Judith Hill Still Shocked By Her Elimination From The Voice

May 30, 2013 08:47 AM by Lisa Princ

As the contestants were narrowed from eight to six this week on The Voice, fans were shocked when front-runner, Judith Hill was one of the singers eliminated. But fans weren’t the only ones shocked as Adam Levine made a controversial comment about the elimination, and now, Judith Hill revealed that she is still in shock!

No one was more shocked than Judith Hill herself upon learning that she was being eliminated from The Voice this week. The elimination led to Adam Levine ranting about “hating this country,” and while Judith Hill does not hate the country, she is still baffled that America didn’t choose to keep her around on the show.

During an interview with the media recently, Hill didn’t share Levine’s exact sentiments, but she did hint that America was not ready for her. “I don’t think anything went wrong, musically. I think it was really one of my more exciting performances. I think if a song is a lot more familiar and has a lot more pop sensibilities, I think that America tends to draw more to that than something that they’re not used to,” Judith explained.

Hill went on to say that she is still scratching her head trying to figure out what went wrong. Despite the shocking elimination, Judith says she has no regrets and looks forward to her future. “I felt like I did my best and I really enjoyed my time,” Hill concluded.

Do you think Judith Hill should not have been eliminated? Were you shocked when she was? We know you have an opinion and we want to hear it so sound off in the comments section and let us know.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about The Voice. For other great Reality TV News, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Voice.

Photo Credit: NBC

Topics: NBC Reality TV Shows, The Voice |

17 Responses to “Judith Hill Still Shocked By Her Elimination From The Voice”

1. ksilly Says:
    May 30th, 2013 at 12:15 pm

I used to like the voice and that is my stance….. Judith Hill is amazing and people are racist or jealous…..point blank.

2. sandee Says:
    May 30th, 2013 at 4:55 pm

I used to love the voice. All the coaches seem to really like each other, but I won’t watch it anymore since Judith Hill was eliminated. The voting is beyond ridiculous. They certainly aren’t voting for pure talent. Don’t know what in the world they are thinking. But oh well, on to xfactor this year. At least the best singers ARE picked on there so far.

3. realitycheck Says:
    May 30th, 2013 at 7:13 pm

America got it right…..ksilly and Adam need a reality check. Race has nothing to do with it, always the race card, it’s getting old. She didn’t cut it, on many fronts, attitude, snobbery, treating other contestants with disdain. The cameras don’t lie, people saw what kind of self-serving snot she is, Mike jackson coat-tail rider? As that bigot Levine always says…it’s the whole package. She was too FULL of herself, and America doesn’t vote for people who, altho talented, miss the mark and they don’t win, stop whining. she also needs a new stylist,awful wardrobe and ugly hair…..Adam Levine sucks, he needs to go, after the hot mic incident, which was on PURPOSE…anyone who thinks it was an accident is an idiot and must be related to lois lerner and schulman!

4. Kelly M Says:
    May 31st, 2013 at 7:01 am

I was not surprised. In fact, I predicted it. Judith was, by far, the worst performer of the top 8 on itunes. What’s shocking is that neither Judith or Adam realized that she was in trouble. I guess Judith was too arrogant to think she needed to pay attention to things she thought were beneath her and Adam was too focused on his obviously failed ‘taking risks’ strategy. Both should have taken a page from Blake’s playbook. He’s kept a close eye on itunes and tried to do things that would help his team do the best they can on it. The results speak for themselves; Blake still has his whole team.

5. Yolanda Mooney Says:
    May 31st, 2013 at 2:07 pm

As an educated African American woman I am not surprised at the elimInation of Judith Hill. This country was founded on racism against African Americans both in the past and present. Some say that racism doesn’t exist anymore but as Ive always known it has always been present. America is supposed to be a “melting pot” but that’s not true when it comes to the African Americans in this country. As a taxpayer it pains me to have America force taxation on me while the money is used to house, clothe and feed illegal immigrants!!!!. This country can take my taxes forcebly while continuing to demonstrate it’s deep hatred for the African American. What a joke!!!!

6. Lee Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 4:42 pm

She would have won it all but we know that for some reason a Country Artist will win again.
    Adam had a good reason to be pissed off

7. Lee Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 4:44 pm

Judith is an Afro-Asian American you forget that her mother is asian-Duh!

8. Debby C. Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 8:10 pm

I too agree that Judith Hill was way too sure of herself. The reason may have been the notoriety she must have gained by being a back-up singer for Michael Jackson. She knew how to show the audiance what she could do and how to use her great voice to the max. But, I never felt she really wanted to win right down to the bottom of her soul like the rest did. She didn’t show the excitement or axious anticipation the others showed either. It was almost like she thought, “Yea, I got this.”

9. Dee Light Says:
    June 3rd, 2013 at 10:09 am

Judith Hill is a conceited dumb idiot and the racism card is OLD AS F***!!!!!!!

10. Anthony Says:
    June 3rd, 2013 at 1:20 pm

A couple of things… first and foremost Judith Hill was VERY possibly the BEST voice on the show! And she brought her ‘A’ game each and every time she took the stage. However, I also believe that the song choice for her last song didn’t cut it. “#that power!”?? I’ve never even heard of it… still!
    I do not think race was that big of a factor, and I am black! Keep in mind that the first two Winners were black men. That being written, those of you who are talking about how tired you are about people playing the race card… you should know that for some people, RACE is always a factor.
    Also you do have to consider who is voting. I have never voted for any reality show, have any of you who commented?
    The bottom line in my humble opinion is that Judith Hill was just a victim to a poor song choice, and MAYBE be perceived as not needing the ‘Voice’ as much as the other contestants.
    Thanks for taking the time to read my post, and let’s respect everyone’s opinions.

11. Kelly :) Says:
    June 4th, 2013 at 8:45 am

She totally rode MJ’s coat-tails from the beginning. There wasn’t an episode where she didn’t mention or infer his name. She was snobbish and it seemed like she thought she was above everyone else. Good Riddance!

12. Tammy Says:
    June 4th, 2013 at 8:51 am

For the first time this season I fast forwarded through the taped “The Voice”. Judith is such a beautiful, soulful, authentic performer and I really miss her. It is shocking and disappointing that such talent is eliminated. It is eliminations like this that make me think that our votes don’t matter at all. That it is simply for the shock value/ratings.

13. Mary Says:
    June 4th, 2013 at 3:00 pm

Judith is real talent no matter where she landed on The Voice she is on her way, this was her stepping stone for anyone in America that did not know who she was!!! We all know now and look forward to hearing from her real soon in the music world…
    #teamjudith

14. maryann Says:
    June 5th, 2013 at 4:31 am

Clearly she was shocked 1st time she was saved. Thereafter, each performance of hers was praised by all couches including Blake saying she had no flaw and her performance always perfect. The couches never gave her improving tips because she already had it all according to them. Now, wouldn’t that make you a little secured!? it would for me … its not that she was all about herself and she did look to be sweet & kind to the other contestants – simply had a more classy – private personality. I thought she was great!

15. Dana Says:
    June 10th, 2013 at 9:18 pm

I agree that she was not friendly with the other contestiants. I watch all of them to see how they interact because it shows a lot about their personality. If its all about race, why is Shasha still on the show. Judith shouldn’t have been on in the first place because she is already a professional, or so she claims!!!! Apparently Michael thought so, eh?
    Get over it!!

16. Karen O. Says:
    June 11th, 2013 at 6:15 am

What is America thinking? She had the best voice from the get go and I am floored by her elimination; but am looking forward to buying her records! You ROCK, Judith!

Aloha from Hawaii!

17. CC Says:
    June 17th, 2013 at 9:24 pm

I just don’t like that Danielle person, she is a little not so a virgin type and keeps Blake pretty much on a leash. Country and Western? She might get a contract, sing a few songs, and dry out. She is not strong enough, come on we all know this. If any country singer wins this, it will be the Swon Brothers and if they don’t win it will prove that the country wanted Michelle, no one else (not even Danielle) has the power to hang out tomorrow. Just thought I would try to have the last word on this, June 17, 2013 =========== PEACE.

Comments