Big Brother 2013 House Guest Defends Racial Remarks

July 21, 2013 06:50 AM by Lisa Princ

If you’ve been watching Big Brother this season, you’ve gotten a glimpse of some of the most controversial contestants to date. While one contestant doesn’t seem to care what anyone thinks of her comments, another appears to be making excuses. Check out what recently evicted Jeremy McGuire had to say about his own behavior!

Big Brother 15 has been full of racial, sexist, and homophobic slurs and comments this season, which has left ¬†fans outraged. While the worst of the bunch, Aaryn, doesn’t give a rats booty what anyone thinks of her remarks, recently evicted Jeremy McGuire is defending his behavior!

When questioned recently by EW about his own remarks, which were caught on the live feeds, Jeremy didn’t seem to see the problem with what he (or anyone else said). “Yeah, I’m not racist, sexist, or homophobic, so I mean, I guess everything can be taken out of context. Everybody in there was friendly with everybody and we weren’t scared to say it in front of each other, so I’m sure it was just twisted and turned in a way to entertain. But I guess we’ll just have to wait and see,” McGuire told the site.

Um, yeah. That’s the biggest bunch of bull we’ve heard in a while, what about you? There really is no excuse for such remarks, in my opinion.

What do you think of all the racial, sexist, and homophobic slurs this season? Have you tuned in to Big Brother 15? What do you think of the new season so far? We know you have an opinion and we want to hear it! Comment below to share your thoughts with us.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook!. Click here for more information about Big Brother. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Big Brother 15.

Photos courtesy of CBS

Topics: Big Brother, CBS Reality TV Shows |

54 Responses to “Big Brother 2013 House Guest Defends Racial Remarks”

1. Rita Oliver Says:
    July 21st, 2013 at 7:10 am

I don’t think live feeds can be dressed up for entertainment like they can do for the shows we see on CBS. Racial slurs are always inappropriate and have no place in our American society today. I really thought Aaryn and Ginamarie should have been evicted, but then I thought no, they should be allowed to dig their holes deeper because their payback will come when they get out.

2. kim howell Says:
    July 21st, 2013 at 7:23 am

I am white and although I have a don’t have a hard time when people use the n word, because of the reason the black people that complain about it also use the same word and I don’t think that is right. I am appalled at someone who is a model suppose to be setting example to others is saying things such as go cook some rice and yeh what u going to do about it mocking Candace and a way a black person talks. the simple fact that she thinks she is something I cannot wait for her to go, if she doesn’t go this week im done watching I know why they put Jeremy out before her but if they don’t put her out this week im done because I will be sick if she makes it to jury for the real moneyu

3. Dawn Says:
    July 21st, 2013 at 7:25 am

I think that Aaryn and Gina Marie should shut their pie holes but….what they jobs did is I think illegal. They cannot tell others somebody is fired until they tell the person. I hope they sue them. Not saying I wouldn’t like to smack both of them but…

4. Aaron Says:
    July 21st, 2013 at 7:31 am

I just really want to see Aaryn’s reaction to finding out she’s been fired. I really hope they show that. Same with GinaMarie, she’s the worst. BLEH!

5. censi childs Says:
    July 21st, 2013 at 7:37 am

I hope this is it for Big Brother. I am sick of the Jerry Springeresque contestants and it has gotten OLD, OLD, OLD…
    Not entertaining any longer. And it the atmosphere of racial relations that this country is dealing with… this makes me SICK!!

Kill this freaking show and buy it once and for all!

6. Hank Says:
    July 21st, 2013 at 8:04 am

Yeah ,I think CBS must approve and condone all the racist, sexist, and homophobic remarks the people made. They encourage it . Those people should have been removed from the show.
    CBS loves all the remarks made. They approve totally.
    These people were fired from their jobs.
    CBS should have done the same thing.

I will never watch a CBS program again.
    Everyone should ban the network and fire CBS.

7. April Vitulli Says:
    July 21st, 2013 at 8:10 am

I like the season so far, however they need to evict Aaryn because she does not care about the rude and hurtful things that are coming out of that Southern mouth of her’s. Also I would love to see the interview with Julie Chen outside the house.

8. T McCarthy Says:
    July 21st, 2013 at 9:11 am

You can’t take something racist/homophobic/or bigoted out of context…It was said and there is NO defending it. It wasn’t edited that way, since it was seen on the live feeds which are NOT edited. Jeremy you were a tool inside the house and you’re a tool outside…

9. Tayla Says:
    July 21st, 2013 at 9:17 am

Actually what Jeremy is saying is true. Maybe some of them were true but most the time they were joking. You wouldn’t know if you don’t watch the feeds.

10. Shannon Says:
    July 21st, 2013 at 9:44 am

Jeremy wouldn’t know a clue if it was handed to him, and labeled, he’s a dumb as a rock. None of these racists in the Big Brother House think they are saying or doing anything wrong, they were raised that way, they think it’s just fine to make racist, homophobic and sexist remarks, and furthermore, they don’t care. Mommy & Daddy will fix it all up for them. Jeremy, Kaitlin, GinaMarie, Aaryn and Spencer are just foaming at the mouth with nasty things to say about other people based on skin color, religion, gender and sexual orientation. Aaryn and GinaMarie are the worse with the racial slurs and it’s not just what they say, they are physically aggressive too. And what’s the parents answer to this, they defend them, in fact Aaryn’s parents have hired a PR firm to spin her behavior and try to get her off the hook. Trash, they are all just gutter trash, raised by the same.

11. Ms Kasey Says:
    July 21st, 2013 at 10:12 am

I love Big Brother however I don’t like the racial tension this season. I also dislike how house guests utilize the HOH room like they have won the privilege! Totally not fair to Judd

12. Debbie T Says:
    July 21st, 2013 at 10:23 am

Aaron should be fired from the show. She is very racist and has no conscious or feelings. She is a conceited, spoiled brat.

13. raisa Says:
    July 21st, 2013 at 10:25 am

aaryn’s comments were undeniably racial and I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s how she was raised, but what about jean-marie and kaitlyn? they didn’t make comments but they went along with it and laughed-they are such ugly so-called humans!i do think though that sometimes our society has gotten TOO politically correct and there is no freedom of speech. spencer’s remarks WERE true-hitler WAS a great orator and general. that’s just a FACT, that doesn’t make spenser a Nazi!

14. Connie Says:
    July 21st, 2013 at 10:26 am

Just a self righteous PIG! He, Katlyn, GinaMarie and most of all Aaryn are complete and utter PIGS!

15. Jan Says:
    July 21st, 2013 at 10:31 am

It’s called ‘denial’. What a jerk. And of course he’s from Texas. I’m starting to be embarrassed about being a Texan.

16. paul lukasiak Says:
    July 21st, 2013 at 10:40 am

I surprised that no one has confronted Jeremy about his anti-semitic remarks. Even on his last day in the house, when asked what he would like done in the house after he was gone, he pointed toward two other players whom he wanted out because “Spencer and Howard, they jewed both of us.” (this convo took place a 3:02 PM on 7/18, for those who have the feeds…)

17. Nancy Says:
    July 21st, 2013 at 10:49 am

Aaryn is disgusting as Jeremy was as well. I am sad to think that some young people act and feel that way. Candice is beautiful and I am pulling for her. Elissa is pretty and nice and did not deserve to be treated the way Jeremy treated her. So hoping they get rid of the rest of the creeps and go forward to a fun show like it usually is. I notice they put a disclaimer on before the show, and proud of CBS for that. Bullying is not entertainment as the slurs and comment are not either! Good luck Aaryn and Jeremy you will be be popular outside the house, you both have hurt youself. OH and Jeremy you are not good looking,your attitude makes you ugly! I am glad you are gone so I don’t have to listen to you brag on yourself UGH!!!

Thanks for letting me vent!

18. deborah deutsch Says:
    July 21st, 2013 at 10:58 am

Yah right Jeremy, as a native you should know better. There is NO EXCUSE for the talk that went on in the house…

19. MikeE Says:
    July 21st, 2013 at 10:59 am

Don’t care about Jeremy, the most interesting one is Aaryn, she’s a hot train-wreck. I think I could fix her. If she leaves I’m cancelling my feeds. About the racism, just look at the racism created by TV going on right now, you can’t believe anything you see on TV, its all 100% for corporate profit.

20. john Says:
    July 21st, 2013 at 10:59 am

everyone comment ing the racist joke but what about the blonde jokes about aaryn about being blondeno different

21. Jenerrific713 Says:
    July 21st, 2013 at 11:09 am

Jeremy is a complete idiot. I’ve heard him say similar things in other interviews, as well. He hasn’t learned anything and it will probably be a very long time (if ever) before he changes. He has the full support of his family who, for some inexplicable reason, think he walks on water and can do no harm. It’s easy to see where he gets that obnoxious, insufferable attitude. He sticks someones hat inside his butt crack, it’s HER fault. He makes anti-semitic remarks and uses “Jew” as a verb, it’s perfectly acceptable because he said it, “to the Jew girl’s face.” He claims the LIVE feeds are edited and his words have been twisted. (Hello season 14 Shane & Dani).

This is precisely what happens when houseguests are scouted. Or in Jeremy’s case, his mommy was the BB fan and filled out the application for him. He’d never seen an episode until he sat in sequester before the show and CBS provided him with a few seasons to watch. His game play confirms this. And yet, going out 3rd of 16, he is claiming to be a champ. I think we can all agree, Chump, seems much more apropos. :)

22. knight2000 Says:
    July 21st, 2013 at 11:24 am

Good for him, glad he is not kowtowing to the pc crowd who are making more of this then warranted, especially in his case.

As for the season, the MVP thing is horrible other then that it’s been fine and feeds entertaining.

23. Sally Says:
    July 21st, 2013 at 11:36 am

I think it’s a hoot that two of the houseguests are going to be evicted to find that they’re fired from their “real” jobs. Jeremy has an inflated sense of self, which should calm down now that his 15 minutes of fame are over.

24. CW Says:
    July 21st, 2013 at 11:56 am

He is oblivious to what has gone on outside since this has become an issue. This group of houseguests are among the most IMMATURE, OBNOXIOUS, sheltered group I have ever seen. They have a big awakening coming and maybe then some of them will grow up a little and think of others before they open their mouths. Aaryn though is another story. She is a spoiled, selfish, rude self centered child. She needs a swift kick in the butt. Hopefully the real world will do that for her but it will take more than that for her to understand just how bad she comes off to everyone else. Looks fade, your true personality will always be there and if it is not good you will never achieve what you think you deserve. Grow up Aaryn!!!!

25. Ramona Hernandez Says:
    July 21st, 2013 at 11:58 am

This type of behavior should not be tolerated. In the past Big Brother constants were cast out for throwing furniture. So why did they make an exception with Aaryn when she overturned Candice’s bed. This shows that CBS allows this behavior and is also showing favoritism towards different races. So production is at fault for allowing this type of behavior. Racial, sexist and homophobic slurs should not be allowed at all. We Americans are trying to stop bullying from happening as it is physically and mental long our children, yet we have tv reality shows allowing this behavior. This is so sad. I hope someone files a law-suite against big brother CBS show. This has caused a lot of opened wounds emotionally.

26. Cadee Says:
    July 21st, 2013 at 12:20 pm

I think what is even worse is the fact that Julie Chen and her husband are so GREEDY that they allowed this girl to remain on the show. They show a disclaimer. ANYTHING to keep the drama going even at the expense of individuals at which the insults are being said. Paula Deen loses a fortune for a word that she said forty years ago, but we have to sit and watch this being said by ignorant, self-centered jerks and NOTHING IS DONE ABOUT IT. Julie you and your husband should be ashamed of yourselves.

27. Sharon Says:
    July 21st, 2013 at 12:46 pm

I hated what I saw in the BB House. I have the live feeds, I heard it, saw it, no doubt there were horrible racist remarks said by Aaryn and Gina Marie and a few others who went along with them. Amanda was the only one who had the nerve to say something directly to Aaryn who is oblivious to her actions. It’s how they were raised and blame their parents. Too bad this still goes on in our country. Aaryn and Gina Marie deserved to be fired from their jobs since they are suppose to be role models for young girls. Jeremy is thinking with the wrong part of his anatomy when it comes to the pretty girls racist behavior in the house. He needs to watch the live feeds and find out nothing was twisted. Can’t wait for the racists to be removed from the house and find out that America does not like them.

28. Peter Penderson Says:
    July 21st, 2013 at 2:06 pm

Someone needs to inform Jeremy the asshat that “jew” is not a verb. And that women probably don’t wish to be referred to as “meat wallets” (although with Kaitlin, you never know — these two definitely deserve each other). Not to mention all the other racist filth –including all the Native American stereotypes he kept spouting– that came out of this kid’s mouth. He is definitely one of the most odious pieces of garbage ever to be on reality television.

29. Chris Says:
    July 21st, 2013 at 2:17 pm

What did Jeremy say? Only one I’ve seen the focus on is Aaryn and GM.
    I did say Jeremy pull a Jeff once and let the F bomb drop then appoligized right after he did it with Kat telling him he can’t say things like that. Jeff during his season said the same thing.

Aaryn on the other hand seems to have been raised this way and is clueless she’s even dumping racist remarks like it’s her job.

30. Moviegal Says:
    July 21st, 2013 at 2:32 pm

Apparently, the jackass doesn’t understand that we both saw and heard him make those statements – so there is NO out of context excuse! What crappola!

31. Celinka Says:
    July 21st, 2013 at 2:51 pm

There has been a lot of disrespect this year. I was outraged by all the remarks and the bullying. I think if you`re raised to believe that it`s ok to say certain things, it causes that person to be ignorant and believe they said nothing wrong. I think that may be Aaryn`s case. Others KNOW they are at fault. I am 30 and try to teach good values to my step kids with my husband. Bullying and racism, sexism, any kind of preducide is a no-no. People are different and unique and we must love and respect everyone. On BBCanada, we saw GaryGlitter be a good role model for people who have been victims of racism and prejudice. As someone who admires him, I`d be curious to know his thoughts about all this. For myself, it angers me. Some people just have no scruples.

32. jalex Says:
    July 21st, 2013 at 2:52 pm

We used to watch every season, until this one. I am so done with watching this group of entitled 20 somethings. It’s not entertaining to watch the next generation of “think they know it all’s” interacting with each other. This was the worse group of house guest every to appear on this show. Period. If there continues to be no improvement in house guest selection next season, we will not be viewing it either.

33. Hazel Says:
    July 21st, 2013 at 3:14 pm

I guess Jeremy can have that opinion (such as, “I’m sure it was just twisted and turned in a way to entertain”). When you use racial, homophobic or any verbal slurs. . . . it is NOT entertainment when “you” are on the receiving end, which he wasn’t. To me, it was used to hurt. It’s not only the words, it’s also the tone and manner in which something is said. Let’s hope these individuals as well as the public can learn from this.
    “if you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all”, is a good rule to follow.

34. Martha Says:
    July 21st, 2013 at 3:27 pm

I’m tired of political correctness.

35. Connie Says:
    July 21st, 2013 at 9:15 pm

Amanda made a racial remark last night!!!

36. Okiedokie Says:
    July 21st, 2013 at 11:02 pm

You really are offended by remarks said in Big Brother? Were you as offended by Evel Dick’s action toward women? He poured a glass of tea on a lady and constantly made horrible remarks about her and her underwear ad nauseum. Grow up. There was nothing said that was any different than any other season. Fans got mad at a girl for putting up their favorite and every word she said, they scrutinized with a fine tooth comb.

37. cyninoregon Says:
    July 21st, 2013 at 11:35 pm

I was shocked by the anti-Asian comments, slurs and acting out that we heard these idiots throw back and forth as entertainmant. The African American slurs were the same old same old, people that could not compete falling back on mean stereotypes in an attempt to shore up unity with other losers…

What really horrifies me is something everyone ignores–the anti-female comments they through around. Every female was a “b” and a “c.” They fit 3 “c” words in a single sentence. And worst of all was the night the males and females fantasized raping a black female houseguest, because according to Spencer, “everyone knows blood and tears make thew best lube.” All laughed. Except those on the feeds. We talked about how low the producers would stoop to cast people who create controversy, publicity and ratings.

38. Deborah Says:
    July 22nd, 2013 at 1:33 am

On behalf of my Cherokee family, Jeremy, STFU!

39. scooobie Says:
    July 22nd, 2013 at 7:13 am

I agree with Jeremy. All taken out of context. BB wants it this way so people will tune in. Most comments were jokingly said but BB making a big deal out of it. It’s all fixed anyway.

40. BillytheMountain Says:
    July 22nd, 2013 at 9:43 am

Nobody who watches ANY reality TV show gets to call anybody else stupid. If you watch reality TV, YOU are stupid. And Lisa: how about citing some examples of what you are taking exception to rather than just vague references. Its called journalism.

41. Sandy Says:
    July 22nd, 2013 at 10:44 am

Big Brother is sad this year. Aryan is a bully, and I hope the public puts her up this week for eviction. She is definitely a mean girl, and it’s a shame because she’s pretty. I’ve known beautiful girls who were just as beautiful on the inside, but this one is ugly inside. She deserves her comeuppance, and she’s going to get it as soon as she leaves the house. I feel sorry for her in a way.

42. fREAKNeck Says:
    July 23rd, 2013 at 11:40 am

This world has gotten so PC it’s friggin ridiculous. If there’s a black girl that “sounds white”, most of the time, yet, when she’s angry she starts head-bobbing, one hand on her hip, the other waving in the air, like your stereotypical black woman behavior, what wrong to say she acting “all ghetto”? That’s what it is. Is that what happened? Was she acting “all ghetto”? Isn’t that what blacks would call that type of behavior? Sometimes, facts are facts. Every fact isn’t racism.

I don’t think most black folk of today have any idea what *real* racism is (or most white folk for that matter)……just like those claiming Obama is turning the US into a socialist/communist country….I’m guessing anyone that fled socialist/communist tyranny in the 40′s, 50′s, and 60′s would be laughing at those people today calling Obama a socialist, because they really have no understanding of what is to really be socialist.

OK. From this point forward, you can not laugh at, nor tell any jokes, nor make any funny comments, that are about ethnicity, religion, race, gays, retarded people, midgets, women, foreigners, or pets, old people, young people. From this point forward, the only humor allowed is “against” white males from 18-54 years of age.

43. claudia Says:
    July 23rd, 2013 at 1:08 pm

OMG! No one holds a gun to our heads and makes us watch this! If you are unhappy, turn the TV off! However, my husband and I are very annoyed with the racist, homophobic words, and it does seem there might be a case for ignorant parenting. Children learn what you teach, and Aaryn acts like what her parents taught. So sad, we live in the most wonderful country, and this is how some of our citizens act.

44. William Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 9:50 am

A couple of these folks defending the trash coming out of these clowns’ mouths are Oklahomans. This entire region (OK & TX) is largely populated by that type of neanderthal, so much so, that a Jeremy is revealing something to you all about what is the norm, accepted behavior in these areas. You don’t have to accept it, but, I’ve lived here most of my life, unfortunately, and, I fully understand why Jeremy doesn’t see anything out of the ordinary about certain speech. Such sentiments are enforced by the powers that be, as well, thus, your exaggerated representation of incarcerated black & brown-skinned individuals.
    The only reason Jeremy began to caution Aaryn about the possible repercussions of her remarks is because the chance that it would lead to her being voted out of the house, not because he felt it might be offensive to anyone.
    Where he lives, Aaryn would be the homecoming queen, most likely to succeed, and, the girl he’d take home to mom!

45. Ramon Smith Says:
    July 25th, 2013 at 11:42 am

None of the comments on Big Brother was surprising to me. As an African-American female I’ve heard almost all Black jokes. For everyone that’s offended it shouldn’t surprise you either. This country was built on racism and sexism, homophobia came later. Short history lesson—England sent to the New World all its undesirables(murderers,rapist,vagabonds,etc.)and lower-class nobles; they used kidnapped,enslaved Africans as work machinery to build their(white America)country on lands stolen from Native-Americans and Mexicans; when they could no longer use the free labor of enslaved Africans,stole all the land they could from the Native Americans, and built their railroads with Asian hands, they allowed some of the lowest class of whites(Irish,Scots,Italians) to claim their whiteness,pitting poor whites against everyone else, while they(white America)relegates them to poor white Appalachian trash and relegating themselves as to have the God’s given rights to rule everyone. So is anyone surprised at the comments made by these young people. White privilege has/is passed down from generation to generation. White privilege lets one get away with such comments because they don’t realize and don’t care that it hurts a segment of Americans because if you’re not white then you are seen and treated as the other, sometimes the inhuman other. White people have always been able to say whatever it is that they wanted to say, so now being too politically correct or speech-monitoring is offensive to some of them. They see African-Americans, Asian-Americans, Latin Americans, and Native-Americans as going overboard and being too sensitive.

46. KayStar Says:
    July 25th, 2013 at 1:53 pm

I love Big Brother! Jeremy must have been pretending that he was “one of them” making those racist remarks, because isn’t he an Indian? That’s a minority in this here United States, mister! You are looked down on, as well! Sorry folks, but I’m just speaking the truth.

47. Ann Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 5:38 am

I think that the guests are showing who they are and what is in their hearts. The racial slurs shows the ugliness they have inside. It is like a delicious looking apple but when you bite into it you find a worm and its filth. I think that the companies that fired the trash made excellent decisions. You are judged by the company you keep. They have high standards and I believe that there are high quality workers that are lovely on the outside and inside that are deserving of the positions. WAY TO GO!!!!! They were proactive in kicking the trash to the trashman!!

48. mickey Says:
    July 30th, 2013 at 8:11 am

I’m really enjoy BB this season. Have watched it since it’s beginning, and this one is the most fun. I’ve heard all the racist comments, can only laugh at those who make them because they don’t have a clue. Aaryn is just a “mean girl” but she will learn she has to check her words. She is still very immature. She cracks me up!

49. kim howell Says:
    July 30th, 2013 at 3:35 pm

does anyone remember the season where the black girl tossed the mic and was evicted but arron tossed the mattresses and is still there just because the…CBs better grow some balls and deal with that train wreck if you evict and escort her out of the house for tossing something you should do it for all

50. Gwen Says:
    July 31st, 2013 at 9:08 pm

CBS should be ashamed of this racist show. I’m surprised to see such a tv station condone this type of behavior for the whole world to see and promote it. Aaryn and Gina Marie should have been evicted when this happened. Now, they could win the dirty money from CBS. I blame Julie Chen for promoting all of this hate and racist remarks, she is behind all of this. PLEASE PEOPLE, LET’S BOYCOTT THIS SHOW!!!

51. Gwen Says:
    July 31st, 2013 at 9:35 pm

I also think Julie Chen and her husband is helping Helen on the show, Helen said something low as if, someone is helping her stay in the house. There were racist remarks against Helen as an Asian now you don’t hear them. Only regarding the blacks in the house. The two blacks are being so mistreated by all of the house guests. Aaryn made a statement that the blacks are only “TOKENS.” This type of “TOKEN” behavior has been since the beginning of the Big Brother show as well as “The Talk” Julie Chen daytime show. I WILL BOYCOTT BIG BROTHER AND THE TALK IMMEDIATELY!!!!!

52. Jerry Says:
    August 1st, 2013 at 4:43 pm

Why does the live audience applaud the ones who have been evicted? A loud BOO would send a message to the clowns inside the house.
    Big Brother was better when it had an older group of house guests. This group I’d have thrown out the first day.

53. Skye Says:
    August 7th, 2013 at 6:46 am

Nobody’s buying what your selling Jeremy. Good luck getting a job. Worst season ever of this show.

54. Suzea Says:
    November 29th, 2013 at 8:55 pm

This whole comment section begs a loud question: Why are you guys watching something you all hate? Those words they spew, that attitude they brazenly display is 100% disgusting, and nauseating,and you are wise enough to know it. But wise or not, it is our fault such filth, racist and bigotry remains alive; we watch it. If everyone tunes out CBS, or just that one show, for airing such idiotic junk you described in every comment, they might just get the idea their audience is more intelligent than CBS gives them credit.

Comments