July 17, 2013 06:46 AM by Stephanie Gustafson
Cory Monteith died last weekend, and ever since, the big question among fans is…how? Experts have arrived upon an answer, and unfortunately, it’s not a pretty one — the Glee star and Glee Project mentor died from an overdose of heroin and alcohol.
Although such sources such as Adam Shankman reported that Cory Monteith seemed perfectly fine just hours prior to his death, it appears that the actor was still suffering from the addiction problems that had plagued him for over a decade. As such, like everyone else, Adam and others involved in the production of Glee have been wondering what happened to the fallen star.
Often, autopsies and toxicology reports are incomplete for weeks, but public interest in Cory Monteith’s death has sped up the process. The investigation shows that the actor died from a mix of heroin and alcohol — a particularly deadly combination for somebody who has recently emerged from rehabilitation. As experts report, the first few months after leaving detox can be particularly dangerous, as the body is no longer able to tolerate high drug levels. Unfortunately, this also happens to be the time that recovering individuals are most at risk for relapses. It appears that this is exactly what happened to Cory, who had taken time off from Glee for a visit to rehab.
As was suspected from the start, no foul play was involved in Cory’s death. A recently released statement from the coroner’s office says, “At this point there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith’s death was anything other than a most-tragic accident.”
We hope that Lea Michele and the rest of Cory’s loved ones are able to remain strong in the aftermath of his tragic death.
Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about The Glee Project. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot:Glee.
Photo Credit: FOX