Gwyneth Paltrow Humiliated At ‘Iron Man 3’ Premiere

April 26, 2013 11:42 AM by Donna W. Martin

Gwyneth Paltrow of Who Do You Think You Are? has been all the buzz here lately. First, she was named the most hated celebrity, then she was chosen as People’s “World’s Most Beautiful Woman” in 2013. So what’s going on with her now? She was humiliated at the ‘Iron Man 3’ premiere, but how? Keep reading for more details.

According to NBC, Paltrow appeared on The Ellen DeGeneres Show where she explained how getting dressed for the ‘Iron Man 3’ premiere was “kind of a disaster” that left her feeling humiliated.

Paltrow wore a long gown that had a sheer cutout side that exposed her leg all the way up, and beyond. She explained, “I was doing a show and I changed there and I went and I couldn’t wear underwear.” Needless to say, “everyone went scrambling for a razor,” Paltrow said fearing her title as “World’s Most Beautiful” had gone down the drain. She felt like she had gone from the most beautiful to the most humiliated in one day.

With a raised eyebrow, all Ellen could say was “oy” as she tried to understand why in the world Paltrow would have needed a razor so desperately considering the sheer dress she wore to the premiere only revealed the outer side of her leg.

Then Paltrow let Ellen in on a little secret; she said she was rocking a 70’s vibe, if you know what I mean. Oh no she didn’t! Severe case of TMI…too much information!

What do you think about the sheer dress Paltrow wore to the ‘Iron Man 3’ premiere? Should she have felt humiliated wearing it? Or was she just overreacting? We know you have an opinion and we want to hear it so sound off in the comments section below and tell us all about it.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook!. Click here for more information on Who Do You Think You Are? For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Reality TV.

Photo Credit: NBC

Topics: NBC Reality TV Shows, Who Do You Think You Are? |

67 Responses to “Gwyneth Paltrow Humiliated At ‘Iron Man 3’ Premiere”

1. robert gibbs Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 12:14 pm

women use to have respect for themselves,today’s women don’t have respect for themselves like they use to.

2. robert gibbs Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 12:16 pm

I say what I mean and will not take my comment.

3. Helen Snyder Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 12:32 pm

She knew what she was doing..so why should she complain?

4. UL Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 12:43 pm

Gweneth proves she’s a complete ashmole every time she opens her mouth.

5. none Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 12:52 pm

She seems to indicate she is humiliated by the attention given the situation; she should feel humiliated by wearing that abomination

6. Ellen Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:11 pm

Why should she feel humiliated? She CHOSE to wear that dress and she knew what it would entail – I have no sympathy for her – in fact I think she’s full of herself and an annoyance.

7. Rick Hunter Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:17 pm

She shouldn’t have worried about losing her “Most Beautiful Woman” title because she isn’t the most beautiful woman in the world. That job belongs to my wife.

8. Jeanne Morrison Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:25 pm

Respect? I think they do…Women like Gwyneth are getting away from the cutout paperdoll types and are being themselves…the process can be painful for some (you I think) a bikini wax isn’t beauty unless the one with it thinks it is…we all need to get a life!

9. young & curious Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:26 pm

what does ‘rocking a 70′s vibe’ mean?

10. Marlee Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:29 pm

What is the 70′s vibe”?

11. Ava Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:30 pm

She knew exactly what she was doing. She is a classless hollywood asshole.

12. amie Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:32 pm

people need to lighten up and give her a break. she didnt give herself the title. people magazine did. they always give it to someone who has a movie being released. always! people are such prudes too. so what about the razor thing. it was funny

13. Gabrielhues Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:36 pm

Then why did she wear that awful looking thing. She made the decision, the next day read the unfavorable comments, and now humiliated. Well cupcake, make better decisions next time.

14. Terri Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:42 pm

She’s human!! I thought it was funny.. Still love her…

15. Maggie Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:51 pm

She was humiliated? She must have picked out the dress that she wore. It looked terrible. Now to blame someone else for her dress is crazy. This dress is right up there with the one she wore a few years ago that she went braless with. It showed her very saggy small boobs. Maybe she needs to go with a different designer. Rick Hunter, what a beautiful thing you said about your wife. She’s a lucky woman

16. Ms V Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:52 pm

Seriously is all of Hollywood on pills what planet did she fly in from.
    go to rehab Gwen

17. Sharon DiPiazza Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:54 pm

Like most movie stars Paltrow thinks the world is waiting to look at her and hear what she has to say. Her dress looked cheap and made her look like a hooker.

18. Ms V Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:54 pm

Planet Hollywood I suppose.

19. bri guy Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 2:20 pm

gwen remember the message of shallow hal

20. tnolan Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 2:22 pm

to young and curious, and Marlee; unless I miss my guess, the 70s vibe means that she had not shaved her pubic area at all.

21. Becky Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 2:22 pm

My daddy used to say “If it ain’t for sale, don’t advertise it”, She showed the goods so it must be for sale. There are alot of women better looking than Paltrow.

22. Sam Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 2:26 pm

@#7. Rick Hunter

Dude you are so pussy whipped!!! Does your wife carry your ballz in her purse too?!?

23. Anabella Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 2:28 pm

That dress was awful!

24. violet Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 2:43 pm

Wow, I got home early and saw close up of interview with Gwyneth on OMG TV. She looked so so bad, acne, wrinkles, over made up – atrocious. Can’t believe with women in the power of running mags these days they continue photo shopping etc. Disgusting. Show the celebs the way they are please! And since I have seen Gywnie in person I wasn’t shocked but my friends were…please she is not most beautiful but I always hate that annual issue but this is the first time everyone freaked out…reason being she is not so beautiful plus she really is obnoxius in real life, not the little sweetie you see on interviews and that is the main thing isn’t it? Should have been Sandra Bullock or Catherine Zeta Jones. They are true beauties to all and gee nice in real life and know how to SHUT up already in regard to their personal lives and family. Gwyneth will never stop yapping about her her her her and that dress was inappropriate for a Mom – sorry.

25. Bruce Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 2:44 pm

WTF? 70′s vibe? I was in college in the 70′s and this is over my head. Which end was she worried about shaving?

26. kelly Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 2:44 pm

This is ridiculous! The “Press” (and I use that term loosely) took a comment she made on The Ellen Show – took it completely out of context and now we have this bullshit. The headline is not what it seems and this site might as well be The Enquirer or Star……
    utter stupidity!

27. carl Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 2:49 pm

She’s one hell of a beautiful, sexy woman. What’s vulgar about her dress, her uninhibited look. So many fat, ugly out-of-shape asshole guys being critical of beautiful sexy women. My God, she’s a Goddess just as Marilyn was, as Pam Anderson is, as Angelina Jolie.

If you guys don’t know hot then the only thing you’re gonna date is Lucy Left hand or Rhonda right hand the remainder of your life.

My wife has a few imperfections to be sure, but OMG she’s a damn Goddess too and she treats me like a King. Dresses sexy for me, shaves!!!, goes without underwear, OMG is she F _ _ _ _ _ _ hot.

And you know what, she likes Gwyneth Paltrow too, does that want make you sick? You Pukes!!!

Go Gwyneth, you’re tooooooooooo hot, nothing to be ashamed of. Go Girl!

28. arlene Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 2:51 pm

Indeed, who does she think she is? I’ll tell you…a very washed up (at only 41), has-been, dead-end actress. Her acting is mediocre, her face is now enhanced (badly, no doubt on the cheap…chin is now longer), and trying valiantly to hold on to her 3 seconds of fame. Give it up GP, your career is a WAS, not an IS. Goop gets worse and worse, your so-called cookbooks are nothing but recipes you’ve stolen from everyone you can think of, and why is your husband never with you? Maybe try just being a mom and a wife and look back on a once was career that you had a modicum of success in. Hmmm? give it some thought.

29. Christin Moffitt Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 3:04 pm

I stumbled across this “article” while looking at Yahoo headlines. Who proof reads this stuff? Check your fifth paragraph. It makes no sense and then you didn’t close a quote, which makes it worse. Perhaps the lack of responses to this “news,” lies in the fact that it isn’t. What really saddens me is the vitriolic comments made by responders who do not know the person, yet are so quick to demonize. Some of us are so willing to believe whatever trash is written by the media. Does it make one “feel better” to so smugly assassinate character? Give it a rest.

30. Dan Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 3:06 pm

Booger: We’ve got bush!

31. Ann Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 3:10 pm

Seriously, what does ‘rocking a 70′s vibe’ mean?

32. Heather Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 3:31 pm

For those who don’t know what she was talking about when she said she is rockin the 70′s vibe…is that she doesn’t shave her hoo hah (use you imagination here when as to what a hoo hah is) bald like a lot of women do.

33. Jim Bond Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 3:36 pm

Seriously? Must be some young azz peeps on here, if they have to ask what a 70′s vibe is all about.

More easy to understand for y’all…..

IF I left you on a desert island, without a razor for 6 months… what would it look like down there?

There ya go, visualize THAT!

34. Kemberly Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 3:38 pm

I agree with Amie—–the razor thing was funny and such a typical thing. I saw her on Ellen today and I actually found her charming and more down to earth than expected. She seemed like someone I would meet for a glass of wine and share kid/husband stories. She looked fantastic in that dress—if I had those legs and butt I’d wear it!!!!!!! She was funny and charming–like her even better now!

35. joe Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 3:46 pm

Honey, we luv you all the same.
    “Then Paltrow let Ellen in on a little secret; she said she was rocking a 70’s vibe.”

36. Karyl Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 3:57 pm

The dress was just plain ugly, nevermind the see-through sides.
    She is a beautiful women but has shown bad taste in red carpet dresses over and over.
    Rememberthe blue Oscar dress the year she won? It hung on her like a sack!

37. sly fox Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 4:15 pm

My gosh. Something is wrong with her. Doesn’t she know that there are more beautiful women than her in real life. She really needs attention, imagine, believing in magazines that does nothing but publicly negating the truth and these tinseltown beauties just believe in it hook,line and sinker. Just plain stupid.

38. Callie Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 4:23 pm

If she didn’t want to be humilated…then why would she willingly wear something this revealing and inappropriate? I love to wear beautiful sassy things like any woman. But this outfit was anything but. It didn’t lend itself to elegance at all. It was vulgar. She’s not the most beautiful woman in the world. I can’t imagine who on earth would think this. She’s just average. Her cellulite was revolting to see in that dress. A thumbs down for sure!

39. Myrna Martin Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 4:33 pm

Hindsight is always ’20-20′ BUT perhaps she should have taken a CLOSER LOOK at herself before stepping out in public wearing such a revealing get-up called a dress (even in this day-in-age where modesty/decency appears to be words/things of the past)… OR was she more interested in the publicity it would bring than caring about appearences! Will she proudly show photos of this public appearance to her children a few years from now?

40. nancy Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 4:34 pm

Honestly I have more important things to worry about then what she wore and if she was humiliated or not.

41. Myrna Martin Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 4:34 pm

Just cancel the whole thing…

42. Jack Stalk Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 4:36 pm

A 70′s vibe means a woman doesn’t trim, shave, or anything “down there.” It means there’s a lot of hair down there.

43. Post Mortem Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 4:52 pm

She’s still got more class than Ellen, the un-funniest thing on TV..

44. Linda Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 6:26 pm

That dress did nothing to enhance her beauty or her shape. It is a travesty. The designer should feel ashamed.

45. 129IQ Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 7:22 pm

@ #19 SAM… regarding your comment to Rick Hunter. You pin headed twit, how do you know his wife is not beautiful? also Him saying that his wife is the most beautiful woman is only his opinion and he is perfectly entitled to it and it does not make him “pussy whipped” as your juvenile mind put it. I doubt you even have a wife that does not require being inflated. get it DUDE!

46. Gary Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 9:13 pm

wow she is a very beautiful woman, or I think Tony Stark or Iron Man would not have her true.
    So it was very awesome of her to wear the dress

47. nkta Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 9:47 pm

Why are people such hater’s? I guess they have nothing better to do!

48. Delores Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 10:04 pm

just another ho trying to get attention

49. Dick Johnson Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 10:37 pm

I don’t find Gwyneth very attractive, nor do I like her acting. Just doesn’t do it for me.

Plus she was born with a silver Hollywood spoon in her mouth, and I don’t think she would be were she is without it.

50. Kevin Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 10:40 pm

The only embarrassment was yet again the perversion of characters and storyline for a marvel movie. Not even close. This movie ranks right up there with Spiderman 3…..the only thing more ridiculous than Toby Maguire strutting, is a highly intelligent martial arts master, with 10 super powered rings getting caught with his pants down TWICE, being more interested in a soccer match than the heroes in front of him. GOOOOOOAAAALLLL!!!!…..not.

51. Brady Burrell Says:
    April 26th, 2013 at 11:59 pm

This is a misleading headline. Gwyneth was only making a joke. She, Ellen, and several other people on earth have senses of humor. The writer of this article does not. Many of the nobodies posting comments in this section do not. I am not being funny here, since you might not get that. You people are truly garbage to say such horrible things about this woman just because she is famous. None of the women posting in the comments section are anywhere near Gwyneth’s league. None of the men could ever land a woman like Gwyneth.

52. debra cohen Says:
    April 27th, 2013 at 12:41 am

I believe the “rocking the 70′s vibe comment is a statement about the,shall we say ..the …lady bit area not being neat and shaped conscienciously..???? waxing was not a particular obsession during that time.I don’t know how else to explain that

53. Maggie Says:
    April 27th, 2013 at 1:10 am

#7 Rick Hunter. I think you must have watched too much tv when you were young. Moms like Mrs. Cleaver, with her pearl necklace are not really out there. You can have respect for your body, and still wear the dresses they want. The dress was just plain ugly, it was on the same level of dress she wore a few years back with the clingy material with her very saggy and small boobs. Maybe she likes all the attention on her. Good or Bad.

54. dee Says:
    April 27th, 2013 at 1:41 am

It’s amazing that we are trying to tell our daughter’s to respect themselves by what they wear and how they conduct themselves and then they see celebrities come out with this on. She could have made a better choice. You don’t have to wear it just because you supposedly can afford it.

55. Keven Says:
    April 27th, 2013 at 1:57 am

Some of you are obviously off your rockers! She is a beautiful woman, one of the prettiest of the hollywood crowd. She had no idea of the dress someone had picked out for her. It was made to fit her and she simply showed up and put it on. I thought the response Ellen made to the 70′s vibe thing was hilarious! I was thinking the same thing, something would be definitely wrong if she was needing to shave her hips! lol. Now if the dress had been extremely short I would understand the problem! Is she a bit odd? I would definitely say yes and as far as her acting, I simply think she doesn’t get roles that show off her potential. I love her as Pepper Potts and was disappointed with IM2 because there wasn’t enough of her. I hope she has more of a role in this one. I can promise all the guys who have posted negatively about her wouldn’t pass up the opportunity to spend just one night with her and that’s a fact!

56. charles dock Says:
    April 27th, 2013 at 5:30 am

70s vibe is a girl who’s a 3 holler..likes it in the cornhole..

57. mags Says:
    April 27th, 2013 at 5:46 am

Not even worth a comment!

58. Greg Says:
    April 27th, 2013 at 5:52 am

I don’t know why she felt she was humiliated. She is a beautiful woman. Maybe not the most beautiful woman in the world. The next time I hope she wears the cutouts in the front and back.

59. dwayne belton Says:
    April 27th, 2013 at 6:58 am

why do they hate her? if it were a ‘darling’ you would love her. she’s done nothing to be hated. get over it clowns!!!

60. joe Says:
    April 27th, 2013 at 7:14 am

She is a good looking woman and matters of dress just can’t change that. I liked her travel for recipes in Spain that was featured on PBS. She is just a normal gal and a great looker to almost everyone.

61. Jeff Says:
    April 27th, 2013 at 7:54 am

Humiliated? The anti-American douche ought to be cunt-punted straight back to Europe.

62. Linda Says:
    April 27th, 2013 at 7:56 am

Honestly, I rather she was attired in a caliber ecru elegant dress covering all assets. She is already beautiful, and proper covering enhance classic beauty with distinction. This look subtracted from her elegant status.

63. carly peitel Says:
    April 27th, 2013 at 8:43 am

The only nice thing I can say about “Gewnny” is she has pretty hair! Other than that she is a SCHREW!
    Carly Peitel

64. Aub Says:
    April 27th, 2013 at 9:13 am

1. Gwen is cool peeps. She hangs with rockers and rappers, she wears sweats and tank tops around the crib. She is just a regular around the way girl who happens to have acting in her family genes, is super famous and hella rich. The Most Beautiful.. of course not, but realistically, we should be trashing these mags for even giving someone such a ridiculous title. Out of the 3.5 billion woman on earth, they just so happened to find the most beautiful, right under their noses in LA, who just happened to be Gwen Paltrow? come on! GTFOH

65. Tracie Says:
    April 27th, 2013 at 9:37 am

I’m not so much offended or anything by this dress as I’m confused by what she said. Humiliated by this dress? What does that mean – “I was doing a show and I changed there and I went and I couldn’t wear underwear.” I’m not a complete moron but I have no idea what this means. Did she not know she was going to wear it? Didn’t she have to do a fitting and select just the right designer etc. etc. She acts like it was last minute and had no idea it had see-thru anything on it. You see, this is why she’s hated. Her disingenuous, duplicitous nature shines thru. She may be beautiful on the outside, but that’s all.

66. Jeanne Says:
    April 27th, 2013 at 9:42 am

Rick Hunter – that was a beautiful thing to say about your wife and Sam you don’t have to be pussy whipped because you think your wife is beautiful. Women love compliments if they are sincere and would love to have a Rick Hunter!!

67. akcm Says:
    April 27th, 2013 at 10:23 am

Come on people, it is a celebs job to be noticed. It is what pays the bills. GP is very pretty and acts well, she is also a person who has every right to feel uncomfortable with anything she wants. Just because she is A STAR doesn’t mean she hasn’t got feelings. Haven’t any of you ever worn something You thought looked good until you saw a picture of it on you? I have! Personally, I figure she can wear most anything and look good. I can be envious because I don’t look as good, but then I never did. But why say bad things about the person because of a dress?

Comments