Celebrity Apprentice Finale Recap: The All-Star Winner Revealed

May 19, 2013 08:36 PM by Lisa Princ

It all comes down to this, folks! Tonight on Celebrity Apprentice, Trace Adkins and Penn Jillette were back to finish off their Delish ice cream task, each hoping to walk away the winner. But with the competition so very close, which one would Donald Trump give the win to?

Last week on Celebrity Apprentice, we were left hanging with Penn Jillette, who was struggling to get his commercial cut down. Don’t worry, he did manage to cut it down, and cut out the inappropriate crotch scenes. On the flip side of things tonight, Trace Adkins was struggling with trying to get enough celebrities to come out to the event!

As the Delish ice cream social began, it definitely looked as though Penn had it in the bag. He drew in countless Vegas celebrities, including the one and only Wayne Newton, who also handed Penn a check for $200K. Meanwhile, Trace Adkins saw the likes of Thompson Square, Wynonna Judd, and a few other country stars. But the biggest one for Trace was the much buzzed about Tim Tebow, formerly of the New York Jets.

As Trace waited anxiously for Tebow, who promised a big check, Donald Trump and his cronies arrived to check things out. It seemed as though the majority of the people he spoke to favored Trace Adkin’s ice cream, and I have to tell you, I personally tried both of these flavors just before the finale kicked off tonight.

For me, Trace Adkins’ ice cream won hands down, which I thought was ironic because before tasting them, I was certain I was going to like Penn’s better. The maple flavor of Trace’s was perfect – not too sweet, while Penn’s just seemed more bland, yet was loaded with overly salted pieces of chocolate. To each their own, right?

Finally, Tim Tebow showed up for Trace, but was it too late? We’d have to wait for the boardroom to find out. Then it was on to the fun! Penn’s commercial was awesome, and he even showed everyone the behind the scenes takes with Dennis Rodman, which were hysterical. Trace’s commercial was just as good (and hysterical) featuring Gary Busey, who seems to be from a completely different planet than the rest of us, ha!

Both guys did a great job, it was definitely a tough decision for Trump tonight. In the end, Penn raised over $503K, while Trace brought in $565K – without Tim Tebow’s donation, which was deemed late. In the boardroom, Donald Trump also donated $20K to each of the team members who didn’t win anything. And then when it went live to the contestants, Donald announced that he was donating an additional $100K to Lil Jon for the American Diabetes Association.

Oh, in case anyone was wondering (or cares), Donald opened a can of worms when he asked Omarosa if she and LaToya were finally friends. Needless to say, it ended up in a battle of she said-she said, ugh. These ladies clearly hate each other, and the feud is definitely going strong.

Back to business now. Walgreen’s also upped the ante, and decided to give the contestant who sold more of their ice cream in the past week, an additional $100K for their charity. That chunk went to Penn as more people purchased his ice cream this last week. But did he do enough to take the win?

After all of their hard work and dedication all season long, Donald Trump awarded the win to….

Trace Adkins!

What do you think of Trace Adkins winning Celebrity Apprentice? Did Trump chose the right contestant? We know you have an opinion, and we want to hear from you! Comment below to share your thoughts with us.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about Celebrity Apprentice. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Apprentice Links.

Photo Credit: NBC

Topics: Celebrity Apprentice, NBC Reality TV Shows |

51 Responses to “Celebrity Apprentice Finale Recap: The All-Star Winner Revealed”

1. Victoria Nicholson Says:
    May 19th, 2013 at 9:21 pm

Trace Adkins could not have been a worse choice. The Donald and Evanka (sp?) have lost all my respect for their taste in people. They did not show well-honed discretionary abilities as Mr. Adkins fooled them. He is boorish, ill-mannered, rude, and I can sing better. Penn was professional, kind, gentlemanly, and talented…all the things Mr. Adkins does not possess. Shame on you, Mr. Trump, you have lost me as a fan and YOUR FIRED! You deserve to be for such bad decision-making.

2. nancy Says:
    May 19th, 2013 at 9:43 pm

without question Trace was the clear winner,based on the final task, Penn was outstanding also, this was the best finals I have ever seen, WTG Trump, just wondering where was Brett Micheals though? Nancy mayer

3. Uncle Connie Says:
    May 19th, 2013 at 10:18 pm

Trace,

Good old country boy and a man of his word. True American and speaks his mind. Penn, did an outstanding job and should be proud of what he accomplished. Trace deserved the win. It was the best final I have watched! Kudos to trump and his daughter he choose Trace!!

4. Tammy Says:
    May 19th, 2013 at 10:59 pm

BOTH MEN DID A GREAT JOB IN MY OPINION. THE IDIOT VICTORIA WHO SAYS YOUR FIRED MR TRUMP OBVIOUSLY HAS ZERO BUSINESS SENSE. ITS A SHOW FOR CHARITY SO SHAME ON YOU FOR PUTTING DOWN ONE OF THE ONLY CELEBRITIES WHO HAVE REALLY BEEN THERE FOR THIS SHOW AND HIS CHARITY. PENN J IS A GOOD MAN BUT SO OBVIOUS THAT HE SHOULD NOT HAVE WON AND AS FAR AS TRUMP MAKING A BAD DECISION THE MAN IS A BILLIONAIRE AND HE GOT THAT WAY FROM MAKING GREAT DECISIONS SO GO BACK TO SCHOOL VIC YOUR THE BOORISH ILL MANNERED IDIOT BASED ON YOUR OPINION IN MY OPINION I LOVE TRACE ADKINS CONGRATES YOU ARE THE BEST CHOICE.

5. Susan Vogt Says:
    May 19th, 2013 at 11:21 pm

Very happy to hear that Trace won. While Penn represented a wonderful charity, Trace was the clear winner.

6. Charlotte Haskins Says:
    May 20th, 2013 at 12:18 am

Trace should have won the first time!! And, Ms.Nicholson, you couldn’t be farther from the truth. Do some homework! The man is an awesome father, husband, humanitarian and yes entertainer. You clearly have never listened to one of his albums or seen him in concert.

7. azita Says:
    May 20th, 2013 at 12:33 am

Some how I do agree with Victoria, Penn showed over and over he is a winner, and very nice guy. Wrong choice Trump. I am very disappointed. I think, you are still angry about what Penn said about your program few years ago. I like your show but tonight, you are fired! Donald!

8. Nancy Jones Says:
    May 20th, 2013 at 1:09 am

Have to agree with Victoria. Trace was obstinate at times and seemed bored with the whole thing and acted like he wanted to go home and go to bed—and I was wishing he would! Penn was cooperative and polite. I would have voted for Penn…and his ice team.

9. Candi Says:
    May 20th, 2013 at 2:54 am

Trace was clearly the right choice. I knew it would be close between the two. The people at the ice cream social thought Trace’s tasted better and his presentation was great. He knew the right time to use Gary Bussey and it was perfect.

To Victoria: Trace is the most genuine person that I have come across. He is kind, loving, giving and helpful. He is the same type of man as Penn who said just that on the show. Trace is a laid-back kind of guy as Penn is move vocal.

The people who worked on the with him have become his friends. If he were the things you said about him, I don’t see anyone who would want to have anything with him after the show.

As for talent, Trace is a country superstar. I love his music. He’s getting paid for what he likes to do. There are a lot of people who make their living singing that I know I sound better than and Trace is way better than I am. If you don’t like his music that’s ok.

I lost a huge amount of respect when he picked his friend Joan Rivers over the clear winner of Season 2 Annie Duke. At that time, the rule was that whoever won the most money would be the winner. Annie raised twice the amount that Joan did. He chose to ignore the rules to accommodate his friend. This was not right.

10. Hoosier-Lady Says:
    May 20th, 2013 at 3:10 am

The Red Cross is nationally known .. they get funds from everywhere. I think it was self centered that Trace’s charity was the R C due to the fact that his house burnt down … like he needed their help? He has enough of his own money to take care of himself. Unlike Penns charity which is a local charity and is a NON profit organization. Donald Trump is so unfair … he changes the rules of the game all the time. He is self absorbed and I’m very disappointed in the choice he made. I just hope that Opportunity Village gets the recognition they so deserve now that Penn got the word out and made people familiar with this great charity.

11. Esther JOY Says:
    May 20th, 2013 at 3:35 am

So disppointed that Penn Jillette did not win — He clearly did a better job on all tasks during this season than Trace, AND was in a better mood! He CHOSE to be polite, engaged in hard work and he exhibited a positive addition with each team he was a part of, unlike the moody Trace. Why do we need to reward bad behavior? VERY disappointed, Mr. Trump! :+(

12. DeDe Says:
    May 20th, 2013 at 3:38 am

Mr Trump you idiot! Penn was clearly the winner ! He was always contributed the best ideas, he was always better at engaging his team members with the respect they all deserved! Trace was an asshole! He was so disrespectful to his team. When he took charge he didn’t engage in brainstorming it was his way and that was it! What an ass!
    Mr Trump and Evanka you most definetly got it wrong! Makes me wonder about you professional abilities!

13. Lisa Lohsl Says:
    May 20th, 2013 at 3:40 am

It was one of the best I have ever seen. Both did great in fact the last 4 were great! I feel the right person won Trace did a little bit better than Penn. Would like to have seen little Jon and Lisa battle it out. I did feel it was very nice of Donald to give Little Jon money after the loss of his mother.

14. Diane Says:
    May 20th, 2013 at 3:42 am

Penn should have won. Ice cream was BETTER. Commercial was SO much better and seemed more professional. Trace’s commercial was another failed attempt to use Gary Busey in an attempt at humor. It was NOT funny, NOT entertaining and did not show the product.

I will NOT watch the next season because I think THE DONALD picks THE WINNER based on personal reasons and not who should win. That’s been obvious by the choices made throughout this year and the past seasons. I feel Trump humiliated Penn by bringing up some past comments Penn had made then made him apologize for it before Trace was announced the winner. Hopefully this will be the last season…PLEASE DONALD STOP!

15. YOUR LAME Says:
    May 20th, 2013 at 4:19 am

To Victoria you have terrible taste and for you to even say you could sing better then him is laughable. They got it right all the way Trace was the best.

16. calliekoo Says:
    May 20th, 2013 at 5:01 am

I knew Trace won when Penn was given the hundred thou from Walgreens saying he sold the most ice cream. I think most people bought both of the contestants ice cream. I think Penn knew it too and giving Lil john a hundred thou was a slap in the face to Penn and Lisa. I feel Trace dropped the ball on a few ocasions..we viewers should be able to vote for who we think should win during the live show..

17. Carol G. Says:
    May 20th, 2013 at 5:06 am

Little Jon – Sorry for the loss of your mother.

18. Donna Says:
    May 20th, 2013 at 5:27 am

I’ve watched this show ever since it started, but I will never watch it again. Sham on you Mr. Trump. You make this personal, otherwise why would you have even mentioned anything about the letter. Penn was a clear winner in my opinion. I agree with many of you, Trace acted like he didn’t even want to be in show after a few weeks… don’t get me wrong I love Trace. I’ve always thought your were an amazing RICH person…guess I make the wrong decision respecting you. I thing it’s time the American people stand up for what they believe in and picked your show!!!

19. Mark Says:
    May 20th, 2013 at 5:51 am

I wish Penn wwould have won. That said, I enjoyed the season. Baldwin was busy texting during the show, what a clown.

20. Charis Says:
    May 20th, 2013 at 6:17 am

On the first night of the Apprentice I realized that Trace Atkins would win. He was a strong player the first time and I felt Trump was going to give Trace a chance to win it, but I am like several others on this board, Trace checked out on several tasks and hardly helped. He looked board and did not look a team player. I have never been to either Adkins or Penn’s shows, so I have fresh prespective of each man. Penn is a class act and Trace is the type of man I would run away from when I was dating because he to me he comes across as arrogant. Penn is a winner hands down! I feel he made a positive image of himself and it will help him to stay on top of the entertainment world. Penn is a class act.

21. Diane Says:
    May 20th, 2013 at 6:28 am

Something else I didn’t understand…what happened to the executives from Walgreen? Wasn’t this a task with 3 components? One was developing a new flavor of ice cream. Second, a commercial for the ice cream and third was the social event and fundraising.

I thought Penn won the ice cream challenge. The only complaint was the ice cream packaging! I bought both…the packaging was THE SAME! Only difference was one had a picture of Penn and the other had a picture of Trace! Everyone I had taste it clearly liked Penn’s better.

As far as the commercial…not much said about them! I don’t remember them EVER glossing over such a BIG part of the task!

I do agree with Donald on one thing. He said this was season 13…LUCKY 13…maybe it will be LUCKY and it will be the LAST SEASON!

22. Teresa D Says:
    May 20th, 2013 at 6:48 am

I am so happy for Trace.I’m so sorry I have to disagree with Victoria. I have had the privledge to me Trace & he is a awesome man & very kind (& very tall LOL) He has put out some great music & continues to do so. He is very much a family man!!
    Love ya Trace see you on the cruise!!!

23. Prachu Says:
    May 20th, 2013 at 7:15 am

I thought Penn’s presentation and commercial was way better than Trace’s. Am I the only one who found Gary Bussey pathetic, not funny? (and at times pretty scary!)

Penn totally deserved to win.

24. Marilyn Says:
    May 20th, 2013 at 7:31 am

Heard Tebow was late because he was in Benton Harbor MI speaking at the Southwestern Micigan Economic Club. I, along with my grandson and son in law attended the event.

Trump should try to get Tebow on the show. He does wonderful charity work.

25. Marilyn Says:
    May 20th, 2013 at 7:33 am

Tebow does wonderful charity work.

26. Ray Says:
    May 20th, 2013 at 7:41 am

Lets keep this in context. This is a subjective entertainment show that, despite who we believe is the popular winner, is often “trumped” by Donald. It is not an objective decision based on established criteria with clear rules.

If you consider the whole body of work over the season, Trace and Penn were very close, and it could go either way.

If you look at the last challenge, they were tasked to develop a unique flavor of ice cream, create a promotional video, design brand packaging, and selling 50 tickets to a VIP event. Criteria included;

1. Best Ice Cream flavor
    2. Income from selling 50 Ice Cream Social tickets
    3. Brand messaging
    4. Overall Presentation

So, how did it go?

1. Best Ice Cream Flavor: PENN (based on sales of 400K in pints, plus Walgreen comments that Trace’s maple was “too specific.”

2. Income: TRACE (540K vs. 503K)

3. Brand Messaging: PENN (based on positive comments about focus on brand messaging, and kudos for the promotional video).

4. Overall Presentation: PENN. (Magic act and quality of promotional video which highlighted the product. Trace’s video was not even mentioned. It was also strange that we didn’t hear from the Walgreen’s executives in the final judging).

So, if you do the math, and assume the criteria are fairly equal, it was PENN winning 3 out of 4.

But, Donald picks who he wants just because he can, picking and chosing what is most important based on the outcome he wants to achieve.

Won’t watch the show again.

27. Cecil Says:
    May 20th, 2013 at 8:27 am

I always knew Trace would win, right from the beginning. He may have his faults, but he is a man’s man, all-american country boy who speaks forthrightly, and Donald respected that right from the get go.

28. Neal R. Says:
    May 20th, 2013 at 9:18 am

As soon as Trump asked Penn about the supposedly scathing letter he wrote I knew Trump wasn’t going to let Penn win.

29. Susan Says:
    May 20th, 2013 at 10:59 am

Couldn’t care less. I don’t usually even watch it. I only flipped to it last night briefly while flipping channels. What really matters here is that lots of worthwhile charities have benefitted from this show.
    So many celebrities are just way too out of touch with the average person, and don’t need their egos stroked any more than they already are. There are exceptions though.

30. Reg Says:
    May 20th, 2013 at 11:27 am

Trump chose Trace because he was pissed with Penn for the comments made by him in a letter. Trump just wanted to let Penn know he doesn’t forget nor forgive. that’s the only reason why he chose Penn for the finale against Trace. Trump was always going to give the title to Trace, right from the get-go.

31. denyjm Says:
    May 20th, 2013 at 11:41 am

Penn should have won as mentioned above, Trace “excused” himself from a number of tasks (south africa and the resort hotel(and sabotaged mary lou in the process)). Penn was always there, kindly and helpful. You learned what kind of man Penn is when he visited his charity and the girl ran up to him with so much love in her voice as she shouted out with glee, “Hello,Penn!”
    It was enough to make a grown man cry and so was DT’s decision!

32. Tim D Says:
    May 20th, 2013 at 11:48 am

Donald goofed again. Penn was the winner very week.He helped everyone else when they were the Project Manager.Trace sat in the background. I will never watch this show again.

33. who knows Says:
    May 20th, 2013 at 1:48 pm

That was dirty, Penn blew everyone out of the water and his charity deserved the money more than the red-cross. Not only was Penn undefeated he also used all his resources to win for other project managers. Every time his team won it was thanks to him. His team was out numbered every week yet he still won every week against traces team, who always had 1 or 2 extra players. Even out numbered by the better team he still won. Not to mention Penn also won the last challenge. I Like Trace, but Penn kicked a$$ and won hands down.

34. Maryann Says:
    May 20th, 2013 at 1:56 pm

I felt both did a great job, and both were winners for their respective charities. But I was a fan of Trace all during the show, and I felt he had the better ice cream, and I loved the mash up idea- very current. I liked his commercial better and he made the most money. A done deal in my opinion.

35. mrs. r Says:
    May 20th, 2013 at 5:24 pm

I watched the entire show. Penn should be the winner. He was on top on everything, wheter he is the project manager or not. Mr. Trumph proved that he is all money. He didn’t watch the entire show and he based his decision on what they made. life is not all about money.PENN is not as popular as the cowboy that is why he didn’t win. Next time, the boss should use his heart not look at his pocket.

36. mrs. r Says:
    May 20th, 2013 at 5:26 pm

oh yes, I wont watch this show again. I will watch Penn`s show instead.

37. Loretta Says:
    May 20th, 2013 at 5:49 pm

You know, sometimes things happen for a reason…don’t know why. We missed the finale due to the tornados in Oklahoma last night, all broadcasts covered the weather. The RedCross will be able to put the funds won last night by Trace Adkins to help the devasted community in Moore, OK and other areas hit by this terrible monster of a tornado. Thank you to all the Celebrities, Trump Family and Business that worked hard to earn monies and donated for their charities…it is all well appreciated. I think everyone was a winner. I look forward to seeing the show. I like that big business is helping people who are in need. Gotta remember in the end the winner is the charities.

38. Tom Says:
    May 20th, 2013 at 6:42 pm

Trump is an asshole.. Money or no money,, hes so full of himself , and he kisses ass of so many unworthy players.. He says Rodmann is Great and he supports his trip to Korea. He is so full of shit..

39. Amy Says:
    May 20th, 2013 at 7:12 pm

I truly felt that Penn should have won. Didn’t really care for him his first season, but he was so much better this time around. He’s a genius, had amazing ideas and contributions on every task, not just the ones where he was PM, and he had a great attitude. Trace got so surly towards the latter half of the season that I was hoping for a Penn/Little Jon finale.
    I did appreciate the mutual admiration that Penn and Trace had for each other. Made for a “feel good” finale. (save for the Omarosa stuff)
    But that all came crashing down when the Donald stuck it to Penn at the end, bringing up the letter just before announcing that Trace won. Gee, Trump, you could have mentioned the letter at the beginning of the season and saved Penn the effort. Not cool, Trump. Not cool.

40. Melanie Says:
    May 20th, 2013 at 9:47 pm

Penn was the obvious winner. He was so kind and considerate. Does Anyone remember how trace adkins almost hit marylou???? come on!! trace even made a negative comment about donald’s wife (how she does not speak English)!! UUgggghhh!!!
    I am so sorry Penn. You are the obvious winner. I hope people start helping your charity
    hugs

41. Victoria C Says:
    May 20th, 2013 at 9:48 pm

Peen was robbed. Trace was working at half pace all season (unlike the first time he played).

42. pat Says:
    May 20th, 2013 at 9:55 pm

I knew when Trump mentioned the letter he was not going to let Penn Win. Donad wanted to let Penn know u wrote me a nasty letter and now I am getting even. Penn was the winner. I agree he was there to help all. Revenge was the reason he did not win. Hey Pennn I luved you go get um I would loved to see one of your shows.

43. Marion Says:
    May 21st, 2013 at 5:09 am

The Donald is going to do whatever he wants because he can, & nothing is ever going to change that, so fairness has nothing to do with his decisions..his decisions are about ratings for his show..Trump this, Trump that, everywhere a Trump. It’s entertainment, & it’s all about him. I don’t take it seriously; I watch it to be entertained & get some laughs if possible (I need as many laughs as I can get.) My opinions are my own; he’s rich, I’m poor, that’s life, move on.

44. libtards suck Says:
    May 21st, 2013 at 10:39 am

Victoria Nicholson said ‘He is boorish, ill-mannered, rude, and I can sing better.” Vicky you are a pig. both did an outstanding job. but for you to post that crapola shows what an idiot you are. YOU are fired. but you don’t work and are a welfare momma so…

45. Ann Says:
    May 21st, 2013 at 4:18 pm

I was very disappointed with the treatment Lisa R. received and seen the writing on the wall when Trace made his comment to Trump to fire Lisa if he wanted better ratings for his show! Right there Trump was so far up Trace that it did not matter what anyone else did or raised! Trump screwed up big time, and definitely did this as a slap in the face to Lisa and Ren speaking out against him. I applaud Ren for recognizing and supporting people with disabilities not only with his donations, but especially with his time! I also support the Red Cross, but as far as Trace’s reasoning, I found it appalling that it took a personal loss for him to recognize the meaning and goodness behind this and many organizations that he should have been well aware of in the first place.

46. Nancy Says:
    May 21st, 2013 at 7:40 pm

Too bad soooo sad!

47. Devo Says:
    May 21st, 2013 at 9:51 pm

I really think Penn should have won Celebrity Apprentice. He is so creative and has been so on every task the entire season. When he was planning his finale task, he and his team actually were organized and had a theme using magic and Vegas to tie everything together. Trace’s finale seemed very disorganized and disjointed. Penn’s ice cream was better, the video was amazing, and his event was fun! Penn was a very consistent team player the entire season, while Trace became very annoying and was more of a hindrance than a help with his sulking attitude. I was surprised that Trace even made it to the finale after his negative behavior. I am very disappointed with Trump right now.

48. JK Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 12:49 am

Penn should have won!!! Trump, you’re FIRED!!!! Trump made a personal, UNPROFESSIONAL decision!! Never watching this terrible show again!!!

49. Mark Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 6:45 am

They are both winner and Trump give a lot of money to 3 of them on the last show

50. John Gib Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 3:26 am

Penn was the clear winner but one liberal atheist doesn’t stand much of a chance against two ultra right wingers. Looking back over the season and how little Trace did I wouldn’t doubt if the fix was in from the very beginning…Trump was upset about the letter and just brought Penn back to get even. As far as the charities go I am 75 and spent a lot of time in the service and have been involved in a couple disasters and if you want some Red Cross stories I have a lot of them…will just say the rich help the rich…
    Really glad I found this site…going to explore it some more.

51. Gary Says:
    May 25th, 2013 at 6:44 pm

According to Donald as I understood him, the winner would be who the Delish people liked better, which was Penn. Although I am a huge Donald supporter, I felt Donald let me down. He let his personal feelings get in the way of his decision. I do think he was resentful of Pens remarks last season and took it out on him in the end. What is worse is that, Pen’s charity is much smaller and needed the money more than the Red Cross needs it. The CEO of the Red Cross makes way to much money as a charity leader. period

Comments