Adam Levine: ‘I Hate This Country’ Comment Angers Fans

May 29, 2013 08:35 AM by Stephanie Gustafson

Adam Levine is rarely thought of as a super controversial reality competition judge, especially when compared to more divisive figures such as Nicki Minaj and Simon Cowell. But things are looking a bit different this week, thanks to a rather negative comment caught on the mic during the top eight results show on The Voice. What did Adam say to stir up such heated controversy?

Apparently, Adam Levine isn’t very happy with the way America voted this week on The Voice. After the top six finalists were revealed on Tuesday night, the usually chipper judge was caught muttering, “I hate this country.” Obviously, Adam had reason to be unhappy, as his favorite contestants Sarah Simmons and Judith Hill were both eliminated. But many fans of the reality show feel that the judge’s angry response was incredibly inappropriate.

In the aftermath of last night’s remark, Adam Levine is trying to lighten the tone, insisting that his response was supposed to be funny, not divisive. And in hopes of underscoring those supposedly humorous intentions, Adam posted the definitions of words such as “joke” and “lighthearted” to his Twitter page.

Despite this explanation on Adam’s part, a number of Twitter users insist that the Adam Levine ‘I hate this country’ incident is indicative of the singer’s real attitude towards his nation. Some have gone so far as to accuse him of being a communist and not deserving of a spot on the judging panel.

What do you think? Does Adam Levine really hate America or did he just get caught in an emotional moment after his favorites were axed? Feel free to share your opinion in the comments section below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about The Voice. For other great Reality TV News, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Voice.

Photo Credit: NBC

Topics: NBC Reality TV Shows, The Voice |

135 Responses to “Adam Levine: ‘I Hate This Country’ Comment Angers Fans”

1. Rosalilia Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 9:11 am

I think that Adam was responding to the fact that America didn’t choose his team over Blakes team. I don’t believe he really “Hates this country.” He wouldn’t live here if he did. It was a poor choice of words and I really don’t think people should judge him on it. Nobody wants to be judged, so don’t judge him. We all make mistakes when we are angry or upset. I love you Adam Levine and I love all the coaches.

2. Taylor Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 9:11 am

Chill Out Adam!!!! America is a FREE country where people can make choices about MANY things, including what music they like. Just because their
    choices DON’T mirror YOURS is NO reason to act like a spoiled child!!!! Grow Up!!!!!!

Look at ALL the choices YOU are free to make (including your music and WHO YOU ARE!)

3. Leighton VanSickel Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 9:41 am

Adam, we’re not buying what you’re selling. How must Amber feel? She just got saved and you utter this comment. YOU STILL HAD TWO CONTESTANTS STANDING WHEN YOU SAID IT !! Let’s give Amber to Usher or Shakira to finish this season and let Adam go find a country he likes. I don’t know how Adam can look Amber in the face, she just got saved and he let his feelings show. This “country” buys your music, attends your concerts. Remember the Dixie Chicks, and their offhanded comment?

4. Janet T Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 9:54 am

Adam often says things like, “I’m so stupid” and I think this was one of those comments – not meant literally…at least I hope it was.

5. Amanda Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 9:54 am

Who hasn’t said stupid things out of anger. I know every American has said something related to their country at one point or another. Some are just taking this comment too serious. Give him a break already, he lost 2 of his best people in one night. Of course he’s going to be angry and upset. I still love him and think he’s sexy.

6. Unspoken Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 10:13 am

Let him speak his mind. If he says he hates this country, so what? What does anyone else care? Just saying.

7. Bonnie Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 10:29 am

I think he was caught up in the disappointment, do not believe for a minute that he hates our country, or is a communist. Love Adam and sometimes our mouth overrides our head. Give it a rest.

8. Erick Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 10:35 am

I totally agree with Adam. The country voted by popularity. Judith Hill was obviously the biggest talent and should have won that show. When a guy like Bieber actually wins awards you know some thing is wrong. Anyway, doesn’t hate the country, just how they voted. Damn everything has to spelled out all the time these days.

9. Bill Doss Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 10:41 am

Adam Levine is suppose to be a professional and until last night, highly thought of as well as highly regarded. No, there is no room for such remarks and especially with our country facing war-
    fronts and young men and women laying down their
    lives daily. Too, our nation is facing hard times
    with the ongoing threat of terrorist attacks, problems with Congress and the Senate, and our President on going challenges. Though we are all
    human and do make mistakes . . . . its the magnitude of ones remarks in this particular time when one is on national television and knowing ones microphone may be on is not a unknown situation which occurs. There is no LIGHTEN IT UP or JOKE . . . its insulting to American people and what we stand for and what Adam Levine has enjoyed . . . Freedom and the right for success.
    Remember the ” Dixie Chicks “. We may have our problems in the U.S.A, but we take any remark about our country, negative, seriously.
    ” You can’t fix stupid !”

10. Tania Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 10:45 am

11. Debbie Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 11:10 am

This and other singing reality shows are FOR the American public and voted on by the public. It’s not Adam Levines choice. And while the public in general may not be a judge of “great talent”, they know what they like to listen to and therefore would spend money on. And really, isn’t that what it’s all about with singers? Money???

12. Jason Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 11:16 am

Well, anyone who thinks Adam really hates the US must be an idiot.. he said it in jest people so calm down…

13. dr.buddy Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 11:19 am

then get out loser. and take your trash with you

14. Joe Buckley Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 11:26 am

I think Adam was just upset over his two favorite singers being voted off. That comment has been made by many people who have an undying loyalty to this country. I can understand why he would make such a statement.

15. christopher Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 11:32 am

adam is/was right on both counts. he was visibly frustrated and flustered by the idiotic voting on the show, AND I don’t think that he really hates the country but does find the voting populace incredibly stupid.

I think adam should leave the show. I know that after last night, I am not going to waste any more of my time watching it. it has happened before during this season and prior years that folks with visibly more talent get sent home while less capable singers remain longer.

blake’s team has 3 of the final 6??! please, give me a break. they are ok, but they do nothing but vanilla country songs, take few-to-no chances, and clearly don’t have the talent to be in the top 6, save maybe one (Danielle). the competition is becoming a joke, but the joke will not be on me and my family, and we will leave the show for the morons who ruin it to enjoy as much as they can..

‘the voice’ is supposed to be about the singing and performances, not pity votes for country or whatever, due to current events, etc. it’s pathetic, and I completely understand adam’s frustration. if I were him, I would leave the show, as it is clearly becoming a big waste of time and will be hard for an authentic artist and professional to stomach on an ongoing basis..

16. Sandra Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 11:48 am

If you feel that way GET OUT AND DON’T LET THE DOOR HIT YOU IN THE A**

17. merp Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 11:55 am

I feel you, Adam. I do too.

18. Jenn M Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 12:08 pm

But yet they love terrorists.. go figure.

19. Judi Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 12:10 pm

People grow up. Of course he doesn’t hate this country. Stop looking for something to stir up, find something better to do. How many time have you utterd things you didn’t really mean. Stop taking things out of context and blowing it into what’s it’s not and trying to make him look bad. I’m not even a big Adam Levine fan and I have enough sense to know it was just a comment, nothing mean about it. Grow up!

20. al Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 12:12 pm

Who?

21. Lis Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 12:17 pm

please… Adam got caught in the moment. But not pertaining to the show and in a different stance.. our country is getting much more difficult for people to live in. I hate that people can’t find decent paying jobs… I hate Obamacare… I hate that we’re becoming a nation who places foreigners before our own… soooo yeah, there’s a lot to hate right now.

22. zinger Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Really? You can’t be an American citizen and not expect to be hated. Get over it, America.

23. sherri clayton Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 12:25 pm

It’s called freedom of speech, get over it.

24. Brian Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 12:28 pm

The death penalty seems fair.

25. Dianne Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 12:34 pm

Everyone in the heat of a moment says something they may of not should have said, I feel Levine did just that… Are we going to forget the greatness for just one stupid remark not me … He is a great friend even though he does not know me, I like him as a person like everyone make mistake. I forgive you, who throw the first stone and thinks he is so perfect is not, FORGIVE THE MISTAKE…..

Dianne

26. Jamie Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 12:35 pm

Seriously, if you think that he was serious, you are a complete and total moron. Get the stick out of your butt and lighten up. A communist? Are you kidding me? The people who took this seriously, should not ever be allowed to joke, ever. Since they obviously cannot recognize a joke when they hear one.

27. Isonisnibiru Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 12:46 pm

This Illuminati show will do ANYTHING for ratings and viewers on its downhill spiral……disgusting!

28. Ryan Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 12:51 pm

this is much ado about nothing. Can’t a person say something off the cuff, even if it came out wrong and not be persecuted. I love this country, but anyone can see that’s not what he meant by this. And, even if he did, it’s his right to hate it.That’s what makes this country great!

29. Juice Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 12:52 pm

Hats off to Levine. I hate it too. Americans are stupid. Period.

30. Keisha Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 12:56 pm

Lighten up people! I didn’t hear Adam make this comment, but when they announced the final results last night I said “What?! America sucks!”. Keep calm and Switch to Reading Books.

31. Joe Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 12:58 pm

Terribly inappropriate and insensitive!!!! Is he not on a show where opinion and votes matter? This comment crosses the line… And, instead of apologizing, he says it was just “a joke”. Mr. Levine, an apology is in order to those Americans who fight everyday, so that we can live the way we do… those Americans who would gladly sacrifice in honor of our country… and, most importantly, to those families and members who have paid the ultimate sacrifice so YOU can live the way you do… try telling them, it was “a joke”, try telling them, you hate this country.

32. Isa Vera Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 1:01 pm

This is just crazy. People these days take everything so literally. I am sure every person jokes around and says things that aren’t meant to be taken seriously. Get a life!

33. Joaquin Ticonderoga Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 1:12 pm

We all say stupid things that we later regret. I believe this is the situation here and we shouldn’t make a big deal out of it! I recall when Pia Toscano was voted off of American Idol and because she was my favorite and probably the best contestant that year, I exploded saying all kinds of stupid things about that show. So I understand Adam Levine’s reaction and I really hope he doesn’t hate this country.

34. MICHAEL Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 1:12 pm

IN THE END ONLY 1 CAN WIN AND IN MY OPINION DANIELLE AND AMBER ARE THE ONES TO BEAT BUT LOOK OUT FOR MICHELLE. NEXT WEEK I LOOK FOR SASHA AND EITHER HOLLY OR THE SWAN BROTHERS TO LEAVE. REGARDLESS THE TALENT ON THE VOICE BLOWS THE IDOL PERFORMERS AWAY AND JUST ABOUT EVERYONE LEFT ON THE VOICE HAS A CAREER IN MUSIC.ALL OF THESE JUDGES ARE AWSOME

35. Anne Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 1:16 pm

How about realizing he is just another spoiled, entitled entertainer and nothing more. Baby didn’t get his way so he had an inappropriate tantrum. He is a wanker. Now move on.

36. Casey Hitchcock Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 1:23 pm

I don’t think Adam Levine hates America. Come on, people! He was just upset that some of his team members were voted off. He was caught up in the moment. This is a completely different situation than, oh say, the Dixie Chicks patriotism fiasco from a few years back. It was a bad joke that got taken out of context. Get over it.

37. Deb Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 1:33 pm

Boot him off as judge.

38. Skip Crough Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 1:43 pm

Maybe it wasn’t the best choice of words but if everybody were judged based on an impromptu statement, the citizens of this world would be in a lot of trouble. Statements like, “I could just die right now” or “Would somebody just shoot me?” etc. would carry a whole different and grave meaning.

Perhaps a more appropriate phrase may have been, “I hate the people who watch and vote for the contestants of this show which gives me an outrageous income for sitting here judging others.”

39. gail Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 1:48 pm

Everyone who is upset over this needs to just calm down. He DID NOT mean that he literally hates the USofA. He was talking about the voting public. Geez people, he should not be fired over this.

40. Scottie Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 1:49 pm

He said those comments after Amber was saved not after the top 6 was revealed, he was obviously frustrated that America didn’t vote his way. No need to blow it out of context and make it sound like he said it after his 2 girls was eliminated cause that was not the case.

41. Sandy Rufsvold Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 1:50 pm

Adam was just frustrated with the viewing audience and I have to say I am very dissapointed too.

42. Me Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 1:59 pm

ADAM was pissed that two of the best singers were let go! It’s called emotions. He is not a communist, nor does he hate this Country. People need to lay off the angry pills and stop taking things so damn serious. Adam is a wonderful artist and judge, he has won the competition and his band has many record sales that show just how talented he is.
    I guess some of you are lucky to have never let emotions take the best of you… and for that, keep dreaming you are perfect!

43. Clancy Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 2:06 pm

Hey Adam, go fuck yourself. I went to war for this country which I love and disagree with but to even utter those words for a fucking talent show if you left tomorrow i wouldnt miss you. Ungrateful P.O.S

44. Estelle Matthews Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 2:06 pm

I doubt that Adam is a communist!!! In my opinion Adam was speaking in the heat of the moment, all of us have done that at some point. I feel exactly what he meant. If voting is strickly for talent then those two women should still be on the show. Adam’s response was like many many others felt. At times voting is not for talent and if we all are truthful about things, it’s about the color of ones skin. Until things get better in this country with race relations we will continue to get comments like this. I say the way to go Adam and I feel you!!!!

45. Ro Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 2:25 pm

I don’t think Adam meant anything by his statement.

46. Lycois Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 2:28 pm

Feel free to leave anytime and take Bieber with you.

47. Pat Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 2:44 pm

I don’t think that people should be so quick to judge Adams comments. I believe it was frustration on his, not an actual hatred for our country. Anyone who knows, knows that Adam is just as loyal a patriot as the rest of us. But there was some truth to what he said. There are so many times with these completion shows where the American public shows its stupidity. There were people who were voted safe on last nights show that clearly were not as talented as the two women who were voted off. It makes the show a joke rather than a true talent completion. Sadly, last nights voting decision put the Voice in the same poor category as American Idol. I personally stopped watching American Idol because the truly deserving people kept getting voted off while those less talented were kept. Now the Voice is following suit. The music industry needs more diversity . It does not need another 20 clones of the singers already out there. But the people who could offer that diversity don’t get the recognition they deserve. The voting decision last night on the Voice to eliminate Judith Hill and Sarah Simmons simply showed how stupid the American public can be and proves to show that these types of decisions don’t belong in their hands. I totally agree with Adams frustration. People can hate me for my opinion, but to call Adam a communist is ridiculous ad the people saying it know that.

48. David Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 2:58 pm

He is a traitor and in the old days traitors would be distinguished swiftly.Oh how i miss the old day.

49. tydub Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 3:38 pm

If he hates the country then what’s big deal I’m sure he’s not the only one who feels that way and in this country he has the right to hate anything he wants to hate.

50. alanagrohl Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 3:40 pm

amen to you Adam!I mean seriously there are rarely any great singers anymore its really sad actually when you have bands like One Direction and justin bieber shit honestly I dont agree with these “reality shows” and “you tube” the people o there dont even know what its like to actually put EVERYTHING they have to make a band example: Nirvana they started in a garage, they starved,they had a shitty, real sound so everyone fell in love and they became one of the biggest rock bands in the world

51. Greg Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 3:47 pm

Gee, I thought everyone had freedom of speech in this country. Afterall, over a million American soldiers have given their lives for these freedoms. Popular speech doesn’t need protecting and the 1st amendment is meaningless if we all agree. Levine has a fundamental right to express his feelings.

52. Grant Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 3:53 pm

As if Adam Levine’s music is anything but shite.

53. david Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 3:59 pm

I think Adams comment was taken out of context. The media does that a lot, they sell drama. I agree with his disappointment…Judith Hill goes home while the Swon brothers move on, REALLY!! The brothers should have gone home weeks ago, but I guess their female fans vote for their good looks instead of talent. Judith is a polished young performer who should still be in the competition!

54. Tina Lester Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 4:06 pm

You are just dumb or stupid if you don’t know what he meant. Duh!!

55. Steve Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 4:37 pm

the fact that people are even debating this means they have no sense of humor and need to get a life.

If this is how “our country” responds to a funny guy saying something tounge in cheek, then I’m ashamed to live here

and the fact that this is even a story is obnoxious

now write a whole article on me hating this country while your at it.

MY GOD

Steve

56. David Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 5:29 pm

Free speech should not be confused with loose talk.It’s funny how libs always hide behind stuff but never stand up for what is right.Just like their pickle head lookin leader.

57. Mantha Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 5:48 pm

I love how you idiots get all riled up about what one man says, especially when it’s about a country.

58. Mark Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 6:10 pm

Who is Adam Levine anyway?

59. Kerian Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 6:12 pm

I totally understand Adams frustration. How can Michelle from the Usher Team, and the Swon Brothers continue while Sara and Judith are eliminated? This is utter foolishness, the real talents were sent home.

I guess Amber would feel slighted by Adam after the comments but he is right, America got it wrong because Amber is certainly not better than Sara and definitely not close to Judith.

60. Telly Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 6:19 pm

It’s not that big of a deal. More than half the people that are pissed about his comment don’t even know about The Voice or what happened on the show.

Just as Tania said– “Remember when you were a kid and you said you hated your parents when you didn’t get your way? Yeah, same thing is happening here.”

61. howard Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 6:22 pm

We’ve all said things that have come out way different than it was meant. This is no different.

62. omonortsa Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 6:22 pm

the fact that a significant number of Americans actually care enough about this non-story to comment only corroborates his sentiment.

63. Allen Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 6:32 pm

“I hate this country” cannot be taken out of context as this was the only thing he said in that segment. Professionals are supposed to always act professional and that is why they are paid so much money. They need to be held to a higher standard. His Freudian slip “WAS” noticed by the whole country. I am proud to say I am not Adam Levine and I do LOVE this country. God Bless the USA………. Adam you have a lot of sucking up to do. Don’t forget about your last to leave contestant either. Just imagine how she feels after your insensitive remark. Irrespective=lacking in respect,functioning without regard to others=======(Adam Levine)….
    All gave some, some gave all and Adam just said “I hate this country”………..

64. Anonymous Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 6:38 pm

Yet more proof that much attention to irrelevant parts of American society can spark an even less relevant debate over something that does not matter.

65. Cathy Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 6:43 pm

Chill out people! As stated, this IS a free country, and Adam is allowed to express his disappointment at losing two awesome artists in a single stroke. ‘This country’ in the form of the voters were the cause of these artists going home.

I hate people who over react. OH NO!!! Now I’m going to be vilified like Adam!

If all of us were on the hook for comments we have made when angry or upset, we might be in jail for multiple crimes. Anyone ever ‘threatened’ to kill a friend for playing a practical joke on you?

66. Mike Cheney Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 6:46 pm

Sorry you feel that way Adam. If that’s how you feel then PLEASE LEAVE! It was good enough for Shane O’connor so go for it! Anyone complaining about life in America should be dropped in another country (any other country) and see how quick they see how good they had it in the USA.

67. Mike Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 6:58 pm

Bill Doss – you are an idiot. Adam is on a reality show on TV. It has nothing to do with war or soldiers. Get a life. People like you are the real problem. Everything is not a crisis. Get out and live a little and stop acting like everything is a national threat.

68. leumeister Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 7:05 pm

THIS IS AMARICA IF YOU DO NOT LIKE IT FEEL FREE TO LEAVE>>>

69. Jerry Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 7:14 pm

I think we all have said something like that. People say meaningless things that you have nothing to worry about. Adam is a joker and obviously if you cared then you would know Adam was JOKING!

70. Gertrude Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 7:18 pm

Omigosh if you guys are fans of Adam Levine and you are worrying about this than you should know Adam wouldn’t really have meant it. Adam is a great judge on the Voice and no one would watch it if he was kiched off because of this silly thing.
    Thats just my opinion.
    ~Gertrude

71. jess Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 7:23 pm

It’s OK Adam, come to Canada, we love you here!

you guys are so stupid who take this seriously… overly sensitive idiots. The competition is open to THE WHOLE COUNTRY. aka, I hate the (voting population who voted the 2 most talented people off) aka “THIS COUNTRY”. Jeeze…

72. steelman Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 7:28 pm

merp if you hate this country so much move to bagdad and try that hole for awhile.
    ps dont come back

73. elbert rowley Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 7:29 pm

the last time i checked, we all have the right to speak our opinion … i love my country because we can speak our minds, without fear of reprisal

74. bill Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 7:31 pm

Well, I hate him. By the way, who is he? I never heard of him. Maybe he should go to China, North Korea or Cuba where they might like him.

75. Adrienne Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 7:32 pm

I think it was an emotional response.

76. John Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 7:40 pm

I understand how he feels! But facing facts this country re-elected Barrack Obama, what would you expect.

77. Steven Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 7:40 pm

You know he could have meant “country” as in music seeing how well Blake’s team did. He is more of a pop star of late. Too much political correctness.

78. Tricia Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 7:50 pm

Everyone who thinks he is a communist is taking this a bit far. He was UPSET!! We have all said ridiculous things. You know the saying about “Glass houses…”

Give the man a break!

79. Hebrew Slave Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 7:51 pm

Just like the kid who lost and got phissed when we were little. I did it, you did it. We got over it. He really thought his gals were the best and he should. I saw a coach who cared about his team and wanted to win. I would play for that guy any day…

80. Cass Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 7:52 pm

Gheesh cracks me up people are so worried about what some judge on some show says. If his thinking is like mine than i can understand why he said it. Americans are morons and i hate them also Adam!!! They should not be picking talent because as you can see the talent they pick sucks!!!! So who cares remember this is America where your allowed to speak your mind and those who don’t like it I bet they are the morons!

81. Bill Fox Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 7:57 pm

I don’t think this bozo is any more anti-American than any other ignorant hollywood idiot who has made a fortune with a tiny bit of talent, a whole lot of luck and the intelligence of a mollusk.

82. Sandy Johnson Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 7:58 pm

I think Adam got caught up in the emotion of losing his contestants. All the judges feel their contestants are the best and deserve to win. When the public votes them out they react to that emotion. Let’s give Adam a break and take it the way he meant it.

83. Michelle Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 8:02 pm

oh common guys lighten up! He even have an LA tattoo on his arm. So go figure??? the guy must loved & be very proud of his roots!
    He’s probably just sad and wanted to lighten things up by making a comment like that.

We Love You ADAM!!!! California babyyyyyyy

84. Charlotte Hughes Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 8:02 pm

Poor Adam. He made a mistake, probably out of anger. Now, ANGRY people are calling him a communist. How do all of you know so much about communism? You must be communists. Are you “getting it” as to how dumb you sound?

85. Donald Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 8:09 pm

If Adam doesn’t like this country he should pack his bags and LEAVE.

86. adam h Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 8:10 pm

i dont bame him. this country is freaking stupid sometimes. someone please tell me this country isnt at all messed up.
    obesity, stupid government, idiot president.

people with no musical taste whatsoever.

id say his comment was only frowned upon because people hate hearing the truth. adam, screw all these idiots. its a free country, say whatever the hell you want to brotha.

87. Donald Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Steve Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 4:37 pm
    You too can pack your bags and LEAVE.

88. A Patriot Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 8:11 pm

#1. Adam’s comment was highly inappropriate and insulting to those of us who love the USA and would lay down their lives for it.

#2. For those who don’t see it that way, move to China or Russia, or Iraq or Iran. A comment like his from a resident of those countries would have you instantly shot, no questions asked.

#3. Freedom of speech does not mean you can say whatever you want whenever you want. Examples are screaming fire in a crowded theater when there is no fire and the intent is to insight panic, slanderous comments, lying under oath, etc. Just a flag burning is an action of hatred against the US, comments such as Adams for something as menial as a game show.

#4. Many people have been fired from their jobs for inappropriate comments less serious than Adams. He should be fired. And, no…this is not a “joke”.

89. thomas quinn Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 8:18 pm

Weve all said something out of anger or emotions that wasn’t meant to come out as it did, lighten up people but if you all need a scape goat for all the dumb things youv’e said that never meant to say , then you got your guy. Feel better about yourself now. Good !!!

90. Adam Levinesucks Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 8:20 pm

Adam should give his fortune back to America and move.

91. JD Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 8:30 pm

Eff that stuff Adam get a gun and shoot something and you’ll love this country. YEEE HAWWWW MOFOs……..Give me a break you stupid ass media keep digging for a real story!!!

92. Tom Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 8:34 pm

Dixie Chicks….who?
    Adam Levine….who?

Back your bags then Bubba.

93. Joel day Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 8:35 pm

Lets deport to Timbatu and give citisenship to all low breakers, 12 milion?

Lets deport him to Timbatu and give citsenship to all lowbreakers, 12 milion.He is not a good person, he pays a lots of taxes, he creates jobs for many people crucifi him.

Lets

94. sheer Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 8:40 pm

Really, people?! So much hooplah?! Do we need to liken this comment to communism and terrorism? Get over ourselves! Maybe this should be one of those shows that does not rely on America to decide the winner. After all, America has been known to get it wrong repeatedly in other competitions, thereby compromising the integrity of these shows. It is a singing talent show, not a “what kind of music I like” show.

95. bob Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 8:41 pm

It has nothing to do with the country he lives in. Just the morons that vote for people that can not sing.

96. John Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 8:42 pm

I am a soldier and have served this country that I love will all my heart proudly through three combat tours in Iraq. There have been times when I was upset with things in this country, such as the awful job our government is doing running this country. But, I have NEVER and NEVER would say, “I hate this country”. Those words would never EVER be spoken out of this mouth. Especially not when I sit on national television with a microphone in front of me. I don’t care what Adam says he meant, in my opinion, he should relinquish his judge’s seat to someone that loves this country, someone like Toby Keith maybe. I do not feel that ANYONE that says with any meaning that they hate my country should be in the spotlight in my country. Like M.C. Hammer told Sinead Oconnor when she said she hated this country, “then get the hell out, I will even buy his plane ticket”.

97. Eric Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 8:42 pm

Adam doesn’t hate this country, he was upset! OMG to the people who think he was out of line, chill out. Have you never been upset. You get upset, you express yourself. Unfortunately for him, he had a mic on.
    Personally I think a couple of the best singers were voted off. It was upsetting. But that’s show biz.

98. Nina Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 8:42 pm

I hope you don’t really mean that! My goodness, after all the success and you hate this country! Well, leave then!!! America won’t be missing you a beat!!!

99. Rany Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 8:45 pm

He doesn’t hate the country, just the STUPID people in it! :))

100. Paul Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 8:51 pm

Oh, come on. Obviously Adam doesn’t hate America anymore than Natalie Maines (formerly of the Dixie Chicks) does. It was a toss-away comment made in the heat of an emotional moment. Like all of the judges on “The Voice,” he puts his heart and energy into helping his team members do their best. I was also shocked that Judith Hill was eliminated and am sure lots of profanities were uttered in front of TV sets across America last night. Unfortunately, Adam had mic and an audience in front of him. I heard his remark as “How could people who voted do this to Sarah and Judith?” Nothing more than that.

101. Anthony M. Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 8:56 pm

As a patriotic American I’m not the least bit offended. Adam was simply frustrated because he believes two of the most talented singers are out. Don’t forget Adam: A lot of voters are young teenage girls that voted for the Doublemint country twins, and young men that voted for the young “hot” girls, just because they think they’re attractive; talent is secondary to this demographic, it’s the Abercrombie Effect.

102. aaron Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 8:56 pm

Our country once in the top with education it is no 26th and lover it goes. America is built on fast food and short attention spans. oh and let not for get our greatest export Arms. Lets think about it has there been a country that we have gone into to and made better no.. NOT one. There are to many People that Believe in Fox News and CNN as Absolute truths. this is way Adam said what he did to be blunt

103. J Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 8:59 pm

No problem, Adam. We surge high or plunge low in the moment. We’ve all done it in our own moments.

104. Sammy Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 9:01 pm

Adam is Awesome and so is America! You know what’s even more awesome this Flour Challenge video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiRpbnCE_hc

105. aijay46 Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 9:09 pm

steve couldn’t have said it better myself.

106. Charlee Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 9:31 pm

Obama hates this country and I don’t read comments where people are pissed at him. he is supposed to uphold our constitution and he is ripping it apart. I think that obamas hatred for this country is far more serious that adam Levine saying something under his breath. Direct your hateful comments to the right person, Obama not Levine.

107. Rednecks live in Washington State Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 9:42 pm

I think he meant- I hate this country music… but he said it when Amber was chosen. That makes it strange. Now I hope she wins. I didn’t care before.

108. Desi Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 9:43 pm

Ok first, I highly doubt he hates America and for all you saying he should be sentenced to death, kicked off the show, or exiled your just as ridiculous as Adams comment. Second Sarah should not have gone home that I agree with however Judith Hill could not sing at all she rode the coat tails of being Michael Jacksons backup singer. Lastly any judge on that show even blake would have been highly upset losing two artists in one week. Blake Sheltons team is awesome but Michelle Shamuel is the BEST>

109. Jim Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 9:48 pm

I was a joke. Plus he said it just before his two contestants were eliminated so all he knew was at least one of his was going home. I can’t believe anyone who watches the show regularly would not realize it was said in a joking manner.

110. Patrick Brown Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 9:48 pm

Adam, You are far too smart to make comments like this; I do not take you seriously, but there are millions of those out there whom you have forever lost their credibility. Many (most) of us have been in “high play” circumstances often involving national opinion and lost; fortunately we did not express our opinion so openly over an open microphone. An example of emotional studpidity of which I, myself, is guilty.

111. Bryan Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 9:50 pm

Adam, some people just take things way too personally. I’m pretty sure I’ll get bashed for saying this, but I have said “I hate this country” in anger before, and the people around me SURELY didn’t act like I was a communist/terrorist for the remark. Yes, the microphone being on was bad, but even if it weren’t on, you’re STILL entitled to say whatever the HE** you want. Reading some of these folks comments make me hate some of the people that make up this country… Anyway, I feel you Adam, I’m not offended, NOR do I think you meant any harm in saying what you did. Keep doing you, and unfortunately, just be careful what you say in public. I still think you’re an American, and I’ll still watch the show.

112. DR. Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 9:59 pm

People say they hate things all the time. Everyone who is making this a crisis needs to get a life. I guess after serving in the Navy for 6 years if I said I hate this country out of frustration then I have to go find another country “I like”. Have you served? Not necessarily defending his comment but his right to make the comment because that what makes America great and sometimes…

113. Fred Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 10:03 pm

Adam may have thought it was funny but it was inappropriate. Whether or not he really hates this country is only part of the issue. As a judge he did his thing and no one hated him. Since America did not agree with him, he was a sore loser. The contest in not about who Adam thinks is best but who America thinks is best. Stars need to learn to be quite when it is not their turn to speak!
    I was not a fan of his poor judgment….funny or not!

114. Barb Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 10:12 pm

I heard him say it but didn’t get overly excited about it. I’m sure he didn’t mean it the way it sounded. He was frustrated on how America voted and calling him a communist..smh.. Chill out people. However, if Adam feels Sarah and Judith are that good then he should help them any way he can in spite of America’s votes.

115. Vee Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 10:14 pm

You people are stupid! Oh, wait…did I just say that? Sorry, I got a little heated for the moment. Ha! Pff. I, like many people who get caught up in a disappointing or angry moment, say things like that. Adam Levine doesn’t “hate this country,” of course, but he had a poor choice of words in a time like this. Y’all taking this wayyyyyyy too seriously. Go eat a cookie and relax. Geez.

116. goodforsomethin Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 10:20 pm

If you’re happy and you know it calp your hands *clap* *clap*
    Just wondering how many people actually read these comments. I, however, did and they all seemed to say the same thing; either “get the F**** out or “don’t blame him he was just angry.”
    When did the loyalty of America become based on a reality TV show? Do Americans actually watch the news these days and find out what reality is all about. No he didn’t mean he hated this country literally just the stupid Americans basing their reality of this country on a stupid TV show. Serioously people go outside, enjoy some frsh air and open your eyes to what is really going on in the world. This show and the comments made have othing to do with the war in Iraq. If you want to comment about that try watching CNN for a change instead of The Voice!

117. C Wilkinss Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 10:23 pm

Newsflash. This is America and you have the right to speak against the country. America is the land, the people, the things you don’t like. Troops are fighting for our freedom and you don’t get to tell people what to say. America freedom of speech there is no “I hate America” off with your head, that’s why we broke away from England

118. Jim Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 10:35 pm

Leader of Moron 5 sings about pay phones 10 years after their extinct… Hates this country, actually I’m amazed that this moron is a millionare because of the people in this country. What a waste of human flesh and oxygen..

I bet if he had his balls in a vice and sang about telegraphs people in this country would throw millions of their dollars at him…

119. terry kimble Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 10:36 pm

what’s so shocking about what he said? isn’t that what every liberal hollywood celebrity says?

120. Tabtiha Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 10:39 pm

I think that the people in this country are offended way too easily. The fact that a comment made in light that may heave been a bit non-PC has “angered” fans is stupid. Grow up, people, it was a comment. Free speech, and he didn’t even mean it. Get a sense of humor.

121. Estelle Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 10:42 pm

The remark most naturally was made out of total frustration we should all be smart enough to know that. America got it wrong!! Adam’s people should have been chosen….

122. WhoIsThisToeRag Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 11:38 pm

Who the @#$! is Adam Levine? Never heard of this P.O.S.

You hate the country that’s making you rich? Good, maybe when you’re out of a cushy, vapid job w/in a day or two, you’ll REALLY hate us, you mouthy little punk. >(

123. Denise Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 11:47 pm

Sarah Simmons clearly should have been in the top two and was eliminated much too early. Mark my word… both Sarah Simmons and Judith Hill have already been offered record contracts! and Adam’s comment made out of frustration isn’t a big deal, during the announcement of the final winner I said to myself “American’s are stupid” to vote Sarah Simmons off. I wasn’t concerned about Judith Hill because she should have never been allowed in this competition anyway she had an unfair advantage of being a professional singer and a friend of Usher’s.

124. Christina Says:
    May 30th, 2013 at 12:07 am

Who cares if he doesn’t like America? I’ve lived here my whole life and sometimes I hate it too. But people really shouldn’t be making a big deal out of it.

125. Sarah Says:
    May 30th, 2013 at 12:33 am

If there is an America that doesn’t ‘hate’ this country once in a while then you are not living in this country. Democracy breeds frustration.

126. Sky Song Says:
    May 30th, 2013 at 12:47 am

I have to wonder about the people who win these contests. They are always people who play a type of music I don’t like, while the candidates I do like, don’t win, but often go on to have much more successful careers than the ones who did win.

The following people who I like all came in second: Susan Boyle, Jackie Evancho, Rhydian Roberts, Connie Talbot, Crystal Bowersox, Sung Bong Choi.

I think people vote based on reasons other than music, like that they think the winner has a nice sob story and needs the money.

Also, I think the main population of these shows may not be the sort who actually buy music recordings. They are more into the TV show.

Anyway, we now know that Judith Hill had been offered recording contracts before. I hope she will be again — and now will be willing to take those contracts which she wasn’t before when she did not want to make money off Michael Jackson’s death.

127. Sky Says:
    May 30th, 2013 at 1:28 am

There are much more important things happening than dissecting what someone says. Like none of you have ever made a mistake. It’s such a shame that we have heard PC comments for so long that even when someone is up front and honest or was just venting, you can’t handle it and you throw things way out of porportion. It’s petty and it’s sad that you get easily offended by anything and everything. You can’t even breathe without offending someone nowadays. Calling Adam a communist was hilarious. Do you people not understand what communism is? Why don’t you ask Obama to clear that up? He’s trying to pass a law that will make him stay president for as long as he wants. Then, he’s going to do away with paper money and healthcare. He’ll make it so that you have no choice and no freedom to do what you want. Well, unless you accept the chip. Adam was just letting off steam. He’s not trying to take away our rights. America is truly turning into one wimpy country. We shouldn’t have to powder your bottoms or stroke your ego. Grow a spine. When you’re able to handle the honest truth without being offended then you have matured. Get over yourselves. I’m positive that all of us has said something or hated something. When you stop making mistakes, you are the perfect human being, never had another bad thought, then you can say something. We all know that’ll never happen. I don’t walk on eggshells. I hate PC. I’m never malicious and I tell the truth in a respectful way. PC does NOT equal manners. I think PC = a liar/deceitful person.

128. Mark A. Says:
    May 30th, 2013 at 1:35 am

Bullshit. You guys need to read your history books. Several ignorant people, yelling about an off comment made by a B-rate celebrity on a stupid reality show. Way to go “Merika”. Pretty Hilarious! I love it when people talk about the “good old” days when people would be taken away if they ever expressed a negative comment about America. Good old days. Really?

129. Rebecca Says:
    May 30th, 2013 at 4:11 am

If Adam Levine really hated this country, I’m sure that he would not be living here. This country and its flag serve as a beacon of freedom for all the world to see. We have freedom here, we caan choose whatever we want here, and that’s why I will never live any where else. Perhaps he was just disappointed in the choices that American fans made. I also feel that Sara and Judith should not have been voted off. Oh well…..

130. Cairilyn Says:
    May 30th, 2013 at 4:17 am

People are so judgemental and then just plain ole mental. They latch on to every little comment and try and make such a big deal out of it. There are far worse things coming out of the mouths of other so called celebrities that people fawn over and yet Adam gets nailed to the wall for a snipe. I don’t blame him I was very disappointed in Americas choices, but in the end none of it is a killing offense, so quit crucifying Adam over the small stuff.

131. Yulister Says:
    May 30th, 2013 at 4:59 am

With the way everyone is overreacting, I hate this country too.

132. Anita Says:
    May 30th, 2013 at 7:44 am

the difference in saying what you want in a moment of frustration…is that he is on live tv…if people on tv shows were allowed to say these types of things…there would be no tv to watch…I’m sure all the judges are very upset when they lose or they think the wrong choice was made…but I believe they know they cannot say certain things…he should have said America got it wrong or something to that effect….I’m not judging him…I just think he should have known better…and waited til his mike was off…or not said it at all

133. voicefan Says:
    May 30th, 2013 at 10:18 am

I hate this country. There I said it!!, but I would be the first to fight and die defending my country. Am I a communist? Or am I just expressing my unhappiness (or frustration) of a single event. My opinion is Adam’s comment was a poor choice of words, spoken lightly indicating his frustration with loosing two singers.

134. Beverly Harris Says:
    May 30th, 2013 at 6:19 pm

Pretty strong words just over some singers. Need to grow up buddy.

135. Carol P Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 8:55 pm

Adam’s words were obviously said out of frustrated with the voting results. When I heard it, I immediately knew he was saying that he hated how the public voted, not the United States itself.

Comments