Ghost Hunters: New Episodes Delayed For Months

April 17, 2013 04:00 PM by Ryan Haidet

If you were planning to gobble up a ghastly gob of new Ghost Hunters investigations with the expected return of season nine tonight, think again!  There’s been a schedule change — a big one.  The mid-season premiere of Ghost Hunters was supposed to haunt your television with a new episode tonight, but SyFy’s reality hit is taking a much longer hiatus than initially planned.  When can you expect fresh investigations from the TAPS team to air?  We’ve got the details lurking inside.  Read on…  if you dare!

SyFy says Ghost Hunters will be back with a slew of spooky new episodes starting Wednesday, June 12 at 9 p.m. — eight weeks after its originally planned April 17 return.  In its timeslot, SyFy is airing new episodes of Haunted Collector instead through June 5.

Amy Bruni, one of the show’s longtime stars offered additional insight on her Facebook page about the schedule shift.  “Tis true, our return has been pushed back to June. The turnaround was just a bit too quick and we have LOTS of cases for you to see!  So, be patient, it’s worth the wait — promise! :).”

Jason Hawes, the show’s lead investigator, also posted the news on his Facebook page.  “Hey everyone.  Our new season will return in June not April.  I apologize for this, but want the best cases we have for you all to see!”

According to a post earlier in the month, Amy revealed that they finished filming the batch of new episodes on April 2.

The most recent new episode aired on Feb. 27 when the TAPS team investigated the Sylvan Beach Park.  It was the final of seven new episodes featured in the first half of season nine.

What do you think of this news?  Are you surprised?  Disappointed?  Are you a fan of the show?  What locations would you like to see TAPS investigate?  Do you believe in ghosts?  Have you ever experienced something paranormal?  Sound off and leave a comment below!

Want more?  Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook!  For other great reality television news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot.  For more breaking news about celebrities and entertainment visit our sister site SheKnows.com!

Photos courtesy of SyFy.

Topics: Ghost Hunters, SCI-FI Reality TV Shows |

23 Responses to “Ghost Hunters: New Episodes Delayed For Months”

1. Frank Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 6:59 pm

Love the show!!! I have tried to see if they visited Octagon Hall in Kentucky, but I cannot find it. Just went there and some of the TAPS photos were on the wall. Maybe it was an unofficial visit. Keep up the great work debunking!

2. Tina Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 7:20 pm

This SUCKS!!! I have been waiting all day to see my favorite show and now I have to wait till June? This SUCKS!!!!!

3. rick Says:
    April 18th, 2013 at 5:31 am

This pretty much ices Ghost Hunters for me. I was disappointed last night as the family “gathered” to watch the April 17th episode. Without Ghost Hunters International, and now this… we are OVER and OUT of Ghost Hunters. This show you have in its place is simply STUPID. Haunted Collector…every week they take one object and remove it and EVERY place the go to is FIXED ?

ComeANNNnnnnnnnnnnnn.

There are other problems with Ghost Hunters including them refusing to wear head camera’s that can be reduced LATER to what they keep telling US…they saw. LOOK THERE !!! All we get to see is a cameraman shoothing their picture as they yell…..LOOK THERE. They are not even trying to keep up with the other shows that are passing them.

It was fun for awhile, but SEE YA !

4. Jody Hickman Says:
    April 18th, 2013 at 12:42 pm

I was watching ghost hunters all day waiting for the new show.Then found out the new starts in June.Guess I’ll have to wait til June. Love guys. Can’t wait till June.

5. Chris Says:
    April 18th, 2013 at 1:04 pm

Love the show! Dissapointed that it will not be back until June, however, I’m sure it will be worth the wait. One thing I can’t seem to understand is why the producers of Ghost Hunters have to add the annoying backround sounds to the investigations. It definately takes away from the true aspect of the show, which is to allow the viewing audience to hear the paranormal sounds as they happen. Most of the time I can’t tell if it’s the backround sounds I’m hearing or something truly paranormal. That’s why I enjoyed the show “Stranded” so much. It had little or no backround sounds added. Now that’s the way to do it!

6. Ann Says:
    April 18th, 2013 at 5:03 pm

Love Ghost hunters very disappointed that it won’t be until June.Want Amy & Chris back,Along with the rest of the guys. I Also want GHI back. Loved that show also. Do not like The collector or the Southern Ghosthunters. But back on the good ones.

7. Rick Says:
    April 18th, 2013 at 7:56 pm

The background noises have increased, and there is no way to tell a sound from a fake sound.

The show has taken a nose dive, and Ghost Hunters International is not even on anymore.

The Si Fi channel used to be great.

IF you keep telling them you will wait until June….Trust Me…They won’t change a thing.

8. Jeannie Says:
    April 24th, 2013 at 9:42 am

I wondered what had happened when the schedule changed. I do not like Haunted Collector or Southern Ghosthunters. I did get a laught out of stranded.

I am looking forward to TAPS return.

9. Ruby Brown Says:
    April 24th, 2013 at 6:26 pm

I have watched this show for years and lost it when Comcast eliminated it from regular viewing channels. I am hoping to view it on my computer. I have been unable to get weekly episodes. I will try again in June. Thank you Ruby

10. Gwen Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 7:24 pm

I actually find that I really don’t care if or when they air new episodes. For me, the show has taken a downward slide since Grant left; there is just something missing without him, and I don’t even look forward to the show anymore.
    Honestly, I think GH is on its way out. I cannot see another season forthcoming, or if it does, it’s really not going to be worth watching.

11. Brenda Presley Says:
    April 30th, 2013 at 3:52 pm

Hey guys, Can’t wait until your new episodes airs on tv. I love you, and i miss watching you on wednesday nights on syfy. I am one of your biggest fans. I’m disappointed to have to wait until june, i was looking forward to seeing you in april. Please tell grant that i miss him, and i hope that he may return one day. love you guys, and keep up the good work. your biggest #1fan, Brenda.

12. Doreen Says:
    May 4th, 2013 at 9:33 pm

Want GH and GHI back. Both need to use hand held cameras or those new camera pinned to clothing. Too much being missed with the camera man focusing on the investigators. Oh yeah and too much background sounds being added.

13. Tina Dombrowski Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 2:42 pm

Our family is so very disappointed!! You are one of the few show on TV that the whole family can watch. We’re big fans and always anticipate Wednesday nights as “Ghost Hunter Night”. Everyone, Grandma, Mom, Dad and the kids gather around the TV. Please don’t delay anymore. We want you back SOON.

14. Sandy Says:
    June 12th, 2013 at 4:54 am

I have watched since your first show!! Really look forward to the new season!! Hope Amy is now with her new baby! Hope everyone is doing well. Love it!!

15. Qwerty Says:
    July 20th, 2013 at 6:26 pm

Hey Doreen I hate to burst your little hope bubble so to speak but ghi is getting canceled or has been canceled do to declining rating you know that by now right?
    As far as gh…well…if you wanna know about what I think about gh look at the other posts that put up in other subjects of the forums. Other wise just let more here and I will tell all of y’all.
    By the wy ga iiiiisssss wwwwwaaaaayyyyy better than gh

16. Qwerty Says:
    July 22nd, 2013 at 7:17 pm

Hey sandy I hate to break it to ya but she had Charlotte(baby) last year and now just got back on the road hunting ghost.

17. Beth Says:
    August 8th, 2013 at 8:03 am

When is season 9 going to start? Been waiting – according to the internet GH was set to start in June, so what’s the hold up. Paranormal Witness is in your time slot on SYFY.

Confused in NY

18. Qwerty Says:
    August 15th, 2013 at 3:42 pm

I read some where in September, but I do not know for sure

19. Cheryl Says:
    August 21st, 2013 at 4:54 pm

Where are you and when will you be back?

20. Qwerty Says:
    August 25th, 2013 at 12:35 pm

What do you mean?

21. Linda Garlington Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 1:46 pm

Today is Monday August 26, 2013. According to the information above new episodes were supposed to start in June. I’m still waiting. What’s up with that?

22. Vickie Says:
    September 3rd, 2013 at 3:14 am

Hi GH I really love you guys. Out of 200 channels to choose from You are my number one. Don’t care for these fill in such as paranormal witness, Would like to see more new episodes as i have all the old ones recorded and watch them all the time. I miss Grant too but love
    Jason,Amy ,Steve, and Tango. Please return soon.

23. Wanda Says:
    March 12th, 2014 at 6:38 pm

I would love to see TAPS investigate Bobby Mackays Music World, and the Winchester Mystery House, and the Black Moon Manor. I was so looking forward to TAPS tonight. Also the Tate Murder would make a great investigation

Comments