Scotty McCreery Prepares For Fourth Of July Performance In Washington

July 02, 2013 01:45 PM by Stephanie Gustafson

American Idol alum Scotty McCreery has a jam-packed schedule these days, what with his new Duck Dynasty gig and a nearly completed album. But the singer’s not too busy to set aside some time for celebrating the good ol’ U.S. of A. at this year’s A Capitol Fourth concert.

If you’ve missed seeing Scotty McCreery’s adorable face on the television screen since his victory on American Idol, you’re in luck — the country crooner will be joining in the PBS Independence Day festivities with a performance for the popular broadcast A Capitol Fourth. And as he announced on his Twitter page, the singer feels “honored to be performing at our nation’s Capitol.”

Scotty is just one of several big names featured at the concert; he is joined by such favorites as fellow American Idol champ Candice Glover, Glee star Darren Criss, America’s Got Talent finalist Jackie Evancho, and of course, vocal genius Barry Manilow. Additionally, Academy Award winner John Williams will conduct the National Symphony Orchestra as it plays the soundtrack to the blockbuster film Lincoln.

The musical lineup detailed above is promising, but the best news of all? Once again, A Capitol Fourth will be hosted by none other than Dancing With The Stars goofball Tom Bergeron.  The host says he’s “all set” for the upcoming barrage of interviews…and is especially looking forward to Neil Diamond’s debut of Freedom Song.

The 33rd annual A Capitol Fourth is set to air on (surprise, surprise) July 4th at 8 pm EST. Be sure to tune in for an amazing musical celebration of the United States!

Will you be watching A Capitol Fourth this year? What do you think of the concert lineup? Feel free to share your opinion in the comments section below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about American Idol. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: American Idol.

Photo Credit: FOX

Topics: American Idol, Duck Dynasty, FOX Reality TV Shows |

9 Responses to “Scotty McCreery Prepares For Fourth Of July Performance In Washington”

1. Diana Says:
    July 2nd, 2013 at 2:44 pm

HUGE Scotty fan…………..Saw him a few weeks ago and he was great….

2. GrandmaDotB Says:
    July 2nd, 2013 at 7:49 pm

With Scotty McCreery performing I would not miss this show. Currently, he is headlining his own tour, Weekend Road Trip 2013. On tour, he is singing songs from his platinum selling album, Clear As Day, along with old country favorites and new songs from his upcoming sophomore album to be released in October. I have attended 2 concerts and he is better than ever! Sure hope he includes his new single that he co-wrote, “See You Tonight”, while performing on this July 4th special!! Can’t wait to see him on TV again. I will watch and DVR it so see it over and over!! Thanks PBS. He is my favorite artist – guess you can tell!

3. Anne Says:
    July 2nd, 2013 at 10:17 pm

I will be tuning in to see Scotty McCreery. Sounds like a great show.

4. kay Says:
    July 2nd, 2013 at 10:30 pm

I think it is a fantastic lineup I am looking most forward to see Scotty McCreery. He is such a great role model for kids and a true Country singer. Thanks for picking him to be on the show.

5. Gail Says:
    July 2nd, 2013 at 10:52 pm

I’ve seen Scotty four times, his Road Trip concert is well worth the ticket price. I can’t wait for the 4th of July to see him perform.

6. Denise Says:
    July 3rd, 2013 at 5:24 am

I am really looking forward to the show, I love Patriotic themes. I cant wait to hear Scotty McCreery he is a REAL STAR IN THE MAKING. I love his rich baritone voice.

7. Cathy Mcguire Kosak Says:
    July 3rd, 2013 at 6:31 am

So looking forward to seeing Scotty tomorrow night…he will complete my fourth of July..!!! He is my favorite,and never ceases to amaze me..

8. Mary Says:
    July 3rd, 2013 at 12:13 pm

Can’t wait till tomorrow night!! Scotty McCreery is a true treasure. He is a fantastic performer with a beautiful voice and a fine young man. Can’t wait to hear that velvety voice singing a patriotic song along with his new single See You Tonight!

Happy 4Th to all… ((-:

9. Ann Says:
    July 3rd, 2013 at 1:27 pm

I will be watching my favorite guy Scotty McCreery sing on the 4th what an amazing young man and talent.

Comments