Michael Clarke Duncan’s Grave Vandalized By Racist

May 25, 2013 07:21 AM by Lisa Princ

Michael Clarke Duncan passed away last Fall after suffering from cardiac arrest, and it seems as though the poor man has yet to be able to rest in peace. First, he was dragged into a cat-fight between Omarosa and LaToya Jackson this season on Celebrity Apprentice, and now, we have learned that some racist jerk has vandalized Clarke Duncan’s grave. Details inside!

Geez, will Michael Clarke Duncan ever be able to rest in peace? It appears that someone has a beef with the Green Mile actor – or is just chose a random tomb to show off their racism. According to TMZ, when a family friend recently visited Forest Lawn Cemetery in the Hollywood Hills, where Michael Clarke Duncan was laid to rest, she discovered a cartoon-ish looking black face placed in the center of Clarke Duncan’s tomb. The friend believes that the face is that of Sambo, a character that has long been considered to be offensive in depicting people of color. In layman’s terms, some racist jerk likely did this to Michael’s tomb.

Shocked and saddened by the discovery, Michael Clarke Duncan’s family immediately contacted the LAPD, who are currently investigating the situation, and said that it could definitely be considered a hate crime. Forest Lawn Cemetery has removed the Sambo from Michael Clarke Duncan’s tomb, but they insist on finding out who is responsible for placing it there.

Who would do such a nasty thing? What do you think of someone vandalizing Michael Clarke Duncan’s tomb? We know you have an opinion and we want to hear it! Comment below to share your thoughts with us.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about Celebrity Apprentice. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Apprentice Links.

Photo Credit: WENN

Topics: Celebrity Apprentice, NBC Reality TV Shows |

44 Responses to “Michael Clarke Duncan’s Grave Vandalized By Racist”

1. Michael Gehret Says:
    May 25th, 2013 at 8:57 am

A local LA artist put a smile face on Michael’s grave site not thinking it would be offensive (she claims) and it was not intended to be racist by any means. This is an update to this story. But regardless, I would have a fit if someone came along and did anything to my loved one’s gravesite. So I do not blame the family at all !

2. Anthony Says:
    May 25th, 2013 at 9:27 am

I think its f*#@&! up!!!!

3. Angela Says:
    May 25th, 2013 at 10:23 am

I think this is sad. You never heard about Mr. Clarke Duncan doing anything to anyone else. He seemed like such a cool guy. I hope this doesnt happen to anyone else. RIP Michale Clarke Duncan.

4. Rose G. Says:
    May 25th, 2013 at 10:37 am

How could someone do such a horrible thing to this fine man’s grave ? I am a caucasian female that is repulsed by racism. He was such a fine actor he deserves respect. I am still mourning the fact that he passed at such a young age and we are without his wonderful acting.

5. Kay Says:
    May 25th, 2013 at 10:50 am

Seriously, I think his publicity whore wife did this to get attention.

6. Dawn Says:
    May 25th, 2013 at 11:25 am

That is just disgraceful…He was a very good actor and I am sure a good person..no reason to do something like that…

7. Rich R Says:
    May 25th, 2013 at 2:17 pm

First of all THAT publicity WHORE is not his wife, thank God he might have had a chance to change his mind before getting married to Omorosa. She was just his Girlfriend/Fiance. And you might be right about how this happened. But either way whoever did it should be tried as a hate crime and get the fullest extent of the law and be put away for a good long time!!!!!

8. WitchyGal Says:
    May 25th, 2013 at 2:18 pm

No one should ever put a dead body in a grave or tomb. Dead bodies should be creamated and returned to the earth (or sea), but should not be preserved in a ridiculous attempt to keep the “dearly departed” around. It is beyond stupid to visit grave sites. The sillyness of it astounds me. Once the essence that animates a body departs, that body is nothing but an empty husk. The fact that so many people find it necessary to preserve the husk artificially is just too sad.

9. Linda Says:
    May 25th, 2013 at 2:19 pm

It would take low life people to do something like this. Mr. Duncan’s soul is at rest.

10. anita Says:
    May 25th, 2013 at 2:21 pm

I hope they catch the brainless idiotic morons and throw the book at them for disrespecting this wonderful and sorely missed actor. Rest in peace and may the angels be with you Michael Clarke Duncan ♥

11. patty cake Says:
    May 25th, 2013 at 2:23 pm

this is america. that’s how we are. you’d never find this in another country… unless they learned it here.

12. Mindy Says:
    May 25th, 2013 at 2:23 pm

I cannot comprehend such a horrible thing. He was a fine man and actor and seriously loved by so many. I hope they find this racist monster!

13. Shane Says:
    May 25th, 2013 at 2:27 pm

Maybe Omarosa will shut her mouth now. The stupidity she speaks is the reason this happened. The fakeness she had on the Apprentice has forced the idiots out of the wood work. What a shame, but I wish they had done this on Omarosa’s face instead!!!!!

14. Alexander Says:
    May 25th, 2013 at 2:52 pm

I hope his ghost haunts who ever is responsible

15. Duchess49 Says:
    May 25th, 2013 at 2:53 pm

this is getting so tiring of the media “playing the race card” .. look ,that little sticker can no more harm a big man like MCD.. than an ant can harm an elephant… the lamestreamedia has nothing else to do but draw focus from REAL problems in the U.S. than keep the “racist card” going propagated by people(indwelt by an evil) who knows its days are numbered…..

16. Jean Richard van Dusty Says:
    May 25th, 2013 at 3:02 pm

I didn’t know Omarosa was a racist.

17. Mary Says:
    May 25th, 2013 at 3:08 pm

I think that is so rude to place something on someone’s grave. I loved him and thought that he was such an amazing Actor with so much talent. R.I.P. Michael Clarke Duncan Everyone just needs to leave him alone. They say that Karma does come back on you.

18. Destiny Says:
    May 25th, 2013 at 3:09 pm

It’s so sad that this beautiful man with the smile that could light up the moon is being treated to such indignities. He is missed by many people, me included. REST IN PEACE~

19. kc Says:
    May 25th, 2013 at 3:15 pm

that’s a shame. it’s a coward, insecure of himself, too afraid to do it to mr.duncan when he was alive. i feel for mr. duncan and those who loved him that was a disgusting thing to do.

20. Chuck Says:
    May 25th, 2013 at 3:29 pm

THIS IS HORRIBLE…!!!

How dare she forget to leave a bottle of liqour and bucket of fried chicken…lol!

And Omagrossa is a filthy monkey! I hate negro’s, I hate you all. You are all poison to our streets, you are all blood sucking leeches.

Please die, all of you!!! You remind me of sewer rats!!!

21. Vivian Says:
    May 25th, 2013 at 3:43 pm

This shouldn’t be done to anyone’s grave at all.

22. L Beck Says:
    May 25th, 2013 at 3:46 pm

I loved him in the movies I saw him in. He seemed like a genuine person. To those of you with negative things to say about him. Karma is a bitch. You will suffer from your own negativity. To Chuck, I hope you choke to death on a chicken bone. Destiny you are a beautiful person, may god bless you!

23. Gloria Says:
    May 25th, 2013 at 3:47 pm

Sometimes people do stupid, ignorant things for no apparent reason. Or, if there is a reason they are still ignorant and stupid anyway. I hope they find the low life who did it and charge them a hefty fine for doing it. We live in world these days with evil, messed up people amongst us that do horrible things such as this. Also, people who say racist things just to say them have nothing else better to do! God knows all, sees all, and hears all. People who make racist comments need to find something better to do with their time. Their just making themselves sound stupid and lost. God doesn’t like it and takes wrongdoing serious just as the authorities on Earth do.

24. Bev Says:
    May 25th, 2013 at 3:54 pm

Come on people…Isn’t it bad enough this poor man was associated with Omarosa? This stupid bitch tried to steal everything of value before this great man was even cold. I do not even watch any show that will allow this low life to appear. Michael, REST IN PEACE. Maybe some day people will just leave you alone. But, as long as someone will give this bitch a minute in front of a camera, she will continue to use your name. I wish his family would step up and put a stop to this THING.

25. Chad Says:
    May 25th, 2013 at 3:56 pm

When will the small minded ever learn that their is NO superior race. We are all just people. We all are born with the ability to love. Turn it on, and never turn it off. Attacking anyone for any difference has no purpose, except to make you look your part. Weak. I’m tired of you bigots. Power to the people! All of us! Written, by a person. Possibly one of your family members.

26. Dwej Says:
    May 25th, 2013 at 4:02 pm

This is sad. He was a great actor. The Acting community will be a worst place with out him. And Chuck your Mama should of told you if you don’t have anything nice to say Then shut your damn mouth.

27. Tommy Says:
    May 25th, 2013 at 4:09 pm

I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Duncan. He was an unassuming person. He genuinely seemed to be as good a person as he was an actor. Whoever defaced this man’s grave should be punished. Maybe cleaning alot of graves will teach them to respect all of those who have left this earth.

28. Tash Says:
    May 25th, 2013 at 4:12 pm

@Chuck: LOL…it’s people like you…you’re the disgraceful sort of entertainment that makes humanity look bad…you’re so ignorant it’s amusing…

29. Adearlj Says:
    May 25th, 2013 at 4:12 pm

Chuck you piece of shit, who the hell are you to think only you could exist in this shitty world. You forget who the real leeches are. You need to read the history’s of this country. The real sewer rats and filthy monkey’s are the people of your race. People like you bring hate, thievery, greed and disease to this country and tried to kill off the real owners of the United States. Remember, white trashy people stole this land from the Native American Indians and they have the audacity to judge everybody else for their indiscretions, and not look at their own misdeed. Why don’t you die!!!

30. pamela Says:
    May 25th, 2013 at 4:16 pm

It is you who I really feel sorry for. We are all created by God and we all bleed red blood and it was your greedy ass leaching forefathers that sailed over to Africa because they were too dam lazy to farm their own land, always wanting a hand from a brother. You must really hate yourself and I can’t imagine a lot of people wanting to be in your company. It is your kind that kills young children, go inside of schoold and kill innocent people, shoot people in theatres who are only trying to enjoy a day in this life, then you hate all negros. I don’t hate you whatever color you are because you are an animal with a black heart. You low life you sleep with your own blood, rape your own children and siblings. In past history, you got wealthy because you took what you wanted even from a poor black girl and woman reason we are all shades of color thanks to you because your women were inadequate in bed that you had to go out to the slave quarters and sleep with a NEGRO. a RAT usually come out pink first right when he is born. I am light colored and considered black thanks to your raping of my great grand mothers who came before us. I imagine they wanted to puke when those old pink tan colored, drunk albinos crawled on top of them. AND YOU HATE US??????

31. patty Says:
    May 25th, 2013 at 4:21 pm

Another opportunity for Omarosa to make her presence known as Michael’s “finance”. You know one knew that they were supposedly engaged until after he died and she said they were. She is as disgusting as the racist that did this.

32. Victor Larrabee III Says:
    May 25th, 2013 at 4:22 pm

He will always be ” Bear” to me and my wife. He was a great actor, but more than that, he was one of the happiest and loving persons I have ever seen , especially in Hollywood. He always had a smile and a great personality. Someone like him should be left alone. If you want to do something to the man, donate something in his honor.

33. patty Says:
    May 25th, 2013 at 4:22 pm

Sorry I meant to spell out FIANCEE

34. Rain Says:
    May 25th, 2013 at 4:25 pm

Chuck: you are a racist asshole. I wouldn’t be surprised if you were potentionally on the list of suspects.

All I have to say before I claim this is a hate crime: show me a picture. Anybody can claim hate crime for any little thing done to them.

But regardless of hate crime or not: this is rude, immature & distasteful. From what I understand: Duncan was a kind man. To vandalize a dead man’s grave for an reason is pitiful. RIP Michael Clarke Duncan.

35. Cynthia Says:
    May 25th, 2013 at 4:26 pm

Oh My God. Did I just read what I think I read re: this “Chuck” psycho?

I am caucasian and I am stunned and utterly completely amazed and sickened that someone would write that.

Chuck- I think I speak for all us of: you are obviously in complete misery and hell now anyway, that’s obvious. May it continue til your last breath. POS.

36. Beps Says:
    May 25th, 2013 at 4:34 pm

Really CHUCK …Why would you post something so rude? It’s people like you that fill the world with hate and violence,and your comment is so disrespectful no matter what color a person is the deceased should be respected if they were contributing role model to society.

37. Dee Says:
    May 25th, 2013 at 4:35 pm

Chuck,

You are a racist pig and need to get the f&^% over it already!! The same one’s that you hate are going to be the one’s you need, so be careful out there!! This is 2013, a lot of the monkey’s you are speaking of are life savers and wouldn’t think twice about saving your pathetic little life. You are a disgrace to this country and need to find a time machine because those f**king days are over with!! Come up to me with the bullsh%t and you will see a monkey alright!!! Good Day, God Help You and Get a Life!!!

38. mitchbastid Says:
    May 25th, 2013 at 4:43 pm

Like some of the comments here, the headstone desecration was a demonstration of real racism, and/or juvenile stupidity. The R word gets thrown around so often by the PC crowd, we are shocked when we see an example of real racist behavior.

39. L Money Says:
    May 25th, 2013 at 4:54 pm

Chuck, you are a complete idiot. You’re not even worth a response longer than a couple of sentences (plus, that’s all you are probably able to read anyway).

40. Big Will Says:
    May 25th, 2013 at 5:02 pm

This gives people like “CHUCK” a chance to express
    there racist comments.How dare you hide behind a computer screen-while showing the world you are a racist.I won’t lower myself to your level,but I would LOVE to meet you one day.I AM A BLACK MAN,AND YOU SHOULD RESPECT THE DEARLY DEPARTED.”CHUCKY”,I LOVE TO DRINK AND EAT FRIED CHICKEN.WHY DON’T YOU BRING ME SOME.I D-A-R-E- YOU TO FACE ME.I’M ALIVE NOT DEAD.R.I.P.MR.MICHEAL CLARK DUNCAN,WE GOT YOUR BACK.Who knows CHUCK,..maybe you disfigured his grave.

41. Carolann Says:
    May 25th, 2013 at 5:16 pm

We cannot live in the world alone, so there are many races, but we are ALL one in the sight of the almighty! So, anyone who is hating should learn to STOP hating! YOU won’t get anywhere for sure, except hell bound. Now as for defacing a grace rather it is Michael Dincan’s or someone else’s, that’s appauling. God is the supreme judge, and HE sees and knows all, so “vengence is mine said the Lord”. I heard something a while back that Michael Duncan’s family was sueing Omarosa (they were suspicious of his death). I haven’t heard anything else about it lately, but the media will report it if it surfaces. I would never wish death on anyone, not even a DOG! Poor souls who think other wise!! Oh, by the way, Michaels’ soul has returned to be with the Lord, until resurrection day. Be blessed all commenters.

42. Carolann Says:
    May 25th, 2013 at 5:18 pm

For whom the bell tolls! Who knows???

43. Nancy Says:
    May 25th, 2013 at 5:35 pm

Anyone who would vandalize a grave sight should be punished to the full extent of the law. Michael Duncan was a marvelous actor and a good person. I’m so sorry his family has had to be insulted this way. I hope they find the SOB who did this.

44. MarkCG Says:
    May 25th, 2013 at 7:22 pm

I got as far as the headline, and I have to correct two serious mistakes.

Michael Clarke Duncan’s grave was not “vandalized.” An arist placed a small stone painted with a smiley face, as she has done at dozens gravesites all around the Los Angeles area, as a sign of respect, gratitude and happiness. She is not “racist.”

Comments