American Idol Recap: Top Four Results Prove Nicki Minaj Wrong

April 25, 2013 06:04 PM by Lisa Princ

Last night on American Idol, Nicki Minaj proved to be the voice of reason, refusing to blow smoke up anyone’s arse, but were her predictions correct? The top four were back tonight to find out what America thought of their performances last night. But, the big question was – did the judges use their save? Ah, you’ll have to read on to find out!

American Idol’s top four results show kicked off tonight as Ryan Seacrest promised a big shocker that would turn the tables on the competition and the judges. Sure. Nothing surprises us anymore, Ryan!

But first, we watched the top four gals perform Alicia Keys Girl On Fire, and then it was time to fast forward through the ever so exciting Ford music video. And in the saddest attempt to drag out the results ever, we learned that Amber loves neon green, Kree loves rap, Candice is addicted to Spongebob Squarepants, and Angie lives in heels. Exciting stuff, I know.

Oh yay, it’s Jimmy Iovine, who completely disagrees with everything the judges said last night, and feels that Amber is in trouble tonight. Jimmy Iovine also did not love Kree’s song choice, she could be headed home tonight. Silly man, don’t you know that no one listens to you.

Stefano Langone is back on the Idol stage tonight with his new single, Yes To Love. For those who may be wondering who the heck he is, he placed seventh on season 10 of the show. Not a bad song, but I’ve never been a huge Stefano fan – don’t shoot me.

Candice got a surprise message from Drake, who gushed about how he wished Candice could be in the studio with him to record with him – and then he appeared onstage! Oh, and Nicki Minaj revealed that Jimmy Iovine was her new sugar daddy – ha!

Oh goody, Lee DeWyze is back on American Idol with his new single Silver Lining. Snoozefest. How the heck did he win? He’s up there with Kris Allen on the list of worst Idol winners ever. Wake me when it’s over, please.

Hmm, 10 minutes left and we haven’t even been informed of who is in the top 2? What the heck is going on Ryan Seacrest? Finally, dim the lights…Amber Holcomb and Candice Glover in one group, and Angie Miller and Kree Harrison in the other group. Hooray, another commercial break. Good grief, why not just make the results show 30 minutes instead of an hour?

Candice Glover and Amber Holcomb are the bottom two tonight. So, who is singing for their life?

No one! Everyone is safe because for the first time, the judges did not use their save, so Idol was stuck with an extra week. However, next week, the votes for this week will be tallied with next week’s to determine who is headed home.

Who are you rooting for on American Idol? We know you have an opinion and we want to hear it! Comment below to share your thoughts with us.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about American Idol. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: American Idol.

Photo Credit: FOX

Topics: American Idol, FOX Reality TV Shows |

16 Responses to “American Idol Recap: Top Four Results Prove Nicki Minaj Wrong”

1. Gloria Says:
    April 25th, 2013 at 7:54 pm

I am convinced after the final votes tonight that this show is RIGGED! From the so call disputes between the JUDGES to the tally of the votes. Save your responses this is my FINALLY ANSWERS!!!

2. Wilson, Eleanor Says:
    April 25th, 2013 at 8:06 pm

I think Amber is extremely marketable. Great voice, and look. I also like Candice.

I think Angie appears phony even though a great talent and Kree will probably make it in Country.

Look at past idols. You don’t have to be a winner to be successful but a great talent and have someone who believes in you.

3. Kelly O!! Says:
    April 25th, 2013 at 9:59 pm

I think amber is terrible an needs to be gone idk what the judges see in her, I think Angie is amazing an kree an Candice I mean deserve a bow down to every time they sing. When amber sings it kills me like literally her voice gets on my nerves. She should of been gone a long time ago!! Go Angie every time u sing I feel u, ur amazing!! Kree ur wonderful an I’m a big country fan can’t wait to see u in concert!! An Candice wow girl u just got everything keep it going don’t let the judges talk about amber to u like she’s top dog, u r an we all cheer for u!!

4. Haley Reinahrt for the win Says:
    April 25th, 2013 at 11:30 pm

This is a tough one. I think Candice should go home. All the judges are okay except for that country dude. He’s got to go.

5. Haley Reinhart for the win Says:
    April 25th, 2013 at 11:33 pm

One thing is for sure-We finally get a female winner.

6. Fil Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 9:30 am

This thing was rigged from the start… They purposely chose male singers that they had no intention of advancing. Who cares if a male or female wins? It SHOULD be about picking the best and let the cards fall as they will. I stopped watching AI weeks ago and instead never miss a moment of The Voice.

7. amie Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:39 pm

I figured out why I am having trouble staying interested in this season. the obvious reason is nicki. but the main is because I prefer male vocalist. The women left all sound nasally and the same. bored and only tuned in here and there.

8. Ann Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 8:42 pm

Personally I don’t see why they have to have four judges. Three would be enough, because we get tired of all the BS from the judges. They must hear something there that we can’t hear at home watching TV. Janelle should not have been sent home she has a great voice and personality.

9. Sue Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 9:13 pm

Angie is the one who will go the furthest and not be like some of the past winners who we never hear about. Go ANGIE!

10. Larry Maitland Says:
    April 27th, 2013 at 7:20 am

Nicki is sucking air that was meant for anything worthwhile. If she is back as a judge next season…this will be my last season.

11. Dawn Says:
    April 27th, 2013 at 2:19 pm

I love angie

12. Dana Kirkpatrick Says:
    April 27th, 2013 at 4:53 pm

I never missed an American Idol show on TV and even went to some live shows. The first show I watch with Nicki Minaj was the last American Idol Show I watched. Take Nicki Minaj off the show – then I will watch Idol again. As long as she is a judge I will never watch Idol. She is a awful judge. Keep Maria (Can Nicki Minaj_

13. Rick Says:
    April 27th, 2013 at 10:24 pm

Please do not compare Lee with Kris Allen. Kris while he may not have the best voice ever has a very good pop sound and in his time on Idol showed an array of musical talents and could almost always be counted on to give a inventive interpretation of whatever songs he sang something that rarely has happended this year and the all girl line up is boring. I cannot off the top of my head recall any season where the top 5 was all one sex…this has led to boredom and blandness no matter how good the singing and this is coming from an Idol die-hard.

14. Donnie Says:
    April 28th, 2013 at 12:02 pm

For me Candice has the best voice going away. Amber is 4th best. Don’t like the way the judges are hyping her. Supposed to be a singing contest not a beauty pageant. Angie is good but there is something about her that irritates the heck out of me. Maybe a little too much in your face dramatic. I just wish Kree would let go and show some more personality. She has a fine strong voice. Just can’t seem to project herself very well. My original choice was a toss up between Candice and Kree. Now I dunno. Don’t think they need four judges.

15. Evelyn Says:
    May 2nd, 2013 at 5:19 pm

american idol mainly is supported by tweens or
    teens – fabulous show and they see all that they too could accomplish – how sad the judges have many nights ruined it for all of us with their childess/selfish selves both with the wardrobes that have been very inappropriate and the fighting/not funny – dear dear mariah, you are making yourself look cheap and way way to impressed by yourself above these young singers – the show is about THEM! grow up and do your job – you are good at it if you just keep yourself OFF the table.

16. robert Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 11:28 pm

Well at least Nasil Minaj is good for a few laughs. Anyone who takes her comments seriously needs a reality check. The big question is, if she sings one of her songs, will they edit the fuck word out for the Idol audience ? Since Randy, Paula, and Simon were the judges it has been a long downhill slide. This years girls are great singers but how many ballads can you listen to. Boring. No life, excitement, just same old same old. Adios, Robert

Comments