Rae Dawn Chong Defends Her Remarks About Oprah Winfrey

July 22, 2013 12:06 PM by Lisa Princ

Oprah Winfrey was recently slammed in an interview by her The Color Purple co-star, Rae Dawn Chong, and it was not pretty! Now, Chong is defending her remarks, claiming that certain parts were taken out of context.

According to TMZ, during a recent radio interview, Rae Dawn Chong blasted Oprah Winfrey. “If you look at the way Oprah looks, she looks like 60 years ago she would have been a house keeper luckily. She would have not been a house n**ger she would have been a field n**ger,” was just one of the many nasty remarks that Chong made.

Now, Chong wants to defend her remarks and clarify a few things. The bitter actress took to Facebook to post: “OMG I wake up to TMZ highlighting comments I made on a radio show out of context. I swear I did not JUST say O was a field N and I was making a point about America during slave times…and I stand behind what I said but out of context it is bad.”

Rae Dawn also spoke to TMZ in an attempt to clear up some of the mess she started, or at least try to make herself look better. Chong told the site: “In context, I was actually complimenting Oprah. Do I have issues with Oprah? Yes. Am I perfect? No. Do I take back everything I said? No. Am in pain that it has caused pain to me, to her? Yes.”

Yeah, we’re pretty sure that she was not complimenting Oprah, what do you think?

What do you think of Rae Dawn Chong’s comments about Oprah Winfrey? We know you have an opinion and we want to hear it. Comment below to share your thoughts with us!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook!. Click here for more information about The Own Network. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Reality TV.

Photo courtesy of WENN!

Topics: The OWN Network Reality TV Shows |

8 Responses to “Rae Dawn Chong Defends Her Remarks About Oprah Winfrey”

1. Narva Says:
    July 22nd, 2013 at 2:26 pm

Rae been smoking her dads weed!!!!

2. Narva Says:
    July 22nd, 2013 at 5:38 pm

So what!

3. sandi Says:
    July 23rd, 2013 at 10:27 am

Stupid, irresponsible comments like this keep the race wars going. Her comments only show her ignorance. I’m not a fan of Oprah BUT, at least she has more class in her pinkie than rae dawn chong. Kind of explains why Oprah is so famous and rae who? is NOT!!!!!

4. Deborah Says:
    July 23rd, 2013 at 9:25 pm

I’m not a big fan Of Ms. Winfrey but she doesn’t deserve what this has been House N…… said about her. Where in the world has Rae Dawn Chong been for the last 30 years? Yes, she made Commando with “Arnold” the movie was a flop. Chong made other movies I think! Oprah Winfrey is a rich and powerful woman and so classy. Rae Dawn Chong has so much hate and jealousy in her “mixed mind” she has totally made a complete fool of herself. The racial slurs are unforgivable. I’ve had friends ask me who the hell is Rae Dawn Chong? Believe it or not some younger people have never heard of the movie The color purple and RDC. I hope the doors of Hollywood will continue to remain closed for this out of control racist. Continue being a house N…..Rae Dawn Chong. You will never be anything else. You need to keep your dirty mouth closed.

5. Renee Wilson Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 12:26 pm

Rae Chong is obviously a hater, someone who doesn’t love herself and a disgrace to the “Black Community”. The comments she made are exactly what our forefathers and great leaders have fought against.

I happen to be a huge fan and admirer of Oprah. It’s no need for Oprah to comment because RAE’s character speaks in volume!

P.S- “Who is Rae Dawn Chong anyway”? I googled her after hearing the story because NONE of my friends nor I recognized her name”!

6. haoleboy Says:
    August 4th, 2013 at 5:35 pm

just more proof blacks are more into playing the race card even against each other

7. gerald ellis Says: