Paula Deen Support Grows As Fans Create Petitions And Social Media Pages

June 25, 2013 12:17 PM by Lisa Princ

If you are anything like me, you probably feel that the witch hunt aimed at Paula Deen has gone far enough. From getting fired by Food Network to losing her endorsement deal with Smithfield, things just keep spiraling out of control for the southern chef, and fans everywhere are infuriated. If you happen to be one of those ticked off fans, keep reading to find out how you can support Paula Deen.

I would really hate to be one of the big wigs at Food Network right now, and thankfully, I am not. Like most of you, I am just an angered fan wishing to support the southern chef that I have been watching on my television screen for the past eleven years. Yes, the fans get it – she used a racial slur, but again, how many of us can say that we have never used an offensive slur? At least she was honest and apologized…too bad that was not good enough for Food Network or Smithfield, both of whom canned Deen recently.

Since being fired from Food Network, fans everywhere are outraged, and doing whatever they can to help their favorite chef. One fan has started a petition asking Food Network to give Paula her job back. It’s very small at the moment, but if you would like to sign it, check it out: Paula Deen petition. Meanwhile, another fan has created a support page for Facebook, hoping to show these companies how much folks do love Deen. So far, the Facebook page has close to 400K likes, and if you’d like to take a look, here is the link: We Support Paula Deen.

Meanwhile, Deen’s two sons appeared on the Today Show earlier, and pretty much summed it best, when they said: “What started out as extortion has become character assassination.” Personally, I am not sure I will ever tune in to Food Network or purchase a Smithfield product again, what about you?

On the flip side of things, there a few companies out there that are sticking by Deen. Royal Carribean Cruises, who does an annual “Paula Deen Cruise” is one of those companies, as well as the Metropolitan Cooking and Entertaining Show, which Deen is a huge part of. “Paula Deen has been a friend of The Metropolitan Cooking & Entertaining Show for many years. She has apologized and we are taking her apology at her word and moving forward accordingly,” a rep for the show told FOX today. I couldn’t agree more!

What do you think about Paula Deen using racial slurs? Do you think Food Network was too hard on her by firing her? We know you have an opinion and we want to hear it. Sound off in the comments section below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook!. Click here for more information on Who Do You Think You Are?  For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Reality TV.

Photo Credit: Food Network

Topics: Food Network Reality TV Shows, NBC Reality TV Shows, Who Do You Think You Are? |

21 Responses to “Paula Deen Support Grows As Fans Create Petitions And Social Media Pages”

1. Pat S. Says:
    June 25th, 2013 at 12:36 pm

I have two things here to think about. 1. In her own home? Come on now…maybe that gov surveillance is going a bit far? 2. Paula Deen the Butter Queen is she stepping on Michelle Obama’s healthy eating agenda? Is there another freedom on the line here?

2. Joyzzme Says:
    June 25th, 2013 at 12:42 pm

This is the absolute worst case of greed and character assassination I’ve ever seen. The comment(s) were made in the 60′s for heaven’s sake! Back then (for those of you old enough to remember) the n word was not taboo or hell on earth. I will support Paula till one of us is no longer here. She is getting a bum rap and the companies that threw her to the wolves should not only be ashamed, but should be boycotted. I’m sure they have nothing in any of their pasts which is now an embarrassment….. Give us all a break for pity’s sake — especially Paula.

3. L.Layton Says:
    June 25th, 2013 at 12:48 pm

Much to do about something said many many years ago. Food Network may find their decision will effect their viewers (now ex-viewers.) You would be hard pressed to find anyone (black or white) in the south and over the age of 50 who have NOT used the N word many years ago. All regret having said that!!! What a shame!!! We cannot get over those terrible times and move forward.

4. Larry Says:
    June 25th, 2013 at 12:59 pm

I think Food Network has been going down so much in the ratings that they are using a comment made 30 years ago to dump Paula just to cut operating costs. Food Network programming really sucks now with the exception of 2-3 programs, i.e.; Gaida, Pioneer Woman, and DDD. Without Paula, I’ll most likely cease viewing FN. gacoastie

5. Louise Dodson Says:
    June 25th, 2013 at 1:05 pm

I hope Paula won’t worry about Smithfield Products..Since China got envolved I wasn’t
    going to buy that Brand ever again..
    I think we should boycot Food Network…I will…

6. Diane Goss Says:
    June 25th, 2013 at 1:06 pm

You have summed things up quite nicely. I recommend that she (Paula) start her own Network, the heck with these FN people! And…since Smithfield is selling out to the Chinese anyway, I say start your own line of pork products! We buy ours here locally from a local farmer. She is better off without those who would try to harm her and her family.

7. Christie Gravallese Says:
    June 25th, 2013 at 1:35 pm

We’ve gone too far. I have many black friends and am very careful of my language. They themselves use the n word in describing their own yet we are all but scarlet lettered if we let it slip. This does not make Ms.Deen a bad person or a bad cook. What about people that call other ethnic groups slang names? We don’t fire them. I would say where is the jealousy? I will not watch the food network anymore.

8. Catherine Politi Says:
    June 25th, 2013 at 1:38 pm

I have spent many a Saturday or Sunday morning watching the Food Network channel, but no more! The hypocrite executives will have to eat crow before I turn to that channel again. As for Paula Deen, I suggest she start her own Food Channel and takes her fans with her. That would teach those fools a lesson. As for Smithfield ham, well there are a lot more brands out there.

9. arma Says:
    June 25th, 2013 at 1:43 pm

Going out today and buying a Smithfield ham. Will continue to watch the food network. Paula Deen comments did not upset me and these sponsors action did not upset me.

10. Nikki Butler Says:
    June 25th, 2013 at 1:47 pm

Are you serious with this article? She apologized..now what all is forgiven. Give me a break! Clearly you are not a person of color, gay or Jewish because she actually admitted to using slurs towards them all in her deposition. People like you really get me with this defense and really make me regret that my husband who is a man of color gave 22 years of his life in the military only to be reduced to being referred to as the “n” word and that it is accepted. Wow!! This world is really screwed up beginning with people like you.

11. Sylvia Says:
    June 25th, 2013 at 1:51 pm

I can not understand why some of our big name stars, singers, and talk shows have not come to Paula’s side and spoken about how wrong she is being treated. The Food Network, will not be watched by me or many of my friends and relatives. She is such a fun person to watch and listen to and has wonderful receipts. She has helped so very people in the past with donations and people that have needed a helping hand. She was one of the most special grand-marshals that the Rose Parade has ever had. Shame on all the companies that are turning their backs on Paula, she has probably helped them to get richer by having the use of her name. Most specially shame on the Food Network, I’m sure every one of their big wheels have said a slur word, but, aren’t as brave as Paula to admit it. Paula is loved by millions and I’m sure the Food Network will suffer in the Nielsen ratings.

12. Angela Says:
    June 25th, 2013 at 1:58 pm

If I used a racial slur at my job, I’d be fired immediately. Why is she any different. All of her supporters should seriously think about what other hatred this woman carries in her heart.

13. Carolyn Says:
    June 25th, 2013 at 2:13 pm

Well people these days do not know how to forgive one another. They are out to get what they can at one another’s expense. In this case, an disgruntled employee of yesteryear wants some of Paula’s money so that’s what she is after. It doesn’t matter how far it goes to destroy someone, just as long as they get a piece of the pie. Everyone knows what this person is after. It’s obvious. She’s not hurt by anything. I’m sure she is tougher than that!

14. Kristy Says:
    June 25th, 2013 at 2:21 pm

I too am an angered fan. The Food Network has gone too far. I now have a parental block on the channel.

My friends suggest we not only boycott the Food Network but also any sponsors of the Food network and any other companies who drop Paula.

It is a sad day when the word racist is used so frequently. We can’t even disagree with our President without being called a racist.

15. Tonya M. Says:
    June 26th, 2013 at 10:29 am

The Food Network and Smithfield have gone too far. The whole situation has been blown out of proportion. Paula Deen is being mistreated so that some people can make a political statement. Our family is boycotting both companies and any others that want to join this particular modern day lynch mob. Her using the ‘n’ word at that particular time in history is no different than all of us using the term “black”, today, instead of “African American”. I sure hope we’re all not held accountable or fired for using the word “black” in 20-50 years from now.

16. Dorothy Mercer Says:
    June 26th, 2013 at 12:32 pm

Boycott on- and this Politically correct B.S. is over you are what you are and black is black and white is white no matter what you refer to it as. As far as African American well go back and see if you can make a life there, because here we should be unified Americans not diversified. You are what you make of yourself. I believe in freedom of speech but using proper language….Get a life….Love ya Paula

17. Piper Says:
    June 27th, 2013 at 2:50 pm

I happen to like Paula Dean products and won’t be shopping stores or buying smithfield products from this point on until they take her back.

18. Harry Says:
    June 29th, 2013 at 6:59 am

Angela, i feel sorry for you and your cold heart, and Nikki, you really need to read the article and grasp what its saying and what its about because you have a serious comprehension problem. Everyone, and do not deny it, you have done stupid, and most likly racist things in your past, maybe not towards blacks, but surely against someone thats different than you and you. Should YOU be fired? If saying something in your far past is reason to fire someone, than we have lost this country and theres not a shred of hope left for it. If cold hearted people cant forgive(they forgive ALL liberal progressives for slurs against whites and or blacks) proof is in Sharpton and Jackson and Mr X, the new black panthers even have a radio station devoted to racism and total hatred against whites and even their own. She should never have been fired and i will not be watching FN again, sorry DDD i will miss you.

19. kent olson Says:
    June 29th, 2013 at 3:40 pm

When are we the people going to stand up & say enough is enough, I believe Paula Deen is just another casualty of this P C BULL WE THE PEOPOLE TO QUIT GIVING OUR HARD EARNED MONEY TO CO. LIKE FOOD NET WORK, TARGET, WALMART, HOME DEPOT & THE LIST GOES ON,QUIT GIVING THEM POWER WITH YOUR MONEY! START BEING THE VOICE OF TRUTH INSTEAD OF THE SHEEP!

20. Isabel Maione Says:
    July 15th, 2013 at 3:08 pm

If anyone would stop and learn something, when Paula used the “N” word there was a gun pointing at her head. The gun pointer has apologized to Paula and he’s the one who forgives her. Her staff all loved her, and Lisa’s own friend and girl friend turned againsted her. What more has to be said. Food Network can go on it’s way, we won’t be a part of that show anymore, and that goes for Smithfield and all the other companies who are ignorant.

21. AMY Says:
    September 13th, 2013 at 9:42 pm

THIS IGNORANT FAT BYTCH SHOULD LOSE HER JOB, BE DROPPED FROM EVERY SINGLE NETWORK, AND BE BOYCOTTED. HOW DARE HER! SHE IS NO BETTER THAN ANY OTHER RACE THAT GOD CREATED. IN FACT SHES A SMELLY GREASY FAT UNATTRACTIVE BYTCH. PAULA DEEN… I HOPE YOU DIE.
    AND ALL OF YOU IGNORANT FUX TAKING UP FOR HER WOULDNT FEEL THE SAME IF THE TABLES WERE TURNED. I HOPE ALL OF YOU EXPERIENCE KHARMA. I HATE YOU RACIST IGNORANT BASTARDS.

Comments