Katy Perry’s Dad Calls Her A Devil Child

May 04, 2013 01:32 PM by Donna W. Martin

So You Think You Can Dance guest star, Katy Perry has been under fire. And I bet you’ll never guess who is saying ugly things about her! It’s her own parents. What’s up with that? Katy’s dad is a firebrand preacher and he doesn’t approve of her lifestyle so he’s speaking out and asking people to pray for his ‘devil child’ daughter. Keep reading for more details.

According to FOX, Katy’s parents, Keith and Mary are currently making their way across the nation touring churches as star speakers. As part of their presentation, they are showing a video of Katy where they make her out to be a devil child who desperately needs healing. Her father then asks the congregation to pray for Katy.

Recently, while preaching in Santa Fe Springs, CA, Katy’s father said, “They ask how can I preach if I produce a girl who sang about kissing another girl.” Then he went on to say watching his daughter perform on stage was something so hellish he can hardly bear it. He said he attended one of Katy’s concerts where there were 20,000 people in attendance and as he tried to watch his daughter, he ended up weeping and weeping because Katy’s fans were worshiping her when they should have been worshiping God.

What do you think of Perry’s dad calling her a devil child? Do you think Katy’s fans were worshiping her at the concert? Or were they just enjoying a good show? We know you have an opinion and we want to hear it so sound off in the comments section below and tell us all about it.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about So You Think You Can Dance. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: So You Think You Can Dance.

Photo Credit: FOX

Topics: FOX Reality TV Shows, So You Think You Can Dance |

20 Responses to “Katy Perry’s Dad Calls Her A Devil Child”

1. Amy Shelaine Says:
    May 5th, 2013 at 11:03 am

What a second! I HEARD the message you are referring to, and Mr. Hudson DID NOT SAY THAT!!! You are maliciously falsely representing what he said. Actually in your article you cannot cite a direct quote of him saying that. Bad journalism! Mr. Hudson said he was weeping at that concert because he saw all of the young people who are looking for something more in life. He said they were looking for something to worship. He did not say he was weeping because he was angry that Katy was on stage or because tthey were worshiping Katy. He said over and over how proud he is of his daughter and all of his children. He said that he loves all people because he knows that God loves them too. His message was full of love, not hate as you portray it. You are obviously just looking for another sensationalized story. One that is false, I might add.

2. Beverly Henry Says:
    May 5th, 2013 at 11:20 am

Well I have heard her parents and heard nothing of that sort,what I heard and so did about another thousand people in our congregation and they love Katy very much and have a very close relationship with her and since this is coming from the news media and not Katy’s own mouth I find it not true. Her Dad had only good things to say about Katy and nothing negative and they DO attend her concerts.

3. Beverly Henry Says:
    May 5th, 2013 at 11:23 am

erly Henry Says: Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    May 5th, 2013 at 11:20 am

4. Janet Says:
    May 5th, 2013 at 11:26 am

I was in one of his meetings and this is a total lie. He was very supportive of Hollywood in general and spoke of Katy in a way that a godly father would.

5. Beverly Henry Says:
    May 5th, 2013 at 11:26 am

Beverly Henry Says: Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    May 5th, 2013 at 11:23 am

erly Henry Says: Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    May 5th, 2013 at 11:20 am

6. J. Grunewald Says:
    May 5th, 2013 at 11:36 am

Not true. I have heard her dad speak several times and he has nothing but love for Katy. He sounds more like a proud father than anything else. Does he agree with everything she does? Doubt it, but I guess you have to understand her parents love for their children before you could understand that. Do you? If not, please call Katy’s parents and have a sit down talk, they will be happy to explain it to you in their own words. Then print it exactly as they say it.

But seriously, if you want people to take you seriously over the long run you must print the truth.

7. Leah Says:
    May 5th, 2013 at 11:44 am

I was at a service that mr Hudson (Katy’s father) spoke at. This article is full of lies!!! He never called her a devil child! He was full of love and care for his daughter. He spoke of how talented she is. No he does not free with where she has taken that talent In some ways but he asked us not to judge her. But Instead to just pray she would grow to have a relationship with Christ and let him use her.
    And he never said that watching her perform was hellish! He thinks his daughter is gifted and beautiful. He said it broke his heart that so many in the audience didn’t have a relationship with Christ and that all they knew was worshiping people. He was sad for them that they didn’t know what it was like to worship God!
    He loves his daughter and that was more than evident during his preaching. He said those that judge others and hate are religious. Having a real relationship with Christ is about loving people an wanting better for them.
    He is a good man. And I believe even Katty perry herself would be disgusted with this article.

8. Yadira Says:
    May 5th, 2013 at 11:54 am

This article is a complete lie. I’ve heard Katy’s parent’s speak at church and they completely stand up for their daughter. Her choices may not be what they would’ve chosen for her, but many parents feel that way about their children. They have a wonderful relationship and they love her, as well as the people in her industry. This is nothing but another article trying to make all Christians out to be hate mongerers when it’s the exact opposite. That trend is old. Stay ahead of the journalism game, guys.

9. Amy Says:
    May 5th, 2013 at 11:59 am

Keith and Mary Hudson love their daughter very much and have nothing but love for her and people period. I have heard them both speak and in no way do they “demonize” their daughter. They spoke highly of their children (yes they have more than one) and showed a beauiful video of Katy as well. You have tried to demonize a truly good and loving family relationship here, but love and truth will win. The Hudson’s are loving, compassionate, passionate, and inspiring people. I am curious…What is wrong with people of faith requesting prayer from family for family?

10. SuZ Says:
    May 5th, 2013 at 12:21 pm

Have heard Mr. Hudson speak and he has nothing but love for his daughter. He never said the things your article claims. Does he receive extra attention and is he invited to speak in churches because he’s Katy Perry’s dad? You bet, but as long as he uses his “celebrity” to reach folks, I have no problem with his message of unconditional love. As the parent of adult children, perhaps the hardest thing is to let them go and make their own choices. Even if I don’t agree with some of those choices, it doesn’t change my love for them. This “article” appears to be nothing more then a “fluff” piece of yellow journalism and shouldn’t be taken seriously by any reader.

11. Connie Says:
    May 5th, 2013 at 12:30 pm

What???!!!! I herd her father speak to our congregations and so did hundreds of others, and his message was NOT malicious or Bearing evil report of Katy! Everything he said was out of love, and I am ashamed of such bad journalism. This is sad, and you should edit our article to reflect the truth!!!

12. Brittany Hartney Says:
    May 5th, 2013 at 1:16 pm

I have heard Keith and Mary speak at our church a few weeks ago. They did nothing but uplift their daughter and did not use the words “hellish” or “devil-child” in any way about her. They know she has a great gift and is able to reach millions. They spoke about being at her concerts and seeing all the people who are looking for God and instead reach out to celebrities as something to worship because of that need for something greater. I believe the comments made against Keith and Mary in this article should be edited.

13. Angie Maccombs Says:
    May 5th, 2013 at 1:20 pm

I have personally heard Keith Hudson speak and his message was full of love. He says he has a great relationship with Katy and loves her very much. He asked us to pray for her because he knows God has amazing plans for her!

14. Cassy Says:
    May 5th, 2013 at 2:11 pm

Please print the truth. Her parents are so loving and proud of her and that needs to be portrayed. Maybe if you would actually sit and attend a service – you would be well informed of that. Better yet, get a copy of that actual service and listen to it.

15. Suzy Says:
    May 5th, 2013 at 2:35 pm

I have heard both of her parents speak and they speak of nothing but love for their daughter. The message her parents give is not malicious towards their daughter or her fans. They want the best life possible for their little girl.

16. Hannah M. Hocott Says:
    May 5th, 2013 at 3:30 pm

Keith and Mary Hudson had a great message to share that was full of love! Never once did he call her a devils child. They love their daughter very much. Keith personally stated that he has a great relationship with his daughter and that he loves her very much!

17. Morgan Says:
    May 5th, 2013 at 4:09 pm

Stop telling lies. I heard from him Speak.Everything that came from his mouth was love. Find something better to do then to make garbage up.

18. Ally Says:
    May 5th, 2013 at 4:53 pm

Do you have an audio clip of this!? One that wasnt tempted with and edited? Ive heard her parents speak and it was all out of love. Not one ounce of hate was portrayed . Im not sure why you felt the need to write aa false article but obviously several people are calling you out on it!!

19. Stephanie Says:
    May 6th, 2013 at 2:43 pm

I am in agreement with Ally {May 5th, 2013 at 4:53 pm} and request the unedited audio or video clip to be downloaded to “Reality TV Magazine-You Tube”. It would be fabulous for the viewers of “Reality TV” to get the opportunity to witness God’s love from Katy Perry‘s parent‘s perspective.

Keith and Mary Perry are witty, down to earth, NON JUDGMENTAL, and they aren’t stuck in a “Christian box” afraid to wear clothes or say certain things that might offend “particular groups” of judgmental people that claim to be Christians. The Perry’s message is one of love and adoration for their daughter and others in the industry.

I assume Katy knows this article is falsely represented and from what I gather she has a great relationship with both of her parents. It’s unjustifiable the media would intentionally try to tear their family apart, but I say BRING IT ON “Reality TV Magazine” because you won’t succeed in destroying in the Perry family!

20. Stephanie Says:
    May 7th, 2013 at 2:21 am

In my comment above “Stephanie Says: May 6th, 2013 at 2:43 pm” My intention was to refer to Katy’s parents as Keith and Mary Hudson and not as the Perry’s. My inattentiveness to detail gets me in trouble and I apologize for the error.

I respect Keith and Mary Hudson for attending Katy’s concerts and interacting with the crowd. Most of their ministry appears to model that of Jesus in respect to working outside the four walls of the church. Jesus ministered to all who needed healing and love and Keith and Mary Hudson seem to demonstrate a Jesus like mentality at Katy’s concerts by helping those searching for a purpose to life and searching for love.

What I find so ironic about this article , by Reality TV magazine, is the Hudson’s are the polar opposite of how the article intended them to be portrayed.

Lastly, here are two, non-threatening Christian Encouraging Quotes:

You are valuable because you exist. Not because of what you do or what you have done, but simply because you are. –Max Lucado

Be assured, if you walk with Him and look to Him, and expect help from Him, He will never fail you. –George Mueller

Comments