Is Nicki Minaj Leaving American Idol After This Season?

May 16, 2013 08:05 AM by Lisa Princ

Nicki Minaj has caused quite the stir this season on American Idol - from her feud with Mariah Carey, to her outrageous wardrobe, to her annoying nicknames for the contestants. Despite admitting recently that she would love to return to the show, rumor has it that Minaj is actually leaving after this season!

We recently learned that the last original judge standing, Randy Jackson would be parting ways with American Idol after this season is over, and now, rumor has it that Nicki Minaj is following in his footsteps.

According to US Weekly, an insider close to Minaj claims: “It’s safe to say she isn’t coming back to Idol. She’s okay with it. She had a great time but was only going to do one season anyway.” However, Minaj has yet to publicly announce her departure, nor has the show commented on the rumor.

Ironically, some headlines last week claimed that all four of the judges were going to be fired after this season. With Jackson’s announcement, we can’t help but wonder if there is some truth to that? I mean, after 12 seasons, we would hope that Idol would give Jackson the respect to step down instead of being fired. As for Minaj, go ahead and fire her!

Meanwhile, neither Mariah Carey nor Keith Urban have signed on for another season, but Urban recently said he would definitely do it, if given the opportunity.

Should Nicki Minaj return next season to American Idol? Or should she be fired? We know you have an opinion and we want to hear it! Comment below to share your thoughts with us.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about American Idol. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: American Idol.

Photo Credit: WENN

Topics: American Idol, FOX Reality TV Shows |

8 Responses to “Is Nicki Minaj Leaving American Idol After This Season?”

1. tatyanna Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 8:36 am

She shouild not be fired.She the reason such of excitment in fan tuned for her commentss and sarcasm.

2. Carol Wood Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 10:15 am

I must say; I am elated at the idea Nikki will probably not return to the show. I was actually surprised that she was not fired before the live shows began considering her behavior during the audition phase of the show and the avalanche of negative commentary on her from fans. The woman is barely one step above common trailer trash with her fake accents and ghetto talk peppered with highly sexualized commentary. Her extremely inappropriate comments to the contestants were very indicative of her complete lack of social skills. I found it shocking that since they didn’t see fit to fire Nikki, the producers didn’t at least slap a metaphoric muzzle on her. Seriously people; FAMILIES watch this show. When you have this bimbo on a family show, telling one male contestant that she wants to have his babies and another female contestant that she has nice boobs, it’s time send her packing. So that is what I think. If Nikki returns next year, I will not be watching.

3. Mel Scarborough Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 11:13 am

If Nicki is allowed to come back, I won’t be watching. I can’t stand another season of watching her play with her fake hair, dress so provocatively on what is really a family show, change accents all the time, roll her eyes at everything and stareat the camera everytime it is pointed at the judges. I almost forgot how she barely claps for anyone. And, yes, the stupid nicknames. I just couldn’t stomach another season of her. I almost had to quit this year. I would have had Candace not been so worth putting up with it all just to hear her sing.

4. Lisa Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 1:34 pm

At first I did not like Nicki but then I grew to like her, actually a lot better than Mariah Carey. Nicki knows her stuff, her comments were right on, she is eccentric, but that is what is fun about her, I mean look at Elton John, he is top dog and amazingly talented and intelligent but weird and so is Nicki, talented, intelligent and weird.

5. George Says:
    May 16th, 2013 at 4:37 pm

I don’t watch a lot of American Idol. I’d rather be watching my basketball. I also didn’t know much about Nicki before American Idol. However, watching her on idol, I do find her very attractive and intelligent. Given a choice, I’d rather be with Nicki than ‘velvet voice’ Mariah. I know that may have something to do with Nicki’s so called ‘provocative’ wardrobe. That said, I don’t think Nicki should be back on idol. She did a good job, but she also brought too much controversy and diverted some attention away from the contestants. Idol needs to bring some ‘weird’ judges once in a while. They just have to make sure everyone gets along!

6. Tanesha Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 5:06 am

I personally do not get Nicki Minaj, however, I must say…she brings a bit of an excitement to the show…a very interesting piece of work she is…and with Randy Jackson leaving…some stability on the judges panel is necessary. I think keeping her and Keith on would be a smart move! Oh by the way……#TEAMCANDICE!!!!!

7. Minnie Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 6:31 am

I liked Nikki. She brought flavor to the show.

8. Kirstylee Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 6:26 pm

No Nicki should not b fired coz she was totally amazing this season she was one of the reason’s i watched it i though she was the best, the things she said were great, i loved her season so please keep her next season xx :)

Comments