Marie Osmond Announces That She Is Going To Be A Grandmother

June 26, 2013 05:18 AM by Lisa Princ

Marie Osmond is definitely no stranger when it comes to singing and performing, but it’s time for the Dancing with the Stars alum to brush up on her lullabies. That’s right, the 53-year-old announced recently that she is going to be a grandmother!

There is nothing more exciting than the news of a new baby, and Marie Osmond shared her exciting baby news recently. Earlier this week on The Talk, Osmond tried to play a joke on the crowd by telling everyone that she was pregnant, but then revealed that while she is not expecting, her son Stephen Craig and daughter-in-law Claire Olds are indeed expecting a baby.

And Osmond could not contain her overwhelming joy, gushing: “I am so excited I’m going to be a grandma. I just can’t wait. We went in for my son for his birthday, he turned 30 – which is amazing because I’m 29. He blew out the candles and then blew me away and said, ‘You’re going to be a grandma!’ It was really fun.”

Sharon Osbourne, who welcomed her granddaughter in April 2012 was the first to congratulate Osmond on her news, and share her advice about being a grandmother, admitting that having grandchildren is a “gift from God.”

A huge congratulations to Marie Osmond and her family! We can’t wait to hear all the details when the newest member of the Osmond family makes his or her appearance.

What do you think of Marie Osmond’s exciting news? We know you have an opinion, and we want to hear from you! Comment and share your thoughts with us below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about Dancing With The Stars. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Dancing With the Stars.

Photo Credit: ABC

Topics: ABC Reality TV Shows, Dancing With the Stars |

25 Responses to “Marie Osmond Announces That She Is Going To Be A Grandmother”

1. Will Says:
    June 26th, 2013 at 5:31 am

Marie has to be the hottest grandmother ever.

2. Donna Says:
    June 26th, 2013 at 5:33 am

I am so happy for her! and it is indeed a “Gift from God!” without a doubt (:

3. Del Potter Says:
    June 26th, 2013 at 5:49 am

This is great news! Congratulations are in order however its a shame her daughter will not be able to experience this with another woman for it is unnatural. No offense or demeaning language intended it is simply the truth.

4. Carla Says:
    June 26th, 2013 at 6:00 am

I’m so excited for you. I’ve had my first grandchild this past November and I’m totally in LOVE with him! I quit my good paying job to be a stay-at-home grandmother and watch him all week and I still work on the weekends as a cook at my sisters restaurant. Busy, Busy, Busy! I haven’t done much in my gardens this year, but there will be time later for that. He is my world right now! Again, Congratulations!!!

5. Robert Walker Says:
    June 26th, 2013 at 6:26 am

OMG … the world is gonna end now!!

6. adrienneresnick Says:
    June 26th, 2013 at 7:01 am

Congratulations to Marie and her husband on becoming grandparents. I have 5 grandchildren and they are a treasure. The best to all of you.

7. Joe Says:
    June 26th, 2013 at 7:29 am

too bad she married the same idiot. She would not have if she met me. We would both be a lot happier.

8. Richie Says:
    June 26th, 2013 at 7:38 am

She will be A Beautiful & HOT Grandmother

9. Linda Landowski Says:
    June 26th, 2013 at 7:48 am

I’ve always been a fan of Marie. I love to listen to her son Paper Roses on my jukebox. I became a young Grandmother at age 44. I think being a young Grandmother that got Triple Negative Breast Cancer helped me fight harder to live. I know Marie lost her precious son. I know she has non stop Love. Having a Grand baby is just the best thing in the whole world! I have 4 grand babies and 2 step grand sons! I love them all. Congrats to Marie’s family. I know already that will be one Beautiful Baby. Best of luck to all.

10. Ann Says:
    June 26th, 2013 at 7:58 am

I cant believe no one has commented, what not juicy enough for anyone?

11. Susan Taylor Says:
    June 26th, 2013 at 8:08 am

There is nothing like being a grandparent. Wish them all the best.

12. Marilyn Says:
    June 26th, 2013 at 8:09 am

She is the prettiest grandmother I know of! I think she will make a great grandmother! Congratulations, to Marie and her family!

13. Diane DeMarco Says:
    June 26th, 2013 at 8:29 am

I wish her all the good luck in the world. She is so warm and so gorgeous and talented! We love her!

14. susan Says:
    June 26th, 2013 at 8:52 am

really?????? it needs to be publicized ??:?? First there are stories of “stars” having babies NOW we have to hear about grandbabies? Get a grip…there are other people who have babies AND grandbabies on this planet.

15. Geronimo Says:
    June 26th, 2013 at 9:41 am

Your personality on t.v is showing a MAJOR change, since you lost weight. UNFORTUNATELY I tried the Nutri System, and CAN’ T do it, because there is WAYYYYY too much SALT in even the energy bars. You seem to like yourself more, and feel more GLAMOROUS, but why don’t you get your LIPS fixed. They look like you are ALLERGIC to something, always sooooo PUFFY and outta shape.. Otherwise, you look amazing. I just hope that you don’t begin to ACT CONCEDED.

16. Martha Jones Says:
    June 26th, 2013 at 10:52 am

Congratulations on becoming a grandma!! You will be great!

17. GUEST2013 Says:
    June 26th, 2013 at 11:40 am

Marie is going to be a GRANDMOTHER????? NOW, I KNOW that I’m OLD. I used to watch Little Donnie and Marie on TV waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when. Guess it’s time to get my cane and rocking chair!!!

18. Vin Smith Says:
    June 26th, 2013 at 11:44 am

…The late novelist Jack Cady once told me that we need heroes in order to help us to know how to live rightly. Marie Osmond is that kind of hero to me. She is all about family. And that’s the secret!

19. Margie Saxon Says:
    June 26th, 2013 at 12:20 pm

Congratulations on being a Grandmother and to your son & daughter-in-law.

20. Diana Says:
    June 26th, 2013 at 1:05 pm

Congratulations! I’m so happy for you Marie and your family. You are a hot grandma-to-be.

21. Bev shaffer Says:
    June 26th, 2013 at 3:36 pm

Congrats to Marie ,her hubby & family!
    You are a very talented singer and always enjoyed your music. Truly a Blessing from God your grandbaby! I have 6 beautiful grandchildren. 5 Grandaughters,ages,15,13,7,6,3. and one handsome grandson Justin age 9 in May.

22. lucy besser Says:
    June 26th, 2013 at 3:58 pm

u are going to be a great grandmother. cant wait to see if its a girl or boy. but congradulations for being u at all time. u are so wonderful, and for Donny and marie I am a hug fan. then and now for always!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!49

23. Brenda Robinson (Bren) Says:
    June 26th, 2013 at 3:59 pm

Yeah Marie! Congratulations to you. And you look great by the way. You’re a hot looking grandma! I am actually thinking about it more now (thought I would never say that) my oldest who is a son is 24 and not ready to get married yet so he says, but maybe in a couple of years?

24. Sandra Hughes Says:
    June 27th, 2013 at 9:05 am

Congrats on being a Grandma! You & your husband must be just a “Lil” excited? I’m so excited for you! You are one of the most beautiful grandma (@ the age of only 29….will gee, you look like it.) I’m A grandma as well, and I’m 53 years young! I love being a grandma. (They call me “Nana”~ Aiden 4 & Hailey 2. This is sure a “Gift from God”~ I have always wanted to meet you & Donny, will we go way back, since you and I have been 3 years old on the “Andy William show”~ That’s a long time, and we haven’t even meet yet! Maybe one day before I die! You will both make an awesome Grandma & Grandpa, too!:) Congrats & Blessings Always <3

25. hubbahubba Says:
    January 21st, 2014 at 6:14 pm

She is a pain in the neck. Very fake. Trys too hard, a total tool.
    She just seems like a robot. All cottoncandy and rainbows.
    Congrats either way. Well, congrats to all grandparents, she’s not special.

Comments