Celine Dion’s Two-Year-Old Son Wears Heels

April 26, 2013 11:19 AM by Donna W. Martin

Hell’s Kitchen guest star, Celine Dion, recently appeared on Katie where she admitted she isn’t the only one in her household who loves shoes. Who loves shoes as much as Celine? Why, it’s her two-and-a-half-year-old son. He likes to wear heels, just like mommy. Keep reading for more details.

According to the Huffington Post, Celine Dion loves heels.  So much in fact, that she has over 3,000 pairs. Now that’s what you call a shoe collection! So it’s only natural that her son would like them too, right? I mean, come on, with that many shoes lying around, he’s bound to try on a pair or two.

But that’s okay; it doesn’t seem to bother his mom one bit. “One of my sons, Nelson, is two-and-a-half, and he walks better in heels than me. I don’t know how he does it, but I’m not the only one in the family who loves shoes.” She quipped, “Stay tuned…what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!”

Dion even provided a photo of Nelson to prove just how cute he is sporting his high heels. Here we see her little fella all decked out in a red plaid blazer, grey pants, and a pair of stylish black heels. And who cares that they’re a few sizes too big. He sure doesn’t. What a hoot!

What do you think about Celine Dion letting her two-and-a-half-year-old son wear high heels? Is she wrong for letting Nelson wear high heels? Or is it no big deal? Sound off in the comments section and tell us what you think.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook!. Click here for more information about Hell’s Kitchen. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Hell’s Kitchen.

Photo Credit: ABC

Topics: FOX Reality TV Shows, Hell's Kitchen |

18 Responses to “Celine Dion’s Two-Year-Old Son Wears Heels”

1. lizetta Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 11:37 am

All two-year olds like to clunk around in heels. He is adorable.

2. Dennis Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 11:43 am

My brother wore high heels at age 2. He turned out to be gay and alcoholic.

3. Lynne Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 11:49 am

This is just a kid who is playing with mommy things. Also, kid are a healthy person.

4. Karen Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 12:15 pm

I’ve always heard that the older the father, the more likely a boy will be homosexual, and this appears to bear it out.

5. mamaquilts Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 12:36 pm

Karen, he’s two years old, it’s a little early to say the boy is going to be gay. Both my nephews loved playing with their mom’s high heels and neither is gay. They just liked the sound of them on the hardwood floors.

6. Harriet Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:36 pm

I don’t think it has anything to do with sex. I know one of my brothers loved to play with my doll and if my mother had had high heals back then he probably would have loved those to, clunking around was good entertainment for kids because back then not many had carpeted floors, just wooded so the noise was a plus.

7. carolinagirl Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 2:28 pm

This is the most ridiculous “controversy” I have read on the Internet and I have read a lot! What small child – boy or girl has not put on their mom or dad’s shoes and walked around in them? This is a part of childhood and I find it sad that anyone could relate something so innocent to a child’s sexuality as an adult. Give me a break!!

8. Kenny Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 5:05 pm

I used to call them boxes when I was his age. Well they were in shoe boxes now. lol. Gotta love the tyke.

9. Grace Scardina Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 5:53 pm

Give him some trucks, cars and bats to play with, how about his Daddy, does he like this high heel phase?

10. Ann Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 8:31 pm

I have always heard you learn what you live. Boys should not be taught it is ok to dress with women’s clothes and shoes. Let them make noises with daddy shoes.

11. debra Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 8:51 pm

@Karen: Your statement about older men producing gay offspring has to be the most ignorant and idiotic statement to date. Are you really this stupid 365 days a year, or just a weekend warrior

12. Elizabeth Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 9:05 pm

This mother shouldn’t be encouraging this sort of behavior.

13. ann stephen Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 11:42 pm

don’t let him wear heels ..keep the boy straight

14. Cameron Says:
    April 27th, 2013 at 12:08 am

I’m glad that she’s not freaking out about Nelson walking around in high heels. Kids are very imaginative and lots of kids like to play in their mom and dad’s shoes and clothing and even if a boy dresses up in women’s clothing, that does not mean that they are gay, just like girls playing with trucks does not mean they are going to be lesbians. In medevial times, women were not allowed to be actors and so men played all the parts including the female roles and so men wore dresses and wigs and nobody thought anything abnormal about it, they weren’t gay. Dressing up like that does not mean he is gay. How do you know he doesn’t have bats and truck and other boy toys? I’m sure he does considering his twin is a boy and he has an older brother.

15. sheila wilkow Says:
    April 27th, 2013 at 7:23 am

personally, i think the whole story of her son’s wearing high heels is preposturous. why does the whole world have to know this?
    it’s cute, yes and he’s adorable, but for heaven’s sake, leave the little boy alone, don’t make judgements now, and who cares?

16. Trish Says:
    April 27th, 2013 at 8:26 am

Small children like to wear adults’ shoes w/no regard to size, whether on the correct feet or the gender for which the shoes are supposedly intended. At 2 y/o, my daughter didn’t care whether she was even dressed yet – but had her shoes on already! She & her brother both wore my shoes & their father’s & we didn’t even think about crossed gender lines. Really? They are children! They aren’t thinking about that! Why should we? In fact, regardless of our opinion, why would I take this issue up w/a small child that could not care less? My only concern is a fall risk. After all, they are heels!

17. Marny CA Says:
    September 28th, 2013 at 12:13 pm

Stop making such a big deal about children trying to figure out how to emulate their parents, whether male or female.

Children are sponges and trying things is how they learn what works and what doesn’t.

A boy playing with GI Joe is ok and a girl playing with Barbie is ok — until the boy or girl figures out they are gay!

If parents are so concerned then give your boys Barbie dolls and your girls GI Joe dolls!!

Children are smart — they figure out their gender very quickly no matter the toy or the adult or tv show, etc.

18. Marny CA Says:
    September 28th, 2013 at 12:15 pm

Try to remember the history of fashion! MEN wore the frills and the heels and the wigs.

In the some countries the lawyers still wear those frilly wigs!!

Get rid of men’s ties — those were meant to be like bibs so the under clothes didn’t get dirty!!

Comments