Robin Thicke Talks About His New Album ‘Blurred Lines’

June 24, 2013 06:32 AM by Lisa Princ

Robin Thicke may be getting slammed by critics for his latest single, but the Duets judge is obviously doing something right as Blurred Lines is topping charts everywhere. If you love the song, or just love Robin Thicke, you’re in luck as Thicke recently revealed what we can expect from his new album!

Critics may be bashing Robin Thicke for his “rapey” lyrics on his new single, Blurred Lines, but music lovers all over do not agree as the single is topping charts everywhere. Thicke’s new album, also titled Blurred Lines will hit stores on July 30, but Thicke was more than happy to fill fans in on what they can expect!

In a new interview with Radio.com, Thicke revealed that Blurred Lines is a much more “feel good” album than his last album, which did not do well at all. And after the last album did not go over well, Thicke decided it was time to get some help. “I realized, this time, I’m not going to do it all on my own. I’m going to hire some of the great hit-makers in the business and try to make some music everybody can enjoy instead of just my small fan base,” Thicke explained, hoping that Blurred Lines does better.

As for what we can expect, Thicke described one song in particular, Give It 2 U as: “It’s very Michael Jackson, Prince but also pretty hip-hop.” Sounds like this could be a fun album for sure!

Are you looking forward to listening to Thicke’s new album? Have you heard Blurred Lines? What do you think of it? We know you have an opinion and we want to hear it. Feel free to share your opinion in the comments section below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook!. Click here for more information about Duets. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Duets.

Photo Credit: ABC

Topics: ABC Reality TV Shows, Duets |

25 Responses to “Robin Thicke Talks About His New Album ‘Blurred Lines’”

1. rch Says:
    June 24th, 2013 at 8:05 am

why cant he sing like a grown man instead of a man with a tight belt on

2. Alexandriena Tavo Says:
    June 24th, 2013 at 8:13 am

Love it!!!!!

3. DW Says:
    June 24th, 2013 at 8:19 am

Blurred Lines is a great ” feel good” song. It also send a message to ceartain people and the know whi they are that there is two-sides to everyone.

4. C. M. Henry Says:
    June 24th, 2013 at 9:28 am

Love Robin Thicke and his music, despite the critics and album sells. I have all of his albums and enjoy them all. I have heard Blurred Lines…the single and it’s a HIT. If the rest of his album is like this, then he will have a mega hit on his hands. I’m just waiting for Him and JT to do a colabo…the 2 baddest white guys in the GAME!!!!…now can you DIG THAT!!!!?

5. Lynn Says:
    June 24th, 2013 at 9:44 am

I looooove the song as much as I looooooove Robin Thicke, damn he’s SEXY!

6. Daniel Says:
    June 24th, 2013 at 10:23 am

That album should come out this or next week and he needs to put out a new great single, STRIKE WHILE THE IRON IS HOT DARN-IT!!

7. LASHAWN Says:
    June 24th, 2013 at 10:38 am

I ABSOLUTLY LOVE THE SONG BLURRED LINES, OMG, I CAN’T HEAR IT ENOUGH. I AM A 40 YEAR OLD FEMALE AND I AM THAT PERSON THAT LOVES NEW AGE MUSIC LIKE YANNI, AL HERBERT, ETC. THIS IS SONG IS A HIT AND EVERYONE ELSE I KNOW LOVE IT. ROBIN DO WHAT FEELS GOOD TO YOU, YOU CAN’T DO WRONG IN THAT.I CAN’T WAIT FOR THE ALBUM. GOOD JOB!

8. Liz Says:
    June 24th, 2013 at 11:17 am

LOVE IT!!!!

9. tc Says:
    June 24th, 2013 at 1:28 pm

The music arrangement for Blurred Lines is fantastic, truly a feel good tune, unique and ear catching. However, I did finally look at the lyrics, and there are a couple of crass lines that have lessened my enjoyment of the tune. But I look forward to the rest of the album, as musically this is a great song.

10. Susie in O.C. Says:
    June 24th, 2013 at 1:35 pm

I’m a 47 year old female and kept hearing it on 97.1 in my car and couldn’t get enough of it! Was dying to know who sings it, didn’t know the title, and finally found it on YouTube.

11. D. Rogers Says:
    June 24th, 2013 at 1:58 pm

People read so much into things. Why on earth would someone interpret the song to be talking about rape. We all can be indecisive at times. When it comes to sexuality some women like to be coaxed a little. yeah I said it. Because its true. Coaxed not Raped idiots. Love the song, love the colab, love the beat. Can’t hear it enough. Wished the video was a little better.

12. louis perez Says:
    June 24th, 2013 at 2:23 pm

LOVE THAT SONG.

13. toni Says:
    June 24th, 2013 at 2:28 pm

Let me tell you I am 60 and have been watching Blurred Lines with much love to a ver sexy man. This video is done in good taste and is one of the finest artist since Elvis. LOVE THIS MAN AND HIS MIND.

14. Ms. T Says:
    June 24th, 2013 at 2:55 pm

I love the song!!!

15. Debbie Says:
    June 24th, 2013 at 3:32 pm

I absolutely love Robin’s hit song, “Blurred Lines.” I am 58 years old and it makes me want to get up and dance forever. Love Robin’s music and looking forward to his new CD. I can’t get enough of this song!!!!!! Great work Robin!!!

16. Lizzy Says:
    June 24th, 2013 at 3:41 pm

Love it!!!!!

17. toni Says:
    June 24th, 2013 at 3:48 pm

Made some typo’s and do apologize. Happy this song, video and the huge degree of talent from Robin Thicke, is recognized. Robin, this is a new category in music and welcome to the new music I, call soultry.

18. angela Says:
    June 24th, 2013 at 3:58 pm

I saw this video the other day, First I heard the beat and I loved it. Good dance and aerobic exercise music too!
    I didn’t even know who Pharrell was (I’m 50) so I asked my teenager, and he quickly got to talking about the song and then some….TMI
    Anyways I thought the song must’ve been called “Good Girls”" because that’s kinda a chorus, never knew it was called Blurred Lines( What the heck is that about?)

19. Jake Says:
    June 24th, 2013 at 4:39 pm

“Blurred Lines” is catchy, but the lyrics are god awful. It really makes you wonder why music has to have blatant sexual themes in order to be mainstream.

20. Ann Says:
    June 24th, 2013 at 4:42 pm

I love Robin Thicke and his music. I also loved his father, who he inherited good genes from, as an actor.

21. Melvin Says:
    June 24th, 2013 at 8:20 pm

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but that is Marvin Gaye’s track “Got To Give It Up” and I think Thicke should do as Marvin has suggested. I am not impressed. I am so sick of these Timberlake types stealing our music. I have got to keep it real.

22. Big Fan Says:
    June 24th, 2013 at 8:48 pm

try to domesticate ya!

23. sexystyle Says:
    June 24th, 2013 at 8:50 pm

I absolutely love this song!!!!! I wish him the best. I hope his album makes all the nay-Sayers shut up and go home! He is very talented and I hope he is having a blast right now. I enjoy his music immensely!!!! Great Job!!!

24. Nancy Ragan Says:
    June 24th, 2013 at 11:44 pm

I’m 63 yrs old and i loveBlurred Lines. I listen to it over. And over. Cant get enough of it.

25. Kelly Mack Says:
    July 6th, 2013 at 7:17 am

You ignorant niggers never, ever learn. What has robin thicke done that 15 black guys from the hood can’t do? You turn your stuff over to fast . Let a black girl or guy go see if they can bust it on the country charts. Think they will when they won’t?
    Those white people will pay them dust !
    You stupid step and fetchit niggers just get so happy when you see a white person mimicking you. But you give your own people such a hard time.
    You all make me sick to my stomach.

Comments