Bon Jovi Slams Bieber For Disrespecting Fans

May 23, 2013 10:05 AM by Stephanie Gustafson

Justin Bieber has done his fair share of annoying fans in the past few months, what his late arrival at concerts combined with a whole host of other controversial antics. Fellow singer Jon Bon Jovi says it’s time for the X Factor mentor to grow up and treat his fans right…or risk becoming irrelevant as a musician.

Jon Bon Jovi is not pleased with Justin Bieber, as he made clear during a recent interview. According to Bon Jovi, the Biebs is definitely not the first teen idol to arrive late at concerts, nor will be be the last. The rocker explained that every generation of musicians includes at least one or two stars that make a habit of showing up well after their audiences.

But while it’s a persistent problem in the music industry, Bon Jovi insists that it doesn’t need to be…and that musicians pursuing this type of approach to their careers really don’t deserve the support they receive from their dedicated fans. “They run the risk of disrespecting their audience members who have worked hard to pay for their ticket, to give you the permission to take two or three hours of their lives — or in that kid’s case, 80 minutes of their lives.”

And in case Justin Bieber didn’t get the message loud and clear from the first part of Jon Bon Jovi’s interview, the singer decided to make it a bit more explicit. He explained that the Biebs would have been able to get away with being late once or twice, but that, at this point, he’s really crossed the line. And then, Bon Jovi ended the rant with the following little gem: “You’re an a**hole. Go to f***in’ work!”

Do you agree with Bon Jovi’s slam on Justin Bieber? Feel free to voice your opinion in the comments section below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about American Idol. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: American Idol.

Photo Credit: E!

Topics: American Idol, FOX Reality TV Shows, MTV Reality TV Shows, Punk'd, The X Factor |

70 Responses to “Bon Jovi Slams Bieber For Disrespecting Fans”

1. Amanda Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 10:18 am

Totally agree with Bon Jovi. I Love the way he just spoke his mind. Loved it!!!

2. Laura Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 10:26 am

The dweebs music is irrelevant anyways !! I agree totally – - he is an arrogant little sob ! He cares about no one except himself – It’s sickening how he promoted himself to be a humanitarian – showing up to all the right events to sugar coat himself —— all the sugar in the world won’t cover up the stench from the pile of crap that he is !!!!!!

3. Nick Palun Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 10:29 am

I CONCUR 1000% – WHO KNOWS BETTER. nOT A SNOT NOSED WIMP. HOW BADLY WAS HE RAISED? FANS MAKE YOU, FANS CAN BREAK YOU. (BUBBLE-GUM PRE-HORMONAL CHICKS ARE NON-SEQUITERS.)

4. Patti Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 10:32 am

I agree with Bon Jovi. I think Justin Bieber is basically using his fans. I feel he thinks that he’s that good of an entertainer that his fans will be there no matter what. He might have to learn the hard way that if he just ignores this problem, people might not want to see him perform anymore. If they do, and they know he’s always late, they might voice their opinions to lower the ticket prices. He’s just a kid anyway-a phase these mostly tweens will tire of. It takes extreme talent to stay in this career for a length of time.

5. jo Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 10:33 am

Gotta love the Jovi…. Tellin’ it like it is.

Who luvs ya, Jon?

6. mohuz Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 10:38 am

Bon Jovi AND Drake Bell slam beiber? is the world finally moving in the right direction again?

7. BonJovi ROCKS Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 10:38 am

He is totally right. As a senior performer he knows what it takes to please his audience. Justin has no idea how to treat people. He is a little piece of dirt that got lucky. He should know how lucky he is and his fans should stop listening to his music and speak up towards his misbehavior towards them.

8. Milwaukee Rock Music Examiner Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 10:41 am

Wow, I was really trying to get over Jon Bon Jovi’s shallowness. I was so relating with his plight , having the issues with his daughter and thought he was a strong advocate for recovery. Then, today he takes a cheap shot at Justin Bieber, wow. Now ,many of you ask , “why do I cover Justin Bieber, when I am in the rock genre?” Well, I will be interviewing him in the Chicago area in about 6 months. Hey , I cover Bon Jovi, and I wouldn’t put that band in the rock genre either lol. I get what Jon is saying here about being late for shows, but when Jon was in his early 20′s is Ego was on full throttle also, Justin BieberWho is Jon to Judge? is simply being normal and he will learn. Kellie Levans-The Milwaukee Rock Music Examiner @kidkel69

9. treeennaaa Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 10:42 am

Totally agree with Bon Jovi, he is a well respected musician who’s been around along time. Justin’s fame has gone to his head and he feels he can disrespect his fans is ok. Just to say Rihanna does the same thing just not as much.

10. oddname Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 10:53 am

the best part of all this…people will still be clamoring for bon jovi songs years from now just as they have for over 20 years now, no one will remember a single beiber song in a couple of years.

11. Teresa M Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 11:00 am

Justin is just an overpaid BRAT – I have taken my daughters to see Bon Jovi and yes I worked so hard for that money – I would never spend a HARD WORKING DIME ON THAT PIECE OF $&!t

12. janxie Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 11:00 am

I agree completely!! He is a snot nosed brat whose head is to big for his shoulders… take away his credit cards… his damn mic.. and all of his toys… and all he would be is the most hated kid on the block that all the cool kids want to beat up!!!! his music sucks.. and his parents need to be admonished for allowing this from him!!!

13. Caleb Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 11:01 am

Being a musician myself, I would agree that your fans are your biggest priority. I really do not like what’s been going on with Bieber. I don’t like his music, but I think the boy has some potential if he actually did something with it. Way to go, Bon Jovi.

14. Daniel Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 11:03 am

I totally agree with Bon Jovi a lot of these younger artists are taking for granted a gift and of their fans. It is up to the fans if an artist makes it or not. They really don’t have that control. Would like to see if the Biebs can make it with out the fans. I never really cared for him but its good to see and hear that some of the peers are actually stepping up and saying something about these younger artists behavior.

15. Sylvie Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 11:06 am

Yes I definitely agree with Bon Jovi.

16. Paula Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 11:11 am

He nailed it on the head! This little disrespectful brat needs a dose of reality. Who does he think he is, his parents should be ashamed!!! I would be extreemly disapointed in one of my own children if they behaved anywhere near how this kid does!Did they not teach him any respect? Not that I would ever go to one of his shows, but I would get up and leave and demand my money back if I had to wait like that, NO one is worth that, not when they make a habbit out of it.

17. Kevin Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 11:12 am

About time that little punk get put in his place!

18. Paul138138 Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 11:14 am

Bon Jovi some on you should not pick on girls!!

19. Becca Lynn Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 11:17 am

Justin is a spoiled , self absorbed brat who doesn’t care that he leaves his audience waiting. Haven’t understood all the craze since the beginning but after seeing him on the Billboard awards, I have no respect for the kid. He also needs to get some decent clothes!

20. james Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 11:20 am

As Jon Bonjovi is a commensurate musician, artist, and professional, He has the right to tell the truth. This beiber had it not been for youtube.com would NOT be where he is today. His mother (allegedly) only put the recordings on the youtube.com site so the family that lives many miles away could see him grow just as a kid in and of itself that was the main point from watching a clip of this on T.V. Bieber isn’t that good and just like the 70s’ song da do run run. some day people will run to an artist that is more prolific(as if that will take much), and it will be Justin Who?

21. Bob Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 11:25 am

Being irrelevant as a musician never stopped him from becoming famous in the first place.

22. Lexi Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 11:29 am

Well, the comment is a tad strong, but well-deserved. Those concert tickets cost big money, and for the artist [any artist] to show up late and then go home early it is not acceptable to the ticket buyers.

You want his attention, boycott his concerts he will get the message. Disrespect the fans and pay the price it is called a lack of employment.

23. Lauri Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 11:32 am

Give ‘em hell Jon! Grow up or get out, Biebs.

24. geannine Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 11:33 am

I mean no harm should’nt he worried his own daughter problems. I Bet he’s bigger ass hole then JUSTIN.

25. Eric Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 11:38 am

Mr. bon Jovi has forgotten more about being a great performer than that crap weasel the Dwieb will know. Soak up that sunshine while you can little britches because once puberty actually sticks you WILL fade away into obscurity.

26. tammy wise Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 11:57 am

yes i agree with bon jovi. i have been a fan of bon jovi for years, and i always will be a fan. i really do not like justin bieber. justin was found on youtube any way. bon jovi is the best and always will be the best

27. Vicki Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 11:58 am

What where you like when you were 19? He’s been told what to do and when to do it since he started and now he’s on his own trying to deal emotionally with all the hateful and negative comments. And who is doing all the slinging adults. People who should know better. Yes, being late for you comments is rude and inconsiderate, however, where are his “crew” that is suppose to make sure he gets to where he needs to be and on time. Lets not blame everything on a 19 year old kid when you have adults around him. Where were Scooter and Eddie?

28. Kari Frazier Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 11:59 am

I totally agree with Jon Bon Jovi!! I think Justin Bieber ia an arrogant brat and all this fame has gone to his head! Grow up!!!!

29. LaFae Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 12:00 pm

Yep! Give it to him, Bon Jovi! The little boy better realize he could be a has-been just as swiftly as he rose to stardom! Fan are that fickle if you push them the wrong way

30. lance bergman Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 12:03 pm

jon bon jovi should mind his own business. these old rock stars just use young stars that are relevant to get there name in the paper.:-)) jon bon jovi is an old fossil who needs to go back in a cave and shut up.:-)) and he should go back to taking singing lessons because he sucks live!!! he cant even sing his songs in thee original key they were written in!! you should talk jon bon ravioli. learn how to sing again and stop picking on young kids.

31. Rockin Rick Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 12:03 pm

I strongly agree with Bon Jovi. Bieber is nothing but a spoiled little biatch. If he grew up in Bon Jovi’s neighborhood or even in my neighborhood, the lower ninth ward of New Orleans, he’d get his azz kicked every day just for looking like a lil biatch. Don’t you just love the way he wears his pants below his lil candy azz. I’d like to come up behind him and jerk those designer drawers right up the crack of his azz and make him sound like the lil girl he is. I guess you can tell I don’t like the lil ickpre, but I do agree with Bon Jovi. Be a professional and do your job like a professional, no matter what it is.

32. gary Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 12:06 pm

he,s a shit head that needs dick slapped

33. Kim Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 12:10 pm

Agree totally, its all gone to his head. The people who paid , did so using real money that they worked hard for. The least zit face could do is showed up on time!

34. April Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 12:13 pm

I think Bon Jovi was right on the money!!! Beiber wont last long because the young girls are growing up to see he’s an ASS!!!! Look how he treated his girlfriend, and then he got “BOOED” at the awards the other night and Im surprised he didnt cry!! They Booed because he sucks and needs to get kicked out of the music business!! I think fame has gone to his head and his BIG FAT HEAD….he really needed Bon Jovi and others to put him in his place!!

35. donna moore Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 12:13 pm

you go jon he has no talent anyway he is a pimple on the ass of true muscins and true singers who are loyal to there fans without them were would they be time for the litlle boy to stop playing rock star and go hhome to mommy

36. Cathy Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 12:16 pm

I totally agree with Bon Jovi! Bieber needs to grow up and take his fame seriously… what a loser! I cant stand people who are famous disrespecting their fans that way. I sure would not ever be a fan of his!

37. Melonie Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 12:17 pm

Hell yes I agree with Bon Jovi.. Ill be damned if I would pay good money to cool my heels so some musician could be off playing around!! I paid my money to see them at that time so get your lazy but on the stage! If not then give me my money back and Ill go see someone who respects me and the music enough to do their Job!!

38. jabberwocky1 Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 12:18 pm

he is young and immature even though he says not. bieber is falling into that category of too much fame and fortune at too early of an age and cannot deal with it responsibly.

39. Steve Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 12:29 pm

Bieber is just a punk kid and is going to end up on the trash pile. He has to remember that his fan base is too young to drive so it is the parts he has to address. Keep acting like an ass and mom’s and adad’s are going to stop buying your shit for their kids, Then where will you be? Back in Canada slopping hogs

40. kim Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 12:31 pm

I definitely agree! Without the support of fans purchasing his music and concert tickets, he’ll be just some another unknown broke punk ass!

41. Elaine Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 12:32 pm

I LOVE Jon Bon Jovi and I truly respect him for so many things he is ~ a good husband and father, a great philanthropist, a loyal band member etc. but I don’t agree with the language he used in this interview. Yes, Justin Beiber is a spoiled brat and is acting like one but we have to remember he is just a kid who was thrown in the limelight way too young and is just rebelling or worse getting ready for a breakdown. JBJ could have mentored him individually, explained to him the importance of respecting the audience, etc. But, watch the language, JBJ, it is not becoming to you.

42. Danny Walter Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 12:32 pm

Well said Mr. Bon Jovi , You have been a credit to music as far back as I can remember ! Thanks for your gift to us!!!!!!!!!!

43. Khorla Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 12:48 pm

Jon Bon Jovi is the “bomb” and he’s so correct. The audience is who’s making Bieber and the audience can break Bieber. He’s good but he’s NOT the greatest!

44. Christina Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 12:51 pm

Agree 100%

45. Angel Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 12:51 pm

Is that what they call Justin Beiber, a musician? That’s almost laughable. Most of us call him a soon to be.

46. Reba Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 12:53 pm

U go Jon Bon Jovi, someone has to tell that Brat how to act and when to keep his mouth shut overseas. He can go back to Canada and live with his daddy. He can let mommy down after she typed her fingers off to get him where he is and I bet he didn’t thank her.

47. bonbon4eva Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 1:19 pm

You heard the veteran, get to work son!

48. Amy Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 1:22 pm

very well said!

49. L. Cox Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 1:26 pm

I definitely agree with Bon Jovi’s slam on Bieber. I don’t know who that young punk thinks he is and that he can just treat people any way he wants cause he thinks he’s such a big star! Wrong!

50. Margaret Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 1:27 pm

Yes, Bubber totally deserved it. He acts like spoiled trash (funny, the Previous Britany Spears comes to mind!)

51. James Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 1:38 pm

Justin Bieber is a brat, there is no other way to describe him. He needs to grow up and pull his pants up.

52. Grace Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 1:50 pm

Way to go Jon! Bieber is a joke. Love you Jon Bon Jovi!

53. Sylvia Warner Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 1:50 pm

Thank you Bon Jovi!! I agree with what he said to Beiber. I don’t respect Beiber and certainly don’t take him seriously because all he seems to be doing is going around acting like a rapper wanna be. He’s just a joke, period! Glad Bon Jovi has the guts to say it how it is.

54. Lee C. Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 2:48 pm

I saw Justin’s clip from the Billboard Awards show….I think someone needs to break it to him that he’s not black, and he’s not from the “hood”….LOL. What a dork. I liked him better when he was a nice boy who gave generously to charity (as seen on Ellen).

55. Lisa Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 2:55 pm

John has a good work ethic which is why he is where he is today and why he will be there for many years to come.

56. sydney Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 2:55 pm

Justin Bieber is so irritating and needs to get a reality check. I really have like no respect for him

57. maryhoot Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 3:05 pm

the Beibs cant sing anyway. it wont be long he will be gone

58. Velvet Hubler Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 3:09 pm

I could not have said it any better myself!! Words of Wisdom from a true musical icon

59. Bil Janski Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 3:14 pm

Bieber has a limited shelf life, no matter what words of wisdom are given by a veteran rocker. Nice try, though, BJ!

60. Anthony Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 3:46 pm

Shout to the heart and Bieber’s too lame, darlin’ he gives music … a bad name!

61. Tiffany Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 4:59 pm

I totally agree with Bon Jovi! I used to be a HUGE Belieber, but after seeing him in concert I now can’t wait until he becomes irrelevant. He is nothing but a conceited arrogant punk. Wouldn’t even touch fans that paid thousands of dollars to see him. He’s a waste.

62. kathleen warner Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 5:46 pm

Bon Jovi has been a great and class act from the start. We love this guy so much our dog is named Jovi and him. I’m afraid his words are waisted on Justin Beiber, but, then maybe he’ll be gone sooner. Loved Anthony’s comment.

63. Carol Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 5:54 pm

Beiber doesn’t care. He’ll go on a Twitter “oh poor me, Bon Jovi picked on me” then Beiber’s foul mouthed 11 year old fans will start threatening Bon Jovi and his family and fans.

I just can’t wait to read Beiber’s obituary. He keeps up with the drugs, driving fast and partying with a drug dealer, it’ll be soon. Too bad he’ll probably take out an innocent by-stander.

64. Sandra Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 6:03 pm

Being one of the unfortunate mothers who paid out a lot for ticketsto take her daughter. I’d say these comments are spot on. We had to travel to a neighboring country incurring air fares and hotel bills and that brat kept us waiting over 2 hours! When he finally showed up onstage at 10.10 pm half of his young fans were a sleep on their feet. He didn’t even apologize. He then lip synched thankfully because on the odd occasion he sang it was painfully clear his voice is no longer there. When he asked how many people were seeing him for the first time, I felt like yelling back, you can be sure it will be the last time for most of us!

65. rellis Says:
    May 23rd, 2013 at 6:07 pm

turn your hat and life around. you are not hiphop and never will be::::::

66. Mary Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 12:45 am

Wow,,, it sounds like youre all talking about Axel Rose,,, lol ,,, or many other bands in their early years,,, he will learn, just like so many others have, and I don’t get what this boy did that was so wrong anyway,, I must have missed something as far as all the comments in regard to his being a bad role model and how he acts and whatever else,,, other than asking that people take him seriously, which is kinda lame on his part but im sure he knows that all too well by now too. Whatever,, he’s still young and as far as im concerned its his PR that needs to do their job better & stop tossing their client under the bus. HE IS a money maker, like it or not.

67. billyzeke Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 7:15 am

I agree with BON Jovi this little twerp better start acting right or his whole career is going down the sewer.

68. Theresa Says:
    May 25th, 2013 at 5:38 pm

YES,YES,YES, I agree with Jon Bon Jovi, saw Bon Jovi in concert 3/17/13 in Lubbock,,,THE hardest working rock star I have ever seen, and the BEST concert I have ever seen, here is a man ,not resting on his laurels, but working his butt off to give his fans a REAL concert,,good for you Jon, tell the punk off,,maybe he will listen..

69. gary Says:
    May 26th, 2013 at 2:50 pm

pretty soon there’ll be more quality respected musicians saying the same thing and more people will boo bieber. on howard stern, bill hader talked about bieber and his 20+ person entourage while justin timberlake came to the studio on his own as a consumate professional. bieber’s bodyguards and entourage were always in the way backstage and one person was always ready for him with a slice of pizza. what a joke! he better wake up fast. i doubt even Usher can get through to him at this point. maybe he misses his monkey too much!

70. Walesca Says:
    May 26th, 2013 at 4:34 pm

Stop making excuses for Justin. It all starts with the parents. They idolize their son so damn much they can’t see that they’ve created a monster. The majority if not all of his fan are a bunch of teen girls that have the hots for him and know no better. I have 4 children…2 of which are grown and two that are 15 and I am very proud to say that no one in my house listens to beiber…but we do however listen to Jovi, Def Leppard , Tesla…and I can go on. Justin is a spoiled brat that thinks he knows it all. Without fanb ticket sales you are nothing, so remove head from ass and grow a fucken pair!!!!

Comments