Carrie Underwood Heads To New York For Sound Of Music Special

August 13, 2013 12:52 PM by Stephanie Gustafson

Carrie Underwood as Maria von Trapp? Yeah, we’re also having a hard time picturing it, but the American Idol alum will indeed be playing the Sound of Music role first made famous by Julie Andrews. She recently explained that she’s most nervous for the “liveness” of the production — and her upcoming move to New York.

Country crooner Carrie Underwood is about the hit the big city. She’ll be moving to New York for a few months in order to prepare for a very special production of The Sound of Music. This three-hour remake will air live on NBC in December, leaving Carrie and the rest of the cast with just a few months to prepare for what appears to be quite the daunting endeavor. Carrie says she’s not too nervous yet but adds that she thoroughly expects to be in the near future.

During this morning’s appearance on Live with Kelly and Michael, Carrie Underwood also dished on her soon-to-be New Yorker status. When asked what kind of apartment she was looking for, Carrie made it clear that life in the big city really wasn’t her thing. “My dogs will be with me, so I’ll need access to some grass….I love to grocery shop. I know, it’s weird…that’s actually my favorite place in the world — the grocery store.”

Between a leading role in a live musical broadcast and limited access to the supermarket, it looks like Carrie Underwood is going to have a few adjustments to make as she begins her life in the Big Apple. Still, she’s a talented woman and we think she’s more than capable.

Do you think Carrie Underwood is  a good choice for Maria von Trapp on NBC’s Sound of Music? Feel free to share your opinion in the comments section below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook!. Click here for more information about American Idol. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: American Idol.

Photo Credit: ABC

Topics: American Idol, FOX Reality TV Shows |

12 Responses to “Carrie Underwood Heads To New York For Sound Of Music Special”

1. Margarita Says:
    August 13th, 2013 at 1:24 pm

I think Carrie will be awesome as Maria von Trapp! She has the musical acumen, the voice and the talent to pull it off. I’m looking forward to this version of “The Sound of Music”.

2. Emmi Says:
    August 13th, 2013 at 1:27 pm

I think Carrie will be wonderful as Maria von Trapp. She has a crystal clear voice with such a beautiful tone – she’ll be great

3. Paul Says:
    August 13th, 2013 at 1:50 pm

I think she will surprise everyone. A good pick that everyone will want to see.

4. Linda Says:
    August 13th, 2013 at 2:22 pm

There is not another female on the face of this earth that could begin to compare to the job that Carrie is going to do. What a talent!!

5. Sharon Says:
    August 13th, 2013 at 2:34 pm

Carrie is the perfect choice to play Maria. Her voice is amazing and she can absolutely sing anything…she will shine in this role and bring a whole new generation the joy of watching a live stage show. Cannot wait to see this performance.

6. Lisa sims Says:
    August 13th, 2013 at 3:56 pm

Carrie has a beautiful voice and is so talented. She has done much growing. This is just another thing she is exploring and expanding her horizons. It’s so great to see her all over. She is so famous but is so humble. We love carrie.

7. SAM Says:
    August 15th, 2013 at 12:41 pm

Carrie will be wonderful. She is so very talented, amazing voice, hard worker and a perfectionist…

8. Devvie Says:
    August 15th, 2013 at 5:25 pm

Every article on this site is always negative. Why wouldn’t Carrie play Maria Von Trapp, she has an amazing voice. There are also at least one grocery store or supermarket every two blocks in NYC. As for grass there are tons of parks with dog play areas. What a miserable bunch of writers. You put everyone down, some because they are on reality shows…but hey guess what? Your job is writing about those people, so I guess you are lower on the rung to fame.

9. millie prim Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 4:34 am

I think carrie was a great choice, she is very talented and has a beautiful voice. she will be great

10. millie prim Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 4:37 am

carrie is very amazing at whatever she does with her voice. she is talented in whatever she sings she was a great choice to play maria von trap.

11. lavitnia Says:
    August 23rd, 2013 at 11:05 pm

I think carrie bit of way too much this role. she
    thinks she can do – let’s see. also there will be emotional and physical shocks going through their systems.

12. Crystal Campbell Says:
    September 10th, 2013 at 10:11 am

Carrie has a phenomenal beautiful voice. WOW what a set of powerful pipes. I am not usually a fan of remakes but I am excited about this one as I am a huge fan of Carrie and the original film. Carrie has stated this is a live version and not exact remake. I wish people would give her and the movie a chance. I think she is gonna surprise everyone with her talent. I’m very happy they cast her. I have no doubt in mind that she is going to do very well in the role. She is a AMAZING talent.

Comments