LeAnn Rimes Denies Being Anorexic

April 17, 2013 06:56 AM by Donna W. Martin

X Factor guest star, LeAnn Rimes is in the spotlight once again, and this time it’s to address claims that she suffers from anorexia. Rimes said she is not anorexic and blames her weight loss on stress. Keep reading for more details.

According to US Weekly, Rimes recently sat down with Daily Mail to discuss her sudden weight loss of two years ago. And while she was quick to admit there were problems in her life at that time, she said anorexia wasn’t one of them assuring the U.K. publication that she eats “a ton all the time.”

So why the sudden weight loss? Rimes attributes the weight loss to stress. “I was going through a time when I just wasn’t sleeping – my mind wouldn’t shut off and my heart was breaking,” she said referring to her affair with Eddie Cibrian.

At the time Rimes was married to Dean Sheremet and Cibrian was married to Brandi Glanville. But after meeting on the set of Northern Lights in 2009, Rimes and Cibrian fell in love, divorced their spouses, and eventually got married. And through it all, she said life was turbulent comparing it to multiple roller coaster rides.

Last August, Rimes checked into rehab and went through a 30-day treatment program for anxiety and stress, which helped her learn to deal with the issues in her life. Another way she learned to cope was to express herself through music. One song, “Borrowed,” on her new album, ‘Spitfire’ describes the pain she felt over being in love with a married man. And though it wasn’t easy to write about such personal issues, she said the honesty was liberating.

Now, for the most part, life is good. She has the support of a loving husband and feels good about her body. “Now, I’m secure about my body,” she said, “although I’m like any other woman and have moments of self-doubt.”

What do you think of Rimes’ sudden weight loss? Was it all stress related? Sound off in the comments and let us know.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about The X Factor. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: TheXFactor.

Photo Credit: FOX

Topics: FOX Reality TV Shows, The X Factor |

23 Responses to “LeAnn Rimes Denies Being Anorexic”

1. Larry Fyne Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 7:03 am

Rimes used to be really nice looking especially when she first started out. Now…not so much. Something has sure taken a toll on her.

2. Rob Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 7:09 am

I wish celebrities would stop trying to use this as an excuse. If stress caused this kind of weight loss this would be the fittest country on the planet

3. Mom_in_CA Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 7:36 am

Can people just leave this woman alone already? At what point does the public and the media draw the line as to what they have a right or interest in knowing? If she has anorexia, that is between her, her loved ones, her physician and her God. And anyone who has an interest in this is truly the one who needs to go get help.

4. Dino Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 7:38 am

I believe it. When going through my divorce my health deteriorated very quickly. I ate constantly just to keep the nausea under control, But I lost 25 lbs in two months. My ribs were showing, constant diarrhea, rosecea, gray hairs, losing hair… Worry and stress can do horricfic thing s to your body.

5. Tammy Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 8:09 am

this is her business and her body. not ours to discuss. everyone goes through problems in life and stress will make your body do things it normally wouldnt do

6. stormy Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 8:27 am

SOMEBODY get this twig a cheeseburger!!

7. Cary G Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 8:46 am

She may not be anorexic, but she is as ugly as sin!

8. amanda Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 8:49 am

Considering LeAnn has not had weight (loss) issues before, I completely believe it was from stress. I went though a VERY stressful period and literally lost 20 lbs in 2 1/2 weeks….so I know it can happen. She has put back on some pounds now that her life has calmed down….so people should just leave her alone instead of creating a story just to create a story.

9. Deborah Larkin Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 8:59 am

I have to say this most definitely is anorexia and she is not fooling anyone. I became anorexic (not now, believe me) 30 years ago after the birth of my son. I had a great deal of stress then between a new baby, new house and accepting a promotion at work. I was quick to blame stress but I knew I was not eating and denied it the entire time. I thought I was overweight from the baby weight and only stopped after I dropped to 99 pounds and the doctor threatened me with hospital admission. This girl better get help as she looks really bad I’m sorry to say.

10. Honeykins Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 9:38 am

Can we say Adderall?

11. DGW Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 9:44 am

I had the same experience it’s scary. Good to see LeeAnn doing better.

12. Dude Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 9:46 am

Who cares. If she is lying, it’s her business. If she does suffer from anorexia, how would this impact anyone but those close to her? Mind your business, worry about yourself.

13. Carol Schwarz Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 10:21 am

It has been my experience that anorexics deny they are right up until they die.

14. dee Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 11:10 am

stress is from cheating on your husband with another person’s husband. you brought it on yourself

15. geannine Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 11:24 am

she looks like a bag of old dried up bones.

16. Em Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 11:37 am

Well Brandy Glanville has a seriously hot bod, so I would imagine she is trying to live up to that. Let’s be realistic- Rimes is not exactly a sex bomb.

17. deita Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 12:35 pm

Ewwww who cares anyway. She’s a homewrecker and ugly.

18. jmzsil Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 1:29 pm

This is her pergatory for being a home wrecker! and if I tun on the t.v. and see the replay of her interview were she says, “at the end of the day…” punch!

19. Prof44us Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 1:43 pm

Some of the responses here are so inconsiderate to someone in trouble it embarasses me to be in the same human race. She is neither a slut or Ugly. She has had more personal problems than the average person and her Doctors and family know what she needs better than some of the low lifes that respond to this article in such a cruel manner thinking it cute and funny. You should be ashamed noelgirl, but I am sure you wont be, as you have such a small sense of propriety.

20. SIRENE Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 1:55 pm

first off what business is it of anybodys? if leann has anorexia is it going to help with your salvation? or pay your bills? it is between her and her god because some people do lose weight i wish i did when i am under extreme stress i gain weight. ive gained as much as 20 pounds in a month so everyting is possible

21. Den Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 2:39 pm

I don’t think she is anorexic. Anyone who has gone through a stressful divorce can attest to the weight loss it causes. I was eating like a horse, using food for comfort and I still lost almost 20 pounds. When you are stressing it’s like your metabolism goes into overdrive. Eventually the eating like a horse caught up with me when the stress eased off and I had to then go on a diet to lose what I had gained! Give her a break people! And on another note, it’s usually the chubbers who think thin people are too thin.

22. Dawn Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 3:07 pm

okay before all the name calling here and bs we DO NOT know everything that when on in these peoples lives, nor how their marriages were at the time, why not call her husband the same because he was sleeping around with many women on little miss brandi, and what wife kisses other women for her husbands pleasure, i mean please really to save a marriage,where was your first clue sherlock???, So cut it out about the woman LeAnn, also it is as much him to blame and doesnt help when your clueless wife goes a long with the kissing games, seems she gave the O.K there.

23. Diana Spencer Says:
    April 17th, 2013 at 3:15 pm

Stress can cause weight loss as I went through that very thing and lost 30 pounds. I work for cancer doctors and our patients are stressed out about their disease and lose weight. It’s nothing new. If she says it’s stress then it’s stress. Who are we to say otherwise?
    And stop with the nasty comments about her. When your own backyard is completely clean then perhaps you might find it in your heart to say something nice. If not, please keep your mouths shut!

Comments