Minaj Slams Carey On Twitter After American Idol Spat This Week

May 03, 2013 05:39 AM by Lisa Princ

Just when we thought that the feud between Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey on American Idol was over, it seems that is the furthest thing from the truth. Despite the fact that they should have been focusing on which contestants would make it to the top three, the divas seemed more focused on sneaking jabs at one another this week. After the show, Nicki Minaj took it one step further as she went on a Twitter slam fest!

The drama on the judges’ panel of American Idol appears to be far from over, as the divas seem to be making it perfectly clear that they do not like each other. This week during the top four performance show, Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey had a little spat while critiquing a contestant, leading Mariah to taunt Nicki about never having a number one single on Billboard’s Top 100 chart. Nicki shot back asking Mariah to clean out her ears.

But in typical Minaj fashion, Nicki took things one step further and decided she would start slamming Mariah Carey on Twitter. “Why a woman SO successful at her age, is still so INSECURE, and bitter,” Nicki posted, which was an obvious jab at Carey. And it did not end there, as Minaj also hinted that Idol producers were looking to replace Carey with former judge, Jennifer Lopez, posting: “All dem #1s but JLo phone ringin? Lol. I guess having a personality, being a secure woman, and giving genuine critique still trumps that.”

Okay, forget about the feud…someone please tell us that J-LO is not returning to Idol! I’m not sure about you, but I’d take Nicki Minaj or Mariah Carey over Jennifer Lopez on Idol any day.

What do you think of the Nicki Minaj/Mariah Carey feud on American Idol? We know you have an opinion, and we want to hear it! Sound off in the comments section below.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about American Idol. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: American Idol.

Photo Credit: FOX

Topics: American Idol, FOX Reality TV Shows |

40 Responses to “Minaj Slams Carey On Twitter After American Idol Spat This Week”

1. DLVACE Says:
    May 3rd, 2013 at 7:29 am

I turn the channel when it is Ms Manaj time to respond. If I were Mariah, I would never honor her comments with a response.

2. Nadine Says:
    May 3rd, 2013 at 7:52 am

I am very disappointed in Mariah. I expected more maturity from her. She should be taking Nicki (much younger)under her wings and kinda schooling. Instead I see a diva who is insecure and unprofessional. I find Mariah to be boring on the Idol and she says the same shit over an over. On the other hand I feel that Nicki is the bomb on the show giving straight up, straight forward advice to the contestants. Nicki needs to be brought back to the show next year!! She reminds me of a female Simon Crowell but with a little more sensitivity!!

3. sam Says:
    May 3rd, 2013 at 8:35 am

i think if anybody needs to be kicked off of idol it should be nicki minaj nobody likes her and she needs to get over herself

4. Susan Says:
    May 3rd, 2013 at 8:37 am

I MUTE TV when Minaj is speaking. She is annoying and I know people who are not watching this season because they can’t stand to listen to her…..so anyone other than her in that seat would be an improvement. If she is back next season, I will no longer watch. Having to MUTE is more pain than it’s worth. Contestants excellent this season and a shame that so many are not watching due to Minaj.

5. Charles Buzbee Says:
    May 3rd, 2013 at 8:39 am

American Idol has become so stale. This guy Jimmy who critiques the singers really “sucks” he adds nothing to the show. Ryan Seacrest should just record his comments and play them, he repeats the same thing over and over and over every week. And someone should tell Randy Jackson “Dawg” has gone to the shed. Everything is dawg, dawg, dawg. I see nothing new or refreshing in Idol as for the contestants you could turn off picture and just leave volume on it seems like the same person singing. Nothing distict. As for Lopez (thank you ditty for passing this one on to us NOT) do not see what all the hype is about.

6. Jersey guy Says:
    May 3rd, 2013 at 8:40 am

J Lo is better than Mariah. I used to like Mariah until I got to see how bitter old hag she is! Bring J-Lo back!

7. Gator Says:
    May 3rd, 2013 at 8:55 am

It’s easy to see why the ratings for the Idol show has dropped so low because of these two women who should have more respect for the show and its performers. Just look at the voice to compare the judges respect for each other and the contestents.
    Make the Female changes in judges and watch the ratings soar!

8. Betty Says:
    May 3rd, 2013 at 9:07 am

Nikki is the one that has to go! I talk to sooo many people that no longer watch because of her and my husband will ONLY watch when I MUTE her or change the channel when she is on.

She amuses me – but I prefer Mariah over her ANY DAY

9. Sara Says:
    May 3rd, 2013 at 9:23 am

R u nuts? Minaj over Jlo?????? Minaj is ruining the show for alot of people!!!!! Big mouth with hardly any experience behind her big hair…

10. los dog Says:
    May 3rd, 2013 at 9:37 am

who cares ai is desperate for ratings i hope they cancel the show or bring simon back

11. Bonnie Says:
    May 3rd, 2013 at 9:42 am

I used to be such a huge fan of Idol, with Clay, Adam L. and Carrie U. being 3 of my favorites. It truly is no longer about the contestants. How you could continue to have Nicki Minaj on the show is beyond me. I like others skip through her part because I can’t stand the whiny voice and the stupid remarks. Nicki has completely made Kree feel like she is a loser, and everyone can see it. The way that Lazaro was treated by all of the judges; they should be ashamed of themselves. Jimmy did deflate Lazaro week after week, and then the judges just wanted him off the show. THEY picked him for the top ten; they praised him week after week. I thought it was appalling and I will not watch Idol next year. They need an average person as a judge; someone who actually votes for the contestants. You could have me for a million instead of the outrageous salaries you pay the celebrities. Anyways, I feel sad for the way it’s going, and to have Amber ousted last night really got to me. I don’t think it was fair to combine the votes from last week because the bottom 2 started with a disadvantage. I know Candace made it, but Amber has something very special. Angie is ok, but belongs on Broadway, not on Idol. I probably won’t watch the rest of the season. It’s just not worth it.

12. Carol Says:
    May 3rd, 2013 at 9:53 am

Minaj needs to go. Hopefully they do not bring her back next season. I cringe everytime she is going to speak.

13. FlawlesslyImperf Says:
    May 3rd, 2013 at 9:59 am

Nicki Minaj makes the show actually interesting. Mariah needs to hang it up…..and have several seats…now !

14. Carla Says:
    May 3rd, 2013 at 9:59 am

I think Minaj is disgusting. She has made the show almost impossible to watch and I am a die-hard fan of the show. Her “advice” is awful and I want to slap her in the head everytime she rolls her eye’s at Mariah’s comments. I do not think Mariah is very good either but at least she does not have her thong hanging out of her pants like Minaj did last week. GROSS GROSS GROSS I will end on a good note. I think Keith does a great job!!!

15. al Says:
    May 3rd, 2013 at 10:39 am

they’re both wannabes!!!! i cant stand either one of them. :)

16. tammy rusk Says:
    May 3rd, 2013 at 10:52 am

I think they let the judges talk way to much. There suppose to cretique the contestants but most the time they all have different opinions i would be confused. Dont like Jimmy either he is the worst. And half the time I like what they hate and hate what they like. The VOICE is so much better wu=ill not watch Idol anymore :(

17. Laurie Says:
    May 3rd, 2013 at 10:55 am

I can’t stand Minaj. She is so full of herself, and really hasn’t earned the right to be. She needs to shut that whinny pie hole, and just go away!

18. Michael Says:
    May 3rd, 2013 at 10:59 am

And you wonder why AI’s rating are down…

19. Nostaljack Says:
    May 3rd, 2013 at 11:00 am

Hmm. Let’s see. Carey speaks truth. Minaj whines about it on Twitter. Carey doesn’t bother to respond. And the winner is…

20. Jesse Says:
    May 3rd, 2013 at 11:02 am

I watched the first few shows during the tryouts an I was so disgusted by Nicki’s behavior that I stopped watching. However, I tune in from time to time just to be thoroughly disgusted an offended every time I hear Nicki’s voice. She is classless, selfish and no matter how many records she has sold she has NO talent!

21. mariane nattress Says:
    May 3rd, 2013 at 11:04 am

i do not like niki minaj at all and i went from a very loyal ai fan to barely watching its not about the talent its about clothes etc and a no talent woman trying to up herself the voice runs circles around ai they need to reevaluate what they want and how to get it

22. Chasidy Rules Says:
    May 3rd, 2013 at 11:14 am

Nicki looks like a Barbie Doll you buy at the Dollar General. NO ONE should honor her with ANY comments! The sound of her voice makes my skin crawl. She is the main reason why American Idol is failing this season. She just doesn’t strike me as talented, I listen to all music by everyone but she is foul.

23. Kelli Says:
    May 3rd, 2013 at 11:20 am

No one likes or listens to Nicki….she cant even decide what personality she wants to be she is psycho and appears to have multiple personalities. So glad that Mariah is classy and doesn’t respond to her trashy statements. Nicki is clearly jealous of Mariah, if not, she sure should be!

24. Truth Says:
    May 3rd, 2013 at 11:22 am

Stopped watching Idol…cant handle Nicki! Zero talent and zero class. Will not watch until she is gone!

25. Lisa Baker Says:
    May 3rd, 2013 at 11:47 am

Nikki HAS TO GO!!!! Mariah has taken her crap long enough. Nikki needs to lose that “gangster” attitude. But they do need new judges, Keith and Randy can stay.

26. Judi Says:
    May 3rd, 2013 at 2:47 pm

I think Keith Urban is great, He is a real smart musician. Cannot stand Nicky Minaj. The younger crowd of kids used to watch the Idol but can’t watch with Nicky on it because of her mouth. My granddaughters used to love to vote. Mariah is very dull. Randy is good with his critique’s but is tiring with the DAWG!

27. Kimberly Says:
    May 3rd, 2013 at 3:03 pm

I cannot stand Nikki Minaj, she is by far the most untalented, ghetto looking, skank that I have ever seen. I believe that Mariah has been in the music business long enough that she makes an awesome judge, not to mention she is so classy and has an amazing voice…I think that Nikki needs to grow up and get over herself because half of the time she really doesn’t know wtf she is talking about. Nikki wouldn’t know what talent was if it punched her in the face…smh..

28. Aurie Says:
    May 3rd, 2013 at 4:48 pm

I wish Nicki Mingie wud learn ta respect her elders and stop being such a jealous ass wipe about Mariah’s superstar career!

29. cf Says:
    May 3rd, 2013 at 9:22 pm

Can’t stand NM…give me back JLo any day! Keith is the only good thing this year. Mariah is such a diva….she needs to go too. These two women have ruined AI this year. Producers…what were you thinking??????!!!!!

30. SJ Says:
    May 4th, 2013 at 6:57 am

Minaj is the most unprofessional artist I have seen for many years. She is straight “GHETTO” and has so little insight and understanding of others that it is almost amusing but unfortunately it ruins the show. This woman is absolutely nuts. A real “borderline Personality” disorder and the most insecure woman I have seen. She is angry about everything and makes the most ignorant comments to people. The show is miserable to watch. I don’t want to hear bickering. They really should have kicked her off the program months ago.

31. Wanda Says:
    May 4th, 2013 at 7:57 am

I have stopped watching it because of Nicki. She is so ghetto and trashy, disrespectful, and rude. I am done with Idol. Will continue to watch the Voice. They have class over there. Nicki has single handedly ruined the show for me. I will never watch it again.

32. Debbie Says:
    May 4th, 2013 at 9:00 am

NICKI MINAJ MUST GO…she is the reason people stopped watching AI. She is rude, talks over everyone and actually has no talent. There is no connection between the judges like there is on The voice and viewers are turned off. Keith Urban is ok. replace Nicki and Randy. I think Mariah is afraid of Nicki and would be more relaxed if Nicki was off the show.

33. Azhane Says:
    May 4th, 2013 at 10:59 am

Nicki M. does NOT respect Mariah.

I am still confused as to why Mariah don’t check her once and for all. She constantly dominates everything on the show and they allow her to continue to do so on every show. Enough of this…I enjoyed watching the show when Simon was on the show. It also goes to show how the show has drastically changed. Wow

34. gussie moel Says:
    May 4th, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Iam in my 80 year of life,and I use to love to watch American Idol, but since that Nicki has been on the show it became a real joke same as she is. when will you bring the class back to American Idol?

35. Susan Jordan Says:
    May 4th, 2013 at 12:36 pm

So sad that such a wonderful program turned into a brawl with that judge Nicky, she only distracts the TV watchers. with all of her nonsense, and her 33rd street behavior. who needs her? she only takes away from the performers, So sad that a no body is allowed to be a judge. Shame on the producers

36. CityDiva Says:
    May 4th, 2013 at 4:23 pm

That Nicki is so full of herself. WHO is the one who is insecure and bitter??? If NICKI was secure and not some ghetto tramp, it would not have been necessary for her to send those tweets about Mariah. SHE is the one who should be worried about HER position as a judge on Idol. The Powers That Be are not deaf and are certainly not stupid. The ratings have plummented and Minaj is just ONE of the reasons why viewership has fallen.

37. m grier Says:
    May 5th, 2013 at 8:40 am

Nicki has, knowingly, has taken the term “ghetto skank” to an all new LOW!! I have no idea what the AI producers were thinking (IF they actually formed a conscious thought) when they decided that in order to boost ratings that they had to put the show into the toilet….which is where it’s been since Nicki “Street Trash” Minaj has been allowed to voice her “opinion”. Apparently, she is under the impression that, since she obviously has no real talent, that she needs to “show my ASSets” in order to sell concert tickets!! This, unfortunately, has become the RULE instead of the exception to the rule. The most ridiculous part of the whole ordeal is that this bitch actually thinks she has REAL TALENT. Possibly “under the sheets” w/someone who does not mind being the next STD candidate. You can’t turn a whore (or HOE) into a housewife….or a professional singer….it appears, especially since the only thing that Nicki has going for her is the fact that, unfortunately, she could actually make money…….walking the streets!! Cancel the bitch’s contract & let everyone enjoy the programming which has not happened since Ms Bitch joined the crew.

38. CrazyCrazyBoo Says:
    May 7th, 2013 at 7:03 am

nicki abused mariah with dirty words. that’s unforgivable. it’s even hard for such a decent lady like mariah to sit around. it’s not about sense of security. it’s dignity.

39. Diane Says:
    May 8th, 2013 at 11:41 am

I think most of Nicky Minaj’s comments are spot on! She has done a couple of things that I did not think was right(ex)ordering the guys off the stage. But I think she is a nice female Simon. I agree with most of her comments. Now about the Diva aspect. It is suppose to be about the singers trying to get better and win, not the two Divas!

40. Minaj_is_awful Says:
    May 28th, 2013 at 8:30 pm

Minajn deserves to be called a cunt. On live tv EVERYONE IS THINKING IT FUCK YOU NICKI YOU STUPID CUNT!

Comments