Kanye West Slams The Music Industry In Yet Another Rant

June 11, 2013 01:21 PM by Stephanie Gustafson

Kanye West has been a busy guy as of late, what with preparing for the birth of a new Keeping Up With The Kardashians star and promoting his upcoming album Yeezus. The hip hop artist recently made an appearance at the Governors Ball, where he showed off some of his new tracks, and, true to form, ranted about the music industry.

Despite the continued tabloid presence that has resulted from his relationship with Kim Kardashian, Kanye West has not enjoyed a ton of publicity for Yeezus, a new album slated for release in just two weeks. He’s done his best to up the hype via Twitter, deleting all past tweets and replacing them with a set of all-caps music updates. But that still wasn’t enough to capture the level of attention for which the hip hop artist had been hoping.

The lack of publicity played a central role in Kanye’s most recent rant. This most recent tirade took place at the Governo’s Ball, where listeners had gathered to hear Kanye’s latest and greatest work. And while they were treated to several promising new tracks, the definite attention grabber of the evening occurred when the rapper started bashing the music industry for failing to adequately promote his new album. “With this album we ain’t drop no single to radio. We ain’t got no NBA campaign, nothing like that.”

Despite continued complaints related to the alleged lack of publicity, Kanye West insists that his goal is not to sell a million records, but to “put out an album for the summer that y’all can rock to.” And as long as fans are able to rock out to that album, Kanye says that he could care less about the potentially negative outside opinion.

Do you plan to purchase Kanye’s upcoming album? Leave a comment and let us know!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook!. Click here for more information about Keeping Up With The Kardashians News. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out Sir Links Alot: Keeping Up With The Kardashians.

Photo Credit: MTV

Topics: E! Reality TV Shows, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, Kim Kardashian |

11 Responses to “Kanye West Slams The Music Industry In Yet Another Rant”

1. lola Says:
    June 11th, 2013 at 1:36 pm

Hell naw this asshole cannot rap at all him or Jay z they need to go down were they belong they whole clique jay,kanye,bey,rih rih, and kim need to go to hell. they are all untalented whores that are overated and they are stink literally.

2. Suz Says:
    June 11th, 2013 at 2:12 pm

No! Kanye seems to have some sort of problem with EVERYBODY and EVERYTHING. If he doesn’t like the “Music Industry” than get out…

3. Wisdom Says:
    June 11th, 2013 at 2:55 pm

And what’s good music to you?

4. Gina Says:
    June 11th, 2013 at 3:44 pm

Can’t stand this fool! The new child he is expecting with the other sack of shit holds no hope at all. Idiots breed idiots!! Bad DNA all the way around! I just deleted every K west tune from my music library. I look at him and it reminds me of what I flush down my toilet every morning!

5. jason Says:
    June 11th, 2013 at 4:43 pm

noone likes the negative comments, haters! hahahah kanye just laughin at yall

6. Paige Says:
    June 11th, 2013 at 5:12 pm

Kayne needs to be lost at sea. He is completely self centered and you would think that he would be thankful to the music industry. It made his dumb ass famous! If I was in the industry, I wouldn’t want to promote him either! Why should they? So he can publically bash them over every little thing? Kayne’s “music” is terrible and racist. He only makes himself look stupid.
    When you think about it, Kayne and Kim are kind of the perfect couple (for each other). Morons!!! Self obsessed ignorant idiots!

7. GarColga Says:
    June 11th, 2013 at 5:18 pm

I’m not a huge hip hop fan but I do like some of the old school stuff. Anyway I had never heard any of Mr. West’s music til a couple weeks ago on SNL. He is a huge name and I was shocked at the enormous suckitude of his music I mean it is really lame.

8. Pam Says:
    June 11th, 2013 at 6:06 pm

Hell no!! I’m going to go buy Red instead.

9. Gina Says:
    June 11th, 2013 at 10:21 pm

Not a chance, I cant stand this fool

10. Tony Says:
    June 11th, 2013 at 11:00 pm

good music is NAS, Ghostface Killah, Cormega, Big L, 2Pac, Johnny Cash, Atmosphere, The Faces,

11. ann Says:
    June 14th, 2013 at 7:55 am

He alway’s seems like an angry person..Looks like a miserable sour puss.And I do think he cheated on Kim the other cheater

Comments