July 26, 2013 06:33 AM by Lisa Princ

Ever since American Idol fans learned that Randy Jackson, Nicki Minaj, and Mariah Carey would not be returning next season, we’ve all been wondering what Keith Urban‘s fate was, as well as who else could possibly join the judging panel. Now, rumor has it that the show is seeking to add Jennifer Lopez back to the panel, as well as bring Keith Urban back for the new season!

While many fans seem to agree that Keith Urban did a great job on the panel of American Idol this past season, there has been no official word on whether or not the Country star would be returning. However, in a recent interview, Ryan Seacrest may have just let the cat out of the bag!

When asked by Taste of Country about Keith Urban returning to the hit singing show, Seacrest gushed about how much he loved Urban, and then added: “I think, based on what I have heard, the audience that watches American Idol is going to be very excited about the panel that we’ve put together for this Season 13.” While that may not have been an official confirmation, it sure sounds like it to us, especially since the majority of viewers loved Keith Urban on the show.

As for the rest of the panel, rumor also has it that Jennifer Lopez may be coming back, and is in talks with the show. According to a report from the Hollywood Reporter, Jennifer Lopez is interested in a return, if the price tag is good enough. The site claims that her manager is trying to work out a deal with the show.

Do you want to see Jennifer Lopez or Keith Urban on the new season of American Idol? We know you have an opinion and we want to hear it so sound off in the comments and let us know.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about American Idol. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: American Idol.

Photo Credit: FOX

Topics: American Idol, FOX Reality TV Shows, Jennifer Lopez |

11 Responses to “American Idol Looking To Bring Back Keith Urban And Jennifer Lopez For New Season”

1. Laurie Wasserman Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 6:49 am

Keith Urban is my favorite performer on the planet and he is such a great guy. I just saw him front row last night. I also love J-Lo and I think their rapport would be fantastic!

2. scotty Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 7:12 am

Through in Eddie Murphy and Smokie Robinson and you will have a great panel.

3. Kenneth L. Luck Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 7:40 am

I have been watching Idol for the past 12 years. However, if you do not get this one right I fear the ratings will fall of the charts and Idol will end after this season. The show is lacking continutiy. My suggestion is to bring back Randy and Paula. Also to include JLow and Keith.

4. Terri Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 7:41 am

I love both of them, bring them back, it will surely be interesting to see who the other 2 judges will be!

5. Nancy Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 8:06 am

Keith Urban and Jennifer Lopez would be great together. Add in Smokie Robinson or Adam Lambert,
    both are so talented and boy can they sing.

6. joseph Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 8:21 am

yes jennifer lopez and keith urban will be great.rating was good with them and all the fans and if american idol would carry just three that would be even better.thanks

7. Robin Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 8:35 am

I def agree that Keith Urban deserves to be back as judge…He knows his music, he has a passion for it, hes been in numerous talent shows himself so he understands what its all about…I think he was a GREAT judge and agreed with him all the time on his comments to the contestants…Bring him back!!!! J-LO, not impressed…

8. angie Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 8:44 am

I love Jennifer Lopez in anything she does, and I loved her on Idol,best season of Idol. I loved Keith Urban on Idol.I’m a big fan of his.He was the only judge I liked last season. I’ve always liked Randy, sorry he’s leaving! I am very excited that Jennifer & Keith might come back.

9. Brian Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 8:47 am

Keith Urban and Jennifer Lopez would shoot the rankings back to the top, as for an American Idol Alumni… I just don’t think that really works. Also don’t need four judges take it back to three, it was much better to shorten the judges decision time, four was too much….How bout somebody who everybody likes say maybe Bret Michaels added to the panel.

10. Dee Says:
    July 26th, 2013 at 8:47 am

I didn’t watch at all last year due to that trashy Minaj, but I heard good things about Keith Urban. Jennifer Lopez was a class act, although she was a little too nice in my opinion. But I do think the two of them could be a good team. It’s about providing constructive feedback, not just beating them up or boosting their egos. They still need someone with a production background though…Quincy Jones would be good, but he’s getting pretty old. Maybe somebody with a little edge, like Timbaland or Dr Dre?

11. BRENDA RAFFERTY Says:
    July 29th, 2013 at 11:02 am

Would love it if Keith came back!! He was so genuine with the contestants and JLo never lip synced her songs (hint, hint Mariah). Hope to know the judges soon…anxiously awaiting!

Comments