Snooki And JWoww Blocked From Filming Spin-Off Reality Show

July 24, 2013 08:21 AM by Stephanie Gustafson

Jersey Shore may be over, but Snooki and JWoww continue to share their adventures on the appropriately named series Snooki & JWoww. Unfortunately, the two hit a few snags in the filming process when they were banned from a town they had hoped would serve as the perfect backdrop.

Snooki and JWoww are used to getting their way, so it should come as no surprise that the two were very angry when they learned they would be unable to film their spin-off reality show in Berkely Township’s Pelican Island. Apparently, the residents of this small town felt that the filming of Snooki & JWoww in their locale would lead to excessive noise. Representing this group of locals, attorney Ronald Gasiorowski explained, “It’s not someone who is living in this house as a resident, or having a summer vacation there. They’re taking this house and they’re converting it into a commercial use.

Of course, by expressing their disapproval, the residents of Pelican Island were bound to step on a few toes. And it appears they have managed to anger two very influential reality stars with the implication that their presence would be anything less than neighborhood friendly. Snooki responded with an impressive Twitter rant, advising locals to “Grow up, get over yourself and move on.” She added, “Insult my son and fiancé, and I will go mama bear on your —-. If my ‘actions’ like playing with my son is bringing the wrong ‘crowd,’ obviously we are on two different pages here.”

Who do you side with on this local spat? Snooki and JWoww? Or the residents of Pelican Island? Feel free to share your opinion in the comments section below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about Jersey Shore. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Jersey Shore.

Photo Credit: MTV

Topics: Jersey Shore, MTV Reality TV Shows |

11 Responses to “Snooki And JWoww Blocked From Filming Spin-Off Reality Show”

1. donna clark Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 8:46 am

Everyone has a right to their own opinion.Not personally a fan of the cast of Jersey Shore,but I’ll bet the businesses of Pelican Island are going to miss that additional revenue the filming would have produced,as will the owner of the property they were going to rent.Also,what about the taxes and permit fees the town stood to gain?I can understand the townspeople want peace and quiet but it seems to me they are looking down their noses at Snooki & co,like they’re not good enough to be in their town.Guess I’ll cross Pelican Island off my bucket list!

2. AlphaOmega Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 9:55 am

Donna you are an idiot. These whores are trash. You’re upset because the town doesn’t want more money? So reputations mean nothing anymore? You’re trash too.

3. Beth Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 10:59 am

They are upset because Pelican Island is extremely small. Of 150 housebolds, only 20 have been able to return after Hurrican Sandy. They are still rebuilding. Furthermore, being a small town the streets can get very crowded with regular tourism, nevermind with the film crew that will follow these two wherever they go. As much as they like to say they just want to vacation there, the reality is they are filming a show which is likely to be extremely disruptive to a small, peaceful coastal town in the process of rebuilding. If they were just looking to vacation without the camera crew, I’m sure there would be no problem.

4. Kay Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 11:08 am

I can’t stand these reality people. I say good for Pelican Bay for taking a stand against them. Who needs that kind of trash in their neighborhood? They aren’t role models, they aren’t doing anything good and worthwhile for anyone but themselves….they are extremely immature. Nobody should have to put up with their crap.

5. CB Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 11:59 am

Kudos to the town! We have to start saying no to these idiots who think the world just loves them and they have a God given right to do whatever they want, wherever they want! F–K ‘em! The only productive thing they have done is given us an example of how people should NOT behave!

6. CB Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 12:03 pm

Now Snooki thinks she is so mature now that she has given birth? BULL S__T! Her reaction proves she is still the same ole skank! If anyone need to grow up and get over herself, it’s Snooki!

7. Republicans Suck Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 12:07 pm

Just NO! to Snooki! she might infect everyone in that town and they will have to lock it down and sanitize everything.

8. Justin Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 1:22 pm

Uhh…? If Jersey Shore was canceled, Why would anyone expect to see these two nothings do nothing. A brick has as much talent than the entire cast.

9. Someone Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 1:44 pm

GOOD! I totally understand why people would not want something like this filmed in their neighborhood. These two have no talent, they aren’t actors and they have nothing positive to give the world if they actually end up on TV again. People who watch “reality” shows are shown to have lower income, a lower IQ and are shown to be less happy in life. Maybe people are tired of watching stupid people on TV with no value and nothing interesting to say. I am SICK TO DEATH of reality shows and I hope I never have to look at these two on TV, OR hear stupid names like “Snooki” and “Jwoww” ever again. Who really cares about these morons? I never understood why anyone watches garbage like this. Can’t people just write good fictional shows?

10. Will Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 1:51 pm

I think their 15 minutes of fame should have ended a long time ago. They should take it as a sign that no one wants them in their town and they should just give up acting because I think they are lousy actresses, I watched their show once and could not make it past 10 minutes before I had to change the channel.

11. melanie Says:
    July 24th, 2013 at 2:58 pm

I agree, with Pelican. They want their peace & quiet,take the gutter trash back to JS. They make money off ratings, you watch em, you pay em as well. Im sorry SNOOKS & J’EWWWWW, but your gutter trash & your tanning lotion sucks!!! Unless you wanna be a willy wonka midget :)

Comments