Adam Levine Issues Statement Following ‘I Hate This Country’ Comment

May 29, 2013 03:51 PM by Donna W. Martin

The Voice judge, Adam Levine stepped on some toes last night and even angered some when he spouted off a comment saying, “I hate this country.” But did he mean it? Or was he just angry about the outcome of this week’s vote? Levine released a statement via NBC to set the record straight. Keep reading for more details.

According to ET Online, Levine doesn’t hate America; he was just aggravated and voiced his personal dissatisfaction because two members of his team were voted off during last night’s result show.

Levine released a statement via NBC explaining his comment. “I obviously love my country very much and my comments last night were made purely out of frustration,” he said. “Being a part of The Voice, I am passionately invested in my team and want to see my artists succeed.”

He went on to say last night’s elimination of Judith and Sarah was very emotional for him and left him feeling confused. And as a result, he voiced his dissatisfaction by saying he hated this country. But what he really meant was he hated the outcome of the vote and that his team members were leaving the competition.

Levine is very connected with his artists and said regardless of the outcome of the show, he knows they have long careers ahead of them.

What did you think of Levine’s hate comment? Do you think he was out of line? And what about the statement he released afterwards? We know you have an opinion and we want to hear it so sound off in the comments section and let us know.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about The Voice. For other great Reality TV News, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Voice.

Photo Credit: NBC

Topics: NBC Reality TV Shows, The Voice |

8 Responses to “Adam Levine Issues Statement Following ‘I Hate This Country’ Comment”

1. rosa Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 4:07 pm

I know how Adam feels , I was so upset also , I am ok with Judith going but not Sarah, its ok Adam I understand your outburst!!!

2. Commish Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 7:17 pm

Adam is typical of an over-ego rich guy who is in way over his head. Adam is the weak link in the show and should take up farming or something else.

3. faman Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 7:34 pm

Most of us have said things when angry or upset that didn’t come out reflecting what we really meant. Our comments just don’t tend to get aired before we get a chance to cool off and clarify our feelings.

4. Missy Says:
    May 29th, 2013 at 8:11 pm

I didn’t think it was that big of a deal. I have said a lot of things I didn’t mean when I was frustrated. I was upset that Sarah got voted off also!!

5. Deb Kelley Says:
    May 30th, 2013 at 6:17 am

Look, we’ve all said things that we don’t necessarily mean in the heat of the moment. These coaches have invested weeks and weeks of their time and effort on their teams, and it’s clear they are emotionally invested in the outcome. Of course Adam Levine doesn’t “hate this country”. It’s not like he’s going to head to the White House with explosives strapped to his chest. Lighten up, people! This is reality TV. It’s refreshing to see celebrities actually being human and vulnerable. Could we please cut Adam some slack and move on to topics that are REALLY newsworthy?

6. annie Says:
    May 30th, 2013 at 10:27 am

Maybe he was thinking I hate this country music popularity.

7. Gary Bernard Says:
    May 30th, 2013 at 7:51 pm

Our whole family watches and my wife and daughter thought the timing was weird because it was right after Amber was selected….it made it seem like Amber was his least favorite to them.

8. Linda Kay Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 12:13 pm

He should be fired for such a public comment. If he cannot control his anger, he should find another occupation.

Comments