Kim Kardashian Struggling To Lose Baby Weight

August 06, 2013 08:39 AM by Lisa Princ

It has been close to two months since Kim Kardashian gave birth to her daughter, North West, and fans have been waiting to get a glimpse at the baby and new momma, but have not had such luck. While the Keeping Up With The Kardashians star recently spoke out, rumor has it that she is still struggling with losing her baby weight, which could be why we haven’t seen her!

It’s no secret that Kim Kardashian gained a ton of weight with her pregnancy. It was obvious just by looking at her, despite the fact that she denied gaining more than the normal pregnant woman. While she may be determined to get back to her original shape, rumor has it that Kardashian is really struggling to get the last of the baby weight off, which is likely why we haven’t seen her.

Back in July, an insider told Hollywood Life that Kim Kardashian was dropping weight quickly due her successfully breastfeeding baby North, but now it seems that the rapid weight loss has slowed down. “As far as Kim’s weight is concerned, she’s got a ways to go. She lost quite a bit of weight initially when she first started breast feeding, but it’s especially tough losing those extra baby pounds,” a source told the site recently.

Despite the slow down, we’re pretty sure Kardashian will not give up on her goal. And according to her mother, Kim has been eating healthy and working out, along with breastfeeding in an effort to get her body back.

What do you think of Kim Kardashian struggling to lose the baby weight? We know you have an opinion and we want to hear it. Comment below to share your thoughts with us!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about Keeping Up With The Kardashians. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out Sir Links Alot: Keeping Up With The Kardashians.

Photo Credit: WENN

Topics: E! Reality TV Shows, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, Kim Kardashian, Kourtney And Kim Take New York |

62 Responses to “Kim Kardashian Struggling To Lose Baby Weight”

1. Kelly Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 8:45 am

What people have to realize is that it takes 9 months to gain baby weight, and 9 months to HEALTHFULLY take it off!!!

2. Ray Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 8:47 am

She should watch her own show. That’ll make her lose her appetite.

3. Chiku Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 8:48 am

There is no need for Kim to beat herself up for not losing the baby weight as fast as she’d like. She is a human being who gave birth to a beautiful healthy baby. Get real and accept that she is not superwoman but a person like everyone else.

4. Grace Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 8:51 am

who gives a rats ass. I don’t watch their show and have no desire too. She’s ugly anyway with that extra long face of hers. She must have been desperate to have a baby with Kanya. Fugly. I’m assuming she is just interested in his money and with a baby she can have a lot more from him. Dumb ass Kanye, he’s been had.

5. Tallie Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 8:57 am

WOW! Really?! You mean to say a woman can gain “a ton of weight” when becoming pregnant and not be a sz 2 immediately after giving birth?! Hmmm…had women the world over known that, hell, we would have stopped procreation dead in its tracks a LONG time ago! Kardashian fan or not, it’s common knowledge that Kim K didn’t exactly enjoy her pregnancy. It sucks that she’s feeling pressured to focus on weight whn these first months with her newborn s/b her one and only priority.

6. Gordon Speake Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 8:57 am

The HO, K.K., is nothing but a SLUT that had sperm deposited in her worn out body. Has the father been proven or are we supposed to assume that it is K.W.?

7. Jere Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 8:58 am

Millions of us have enjoyed the last two months of NO KIM K. We couldn’t care less if she is fat, skinny, clothed or naked. Any woman who would have a baby with scum like Kayne should be deported! His kind of music is destroying our culture, teenagers and ultimately our way of life.

She spreads her legs too easily and deserves to remain fat for the rest of her life. The poor child will never know if it is black or white because both races will reject her mixture.

8. OC Mom Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 9:00 am

Lisa Princ this article is disgusting and you should be ashamed of yourself!

9. Megan Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 9:04 am

B.S.
    Yes, Breastfeeding absolutely helps with losing weight after pregnancy. 5-10lbs. NOT 40! Which is what she looked to have put on!

10. Rick Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 9:06 am

I think she will stay overweight. Anyone that has ever watched her TV show knows that she has horrible eating habits.. ice-cream, Starbucks drinks, pasta….

11. Delores Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 9:09 am

The woman just had a baby. Leave her alone. There are other things more important to talk about than “ragging” on Kim’s baby fat loss. It happens. Any woman that has been pregnant, know that your body does NOT just bounce back with a “perfect” body. Have a heart people!!

12. Kathy Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 9:10 am

For crying out loud, the woman just had a baby….leave her alone!

13. Rachel Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 9:13 am

Oh for goodness sakes people! Give her a break! I’m no fan of the Kardashians, but Kim just gave birth in June! Leave her alone. No wonder so many women have eating disorders. You think a woman can carry and baby, gain weight, give birth and in five minutes be thin again? UGH! It doesn’t work like that! It can take some time to come off. Kim shouldn’t care what the media thinks, especially if she’s nursing her daughter. You need good nutrition to make milk for your baby. I’m sad I live in such a superficial world!

14. Leah Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 9:20 am

I think two months post baby is way to early to criticize ANY mother about baby weight. Who cares if she lost most of or any of the weight yet. She, like all new moms, deserves 6 months to a year for anyone to judge if she lost enough weight yet!

15. kris Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 9:24 am

Many women struggle with losing weight after childbirth. What America is waiting for is Kim to be honest and real. The reason she is so self conscience about her physical appearance is that is all she has. She’s dumber than a stump and is a ho….getting pregnant by another man while she was married. No morals. Money and fame is all that matters to her. So shallow.

16. lala Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 9:55 am

she’s not dead yet?

17. casandra Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 9:58 am

she is pretty no matter what and it takes time to loose weight for everyone so gibe her a break.

18. Leann Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 9:59 am

KIM NEED SOME GOOD OLD WEIGHT AND RELATIONSHIP ADVICE BECAUSE HER SELF-ESTEEM IS SO LOW.

19. anony Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 10:07 am

First off, its not healthy to want to lose the 80 pounds she put on in 9 months, in only 2 months. Second, i knew this twit wouldn’t want to be seen in public until she thinks she is thin enough. People know you had a baby, get over it, you’re gonna be heavy, you put on too much weight while pregnant. By keeping herself hidden, its not good for her mentally, she is an idiot.

20. Barbara Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 10:23 am

Kim did everything the doctors tell you not to do and now she’s upset that the weight won’t come off….smh. Pregnant women should remember to listen to their bodies and not the minds. Your body will let you know when it’s in need. Kim just ate to be eating and this is what happens when you gorge…and yes I said gorge when lil North was only 5 lbs! Hopefully she will learn on her NEXT baby daddy.

21. AGamb Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 10:31 am

Disgusting article! It has been 2 MONTHS! I saw the headline and just had to see it for myself that someone would stoop this low. Everyone saw the Kris Jenner show with her taping and she looked stunning.
    It disgusts me that media would talk about a woman’s weight during pregnancy, but to see it is a woman herself writing the article makes me more sick. Let her enjoy this time in her life!

22. ELena Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 10:35 am

All she will do is go through plastic surgeries and look like she did few years ago, but she will not loose weight by working out, as she is lazy and loves food (as most of us)thats why she is in a hide out, so one could tell she had surgeries.

23. Trisha Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 10:39 am

It is a bit of process, but with consistent work-outs and eating NO carbs, the pounds will shed away!!! Breast feeding for some odd reason does help speed the weight loss. When I gave birth to my daughter I noticed I had lost weight within the first month. But I still needed to lose 10-more pounds. Well, I kept very active. I would take walks with my newborn in her stroller EVERDAY!! By the time she was 2.5 months, I was proudly wearing my 2-piece bikini and looking fab!! Keep in mind, I was 41-years old too! My daughter is now 5-years old and I continue to work-out. At age 47, I am in better shape than ever. So if this older mama can do it, I trust Kim will too!! DON’T GIVE UP AND DON’T GET FRUSTRATED!!!

24. LEA Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 10:48 am

who gives a crap..

25. Kate Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 10:54 am

Seriously! It’s been “close to two months.” Cut her some slack! Let Kim enjoy those first precious newborn months because it passes so quickly. It took 9 months to gain the weight and, it is unreasonable to expect her to lose it so quickly. Love you Kim!

26. Ashlee' Harris Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 10:57 am

Just keep at it Kim! It may seem like it will never come off but it does. Just continue to excercise and eat right.

27. Sharon Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 11:02 am

Give Kim a break! She’s a NEW mom just like any other new mom having a baby. Just because she’s a celebrity doesn’t make her that special. Give the woman a break!

28. Jan Burklo Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 11:03 am

Giver her a break. A lot of women struggle losing the baby weight. She gained a lot of weight it will take longer. She has nothing to be ashamed of

29. B.L.Mora Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 11:08 am

God she just had a baby less than a month ago… lay off….

30. PC Carter Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 11:10 am

Kim’s main force should be getting North out of danger for her being a premmie. Kim you can lose weight anytime. Get Nori where she should be, HEALTHY.

31. Barbie Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 11:36 am

she is like thousands of other women after having a baby. its in your genes… I feel she takes after her mom. her metabolism may not be as fast as maybe as e.g.. her sister Kourtney or like myself.
    I hope she is not going to start doing more things to her body to remove the weight. stress alone in her case may also keep the weight on.

32. shonna Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 11:49 am

While I am not a fan of any of the Kardashians, the fact that people still make an issue over a woman losing weight after pregnancy really frosts my buns. People, get a grip, if you have ever given birth, it is NOT easy to lose the extra pounds that one gains from pregnancy and the older you get, the harder it is. MY observation is that the author Lisa Prick, oh I mean Lisa Princ has no clue what happens to a woman’s body during pregnancy and for you to claim this woman gained “a ton of weight” is just another set back against women. You have no clue what you are talking about. Perhaps you should do some reading on your subject matter rather than subjecting readers to such garbage.

33. daTruth Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 11:57 am

She is recovering from liposuction right now and all the other butt injections, lip injection, etc… the whole “tune-up” before she reveals herself again. She has too much money and too little self-esteem to lose the weight like a normal person would.

34. eli Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 12:04 pm

She just needs to worry more about her baby than herself… It seems like she cares more about getting her figure back (since that’s the only reason she’s even famous) because w/out it nobody wants her!!!

35. laurie bleecker Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 12:20 pm

who cares

36. Kelli Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 12:29 pm

These types of articles make me disgusted. I know she puts herself in the limelight, but people need to start being honest and real about what happens when you have a child so women can stop having post partum depression, body hatred, and self-loathing. It took me 1.5 years to lose every pound of my baby weight. Part of that was because I gained 70 initially. After I had the baby, I quickly lost 30 pounds but still had the 40 to go. I had to work and didn’t want my milk supply to suffer, so I ate enough and took care of myself. It wasn’t until I started running and changing my eating habits, that I finally had major results. I never took a drug or did a fad. It was all about hard work and eating good, healthy foods that fueled me. We need to be proud of our ability to grow a life, birth a life, and sustain a life. Enough of this body bashing, weight obsessing, and delusional post baby media world we live in. Eat right, exercise, and honor your body! Most of all, be proud!

37. Jennifer Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 1:25 pm

OH, Please, is this really front page news, we all know she blew up with this pregnancy and she and her baby daddy are both the two most vapid, self-centered and vacuous people on the face of the planet. Just go away already!!!

38. John Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 1:30 pm

I couldn’t be happier to see her struggling.

39. Kay Rouse Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 2:11 pm

With all of the serious issues on our country and the world….do we really need to waste our time and energy concerning ourselves with Kim Kardashian and her “baby weight gain/loss???

I think NOT !!!!

40. Maya Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 2:23 pm

Isn’t she a reality star? well show us the real you then, why are you so determined to loose your weight before public can see? I am woman, i had kids and i know you gain weight and it takes time to loose all that weight, but if she wants to send the massage to the girls who look up to her, then she should be coming out and doing her everyday things, that will send the massage to those girls who look up to her that its ok to be what ever size you are, instead she is telling young girls that if you gain weight, stay home and make sure no one sees you, because that’s embarrassing to Kim………

41. Linda P Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 2:36 pm

The reality is that you only lose about 15 pounds by giving birth (baby, placenta, amniotic fluid). And given that her baby was less than 5 lbs, she lost about 12. Anything beyond that is going to stay on YOU until you lose it. She deserves however fat she is. She should have known better. Can you tell I don’t care for her???

42. rosemary davis Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 3:13 pm

Some Women never get back too their normal size and if they do it is a rat race to keep it off she gain a tremendous amount of weight durning her pregnancy her metabolism may have slowed down a bit maybe she should consult Beyonce and Mariah Carey or maybe Snooki and find out what they did it’s going too take time to loose it and she seems like the type that eat a lot of restaurant food every time you saw her she was always out eating on KUWK and Kris probably is not a person who does a lot of healthy cooking for the family that’s why she has her own chef but if she is breast feeding a diet would not be healthy for the baby

43. Susam J Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 3:14 pm

18 years of child support for Kim. Way to go. This family knows how to rake in the money anyway they can. Men need to learn to use condoms for SO MANY REASONS!!!! He will not marry her etc.. Look at his face in every picture, looks like he wants to run at any time. He is saying to himself, dam it, I just wanted to see what it was like and move on, now I am stuck with this woman.
    I hope the child grows up healthy and happy and loved and feel wanted for the right reason.

44. Jane Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 3:18 pm

I know how it is….I’m still trying to lose my baby weight. Problem is, my baby is 40 years old!!

45. Anna G. Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 3:20 pm

It is too bad that Kim as a reality star cannot just enjoy her baby and be honest about the difficulty most women have losing the baby weight. She could be a positive force for REAL girls and women all over the world and give up some of the money-making glitz and focus on superficiality.

46. Cait Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 3:44 pm

C’mon Kayne will just make her get lipo. He’s a Gaudy pretentious motherfucker who wont want to be seen in public with her if shes not back in shape soon.

47. Aikenite Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 3:48 pm

Come on guys! Ya’ll have heard that our words are powerful and you reap what you sow? I’d be very careful to make negative remarks about this woman. Trust me, I do NOT condone anything she’s done to hurt others, nor do I condone the lifestyle but obviously many others do. Do you realize how financially set she is? She’s doing something right.

48. tigger Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 4:29 pm

She can take the rest of her life in hiding to lose weight. She might become smarter and learn to do something outside the publicity. She might just get tired and get plastic surgery. what do you think will happen first???

49. Savana T. Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 4:34 pm

Kim didn’t mind walking around with an enormous @ss & thighs while pregnant…what’s the difference now? Everyone knew she wasn’t carrying her baby in her @ss & thighs. She’s always been overweight from the waist down.

50. Julie Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 4:47 pm

2 things: I hate all things Kardashian but to criticize someone who hasn’t dropped all the baby weight in 2 months is cruel. And second-based on what Kris said Kim is breastfeeding to lose weight. I guess the fact that she is also feeding and nourishing her baby is just a side affect of breastfeeding, but the main reason is all about Kim. Good to see motherhood hasn’t changed her.

51. Fleiza Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 4:52 pm

Kim, enjoy your baby and don’t worry, the pounds will come off. Eat healthy, exercise and enjoy being a mom.. You do know that the baby can feel your stress. Just relax……Blessings to you and your family.

52. blue sea Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 5:05 pm

So is everyone supposed to hit the gym hard right after they have a baby? She will lose the baby weight when she is ready and willing. Get off her back. This is her first baby and its hard and needs time to adjust with all of the changes she has had to go through.

Hopefully she wont turn to plastic surgery and will be smart enough to let it come off naturally.

53. Linda D Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 5:41 pm

she can stay away and take the rest of her trashy family with her. we are all better off not hearing from any of them ever again. Who cares?

54. Kim Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 5:42 pm

Wow…this is what is wrong with this world. Perhaps Kim is more focused on being a mother to her newborn daughter than she is about losing the weight she gained during her pregnancy. Who cares if she takes the weight off at all! If she and her family are happy and healthy, isn’t that all that should matter?

55. Lisa Princ Says:
    August 6th, 2013 at 5:55 pm

Thanks for your insight, but I have actually given birth four times. I’ve been on both sides of the weight gain spectrum – from gaining 80 lbs with one, to barely gaining 20 with another. One took me over 6 months to lose, while another took me a month – so, yes, I do know a thing or two about pregnancy weight :) No where in this article did I bash Kim Kardashian for not dropping the weight in 2 months, so perhaps you need to do some reading. My point was that Kim denied gaining a lot of weight (despite the fact that anyone who has ever been pregnant could tell she gained a lot) and more importantly, that she should be able to make an appearance despite not dropping all the weight, especially to set a good example for those who do look up to her.

56. JahRue Says:
    August 7th, 2013 at 4:50 am

She was struggling to lose her baby weight before she got preggers.

57. Aquawoman Says:
    August 7th, 2013 at 6:28 am

I hope that she achieves her desired weight loss goal, but hope that she just concentrates on her bundle of joy for now.

58. Mandee Says:
    August 8th, 2013 at 2:16 pm

It has been a pleasure NOT having her in the limelight.
    I hope it takes her years to lose the weight so we can have somewhat of a break from hearing about Kim K.

59. Jodeeee Says:
    August 10th, 2013 at 11:21 am

Get some Lipo boob job shell be good as new!
    act like she has to work out puuuuuulllleeeaaassee

60. FedUp Says:
    August 13th, 2013 at 7:17 am

This pig was bloated before she ever got pregnant, so this is going to be a long, painful struggle for her to get her weight under control.

Add that to the fact that she’s clearly jealous of Kendall and her tight, teen body, and KK’s gonna be miserable for the next few years!

61. Lanie Says:
    September 5th, 2013 at 12:00 pm

What is scary is that I saw a poll a couple months back that asked if America had a royal family, which family would you pick. The Kraptrashians came in #2. What a joke. I guess all the teenyboppers voted in that poll. If rationally minded Americans voted, that would be real scary putting them up there so high to be America’s royal family.

62. Poule Says:
    September 22nd, 2013 at 1:11 pm

These people really do have very little problems,
    i agree Kanye West has been had, lol, what a match !

Comments