Paula Deen Thanks Fans For Their Love And Support

June 25, 2013 06:02 AM by Lisa Princ

Recently, we learned that Paula Deen was fired from Food Network, and rumors have been buzzing that she may be losing other deals as well. Despite the controversy surrounding the Who Do You Think You Are alum, Deen has been bombarded with an outpouring of support from her fans, and she wants them to know that she does appreciate it.

The Paula Deen drama is far from over. We learned recently that after admitting to using racial slurs (in the past), Paula Deen was fired from Food Network, and rumors started that she would also be losing her deal with QVC. Now, things just seem to be getting worse for Deen, who has just been dropped as the spokesperson for Smithfield, a company in which Deen had an endorsement deal for their hams.

“Smithfield condemns the use of offensive and discriminatory language and behavior of any kind. Therefore, we are terminating our partnership with Paula Deen,” Smithfield said in a statement, adding: “It is important that our values and those of our spokespeople are properly aligned.”

Despite all the controversy surrounding her, fans of Paula Deen seem to be rallying in support of the cook. Many have left hate messages for Food Network, while others are flat out refusing to ever tune into the network again, and many have been leaving loving messages for Deen and her family. Paula left a message on Twitter yesterday for all the loyal folks out there, posting: “I want to send love and thanks for the kind words you have all shared with me and my family, and the support you’ve shown me this past week.”

Honestly, we think this entire situation has been blown out of proportion. I mean, how many of us can actually say that we’ve never used a racial or offensive slur at one point or another in our lives?

What do you think about Paula Deen using racial slurs? Do you think Food Network was too hard on her by firing her? We know you have an opinion and we want to hear it. Sound off in the comments section below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook!. Click here for more information on Who Do You Think You Are?  For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Reality TV.

Photo Credit: Food Network

Topics: Food Network Reality TV Shows, NBC Reality TV Shows, Who Do You Think You Are? |

34 Responses to “Paula Deen Thanks Fans For Their Love And Support”

1. Sara Prather Says:
    June 25th, 2013 at 7:26 am

Not happy. I hope Smithfield and Food Network does their homework and start finding everyone over the past 25 years who has ever said and done anything offensive concerning any ethnic group of people ( whites, Native American, etc.) and subject them to the same treatment Paula Dean has received. Maybe someone will do the homework for them and then let us see what happens.

2. Karin Antle Says:
    June 25th, 2013 at 7:29 am

I am totally beside myself about what has happened to Paula Deen. I am a huge fan…….if anyone was fired from a job due to something derogatory they might have said ten years or more ago, no one in the country would have a job!!!!!! This is ridiculous and my heart goes out to Paula and her family. This has got to be devastating…..the Food Network blew it. They should have been supportive of her instead of breaking ties with her. She was one of the first who put The Food Network on the map. They are dead wrong in this decision.

3. Trisha H Says:
    June 25th, 2013 at 7:30 am

I love Paula Deen. In spite of her being a Democrat, I love Paula Deen (that was a joke btw). The “word” she admitted saying is used all the time, with pride, by those who claim to despise it. This nasty “word” should either be entirely banished or entirely accepted by everyone. Condemning her because she is of the “wrong” race to speak a word freely used on a daily basis in America? Really? Sounds racist to me. She apologized. Twice. If the FN really fires Paula, then I’m done with the FN. Paula’s magazine, website, and DVDs will have to do. Smithfield’s is now a Chinese company and no longer a bastion of American commerce. Paula Deen has a heart of gold, is as human and imperfect as the rest of us, and I would have her as my employer in a flat second. I think it’s a crying shame that her so-called celebrity “friends” are not coming out in support of her. Dry those tears, Ms. Paula. This too shall pass.

4. Gary Butcher Says:
    June 25th, 2013 at 7:30 am

Paula, I support you in these trying times. I wonder where all of those CHRISTIANS that befriended you are…. We all make mistakes and I sure have made my share, but I ask God to forgive and accept that he has. I will continue to support you and your family.

5. Yvonne Says:
    June 25th, 2013 at 7:41 am

I really don’t think I know that the network jumped the gun. Paula has apolized what more do they want she is their number one drawer. I am so sick and tired of getting the N word getting put n 2 this when my people always using that word and making songs using it,black can call honkys call other races racist names and nothing done about it this is Y we r so hated by all races. QVC U will b hurt when u cut her off she sold a lot 4 u.

6. Becky Says:
    June 25th, 2013 at 7:46 am

I didn’t know that Food Network “Walked on Water”. Regardless of your race, religion or sex who hasn’t said a “NASTY” thing about someone else. We’ve all done it and have learned from our mistakes. The person who has brought this to the media I hope they can say that they have “NEVER” said anything about another person in a hurtful way. But you have to live with your decision don’t you!!!!!!!!! I have no desire to watch FOOD NETWORK again. They think that they are so innocent. PLEASE!

7. tonitrask Says:
    June 25th, 2013 at 7:49 am

I feel this has become a witch hunt. I think possibly the Food Network was so quick to fire Paula was because they did not want to draw attention to the fact that they appear as an all white network.In the 11 years I’ve been watching,they have only had 3 shows featuring black chefs and they only lasted 1 season. Paula Deen was the reason I started watching the Food Network and I wish they had had the loyalty to have waited to get all the facts before firing a beloved personality. I think, in the end, this will be a major blow to your network! I do not believe Paula Deen is a racist and you have allowed a disgruntled employee to ruin a persons reputation and livelihood! Shame on you!!

8. Pat Says:
    June 25th, 2013 at 7:55 am

I refuse to believe that there is a person in this country who has never used a rascial slur. The women made a mistake years ago, admitted to it and is being perscuted for it. None of these places have enough b lls to say it was an error on her part and leave it alone. I wonder if the people who own Smithfield farms, which is a Southern based company, has never used one. Let’s get real people and stopped being so thin skinned. Since I am white and now in the minority I can’t wait for someone to make a rascial slur about me, and see what happens. Yea right tee hee probably will never see that

9. Lisa Princ Says:
    June 25th, 2013 at 7:56 am

Exactly! The whole thing has been blown way out of proportion. I’d love to know which (if any) of the other chefs on their network have never said anything of this nature.

10. Lisa Princ Says:
    June 25th, 2013 at 7:58 am

I completely agree, it definitely seems as though it has turned into a witch hunt. I hope it does blow up for the Network.

11. Collette Says:
    June 25th, 2013 at 8:03 am

I am boycotting the Food Network and Smithfield hams for their treatment of Paula Deen. i don’t believe she is a racist and this is nothing less than a witch hunt of the politically correct.

12. Gloria Darley Says:
    June 25th, 2013 at 8:06 am

It’s crazy behavior by the Food Network, Smithfield and whoever else feels they must fire her as a spokesperson. We see and hear so many personalities use discriminary remarks even currently…and yet…they are not attacked like Paula Deen has been. She has apologized for her past behavior, give her a break.

13. Brenda Perkins Says:
    June 25th, 2013 at 8:08 am

OK she said some things in her past that some people don’t like. GET OVER IT. We ALL have said things that we are now not proud of. I would bet my last dollar the person who started all this mess has said lots of thing about all races. I am so sick of the race card being used when someone doesn’t get their way. GROWN UP>

14. Arlene Says:
    June 25th, 2013 at 8:10 am

If QVC gets on this bandwagon of casting out Paula, then they will also lose many watchers. All the facts are out and this was a witch hunt on Paula Deed and they should not drop her from their programs. If they are wise, they can view oall the comments in support of Paula Deen and not fire her.

15. Paula Matte Says:
    June 25th, 2013 at 8:14 am

This whole thing is so blown out of proportion I can’t believe it. Poor Paula Deen. I am writing Food Network Magazine today and cancelling my subscription. If QVC cancels her, I will start buying only from HSN and I have purchased my last Smithfield product. I can’t believe they are absolutely crucifying this poor woman. What is this world coming to. Sorry Paula. You are in my prayers and so is your family.

16. Jennifer F. Says:
    June 25th, 2013 at 8:14 am

Witch Hunt, agreed! Can we say “glass house, stone”? Sooo, upset with Food Network and other sponsors! I am with you Lisa. Hope it blows up for Food Network and others who seem to have jumped the gun on this!

17. Erin Says:
    June 25th, 2013 at 8:19 am

The food Network just lost a viewer and Smithville hams just lost a customer. Vote with your wallet people. It speaks louder than words.

18. Catt Says:
    June 25th, 2013 at 8:26 am

I support Paul Deen – what has been done to her is outrageous. Food Network and Smithfield Ham: I am no longer your customer.

19. Marie D Says:
    June 25th, 2013 at 8:26 am

I also agree it has become a witch hunt. This has gotten blown out of porportion. At leaset Paula wasn’t lying when asked if she ever used the word. How many of us would have lied? Shame on Food Network and Smithfield Foods. Am I to believe that all the other chefs on Food Network are without any faults? At Smithfield Foods do you monitor all that is said by your employees? Hang in the Paula, your fans support you. God Bless.

20. jackie Says:
    June 25th, 2013 at 8:28 am

I thin they are all idiots I loved paula on food network I watched all her shows old and new every day I will not watch that channel again its not fair to fire her when it wasn’t said on tv its just wrong

21. DEEFITZPatrick Says:
    June 25th, 2013 at 8:31 am

Don’t worry Paula—–Martha Stewart went to prison, and she is more popular than ever.

You’ll be fine, only the narrow minded never made a mistake.

Your company and endorsements jump too fast. Their loss, another will pick you up soon.

Good luck.

22. Ralph Dettwiler Says:
    June 25th, 2013 at 8:35 am

I am a great fan of Paula, she has brought fun and good food to FN, who by the way should have gotten rid of others that are not in Paula’s league. The FN has a problem and it’s not just their ego. I will no longer watch FN, a business that has no pride or loyalty in GOOD people. They will suffer in the long run. Paula will do fine,maybe even her own show. Good luck Paula,we love you.

23. frank R Says:
    June 25th, 2013 at 8:38 am

I love Paula Deen and think this is so blown out of proportion. Maybe Fox news will pick up the Paula Deen show. Just saying….and I will leave it there!

24. Bonnie Says:
    June 25th, 2013 at 8:40 am

I loved your show! Bringing your family and friends and dog into the picture made it a homey atmosphere. I always wished I could come to some of your gatherings.

All the best to you!

25. mjopes Says:
    June 25th, 2013 at 8:41 am

Paula, you are making a mistake doing the TV interviews, you already made a statement–I’m sorry, they are going to pick you apart on TV and it will be worst than now. I wish someone would say, when are the blacks going to apologize to the white people. You hear it everyday, in songs, on TV, etc.

26. Mary Jane Chmielecki Says:
    June 25th, 2013 at 8:52 am

I am so tired of all the hype about what Paula said. If we judged every person by what they say everyday then millions would be without jobs. To make an example out of Paula is disgusting. No one has a fit when a Rap Artist degrades a white and even talks about killing them, but we get all fired up when a woman gives her opinion about something. Guess this is still a man’s world where woman, not Blacks are second class citizens.

27. Barbara Buringa Says:
    June 25th, 2013 at 8:56 am

I think this has been blown all out of proportion. She’s not wearing a white Klan costume and shouting racist slogans! Come on, Food Network, show some sense instead of responding with a kneejerk reaction in canceling her shows. She used some language years ago that is socially unacceptable now, but that was years ago, and she was not alone in using it. All of us have come a long way since then, Paula included. She has had people of color (is that socially acceptable to say??) on her shows, and has been nothing but friendly and welcoming to them. She has apologized, so let’s move on, people, and give her a break! We don’t need to crucify her.

28. allison Says:
    June 25th, 2013 at 9:09 am

THE DOUGH WILL RISE AGAIN….HAHA! love Paula, the FN is acting like a coward to appease the masses…nothing more, nothing less.

29. Linda Says:
    June 25th, 2013 at 9:21 am

Shame on you Food Network, you need to fix this grave mistake you have made. I think people now need to see just how closed minded your company is that instead of allowing a person to admit to an error and support them for that you want to destroy them. You are so bold to even say that your viewers opinion does not count. Shame on us for thinking you appreciate the viewers when in fact your programing is only for your pockets. I have set my TV control to ban your network. Maybe someday you will realize that the viewers is what put the money in your pocket. I hope that you lose several million.
    QVC you have been the only show of your type that I have watched and bought from. I love “in the kitchen with David”. With that said I will no longer watch or purchase from your show. I have made several calls to friends to follow me with this ban. I hope that we can get enough to actually cause you some warning that you should not follow the steps of a company that Shoots first and doesn’t care what the follow up results are.
    Mrs Deen, I love and enjoy the many years that you have came into my home. I am a lady from the south. I can remember my grandmother using that word on a regular basis and my pleading with her to not. I still went to see her, loved her, and took care of her in her last days. Looks like in some peoples eyes I should have slammed the door and told her she was not worth being my grand mother and left her to die alone. Instead I learned that all people can make mistake, but that doesn’t mean that they don’t have love and joy to offer along with knowledge. I wish you love and joy and hope to see you soon helping us find a few minutes a day to laugh and learn.
    SHAME ON ALL OF YOU THAT THINK YOU ARE SO PERFECT!
    I can’t believe that this word that is now in many songs that all of our youth sing today and use on a regular bases has now been used to try and ruin a person.
    SHAME SHAME SHAME

Love ya Paula Deen, hold your head high, wipe the tears away and realize only little people hiding behind corporations think they above ever being wrong.

30. Marie Says:
    June 25th, 2013 at 9:33 am

Paula my prayers are with you and your family. I wonder what the rest of food network said 30 years ago and would not say now. wish the press would research that……Food network..you are off my tv and will not use your web site eather. Hopefully Paula starts her own show. That I will enjoy

31. Jan Smith Says:
    June 26th, 2013 at 11:18 am

Paula, you are the best and these people are going to be sorry. I really don’t know what happened however many years ago because I have just been seeing and hearing bits and pieces and have quite frankly been in shock that you are being treated this way; but I will say that I would put my life on it that whoever is behind this is a jealous greedy person that doesn’t want to earn their keep. As you said it “they want what you have worked so hard for”. It’s such an old trick just to get the media involved; then the dominoes fall, lies, hate mail, humiliation and stress. My heart and my support go out to you and your family. I was born a southerner and am a very proud Democrat was raised very similar as you and I love your show and your cook books and your wonderful sons and family.

32. patty Says:
    June 26th, 2013 at 4:46 pm

don’t apologize anymore paula. once was more than enough. what a hipacritical, self-centered, selfish, me, me. me. cry baby society we have become. and yes, if there is anyone on this earth who has never said or thought a racial slur, then the rest of us should bow down and worship that Godly person. Yes, because only God is that pure. Get over it people! Its only words! Todays society condemns people who say-oh my-the ‘N’ word more than a terrorist murderer!!! GET OVER YOURSELVES I didn’t go to wal-mart often. now i will never shop at that store ever again. nor any other store that comdemns paula. and i have deleted the food channel from my tv. all of you who are so quick to judge. LOOK IN THE MIRROR.

33. Gina Says:
    June 27th, 2013 at 11:35 pm

Dearest Paula, you are an absolute sweetheart and everyone knows it. There is a godless, evil group that is raging forth in today’s society. They are trying to uproot all morality in the world to try and create a place where their evilness looks normal. They say they detest hatred but they are the epitome of hate and will stop at nothing to get their way. They are so hateful and bully everyone to the point that entire corporations are intimidated. The Bible says that these days are coming. They know not what they are doing. The stick with which they measure others will be the same stick that will be used to measure them on Judgment Day. And there will be gnashing of teeth…

34. Brandon Says:
    June 28th, 2013 at 4:29 pm

Ill stop saying it once the africans stop saying it. You ever listen to rap. This is just too hypocrytical for me to even understand. White Christians just get nailed way too much. And they wonder why there is racism. its ridiculous.

Comments