April 23, 2013 06:00 AM by Shayla Perry

We knew Kordell Stewart was controlling, but who knew the former NFL quarterback was throwin’ so much shade?! Weeks after news of her divorce went public, Real Housewives of Atlanta star Porsha Stewart opened up to Bravo boss Andy Cohen about her shocking split, and you won’t believe what she says actually went down.

Not many of us were surprised when we found out that Kordell Stewart had filed for divorce from his wife of less than two years shortly before the airing of The Real Housewives of Atlanta season finale, but apparently, we all got that news before Porsha!

The newcomer to the popular Bravo franchise revealed to Andy Cohen that she learned about the divorce via Twitter.

“I was laying in bed and I tweeted, ‘Today is the first day of the rest of your life.’ I put the phone down and took a little nap and I looked back at my phone and my sister was calling me over and over,” Stewart recalled. “She said, ‘Have you heard?’ and I’m like, ‘Heard what?’”

Porsha told Cohen that she saw other people tweeting the news and thought everyone was playing a joke on her.

And where was Kordell when all of this was going on? In the next room!

In fact, heir marriage may be over, but for now, the pair are still living under the same roof.

“It’s a difficult, difficult situation right now,” said Porsha, who says that the two aren’t currently speaking. “It’s something I did not want at all.”

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! Click here for more information about The Real Housewives of Atlanta. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Real Housewives of Atlanta.

Photo Credit: Bravo

Topics: Bravo Reality TV Shows, The Real Housewives Of Atlanta |

15 Responses to “Porsha Stewart Divorce: ‘Real Housewives of Atlanta’ Star Reveals Shocking Details of Split from Kordell Stewart”

1. Jamie Mathews Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 7:04 am

How can anyone be so LOWDOWN as to not tell the only other person involved that you no longer want to be with then? DIRTY…. Cordell, you will see this again… you will see this again.

2. fuskiegirl21 Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 7:26 am

Why doesn’t she go to her sisters house? That can not be healthy for the two of them to be under one roof.

3. vegasdiva702 Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 7:36 am

OK FIRST of all…there are TWO sides to EVERY story. There is a REASON why he is divorcing her. I want to hear HIS story first. Has anyone considered asking Kordell why he is leaving Porsha? Uh huh…

4. sonya hernandez Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 8:10 am

This is truly sad, and a big suprise for everyone. I do think he does have a control problem, and it seems that because things didn’t go his way or to even come to an agreement, he’d rather leave her. Thats not a commitment espeacially in a marriage. She just wants to be herself and work on her career and family. Women have been doing it for years and years, to me this is a blessing that she learned now how he is rather than later. Good luck to you Porsha and God Bless you on your new adventures.

5. G.Harper Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 8:36 am

I do agree that there are two sides to every story vegasdiva702. I read that he wanted her to take care of her stepson and to not go out partying on some weekends and that was it. But having said that, he still did not have to tweet private damaging information without telling his wife first. That is not right because she always said nothing but positive things about him publicly!! She was even still positive during the reunion show regarding him, even though he did not show up like the other husbands did. Cordell is going to reap what he has sowed.

6. jayfreeze Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 9:31 am

Well, I think most of the “Husbands” do not approve of these so called housewives being over exsposed to these reality shows because alot of them do file for divorce immediately after a couple of seasons. I think Cordell look for it to be a temporary activity for Porsha but, turned out to be a career path in which he didnt anticipated, I’m pretty sure these are only very small details that we, as viewers only know of. Nothing positive come out from these housewives shows at all so it’s only a matter of time when the other half decides to turn it off and head straight for the nearest exit.

7. T. Taylor Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 9:31 am

My heart goes out to Porsha it looks like she had a rough season one, however she signed up for allowing her life to be viewed by everyone. Does that mean her husband should be a jerk and divorce her in secret…NO, but finding out the way she did is simply due to her being in the public eye. If my husband decided to leave me tonight, i guarantee I wouldn’t find out though twitter or facebook. I do agree that we will never know what really happened because we are not in the marriage, but i do pray for both of them and hope they find what they are missing in life. In the mean time, stay in that house baby cause he seems like he would be the type to say well she moved out so she doesn’t want it.

8. Cythere Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 9:50 am

Why are you cleaning up her dimwitted words; are you trying to make her look like less of a dope? What she said is: “… I put the phone down and took a little nap like I always do sometimes…”
    I bet she does that all 265 days of the year!

9. Mrs Harvey Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 4:00 pm

Porsha Please don’t loose any sleep over fat albert old ass!!! that was just low down take his ass to the cleaners! I don’t know who told him he was Denzel Washington Please he was more controling than Mister on the Color Purple!!! Girl leave & take it all!!! drive off like the Porsha u are!!! Ok! don’t stay with him even if he begs u back!!! He’s an ass wipe!!! He was lucky u looked his damn way!!! he got nerve!!! hey Mister’s name was Albert on the Color Purple!!! :) lmao he’s the clown now!!!

10. Mrs Harvey Says:
    April 23rd, 2013 at 4:10 pm

also that country ass out dated name who the hell wants to hum that at night? Kordell! girl get your self a young man your age there’s plenty out there would love to have u on their arms!!! it’s some Raheems, Jabari’s, and Darieas’s out there just waiting on Porsha!!! wheres the line for Kordell it does’nt exsist!!! Blubber Butt Kordell I’M glad u won’t have to lay up with that another nite!!! Thank God!!! Fat ABS!!! :) and listen to SOMMORE’S COMEDY TAPE ABOUT OLD ASS MEN LIKE HIM HE’S JUST SO DAMN UP GREATFUL…….HE’S AN OUTDATED PAIR OF SHOES THAT NEED TO BE TOSSED!!! BABY GIRL U NEED AN UPGRADE!!! AND IT’S TRUELY NOT HIM!!! :)

11. Cookiesnsnacks Says:
    April 24th, 2013 at 10:41 pm

I agree with Mrs. Harvey! Kordell did seem very controlling! instead of supportive and loving! It also seem that he just wanted “eye candy” not a woman with thoughts and feelings. Their marriage was fine; until she started really living-having girlfriends and coming into herself.He doesnt want that; he just want her to do what he says and not develop or be an individual. He is not in your Corner! Mydear this is a blessing. Yes take all what he has and dont look back! You are young and beautiful!! There is nothing wrong with a woman working & raising children and maintaining a household!! Step into your new world and leave his old ass behind!!

12. Laraine Pipoly Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 4:06 pm

I hope Bravo renews Portia’s contract for next year. I would enjoy watching her find the man of her dreams. She is a wonderful , talented young lady. Kordell only wanted a Babysitter and eye candy. He is a disgusting, ugly, woman hater! Go Girl!!!

13. amy osborne Says:
    April 27th, 2013 at 10:58 am

how about doing a REAL REAL housewives of the oil workers whom live apart from eachother like me and my husband and sister who lives with her boyfriend and my husband in Williston ND. I’m in Rapid city!!!! It would be so different!!You should email me!!

14. Tanya Meech Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 1:55 pm

Porsha, You did your part. Hold your head up. You have God on your side so Keep Looking up and do not look back. Grace and Peace.

The person who does not deserve to be on RHOA is Kenya Moore. She is “Gone with the Wind Crazy” She is also a liar!. Bravo was scraping the bottom of the barrel when they put her on the show. No one in my circle likes her. She has bad skin and she is ill mannered! If she returns for another season we in NE OH will not be watching.
    Other house wives who need to be replaced- Tamra RHOCC, Brandi RHOBH.

15. Tanya Meech Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 2:01 pm

I have a degree in Pastoral Ministries. I am currently preparing for my Doctorate. I think it would be in the best interest of Bravo to add the God element to its broadcast. It is passe’ for all the sexual overtones and deviations from historical norms. When did it become the preference of the American public to be in the private bedrooms? Bravo, clean up your acts.Please!

Comments