Gwyneth Paltrow Dishes Met Gala: I’m Never Going Again!

May 09, 2013 01:00 PM by Donna W. Martin

On Monday, May 6, Gwyneth Paltrow of Who Do You Think You Are? attended the Met Gala. But she didn’t have a good time and has since vowed never to go again. What’s up with that? Keep reading for more details.

The Met Gala is much like a fancy prom that began in 1948 when the Costume Institute opened, but it isn’t held at the local high school. Instead, it’s held at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City. And everybody who is somebody within the ‘it’ crowd including actors, models, designers, musicians, and every other type of celebrity known to man gets dressed up and attends. The purpose of the gala is to raise money for the Costume Institute.

But according to US Weekly, one actress in particular, Gwyneth Paltrow wasn’t feeling the costume benefit gala. This was the first time she had attended the gala and if she has anything to do with it, it will be her last. “It was so un-fun,” Paltrow said, “It was boiling [and] I did not enjoy it at all…I’m never going again!”

Paltrow wore a long sleeved, bright pink Valentino Haute Couture Corolle gown and arrived at the gala separately from husband, Chris Martin. Why? Paltrow and Martin avoid being photographed together and try to keep their 10-year marriage as private as possible.

What do you think of Paltrow’s comment about never attending another Met Gala? Do you like her dress? And what do you think about Paltrow and Martin taking in the event separately? We know you have an opinion and we want to hear it so sound off in the comments section and let us know.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook!. Click here for more information on Who Do You Think You Are? For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Reality TV.

Photo Credit: E!

Topics: NBC Reality TV Shows, Who Do You Think You Are? |

34 Responses to “Gwyneth Paltrow Dishes Met Gala: I’m Never Going Again!”

1. sweet Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 1:32 pm

Her pink fushia dressis un-fun too and before she act like a diva – people neither think she deserved the oscar best actress before – how’s that for un-fun reality Ms.Paltrow !

2. mousie Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 1:39 pm

I totally agree, if it wasn’t properly air conditioned, and,by the look of it, everyone else is in BLACK!
    It looks boring, and I think it would have been more fun to stay home and RENT A MOVIE.

3. Kasey Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 1:42 pm

What is with the weird dresses she wears lately?

4. Rose Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 1:43 pm

I agree with Gwyneth her personal is not for the world to munch on. As far as her decision not going to the gala again it’s up to her if she’s ready for the critics.

5. Rose Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 1:44 pm

I like Gwyneth and I really think she tries to stay real. I think she must have good reason to not like it. I have never been so I cannot judge. But I read an ealier review of reality star, Kim Kardash soon to be West, I believe, a review, of her fashion not being so great, at the same event. Well, I personally saw nothing wrong with Roses on black print. AS for Gwyneth, maybe she had a bad review on her Pink gown too. If so, I don’t blame her not wanting to go back. I like the color with her blonde hair. I personally would have chosen something else to wear, but it is not the worst I have ever seen.

6. Sandra T Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 1:46 pm

WHO CARES

7. teeholmes Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 1:48 pm

I believe her taking pics separately from her husband is ludicrous. If I had a man I could be proud to be my husband, I would have been all up in the cameras cheesing like a fat rat. Negative comments from her aside.

8. ksea Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 1:51 pm

Well that’s great you’ll never attend another Met Gala. Nobody wants your UGLY ass there anyway

9. Mike Brosius Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 1:53 pm

Pretty Dress.
    Diva Attitude.
    Never say “never.”
    Sounds like a flaky marriage. Diva Attitude.

10. Anna Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 1:54 pm

She did not have fun because she got to see what beautiful people really look like.

11. HeddBanger Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 1:55 pm

Shhhhhh…you hear that?
    Nothing. Right.
    THAT’S THE SOUND OF NOBODY GIVING A S**T

12. Gary Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 2:00 pm

Gwyneth is one of the classier young ladies from that genre. I think she is right to not go. It is just another overrated show.

13. Robert Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 2:01 pm

I have an opinion: WHO CARES?

14. Jeanne Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 2:13 pm

Dress: un-fun, hair: un-fun, no jewels: un-fun. Think she was having an “un-fun” day! Shorten the dress and call it a wash.

15. Jeremy Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 2:27 pm

Sweet,the fact that you know so much about this kind of make you un-fun as well. Now suck my dick and make sure to do the swirl!

16. ariellove Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 2:32 pm

I think shes just a private person and its her choice if she goes again or not..not a big deal.:)

17. CC Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 2:37 pm

At least she’s honest…

18. renee Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 2:40 pm

people mag voted her most beautiful woman…hmmmm okay well its sad she didn’t have a good time and it was un-fun…none the dress was beautiful unlike the person wearing it.

19. vegasdiva Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 2:45 pm

I don’t blame her. That event was a “who wore what” and the media was not concerned with what the gala was for!! If you did not know about this function, you probably still don’t. I would never go either! I commend her for being up front about not wanting to go, and I bet it is because the focus was on the clothes, and not the EVENT!

20. George Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 3:01 pm

She’s not going again? Well, maybe I am not going to any of her films again. After all, we who only make $25K REALLY can’t afford to but tickets to her movies. I now have better uses for that ticket money.

21. Donna Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 3:02 pm

Call someone who cares

22. mary Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 3:02 pm

I don’t blame her one bit. I would feel the same way. Everything and everyone would be SO fake and boring. Good for you, Gwyneth, for speaking out and being yourself—-no need to have to go somewhere just because the “it” people go to see and be seen. Have fun instead.

23. ro Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 3:09 pm

Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn!

24. Anthony Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 3:17 pm

Who cares if she goes anywhere? Gwyneth Paltrow is a consummate narcissistic virago who needs to be reminded that she makes her living as a non talent parasite. Her secret criticism of the United States puts her in the same category as Jane Fonda. One wonders at the desperation of the Hollywood scene that she is invited anywhere. As far as her husband not wanting to be seen with her publicly…..perfectly understandable.

25. Pat Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 3:32 pm

I really like Gewenth but didnt like her selection of dress, If she didnt have a good time and doesnt want to go again then thats her choice and opinion which she has a right too. I think she is a great actress and if the acadamy voted for her well then she earned it.
    Pat

26. Suzan Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 3:36 pm

Her dress sucks!!

27. Jim Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 3:41 pm

So she did not like the party and does not want to go back. Big deal. She should not go where she does not want to be. Her dress was ok I guess. I don’t really care about trivial things like what somebody is wearing. And how she and her husband conduct their marriage is their business, and nobody else’s.

28. Kendra Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 3:45 pm

Did she mug Jane Jetson for that hideous gown? Also, she has the ugliest, flappiest little breasts and she never wears a bra! What up? Oh, not her little rocks in socks.

29. RichardH Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 3:59 pm

Well, she seems like a nice woman and reasonably good looking, but some “famous” organization named her the best looking woman in the world!! My guess is that only women voted. And those had to be lesbians and on drugs.

30. France Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 3:59 pm

Good! Don’t ever GO again…You didn’t even keep with the theme? Your dress was blase’ But a ponytail? Really? You looked like a 1960 Barbie doll that I would throw away. Further there were some very “Punk” ideas in the wardrobes but most of the men just wore a tux…guess they didn’t get the email…the theme was “Punk” and the women don’t know what to do with their hair for a themed event (Not you Nicole & Miley…nice going)

31. Laura Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 4:12 pm

I don’t get that she goes separately to an event that her husband is attending. I wonder how they explain that to their kids…

32. Rosanne Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 4:43 pm

I don’t blame her either, She is lovely and a down to earth person incase you did not know…of course somebody has it in for her…she is constantly picked on…the event is so fake and boring. yes no need to go somewhere just because the “It” people “who ever they are” need to be seen.

33. butifulwun Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 8:08 pm

wow she mad because she wore a pink red cross dress. lol stop whining. She mad because she was upstaged by the worst outfits e.g (Kim K and Madonna). Gwen you may live in the UK but you are not royalty. You should take this moment in which many many would want to stand in your shoes and enjoy!

34. Jon Says:
    May 9th, 2013 at 9:38 pm

Anything like that is “un-fun”.

Comments