Celebrity Apprentice Recap: Delish Ice Cream Battle Royale

May 12, 2013 08:53 PM by Lisa Princ

Last week on Celebrity Apprentice, Lisa Rinna, Penn Jillette, Trace Adkins and Lil Jon were revealed as the final four, but tonight, two of them were fired right off the bat. With the final and most daunting task ahead, also came the return of some past contestants, who taught us one thing – you really can’t tame crazy!

Right off the bat tonight on Celebrity Apprentice, it was down to business – the firing business, that was. Going into the final task, Donald Trump needed to fire two of the four remaining celebrities. First up was Lisa Rinna! Why was she fired? It certainly wasn’t for a lack of work, or raising a butt load of money, but it was because Trump wanted to see Penn in the finals.

And then in what seemed like the longest drawn out bunch of boardroom questioning ever, was the decision to fire either Trace Adkins or Lil Jon. Trace seemed very laid back and quiet, which had us wondering if he really wanted to go to the finale. But it didn’t matter what he said, as Donald fired Lil Jon because he worried about the lack of money the rapper managed to raise during his stint as project manager.

So, the final two are Penn Jillette and Trace Adkins!

For their final task, worth $250k, the men were asked to create a new flavor of ice cream for Walgreen’s Delish brand of ice cream. Oh yeah, and they would need to make a commercial, and of course, rake in the celebrities. But before they could begin, some former cast members were brought back on to help them. For team Penn, Trump brought back LaToya Jackson, Lisa Rinna, and Dennis Rodman. For team Trace, Trump brought back Marilu Henner, Gary Busey, and Lil Jon. Admit it, you know you were hoping to see Omarosa brought back – ha!

The hardest part of this task was definitely not creating the ice cream flavors! Each team easily came up with two flavors, which they then sampled to folks in Walgreens to get a real reaction to which flavors would sell. Penn’s team ended up with a vanilla based ice cream with chocolate swirls and turtles, which they named Magic Swurtle, while Trace’s team chose to go with a Maple Macadamia “mash-up” over Red Velvet.

Helping advise the final task was none other than Joan Rivers. Does anyone else cringe watching her talk? She barely has any movement in her face from all the plastic surgery – ick. Joan was certain that Penn’s team had the upper hand, because well, Penn was sure (or more hopeful) that Wayne Newton was going to show up with a big ole check for him. Meanwhile, Trace seemed to be having problems getting any Country stars to help him out. Really? This is NBC for heaven’s sake, where the heck was Blake Shelton?

But by far the funniest part of the night was Gary Busey. I mean, Gary is natural lunatic, but for this task, they decided to have Gary dance in hopes of the video going viral. It was by far the funniest thing I’ve seen in a while. That, of course, along with all of Gary’s other quirky moments, such as a sugar rush from downing an entire pint of ice cream, and falling asleep mid-task. There is just no taming him, is there? Okay, let’s just be thankful that Trace didn’t go with his original idea of having Busey dance in a thong – can you say nightmares?

And we were left with Penn struggling to edit his commercial down to the needed 60 seconds or less. He seemed to be thinking he was doomed. Can he do it and end up with the win? You’ll have to tune in next week to find out!

Have you been watching Celebrity Apprentice? Who are you rooting for? Join the conversation and leave a comment below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about Celebrity Apprentice. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Apprentice Links.

Photo Credit: NBC

Topics: Celebrity Apprentice, NBC Reality TV Shows |

23 Responses to “Celebrity Apprentice Recap: Delish Ice Cream Battle Royale”

1. whateveryou Says:
    May 13th, 2013 at 10:27 am

I like Penn, he seems intelligent & in interviews he always comes across well. Nothing against the other guy. I just like Penn J.

2. ihatetrace Says:
    May 13th, 2013 at 12:48 pm

Its a shame Trace Adkins’ charity is the red cross…its an amazing organization. Its a shame they have a misogynistic bigot raising money for them. If there were no cameras recording, I’m sure that fake punch at Marilu Henner would have been real.
    Donate to the red cross independently and support Team Penn!!

3. Rita Youngblood Says:
    May 13th, 2013 at 6:28 pm

Just tried both flavors of ice cream from Celebrity Apprentice and without a doubt Trace Adkins Maple Macadamia Mash-Up won hands down! Sorry Penn! Did enjoy the sea salt chocolate in yours!

4. TaraNoel Says:
    May 13th, 2013 at 8:09 pm

We just tried both flavors and my husband and I agree that the Chocolate Swirtle won hands down. Not even close!

5. Susan JSG Says:
    May 13th, 2013 at 10:56 pm

I agree with Rita. I expected to like the Swirtle but prefer Trace’s Maple.

6. Melanie Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 1:51 pm

My family just tried both flavors and liked each flavor… Hard to decide which one was better.

7. michelle ann Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 3:48 pm

We just tried both flavors… money back gtd Im returning the Macadamia Maple wee ooh thats awful stuff.. Im going with Penns’ rich creamy vanilla and Chocolate Swirl.. Trace’ flavor leaves an after taste in your mouth. Besides we do not support the Red Cross .. a corrupt organization.

8. Dale Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 3:52 pm

Trace’s Maple Macadamia Mash-Up won big time here….like both guys but pulling for Trace and the Red Cross………………

9. chris Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 4:22 pm

I tried both ice cream both were very good but I preferred Penn’s I liked the one trace made just not a big fan of maple but give me chocolate and I’m all for it

10. Sharon Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 5:09 pm

Tried Penns flavor, it was just okay. Not enough of the chocolate turtle swirls in it.
    Love Traces flavor, buttery maple with the crunch of macadamia nuts, now that a winner!
    Traces flavor sold out before the first 24 hours in our town!
    Can we say yummy?

11. Terri Kaplan Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 5:38 pm

Just finished a container of Magic Swirttle, the best Ice Cream i have ever tasted. Ib hope Penn wins. going to buy more tomorrow.

12. Lillian Tillman Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 6:12 pm

We just tried the ice creams and in my opinion it was Trace’s flavor that won. I could not try Penn’s flavor as it had wheat in it for which I am very allergic to it. However my husband said it was way to sweet. Sorry Penn just could not attempt it as I don’t want to go to the hospital. When making any kind of food you all need to be considerate of people with food allergeries…Trace what are you thinking about the red cross??? Get another charity PLEASE, they screwed me when my daughter passed away. They promised to come back to help me pay for her funeral and still to this day 9yrs later I have yet to hear from them. But my nephew got a whole bunch of clothes and stuff from the house fire and I got nothing from them, I had to take a loan of $9000.00 just for her funeral then another $2000.00 for her headstone. She was 18 yrs old. So Trace you need to pick another charity. thanks…

13. Nancy Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 6:35 pm

Loved Trace’s ice cream… Did not like the saltiness aftertaste from Penn’S flavor. I was excited to be able to try the flavors on Monday.

14. Joshua Says:
    May 14th, 2013 at 10:13 pm

Trace wins. Penn’s looks cool in the container seeing how the swirl in swirtle catches its name, but with the chocolate of the turtles overtake the flavor of the ice cream itself. Trace’s on the other hand has the mellow taste that makes me have a bit more over a period of time then finding out the container is empty. Yet having a macadamia pop up unexpectedly is always a bonus.

15. robert Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 6:24 am

best ice cream I have ever had. both were delish!!! very creamy I think I like trace’s the best but penn’s was also very good

16. Kathy Says:
    May 15th, 2013 at 6:25 pm

LOVE the macadamia nut mash up – best by far! Creamy and delicious!

17. Britt Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 2:41 pm

Penns flavor with yummy bits of chocolate and sea salt and Carmel with creamy vanilla ice cream was fantastic! Tried the maple one too it was good but penn wins this icecream hands down

18. Linda Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 10:09 am

Have to go with Trace’s Maple Macadamia Mash-up. Not enough chocolate in Penn’s Magic Swirtle. I’m not a vanilla ice cream fan, so it was kind of bland.

19. Steve Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 2:37 pm

When making any kind of food you all need to be considerate of people with food allergeries….Really, then they should not make ice cream at all…more people are alergic to dairy..Come on Lillian that was a self centered comment if I ever heard one.

20. Meg Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 4:30 pm

My family thought they were both boring. The maple left us longing for walnuts because the macadamia nut flavor fell flat. The Magic Swirtle was NOT magical. Our container had no chocolate in it. It had teeny, tiny caramels that were few and far between. I’m wondering if these men actually eat and enjoy ice cream.

21. Carolyn Says:
    May 18th, 2013 at 7:07 pm

My vote & my husbands was for Trace’s maple Macadamia, but my grandson liked Penn’s. I enjoy the show, but the last few shows something is different regarding Trace. What a great ice cream idea, someone was thinking there, I never knew Wallgreen’s offered ice cream.

22. Tony W. Says:
    May 19th, 2013 at 6:05 pm

I’ve tried Trace’s team ice cream and it was real good. But there is one thing I noticed on the carton. It said that Walgreen had generously donated $40,000 to the American Red Cross. Does that mean Trace’s team won and the public was told who won before the televised finale, unless they donated to Penn’s team also.

23. Tina Lieberg Says:
    June 11th, 2013 at 3:56 pm

Where can you buy delish ice cream now that the apprentice is over. Want more maple macadamia mash up

Comments