August 07, 2013 07:28 AM by Lisa Princ

The Bachelorette finale came to a conclusion this week as Desiree Hartsock got her fairy tale ending with Chris Siegfried, but it didn’t come without some heartbreak. After shocking Desiree and walking out on her, even though she had fallen in love with him, Brooks Forester insists that he made the right decision!

Desiree Hartsock was left blindsided and heartbroken when Brooks Forester walked out on her, despite the fact that she admitted she had fallen in love with him. When fans tuned into the second part of the season finale, they were expecting to see Brooks return, realizing that he made a huge mistake, but it did not happen. As it turns out, Brooks had a very good reason for not returning – those feelings he was questioning were not there, even after leaving Desiree!

Forester spoke to People Magazine earlier, admitting that he knows he made the right decision because: “I realized that when I was away from Des, I wasn’t having these moments of anguish. That was a big indicator to me that my feelings weren’t there.”

Luckily for Desiree Hartsock, it did not take her long to realize that what she was looking for was right in front of her the entire time, in Chris. And according to Brooks, although he came close to hitting those feelings, it was only fair that he was honest. “I wanted so badly for the relationship to work out, and it was so close I could almost touch it. But I needed to walk away. She deserved to be in love with someone who was equally in love with her,” he explained.

What did you think of The Bachelorette finale? Are you thrilled that Des ended up with Chris? Or should she have walked away from both guys? It’s your turn to sound off! Comment below to share your thoughts with us.

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about The Bachelorette. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Bachelorette.

Photos Courtesy: ABC

Topics: ABC Reality TV Shows, The Bachelorette |

16 Responses to “The Bachelorette’s Brooks Forester Admits He Made The Right Decision By Walking Away”

1. sally prins Says:
    August 9th, 2013 at 9:51 pm

I don’t mean to brag (ahem) but I called it about half way through. Brooks just did not seem that into her; he pulled away physically when kissing her, he could not verbalize how he felt. To me he seems that he may have his sexual preferences confused. And it seemed like he wanted to be in line to become a star on a soap opera. She will be happy with Chris because he REALLY is into her and loves her a lot.

2. Lois Curcio Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 12:00 pm

I know she made it clear Brooks was the one half way through the show so I was hoping she wasn’t trying to convince herself that Chris was the one after all. She did say she didn’t want to be alone anymore . I liked Chris and knew he really loved her, I just hope her feelings are real for him because I wouldn’t want to see him get hurt. I would love to see them both happy together.

3. Gannie Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 1:01 pm

I believe Dez lucked out when Brooks backed out. I think that Chris is the right person for her.

As for Brooks, I believe that Brooks is probably gay, but in denial. My brother was gay, and I was around gays all my life, so I can usually feel and know when a person is gay. Brooks is a great guy and should really look within himself and admit he is gay. In this day and age it is not such a big deal, and I believe if he does come out, he will be a much happier person.

4. Merilyn Ulrich Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 4:42 pm

Just because someone isn’t in love with a particular girl doesn’t mean that he is gay. I have no idea if Brooks is gay or straight but it’s quite a leap to make a call like that because he wasn’t in love with Des. I am not ast all sure that Des and Chris will work out since she really picked him out of desperation. I DO NOT believe that she suddenly turned around and there was Chris, her Prince Charming. She made it very clear that she was “in love” with Brooks for several episodes and love doesn’t just fade in a week or a few days. I wonder how much the producers had to do with her suddenly being “in love” with Chris instead of Brooks? The show is so manipulated as it is that I doubt that what I see is real or…lasting.

5. Janet Says:
    August 19th, 2013 at 7:53 pm

I agree with Gannie. I watched Brooks in every episode. he had femmine ways. So, i wasn’t surprised when he backed out. Good for her.

6. Anne Says:
    August 21st, 2013 at 3:36 am

I never knew what she saw in Brooks, I didn’t like him at all and I never saw anything substantial with them, so I was really confused about Des saying all this and feeling all this. Chris was the one the whole time that I thought she really loved, he was the best! All I know is If that was me I would not have been crying like that in front of him or telling him anything how I felt, I would have been mad and let him know it. Never show a man dumping you how you feel. Don’t cry in front of him don’t give him that up feeling he will get from that. No man is worth that. I am glad she finally realized Chris was the better man.

7. Egypt Barale Says:
    August 22nd, 2013 at 5:43 am

It’s too bad Brooks went as far as he did when he knew he could not go through with it. He should have removed himself after the first few shows.

8. Ren Says:
    August 22nd, 2013 at 5:46 am

Janet, you sure tell it as it is …..so true.

9. CAROL Says:
    August 22nd, 2013 at 2:44 pm

Chris was the right one all along!!!! she said she was torn between the two. She only thought she wanted Brooks because he was the challenge for her. She wanted them all to love her then she could pick the one she wanted. She knew brooks feelings weren’t as strong all along, he never verbalized any true feelings for her. I think she was more hurt that he took so long to tell her his true feelings. Hey, better sooner than later.

10. Georgia Says:
    August 25th, 2013 at 1:12 pm

I am wondering why Brooks’ girlfriend of 1-1/2 years that he “felt” the vulnerable, pain love for cheated on him??
    Rumor said that from his balcony he saw Desiree making out on beach and in hot tub in Antigua – if doubts were there, those scenes would have clinched it! I am a Brooks fan, but he is an enigma.

11. Carrie Says:
    August 29th, 2013 at 2:45 pm

I think that Des settled for Chris so that she wouldn’t end up with nobody. How could she be so in love with someone Brooks one week and the next week so in love with Chris … makes me wonder.

12. Teri Says:
    September 1st, 2013 at 5:57 am

I think Des is one lucky girl. She stated she had love for several of the guys. She was just the most vocal about Brooks. Des is real lucky that Brooks came clean with his feelings. She obviously had feelings for Chris too and once she had time to think she realized how fortunate she was to have him in her life. I wish her and Chris a great life together.

13. sandy Says:
    September 3rd, 2013 at 5:58 pm

things happen for the best. i would rather her loose brooks right now then to have him walk out on her later on and she be hurt even more. if he is gay so be it but at least he did not just tell des what she wanted to hear. i think brooks did the right thing. chris is a real good looking guy and you could tell that he loves her. just hope that they both are happy.

14. Kathleen Says:
    September 4th, 2013 at 3:56 am

Honestly my favorite out of Brooks and Chris was Chris, but after Des told Brooks that she had fallen in love and that he was going to be the one I felt like, Brooks should have married her then, but when Brooks left I believe that Chris should have chosen not to marry Des because Des makes Chris look like well, 2nd best or her only other option to finding love.And if i were Chris i would think back on this show and ask myself if Des would have still picked me if Brooks wasn’t sent home.

15. Gloria Burnside Says:
    September 4th, 2013 at 3:18 pm

I can’t understand how any of them could fall in love in the lenght of time they are on the show. Unless they spend time together when the show is not airing, according to the show the only see each other once a week for maybe 3 months, that is not nearly enough time to really fall head over heels for someone, I liked Brooke and I was shocked when he figured out he didn’t want her, Chris is a good guy and they would make a perfect couple, but if I was Chris it would be in the back of my mind all the time that he was her second choice, and had Brooke wanted Dez, then Chris would be alone, she did care for Chris and alot of times she made it look like he was the one she was going to pick. I just hope it works out, especially for Chris since he was second best!!

16. Cherisse Says:
    September 8th, 2013 at 3:12 pm

I was a big Brooke’s fan from the beginning. It was nice to see a guy want to talk and ask questions other than be all kiss, kiss. So it was not much of a surprise when he eliminated himself, under those conditions when you aren’t the only ‘fish in the bowl’ being in love is a stretch, finding love is a longshot …. but I wish them both good luck and God’s blessings. They have the chance now to court one another and date before they make any big decisions ahead. People are engaged for years, so right now a wedding should be last on their minds seeing as how their union wasn’t conventional to say the least ….. Des and Chris are both smart people.

Comments