Food Network Star: Fans Angered By Stacey’s Elimination

August 06, 2013 03:38 AM by Stephanie Gustafson

The finale of Food Network Star is upon us, but unfortunately, it looks like Stacey Poon-Kinney’s attempt at Food Network glory has drawn to a close. Fans of the reality show were disappointed to see their favorite contestant mercilessly axed in the semi-finals. Did the judges make the wrong choice?

Early on in this season of Food Network Star, it seemed that Stacey was destined for victory. Her polished demeanor seemed like it could be a great asset on a show that is sometimes criticized for choosing style over substance. But that polish wound up seeming more and more phony as the season continued, with Stacey starting to feel just a little less than genuine in her approach.

But although some viewers felt that Stacey erred too much on the side of sleazy salesperson, others remained devoted to the contestant’s healthier approach. The three finalists, by comparison, offered ideas that, while probably delicious, were also incredibly high on the calories. Viewers trying to watch their weight feel that the show’s contestants have the responsibility to pitch the occasional healthy item, something they feel has not been accomplished through finalists Russell and Rodney’s creations.

Although she did not make the final cut, Stacey Poon-Kinney is still glad she was able to compete on Food Network Star. Following her TV elimination, Stacey tweeted, “So grateful for the opportunity to share on #FoodNetworkStar.” Also grateful for all the support from fans, friends and family members, the reality contestant posted, “When I came home from #foodnetworkstar, I came home to love.”

Are you sad to see Stacey Poon-Kinney out of the running on Food Network Star? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook!. Click here for more information on Reality TV. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Reality TV.

Photo Credit: Food Network

Topics: Food Network Reality TV Shows |

17 Responses to “Food Network Star: Fans Angered By Stacey’s Elimination”

1. Shirley Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 6:46 am

It’s been apparent from the beginning that the “Pie Man” is nothing but a mess when it comes to his cooking – even acknowledged by the judges. They have said his food is inconsistent and he proved that many times. However, from all of the comments made it was obvious that they wold keep him and let Stacy go. Ratings over common sense.

2. Melinda Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 8:17 am

Judges, you are making the same mistake you made with the Sandwich King. A year from now, no one will be watching him. Stacy should never have been eliminated! She is polished, her presentation is fresh and she is solid in her knowledge of cooking which we viewers are looking for. The Pie Man talks too fast, has nothing to bring to the table and I find his presentation dated and in poor taste (his use of slang is appalling).

3. Sandy Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 8:45 am

Stacey is a poser and is an average cook at best. Her cook Lisa is the talented one in her restaurant. I agree with the judges on her elimination.

4. MaryJ Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 9:54 am

What were you thinking – you would keep the “foul-mathed” Pie Man over Stacy!! I hope he is not the winner, but if he is, I hope you will make him clean up his mouth. My grandkid like to watch the Food Network!

5. Pam Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 2:03 pm

I think the judges made the absolute right decision eliminating Stacey. I was getting so tired of looking at her phony, sweet smile. I am hoping that Damaris will be the next food network star. She has lots of pizazz! I think she will be a definite success with the network.

6. Judi Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 4:53 pm

The pie man can not cook. Everything he fixes is sloppy. If he wins very few would watch.

7. Pat Says:
    August 7th, 2013 at 9:33 am

Devastated Stacey not moving forward. Very poor choice, she presents in a professional manner,is so knowledgable and yet you chose pie-man. I am done looking at this show. Damaris will win, she is second best.

8. Christopher Says:
    August 7th, 2013 at 11:21 am

I too am sad to see Stacey go. It is a sad day in this nation, when a pleasant, polite and professional demeanor is mistaken for phoniness.

9. Dan F Says:
    August 7th, 2013 at 8:23 pm

WOW! Stacey is a fake spoiled brat whose parents are in debt to the gills because their little girl thinks she needs to be or is a star. So sad, but it happens all too often that parents are ruining their lives for these misguided inconsiderate self centered children. The restaurant was her parents and simply living in Cali is not enough to be a star. Thank goodness her and her fake smile are gone. I will definitely keep watching now.

10. Bee be south Says:
    August 8th, 2013 at 6:17 am

Giana obviously has a thing for Rodney and Russell. Too bad Rodney is pitiful imagine a whole show of that garbage. Stacey and Demariis were the best. Oh we’ll another missed opportunity. Like the year they didn’t,t pick the girl from Texas. Who won anyway.? A pie show!!! Ugh

11. JC Says:
    August 9th, 2013 at 2:50 pm

Well stated Dan F. I know her personally and she is a back stabbing, b—-!

12. Scott Says:
    August 10th, 2013 at 12:12 pm

With that mohawk ‘do of his, Russell is just unwatchable, and he pauses too much. His culinary style is unappealing. Rodney has been wildly inconsistent, and his wildman persona is entertaining for 30 seconds before it becomes a turn-off. Damaris is slightly better in cooking and personality, but she gets goofy-flirty way too often.

Food Network, you just made a huge mistake. Maybe the Cooking Channel will give Stacey a show. They did it for Kelsey, so why not Stacey?

13. Neet Says:
    August 10th, 2013 at 1:52 pm

I was really not that sad to see Stacy go because I found her plastic smile so fake.I find Rodney and his yelling ” Pie Style” every minute irritating and his mumbling coolness as irritating as Stacy phony niceness.The man needs subtitles and can’t cook anything other then freaking pies. I can’t stand robotic Russell, and his stupid culinary sins.I guess I have no choice but to root for crass southern belle Demaris, at least she can cook and is somewhat fun to watch.

14. Todd Says:
    August 10th, 2013 at 3:51 pm

Giada’s love of Rodney & Russell has been apparent from the beginning. Frankly, this season feels as if its been staged by Bob Tuschman & Susie Fogelson from the start. My guess is Damaris will walk off with the whole thing to make up for the debacle of how Food Network handled the Paula Deen fiasco and to repair the Food Network’s reputation with their Southern demographics.

15. Dianna Says:
    August 10th, 2013 at 8:32 pm

I don’t like to watch people with foul mouths. I think Russel use of bacon fat will lead to more heart disease. As for southern cooking to keep a woman, I don’t buy that.Stacy seams more knowledgeable and I think she should not of been elimated.

16. Ann Says:
    August 12th, 2013 at 8:06 am

I feel that Stacey would’ve made a good Food Network Star, she was certainly more adept (technically) than any of them, and had more charisma. I think she truly wanted to be in that competition, and would’ve done a good job. I for one liked her the best – Demaris is okay, but I feel Stacey should have been in the bottom two, at least

17. DORI Says:
    March 26th, 2014 at 7:45 pm

Just watched the March 1, 2014 episode and there was Stacey at her restaurant that was failing. Her Dad had sunk 600,000 into it according to him. They came in and revamped it and I hope that it works for her.

Comments