A&E Cancels Intervention

May 24, 2013 05:39 AM by Megan Thompson

A&E has announced this will be the final season of its award-winning show Intervention.  This powerful series about addiction will end after 13 seasons on the network.  Find out why the show is being cancelled and when the final five episodes will air.

Intervention premiered in 2005 and has been a groundbreaking reality series.  Each episode is about a person whose life has been turned upside down by their drug or alcohol dependence, or some other compulsive behavior (like bulimia.) At the end of each episode the person is confronted by family or friends with a surprise intervention.  Besides the family’s support, each intervention is conducted by one of four specialists on the show.

Since its inception, Intervention has conducted over 200 interventions that have proved to be very successful. Out of 243 people who appeared on the show, 156 of them are currently sober.  It’s no surprise that this show has received the Emmy for Outstanding Reality Series in 2009 and the show has a huge following.

So why is A&E cancelling the show?  On Thursday, executives from the network released a statement, “As Intervention comes to an end, we’re proud to have paved the way for such an original and groundbreaking series,” said A&E and BIO Channel’s executive vice president of programming David McKillop.  Although the statement doesn’t give specifics on why the series is being cancelled its rumored that the network has found rating success with another series, Duck Dynasty.  The season finale of Duck Dynasty brought in more viewers than American Idol the night it aired.

So if you haven’t tuned into this amazing show, you still have a chance.  Intervention will air five more episodes that begin June 13th.

Are you a fan of the show?  Let us know how you feel about Intervention being cancelled, leave us a comment below.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about Intervention. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Intervention.

Topics: A&E Reality TV Shows, Intervention |

80 Responses to “A&E Cancels Intervention”

1. Clay F. Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 5:55 am

It’s too bad they’re going to cancel it. I really liked that show and they claimed they found rating success with Duck Dynasty? Really? Wow! Imagine that….

2. Roberta Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 6:01 am

Are you kidding me? Duck dynasty?? Intervention helped a lot of people and it was a true life show!!! Duck dynasty is pretty much a non realistic show. On a scale of 1-10 is a 1 in my book!! Keep Intervention going! Again, are you serious? Duck Dynasty????

3. wd Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 6:07 am

Getting rid of Intervention to make room for more shows like Duck Dynasty????? What is this country coming to.

4. Michelle Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 6:10 am

I am so sad that they are cancelling Intervention. I am so sick of networks cancelling quality programming to give way to stupid reality shows. What about people who can’t care less about the Honey Boo Boo’s of the world and other such trash.

5. LoyalInterventioner Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 6:10 am

This is ridiculous however it shows once again, all people care about is money. Intervention brings awareness to the issues families and friends face with an addict. But who really cares. Guess people would rather watch a bunch of rednecks with too much time and money on their hands.

6. Ryan Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 6:14 am

It’s too bad that the network wants to cancel a show that has changed so many peoples lives, what’s more important, a show that saves lives, or one that makes people laugh and pure nonsense? Too bad the network is all about the ratings, what’s new though.

7. Jess Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 6:16 am

Are you kidding Duck Dynasty in my eyes is the dumbest reality show ever…Its not that funny and they are wanting way too much money than they are worth. Intervention was about real life people with real life addictions. Duck dynasty in my eyes doesn’t even compare to Intervention..It’s sad they are taking it off. A&E get your heads out and wake up!!

8. Donna Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 6:21 am

I’m so bummed! Intervention is one of my favorite TV shows ever! I will miss it. So sad.

9. Bren Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 6:23 am

Are you kidding me? That is one of my favorite shows. I know that addiction is a serious disease and am sure this show helped many people and therefore should not be canceled. It’s a travesty to lose such an interesting and informing show. Maybe A&E needs intervention….

10. JENNIFER Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 6:24 am

are you kidding me??? i actually watch inteverntion to see how others peoples lives are and how they struggle it inspires me alot !!! i dont think it should be cancelled!!

11. Beverly Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 6:34 am

Shame on You A&E to remove a show that is helping so many people. Is Duck Dynasty actors gonna pay for people to get the help they need to fight addiction? I have a child who is a addict and this show helps me believe there is hope for my daughter. Please don’t remove it for good!!

12. Beverly Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 6:35 am

P.S..Get rid of 20 kids and counting and keep Intervention

13. tamrat88 Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 6:38 am

I am glad it is being cancelled. I personally feel they show way too much on T.V.. As a recovering addict, Intervention sometimes causes me to have cravings and is a real problem when it becomes a trigger. Yes the show has helped a lot of people, but how many has it hurt?

14. Beth Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 6:38 am

What is this world coming to? I thought A&E stood for Arts and Education. I can’t see where Duck Dynasty is educating us on anything!

15. China Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 6:44 am

why are they canceling this show? this show helped a lot of addicts get off drugs. It taught a lot of professionals who are in the field of addiction a lot of information about drugs and its interaction in the body. It connects other addicts that are addicted to drugs with hopes of seeking treatment. This is the worst decision the network can ever make AND WHAT IN THE WORLD IS DUCK DYNASTY?!?!?! hopefully, A&E wont also cancel first 48!.

16. Mermaid Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 6:47 am

This show not only changed my husband’s judgmental views about addiction, but was instrumental in giving us the courage to confront our youngest daughter’s addiction to pain pills! Watching the intervention process and cheering for the addicts and their families helped us ask and answer some difficult questions within our own family. My daughter has been clean for 4 years and I credit this wonderful series for helping us take our first steps. Not always easy to watch, this was genuine REALITY television…a show dedicated to the transformative power of love!

17. Karla Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 6:49 am

I Love Intervention, what is Ducy Dynasty

18. Karla Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 6:50 am

Correction Duck Dynasty

19. Theresa Powell-Bivens Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 6:55 am

Please don’t cancel! I love this show. At the end I always pray the person continued sobriety. This is real life, and also showing people affected with the disease, sobriety can happen and life can be rewarding without the drugs, alchol, eating disorders, etc.
    This is a wonderful show!

Thanks

20. Barb Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 6:58 am

Wow. I used Intervention as a tool to teach my kids what drugs and alcohol can do to ruin your life. I can’t even believe how incredibly stupid our society has become that a show like duck dynasty gets higher ratings.

21. Texas Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 7:01 am

Too bad, this show really brought to reality how sad & painful addiction is. It showed the prevalence of drugs & how it damages & ruins families. Drugs doesnt choose an income level.

22. Teresa Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 7:04 am

It is sad to see Intervention leave, it is a good show that proves that if you really are determined to change and except the help sobriety can be achieved. These other reality shows don’t have my vote on any level…just a waste of time and space….if that’s the case anybody can have a reality show….hmmmm let me think…..Teresa’s Medical Journey…Coming Soon, LOL!!!!! Hate to see you leave Intervention…me, 6 years clean and sober…it can be done.

23. Heidi Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 7:09 am

Duck Dynasty is scripted, and Intervention is real life. It is real people struggling with addiction. This pisses me off! I love Intervention. I want to see more of it! Cancel Duck Dynasty, not Intervention. It is an original series that other networks do not have, and they should keep it going. It is interesting and educational; plus it has helped so many people over come addiction. This is CRAP!

24. Renee Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 7:15 am

I will miss the show, but on the plus side, it created more awareness for the intervention process for families with a loved one struggling with addiction. Interventions will still take place and continue to save lives. Congratulations to the 156 people that got sober and got their lives back! You are an inspiration to everyone!

25. Leigh Hass Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 7:16 am

That’s sad. I have watched this show since it first aired and though some may think it’s bad I have also had my kids watch it too to show them the struggles of addiction and what can happen. As my Mother is a recovering drug addict and alcoholic, I wish I had this show when I was growing up. Please A & E reconsider. Keep it on!!!!

26. BC Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 7:17 am

I don’t see why they can’t have two popular shows. Isn’t the idea behind a television network to have popular shows that people want to watch. There is enough other garbage on their channel that surely they could cancel on of those shows instead.

27. Tiny Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 7:20 am

I understand that Shows do have to come to an end. However, this is a bad, bad reason to end a great show like Intervention.
    Why are we dumbing down every show for the World now?
    I hope you realize your mistake and continue on, even if you must tweak the show a bit.

28. bob dillinger Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 7:26 am

Fuck Duck Dynasty that isn’t even a reality show. If you watch it you can see that many of the events are clearly produced and scripted. It is very very lame yet somehow everybody watches it now? It’s fake man. Intervention was as real as it got. Poor job A&E now you took Dog Bounty Hunter and Intervention.

29. Noreen Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 7:26 am

It such a positive show. BehinD the suffering it showed so much love and showed so much humanity. And most of all it brought so much positivity AND help to the people. It had to of helped some viewers too IT HAD TOO.

30. Peg Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 7:28 am

I loved Intervention. I have an episode saved on my DVR just to remind me what it was like when I was out there drinking and drugging. Sober 32 yrs. and grateful everyday. To even put this show in the same sentence as Duck Dynasty is an oxymoron, or something similar, like absurd. What does D.D. give to society when you can say Intervention has 153 individuals still sober after all these years on air? And American Idol sucks, too.

31. Cathy Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 7:29 am

Are you kidding me???!!! Those Ducks make millions for their trash and stupidity. I bet the counselors on Intervention make a tenth of that for saving lives, having a quality show!! SHAME ON A&E—THEY JUST LOST OUR VIEWERSHIP AFTER INTERVENTION’S LAST SHOW!!
    We are hoping another network of quality picks up the show.

32. Deborah Larkin Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 7:33 am

I think it is a shame they would cancel a show that is helping people and keep something as inane as Duck Dynasty on the air. Are American people really that stupid???

33. Anushka Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 7:37 am

No way. Why? It is so inspiring definitely one of my favorites!!!

34. Kristen Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 7:38 am

I have watched this show since the very first episode. My DVR is automatically set to record so that I don’t miss any episodes. A&E really?? Do you NOT realize how many people your show has helped? I grew up with two alcoholic parents, how I would have loved to done an intervention with them. Please reconsider cxling.

35. Pat Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 7:38 am

Please tell me it isn’t so!! I always watched intervention. My husband and I have a son that was hooked on drugs really bad at one time but thank the Good Lord he has gotten clean. Please tell A&E to read these comments and not cancel intervention, the only other good show is The 1st 48 on A&E. I don’t watch Duck Dynasty.

36. Diane Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 7:40 am

I think its very sad that duck dynasty is that popular. What has happened to us. That show is funny but wec all know its staged. Intervention really helped people.

37. Michele Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 7:44 am

NOOO! Intervention is such a good show. It has helped me and I know it has helped other people to understand addiction. Duck Dynasty?? How stupid! Come on A & E, I thought you were a respectable network!

38. Mary Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 7:46 am

“Although the statement doesn’t give specifics on why the series is being cancelled its rumored that the network has found rating success with another series, Duck Dynasty.”

Seriously??? You can’t have two “rating success” shows on the same network?? Intervention was the only reason I watched A&E. Disappointed!

39. Pixie Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 7:49 am

This is so disappointing, A&E. To know that Duck Dynasty is responsible for the end of Intervention is truly tragic. Intervention sheds light on topics that most people want to hide under the carpet, and shows how much of a struggle it is for addicts to recover and remain sober. I am sure that show has inspired countless addicts to work toward sobriety or encouraged family members and caregivers to approach a known addict with an opportunity to change and get sober. Boo to A&E.

40. CeeCee Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 7:52 am

I am devastated. I love love love this show. Yeah, it makes me cry and it is so sad at times but when the person going through the intervention comes out victorious I am always overjoyed. The network could not find room for BOTH Intervention and Duck Dynasty? Geesh. I would rather see Intervention than watching Hoarders any day. Bad choice A & E!

41. LizaLyn Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 7:52 am

cancel intervention that helped save lives, but keep duck dynasty about abunch of rich hicks, great this country is getting nasty to live in. Great idea make the rich richer instead of helping people that can lose thier lives, why cancel such an amazing show!! SMH boycott A&Enow!!!

42. emeo Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 7:52 am

I never believed in “paying for television” but after watching an episode of Intervention I knew I HAD TO GET CABLE. I’m in my early 30′s people so I was extremely excited to finally be able to receive the gift of GREAT television. Needless to say, I’m locked in for one year with the Cable Company, so PLEASE DON’T CANCEL FIRST 48 until then.

43. Leanne Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 7:55 am

I am absolutely appalled at this! You’ve got to be kidding me! So they’d rather air a show that entertains people and gives random people their 15 minutes of fame as opposed to exposing drug and alcohol addiction for the illness/disease it is and helping other and giving others the opportunity to do the same. This is so wrong. I absolutely think if they have to cut a show for budgetary reasons, they should not cut one who gives sick individuals a second chance at life.

44. Phyllis Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 7:59 am

DUCK DYNASTY???……..REALLY???

I know God forbid A&E keep a reality show that actually helps people!!!

45. connie butler Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 7:59 am

Intervention is one of the best ever shows on TV.can’t believe it’s being cancelled………Duck Dynasty ? watched it once for about 10 minutes……..unreal……..everybody has their own poison, but this is sad………I suppose the DD people wat…ch ” Honey BOOBOOBOO ‘ too

46. Tim Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 8:00 am

I cant imagine why they would cancel such a compelling and riveting show. Is it not smarter to have two shows that bring in lots of viewers? I could understand canceling hoarders. Thats just a lot of the same thing over and over. But intervention was very unique in that every week it was something very different. I know a lot about addiction. been through it myself. I wished there had been such a show like this 30 years ago. I think its a mistake. Duck Dynasty is a fun show. Its a bit scripted but those characters are real. thats why it works. same goes for intervention. Drop First 48 or something else. Maybe its too expensive???? i would think recovery centers would jump at the chance to have their names out there. Guess not. Once again we the public have no say

47. MsM Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 8:01 am

This is how stupid the whole country has become. Cancel an award winning show, because a a really stupid show looks like it has more viewers. I don’t believe in ratings surveys. No one has EVER asked me what I like to watch.

48. michelle Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 8:01 am

Boo! I love Intervention! Inspirational, thought provoking tv cancelled to make room for people who talk about farts and ducks. Way to Go, america!

49. Judith Brooks Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 8:04 am

Duck Dynasty will not draw flies in the near future. That kind of humor goes stale very fast.
    Intervention could have lasted forever because every show was different.

50. ITkPctrs Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 8:06 am

America sure does have it’s priorities in order.

51. SuzyQ Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 8:07 am

Very disappointed. Intervention was a great show and their aren’t many to choose from these days. I won’t be tuning in to Duck Dynasty… whatever that is.

52. Roque Juarez Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 8:10 am

Intervention is ten times more important than duck dynasty but I am aware that ratings success is more important to A&E. What a shame!

53. Sandy Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 8:11 am

WTF??? A stupid show about rednecks with too much hair and time on their hands is more important than a show that has actually helped people live by getting help for their issues. What a country we live in. First Fox cancels Americas Most Wanted, which actually helped capture some really dangerous criminals and bring home missing kids and now A&E is canceling Intervention for ducks. Again we see this money is more important than saving a life. No more A&E for me. I hope they see these messages and change that decision.

54. Stacy Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 8:14 am

That’s really a shame that they are cancelling a show that I feel is an inspiration. Not only to myself but to the kids of our future. They need to be able to see others in situations where they can relate or understand the outcome. Sometimes you need a visual. How are shows like Jersey Shore and The Kardashians still on and something that relates to every day life isn’t?? Completely obsurd.

55. Jenny Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 8:16 am

Once again a good show goes down the drain to make room for trash tv. I am very sorry to see it go. And I’m also sad to know that our country is more concerned with a gaggle of rich hillbilly’s then a show that helps people with a illness that affects the whole world. Addiction is a disease stupid is not. Intervention thank you for everything.

56. chris Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 8:18 am

I loved this show – cannot believe Duck Dynasty gets better ratings!

57. Brigette Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 8:20 am

I like Duck Dynasty, but cannot for the life of me figure out why you would cancel a show that actually SAVES people’s lives! That makes no sense! Makes me question A & E as a whole – time to find a new network!

58. Sherry Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 8:22 am

Duck Dynasty Rocks…those boys are all religious, realistic, and exemplify the best of what an American family can be! Intervention celebrates the agony of what the American family has become. I would rather spend one minute with “Uncle Si” than any of the lost souls that need Intervention. Work, play and pray is the Duck Dynasty way…(none of them have drug, alcohol, or emotional problems).

59. Connie Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 8:23 am

I watch both Intervention & Duck Dynasty. Intervention shows the reality of addiction. I feel strongly that Intervention has also assisted in the recovery of many viewers. Due to the mega-success of Duck Dynasty —I am sure the revenue from that show could more than cover the production costs of Intervention. I even have a suggestion——ask The Robertson Clan what their opinion is of keeping a show like Intervention on that allows for recovery and positive changes in lives. They seem to have a great deal of power these days.

60. courtney Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 8:23 am

WTF? cancel duck dynasty all they are is a bunch of redneck hillbillys with no sense of humor! I actually loved watching interventoion. I personally think that all channels including A&E needs an intervention done on them. this is the only reality show I actually cared to watch. I hope they put all 13 seasons on DVD so we the fans can watch them. I guess I have no other reason to watch tv, time to cancel cable.

61. Michelle Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 8:26 am

Seriously?! Intervention has been my favourite show for years. Go F(*&$ yourselves A&E. Cancelling a show that actually helps people to keep shows like Duck Dynasty? I have never watched that show, and you can be damn sure I never will.

62. Cam Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 8:27 am

They are cancelling that show ,wow…. how about cancel those crappy shoes that come on A&E like Storage Wars, Shipping Wars and American Hoggers…..

63. vicki Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 8:28 am

They CAN’T cancel it! With a success rate like that,my son needs to be on it! But 9 different rehabs haven’t made a difference, so go ahead and cancel. He’ll stop doing drugs when he decides or the drugs decide for him.

64. Staci Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 8:39 am

I hate that it’s being cancelled. It is a good show. I am a recovering alcoholic and watching it I could identify what they were going through and it was a reminder of why I DON’T EVER want to pick up a drink again

65. Delores Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 10:51 am

Duck Dynasty compared to Intervention.??? UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

66. Gloria Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 10:57 am

I am so terribly disapointed in A&E!!!.
    I am the mother of an Addict. Intervention has
    helped my family so much. I sat down with my son
    and watched it. He turned to me and said ” Mom I think I need help” It has been a saving grace for us. Maybe when one of the Duck Dynasty family members needs help for
    addiction they will put the show back on the Air.
    SHAME, SHAME ,SHAME ON ALL OF YOU !!!!!!!

67. Chanda Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 11:10 am

This is one of my favorite shows! As a Human Service worker we have watched several episodes in various classes that I have taken, because it is such a great show and it is true REALITY. Addicition is a true problem and this show helps the public to undertand and see what the life of an addict and their family is like. I came from a home with an alcohalic and drug addicted parent and can so easliy relate to what they are going through and have gone through. Its so sad that this show is going to be gone but they keep crap like Duck Dynasty! Which I have NEVER watched and have no Desire too. I guess I will have to watch it on Hulu.

68. liz z Says:
    May 24th, 2013 at 12:01 pm

Really?! I love intervention..soo many people helped and it was true..I struggled with addiction and to see these people struggle may god help them cause I cried with each story.

69. Kelly Says:
    May 25th, 2013 at 7:12 am

So sorry to see my favorite show cancelled but not surprised. Perhaps they would have had better ratings if we knew when seasons were starting and ending and how many episodes were in each season? It was never promoted well and it seems like fans had to constantly beg for info on it. It was like a job to keep up with it unless you were constantly on A&E! I am assuming they were trying to promote it discretely as they needed unsuspecting addicts and too much hype would make it much harder to find them. Unlike other hit programs such as Duck Dynasty, Hoarders, Storage Wars, etc., they did not bombard the week with Intervention (time slots were probably an issue due to its mature content but the First 48 runs anytime) and for a while it was shown twice on Monday nights and that was it, no reruns and no marathons. I can imagine that the show is difficult to cast and costly to make. I’m sure going to miss it :(

P.S. A&E stands for Arts & Entertainment not education ;)

70. nancy Says:
    June 8th, 2013 at 11:29 am

Intervention changed my life!! I am in recovery due to this show. Can you not find room to keep both shows on the air. There is an intervention show on Bios, it is terrible compare to the real intervention on A&E. Please keep the show, and you will be blessed, too many people have the disease of addiction, and do not have money to go get help. This program directs you to free 12 step programs. Please keep this show.

71. Vin Says:
    June 13th, 2013 at 9:25 pm

A and e should be boycotted, duck dynasty really!!!? What a joke, a bunch of idiots and a poor executive decision. Duck dynasty good ratings or not I doubt it is going to last 13 seasons, I hope it gets cancelled too its such a joke. Sad that there will always be people with issues such as on intervention and it shows people how not to be in life. It teaches people on the show on how to live life and shows people that watch it on how not to live. Overall this was a unbelievable show that should never be cancelled until drug and alcohol abuse in he USA ends….maybe they can do a housewives of nj and duck dynasty combined show for all the smart reviewers out there….

72. Mark Bienenfeld Says:
    June 14th, 2013 at 10:01 am

Intervention is one of the great acts of courage
    made by a network. Tragic lives sometimes saved,
    others fail. One of the most profound hours on television.Anyone who watches cannot fail to eitheridentify or sympathize with the families and addicts. Awaiting the success or failure at the endof the show is a reflection of life as it is. Duck Dynasty? Never saw it/ can only imagine a romp vs.a show challenging each viewer to reflect on their own weaknesses and the blessings of family/friends and the grace of God.

73. Linda Doyle Says:
    July 6th, 2013 at 3:07 pm

How very unfortunate. I watched every edition of Intervention and learned something from every one. The despair and heartbreak followed (usually) by hope-no other reality show was as real as Intervention.

74. Lora Says:
    July 11th, 2013 at 9:59 pm

I love Intervention it is such an amazing show about real people facing serious issues. Why are the shows with substance always the ones to get chopped?

75. Jason Says:
    July 13th, 2013 at 12:29 pm

A&E (ARTS & EDUCATION), please don’t make this about money. The show Intervention MUST continue. It is helping countless numbers of people, family, friends. This show helps save so many lives. PLEASE, PLEASE don’t stop saving them.

76. jules Says:
    July 16th, 2013 at 6:10 am

This is straight BULLSHIXX…. every one on this planet has ppl in their family that deals with addiction issues… whether it is drugs or food or hoarding or OCD, or working-out, or just tuning out of LIFE for a fantasy world for Watever reason!… THIS is the REAL REALITY SHOW that should be on air indefinitely! THIS IS THE TYPE OF SHOW THAT TRULY HELPS PEOPLE WITH EVERYDAY REAL-LIFE SITUATIONS! imo there are at least 100 shows or more that should be put off air or never shuda been made except THIS show and Hoarding. To see that mental illness TRULY affects the world and to see that there can be a light at the end of that tunnel is what should be shown as a positive reinforcement to families everywhere. Saving peoples lives and families is what TV SHOULD BE SHOWING…. enough with the mindless dumb SHZZZ! put that on too, but dont sacrifice things that could actually help humanity not become zombies! SIGH!

77. Duane Says:
    July 18th, 2013 at 6:17 pm

I strongly encourage A&E to reconsider cancelling Intervention because not only it’s one of my program to watch, it’s a very important drama that have helped saved people from addiction in this country. If Intervention continue to air and A&E decides to reconsider starting a new season perhaps this fall (which I hope they will), more lives will be saved. I have watched Duck Dynasty, but I really found it boring and doesn’t care much for it. The reason Duck Dynasty had a high rating over America’s Idol was because it was aired as a new program. Please don’t cancel Intervention. Please bring it back which makes more sense to me rather than never air it on TV again. There’s no reason not to have it aired again.

78. DHB Says:
    July 19th, 2013 at 9:41 am

I am very disapointed that Intervention was cancelled. It was in my opinion the best reality show on TV, because it really was a reality show.It dealt with matters that were truly life or death. More shows like Duck Dynasty? a show about rich redneck hillbillies that people can make fun of to feel better about themselves?

Maybe the Arts & Entertainment netowrk, should change their name to the Entertainment & Arts network? There sure seems to be more emphasis on entertainment than art currently with this network.

79. Teresa Says:
    July 30th, 2013 at 9:30 pm

My son is also an addict. I have leaned a lot about how the process of addiction ruins the addicts lives and the lives of those who love them. I am so very thankful to have this show to go to for hope. I love seeing the addicts retain their dignity and respect for life. Please keep the show in the air to contunue to inspire and help not only the addict but the families and friends who love them. Thank you for 13 years. I hope you come back for 13 more.

80. Faye Says:
    January 24th, 2014 at 6:59 pm

We pay for cable, our purchases support the networks and the ne show that really educated and helped so many people, is cancelled for a show which does neither…..as always it’s all about the money…….the networks give us the bull about showing these show to help..not so…shameful

Comments