Kanye West Plans To Attend Kim Kardashian’s Baby Shower

June 01, 2013 12:54 PM by Donna W. Martin

Kim Kardashian of Keeping Up With The Kardashians is anxiously awaiting the arrival of her first child with rapper boyfriend, Kanye West. And what better way to celebrate the upcoming birth than to have a baby shower? Kim’s baby shower is scheduled for Sunday, June 2 in Beverly Hills. And get this…Kanye plans to be there. Keep reading for more details.

While most baby showers are attended by women only, according to US Weekly, Khloe Kardashian says that not the case for her sister’s baby shower. The party will be an all girls brunch “but Kanye will come at the end.” Khloe said. And she’s invited her brother Rob as well but she’s not sure if he’s going to attend.

Kanye feels weird going to Kim’s baby shower. However, he won’t be the only man there. Kourtney’s boyfriend, Scott Disick, and Khloe’s husband, Lamar Odom also plan to attend the shower. “I think Scott and Lamar might bring Kanye at the end because Kanye feels it’s a little weird if he’s the only guy,” Khloe explained.

Lots of dads show up at the end of a baby shower to help load up the gifts and help the mother-to-be get back home. But there will be no gifts at Kim’s baby shower. What’s up with that? Kim and Kanye have expressly asked friends and family, and even fans to donate money to the Lurie Children’s Hospital in Chicago in lieu of giving gifts.

Any money donated to the hospital on Kim and Kanye’s behalf will go to benefit the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NIC), which specializes in the care of critically ill babies.

What do you think about Kanye attending Kim’s baby shower? Do you think it’s odd that he’s going to be there? Or do you think a lot of men attend baby showers these days? And what do you think about Kim and Kanye’s kindhearted gesture to Lurie Children’s Hospital? We know you have an opinion and we want to hear it so sound off in the comments and let us know.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook!. Click here for more information about Keeping Up With The Kardashians News. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out Sir Links Alot: Keeping Up With The Kardashians.

Photo Credit: E!

Topics: E! Reality TV Shows, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, Khloe Kardashian, Kim Kardashian, Kourtney And Kim Take New York |

32 Responses to “Kanye West Plans To Attend Kim Kardashian’s Baby Shower”

1. TONYA STUCKY Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 1:24 pm

WHO REALLY FRICKIN’ CARES!!

2. Jrl Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 1:49 pm

This is for girls only, I don’t blame him for not wanting to attend.. Oh boy, Lamar, Kanye and Scott there would be no way..

Give those poor guys a break, there will be plenty interaction after the baby is born.

3. terry curtis Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 2:44 pm

I guess kim or kanye will have to write a big check to lurie chidrens hospital from themselves..

4. misti wade Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 2:47 pm

I’m not the biggest fan of Kim or Kanye. I do, however, have a complete new respect for them giving to charity at their baby shower. May GOD bless them greatly for their generosity towards someone else other than themselves and forgive me for thinking them to be such selfish and self-serving people. It really says a lot about their character.

5. Judy Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 2:50 pm

LoVe that he / Kanye IS showing up . All the daddy’s to be in my family all ways showed up at the end to help n help the mom 2 B ( oh n to eat LOL ) … NOT a thing wrong with Kanye stopping in .. All the guys showing up together is awesome :):) … I’m sure Kris n the Girls made Kim’s day special . Congrats you two . The baby’s going to be adorable .. P on haters .. Be happy !!

ps … can not wait for the show tomorrow night .. what is it ??? new grandson caden benjamin 5/17/2013 .. adorable .. love babies .. you will be awesome ..

6. Che' LaWard Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 3:12 pm

Oh Please! Whippy Do! Where have these people been? So what he’s going to her shower. The last several showers that I’ve attended and even have known about for years have all been Co-Ed! People do it all the time. I didn’t know that anyone even considered excluding guys anymore. I thought these were “Jet Setters” or Trendy people! Guess what “celebrities” every day folks have been doing Co-Ed Baby Showers for a long time now! Get with it you suppos(ed) “In The Know It Alls” THIS IS NOT NEWS!!..Next Please!

7. pdee Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 4:08 pm

This woman needs a baby shower like I need another rat in my basement. Don’t they have ENOUGH MONEY already? Is there anything they can’t afford to buy for their own child. It’s just another excuse to get cameras in place and act like typical Kardashians… money money money, pictures pictures picture… me me me me.. aaaaall about me. Choose the”me” of your preference. I don’t include Khloe in the “me me me” group, she’s the only “real” member of the whole clan.

8. LueAnna Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 4:09 pm

Most of the baby showers that I attend have men and include the husband or boyfriends of the girls who are invited with the dad to be inviting his friends as well. Lots of fun as dads are more into being dads lately than someone on the sideline.

I love her idea of donating to the hospital. She can obviously afford to buy

9. Lee Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 4:38 pm

He should show up he’s the Baby’s Daddy-I wonder how long they will stay together after Baby is born cause they aren’t too close now it shows in their body language

10. melba mayo Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 4:39 pm

It seems Kanye would have a problem attending the baby shower. I thought the problem would be admitting he’d had sex with KK.

11. ellen danberry Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 4:58 pm

i dont see why people making such a fuss. no men go to the baby showers only at the end. leave kim alone already.

12. ellen danberry Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 4:59 pm

good greif

13. Lynn Schuberts Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 5:20 pm

U know what I find odd? There is no baby at the baby shower party.

14. terry Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 5:33 pm

omg ARENT YALL SICK OF KIM …trying to prove she is really a likable person.. they will do anything to stay relevant , kim got pregnant to stay relevant , she dated kenya for controversy!! get you dummies who continue to be excited about the kardasian clan… but why yall.. these are a bunch of money hunger fools.. who will cut the momas back to get what they need

15. terry Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 5:35 pm

kim will have that baby and then step up her role again she knows what the ignorant fans of hers want, its not like she is beautiful with all the fake ass and hair, and boobs …shes like a blow up doll.. with fame

16. Beverly Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 7:32 pm

Wow the Baby Daddy at the shower! You know Kanye wishes daily that he wore a condom! I know everyone else does!

17. lovestruckgirl Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 7:51 pm

oH WOW! the bABYDADDY deff has to be there it’s 2013 c’mon ppl enjoy every min with your wife/ babymamma!! make her feel special

18. lovestruckgirl Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 7:52 pm

STOP BEING HATERS

19. Arlie Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 7:56 pm

We are living in modern times and men routinely attend baby showers especially relatives and friends of the expectant parents. Sometimes if a women attends a baby shower her husband or boyfriend will also attend as her escort. I attended a baby shower last year and not only did many men attend but they also gave wonderful gifts.

20. lilly Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 8:29 pm

I think it would be cool for him to come have lunch with her then leave. They do not need gifts so the donations are great.This is not a traditional baby shower.

21. ailem Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 8:45 pm

I am sooooo sick and tired of these selfish, money sucker people. For once, they should at least respect the unborn child by not to include on their selfishness and money making business. Everything is all about MONEY and being in front of the camera and to make MORE MONEY! absolutely these people are going to hell except for Khloe & Lamar. Kim is soooo freakin hypocrite. On her interview, she said, “I go to church every Sunday” LIAR! Disgusting!

22. meowmix Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 8:51 pm

Who cares???!!!!? They are idiots.

23. Laut Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 9:05 pm

I am not a fan but am impressed that Kim and Kanye are asking guest to donate to children’s charity in lieu of gifts. I also think it is great the guys are coming toward the end. Very loving and supportive.

24. alice Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 9:26 pm

who cares if kanye comes its his baby so why does it matters

25. STACIE Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 9:41 pm

ITS NOT A BABY SHOWER WITHOUT THE GIFTS, THATS REALLY THE WHOLE POINT OF A BABY SHOWER.ITS A FAMILY GET TOGETHER! SO OVER THESE 2 YUCK!

26. Jennifer Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 9:43 pm

He is such a hero for showing up to his baby’s shower. Three hail mary’s anyone.

27. annette b Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 10:01 pm

To give to someone else is always appreciated,thank you kim and kanye

28. consuelomurray Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 10:31 pm

very nice of them however its trdtional to receive gifts just for excitement that should not be taken away from kim.

29. Cyndy Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 10:54 pm

No matter what people may think of Kanye & Kim, their decision to donate to any NICU hospital is a blessing for all those unfortunate infants in the world, that had no decision in coming into this cruel world. God bless you both and congratulations on the birth of what will be a beautiful child!!!!

30. Nerline Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 11:11 pm

My husband was at my baby showers (2).I think he is doing the right thing since the media claimed that he was MIA for the first few months of her pregnancy.

31. Kathy Brighton Says:
    June 1st, 2013 at 11:53 pm

So happy for these 2 or should I say 3. Chris Humphries…eat your heart out! Glad to see Kim snatch back her happiness!

32. Nancy Says:
    June 2nd, 2013 at 12:14 am

I think its wonderful that he will attend the baby shower! :)How exciting for them to have their 1st baby, and their baby will be beautiful!!!!!

Comments