Chaz Bono Drops 65 Pounds In Six Months

May 17, 2013 09:59 AM by Lisa Princ

Chaz Bono definitely struggled on Dancing With The Stars due to his weight, but since his gig on the show, he has proven that he is determined to get healthy. In fact, Bono revealed recently that he is working hard on his weight loss and is now down a total of 65 lbs. since November. Check out what Chaz had to say about his new, healthy lifestyle!

Whether you love him or hate him, one thing is certain – when Chaz Bono puts his mind to something, he does not give up. Bono has been on a weight loss journey since November, and he is already down 65 lbs., he told People Magazine this week. So, how does he feel after losing so much weight? “I just have a lot more confidence and that feels really cool. I really like what I see in the mirror,” Bono gushed.

While Chaz admitted a few months ago that he was having a tough time with his new diet, which consists of mostly proteins, fruits, and vegetables, now says that is no longer an issue for him. The only trouble Bono is having these days is that the more he loses, the harder it is to keep losing it quickly – a problem that many of us face when losing weight.

For all the fans who couldn’t get enough of Chaz Bono on Dancing With The Stars, the former contestant who struggled so much last time, could be competing in the future (if asked back). “I’d love to do Dancing all over again. I’d do it much better now than I did it then,” he told People.

A big congratulations to Chaz Bono on dropping 65 lbs.

What do you think about Chaz Bono’s weight loss? We know you have an opinion and we want to hear it! Comment below to share your thoughts with us.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about Dancing With The Stars. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Dancing With the Stars.

Photo Credit: WENN

Topics: ABC Reality TV Shows, Chaz Bono, Dancing With the Stars |

46 Responses to “Chaz Bono Drops 65 Pounds In Six Months”

1. dana Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 11:52 am

so she has lost 65 pounds. she still looks like she has mental problems.

2. Leonard Los Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 1:33 pm

Chaz Bono can go FUCK his/her self!!!

3. Kevin Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 2:52 pm

WOW ! I sure hope that dana and lenoard never have kids or pets for that matter what the hell did CHAZ ever do to you? Perhaps you are just both a couple of fat sob’s that won’t stick to an eating plan or that you do not understand the complexities of the human body..
    I say good for you Chaz! Keep it up and don’t even give haters like this another thought.

4. Hon. Paul William Wolfe Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 3:05 pm

The man has been trying hard, first as a female changing to a male. Now he’s trying hard, to lose some weight to feel good about himself.Now it seems not everyone, is in support of his wanting to feel better about himself.

It’s his choice, and many of us support him for trying to improve himself as well his health to feel better. Leave the guy alone already, and worry about your own problems.

5. Kara Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 3:13 pm

Way-to-go Chaz! Keep up the good work :)

For those of you leaving negative comments, right back at you!

6. Tim Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 4:40 pm

Whatever “that” is? Is disgusting.

7. Lauren Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 5:01 pm

I think SHE/he/it is a freak!

8. Deeders Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 5:13 pm

Kudos for the weight loss! While I I do not agree with the other choices Chaz makes i think it is cruel of others to make such mean comments. maybe you should exakmine your own lives’ a littrle clser before bashing others.

9. Deeders Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 5:14 pm

oops, typo, that would be examine!

10. ron torrisi Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 5:17 pm

i wish i could get popular like that ive lost 103 lbs and nobody. ask me to be on a show or ask me how i lost it. anyway he/she had a sex change u cant mess with what GOD gave u , its messed up what he did.

11. Kate Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 5:24 pm

Congratulations Chaz! Losing weight is no easy feat!

12. Big Al Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 5:42 pm

This thing is the result of to much money.thank Sonny is not alive this is Chastidy?

13. Brenda Green Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 5:43 pm

This is awesome and so inspirational to the rest of us who need to loose weight. Thank you for sharing your story I know alot of people can be mean and say hurtful things. You just keep being strong. You have a wonderful Mother to lean on.

14. JeffInMpls Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 5:46 pm

I’m very glad that an over-weight person, celebrity or not, is working so hard to get healthy! Chaz is an inspiration to those of us who also struggle with weight.

I wonder what his goal is?

@ Dana: Your hatred shows us that it is indeed you that has mental problems … go get help!

@ Leonard: Children might read these posts moron … keep it decent.

15. ch Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 6:05 pm

Congrats to Chaz! Great job and keep it up.

To the haters – Dana and Leonard; really cruel and inappropriate comments. Chaz is a ‘he’. Try showing some respect. You two are indicative of the social problems in this country.

16. Rudolph Valentino Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 6:17 pm

No matter what she does she still has the XX chromosome and hence an identity crisis. Weight is the least of her problems.

17. Brenda Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 6:24 pm

I wasn’t going to write a comment, but seeing the other responses compelled me to respond. First, congratulations on your weight loss Chaz. I know how difficult it can be.

Second, those who have so much anger to spew at others should probably see some type of therapist.

Chaz, I believe that whatever you do or don’t do is between you & God and everyone else needs to worry about their own lives. I hope you get a lot of positive responses. Good Luck and God bless.

18. Shari Jasin Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 6:39 pm

GOD BLESS YOU! It’s SOOO hard to lose weight.
    God know how hard you have worked. amazing…be so proud….

19. Regina Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 6:42 pm

Great job, I too am struggling with weight. Haven’t been able to stick with it. But you look great. Keep going until you reach your goal. Looking Good.

20. AgentStarling Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 6:43 pm

I think it’s GREAT that Chaz is doing so well with the weight loss! I believe every human being has the right to their own happiness and if that means making changes with their bodies, then so be it! It is not for anyone to judge. CONGRATS to Chaz!

21. terry Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 7:25 pm

How can you say that ch,GREAT JOB,RESPECT,who are you fooling,problem with society is idiots like you that promotes such stupid social people,you obviously are as dumb as a box of rocks.

22. ALR Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 7:43 pm

No need to be hateful. This person has been through hell being who he suppose to be. Geez. Looking good, Chaz. Best of luck to you and the family.

23. Dylan Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 7:44 pm

slow news day?????????????????????

24. MIMI Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 7:57 pm

I think Chaz looks great! Good for you!

25. Carolyn Smith Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 7:57 pm

I don’t agree with the lifestyle and I definitely don’t understand it. But it is not my place to judge the person. With all the homosexual people that have made it public, why is it that Chaz seems to be singled out to take all the heat? He has as much right to choose his lifestyle as anyone else. Leave the poor person alone. What he does is between him and God, not him and you. Its not of your business.

26. Ron Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 8:01 pm

Why can’t people let other people live in peace??

I see alot of think that are not for me, but I don’t

go off like an mental case. Dana – You are the one

who is mental…not Chaz

27. R A Nelson Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 8:23 pm

I’m a hypnotherapist, and Chaz is doing awesome on his own determination and willpower. Those two ingredients are vital ones that I guide all my weight loss clients towards achieving and living their lives by. Way to go Champ!!

28. Chop Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 8:40 pm

Now he’s handsome….Yeah right. Here come the diet books and commercials.

29. Lili Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 8:54 pm

Dude looks like a lady~~

30. felicia Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 9:06 pm

I feel like all of you that are leaving negative comments are insecure about yourselves, you should really look in the mirror and ask yourself what have you as an individual contributed to society as a heterosexual male or female that is so great that I can stand and judge someone else?

31. Pam McCarty Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 9:31 pm

Oh PLEASE. We who remember her as a cute little girl will ALWAYS think of her as a cute little girl! That girl’s face is still the same! And it’s disgusting seeing pictures of the little girl with her shirt off and big and fat and trying to be a guy! Is there no shame any more?

32. Pam McCarty Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 9:33 pm

To “ch”…..Like Rudolph says, she will always have the XX chromosomes, and will always be a female!!! I hope she wises up and goes back to the pretty little girl before any surgery happens!!

33. Pam McCarty Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 9:39 pm

People should grow a spine and call a spade a spade. It’s traumatizing to many of us to see little Chastity trying to be a male. I wonder what Sonny would do. And Cher is pathetic for not standing up and saying that she wants her daughter back!!! It’s nice to see people here showing their dismay at such a pitiful spectacle, when most people don’t have the guts.

34. Rich Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 9:40 pm

“IT” is still disgusting

35. Doug Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 9:45 pm

No matter the diet. It has caulk cravings.

36. JJ Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 9:50 pm

Losing weight is no easy feat for anyone, so congratulations to Chaz. As for the less than kind comments – there is enough hate in the world. Whatever choices everyone makes in their life is their own business and nobody elses. Remember what goes around comes around.

37. roo Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 10:22 pm

why do we have to be polluted with this crap? she has done nothing different that anyones else has done

38. tony Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 10:32 pm

so many close minded people, it’s sad. way to go Chaz!

39. Adriana Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 10:44 pm

Good for her!

40. X Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 11:05 pm

Yeah,Chastity! I still remember you holding hands with your Mom & Dad on tv in the 70′s. Whatever happened to that little girl you use to be?

41. X Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 11:07 pm

Yeah,Chastity! You will always be that little girl I saw holding hands with your Mom & Dad on the Sony & Cher Show in the 70′s.

42. KJ Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 11:24 pm

How’d she get that facial hair? I know it was something unhealthy/

43. Bubba Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 11:39 pm

Someone please flush again…This Bono turd simply does not want to go down…

44. Dawn Riggs Says:
    May 17th, 2013 at 11:52 pm

I am very proud of him,And dont know why people are saying such harsh statements because of his sex,On inside he has feeling and a human being.What if people treat your child like that?
    It not up to us to Judge.We are not God

45. nanabear Says:
    May 18th, 2013 at 5:46 am

I lost over 105 lbs 8 years ago. Nobody made a big deal about it except me. I feel wonderful and look a lot better. Have kept it off. Does that make me a candidate for dancing with the start…..I dont think so. “NOTHING” about this person is special just because they lost 65 lbs or anything else that happens in their life.

46. job Says:
    May 20th, 2013 at 8:32 am

she looked sexy as a woman wish she could dance with the stares as chastity

Comments