Desiree Hartsock’s Brother: It’s ‘Obvious’ That Des Settled

August 14, 2013 04:53 PM by Stephanie Gustafson

Following a dramatic season of The Bachelorette that included a heartbreaking scene involving Brooks’ departure, Desiree Hartsock finally chose Chris Siegfried. But Desiree’s brother says that this was a huge mistake — and that, despite her claims suggesting otherwise, Desiree has merely settled for Chris.

Allegedly, the whole point of shows like The Bachelor and The Bachelorette is to find the special someone and not to settle for whichever contestant happens to be the least obnoxious. Desiree believes she has done just that in choosing Chris Siegfried, even though, shortly prior to this selection, the reality star was bawling her eyes out about supposed soul mate Brooks Forester.

Desiree may be fooling herself and perhaps fooling many of her fans, but one person certain isn’t buying the explanation — the celeb’s own brother. In an exclusive interview with Life & Style, Nate voices many of the suspicions that have nagged us ever since the season finale aired. For example, if Des was soo in love with Brooks, why was she able to change her mind (and allegedly, her heart) so quickly? According to Nate, this was all a ploy to find a man — any man — who was willing to settle down and start a family. “Desiree went on the show because she wanted to get married so badly and she wanted the family and to have kids. Obviously Chris wasn’t her first choice.”

Although Nate Hartsock believes that his sister settled for Chris, he also thinks that she is currently very happy with her choice. And it looks like a wedding is in her near future! “I could see a wedding happening even quicker than next summer. I think it’s obvious she settled for him, but Desiree is at the point where she’s ‘all in’ with Chris, and I think he is just happy he gets to be with her.”

Do you agree with Nate? Did Desiree Hartsock settle for Chris Siegfried? Sound off in the comments section below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about The Bachelorette. For other great reality TV  news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Bachelorette.

Photos Courtesy: Desiree Hartsock Instagram

Topics: ABC Reality TV Shows, The Bachelor, The Bachelorette |

15 Responses to “Desiree Hartsock’s Brother: It’s ‘Obvious’ That Des Settled”

1. Missy Says:
    August 16th, 2013 at 7:44 pm

What a complete jerk her brother is….. Way to support your sister…..

2. Sue Janda Says:
    August 17th, 2013 at 2:30 pm

I’m actually watching the ending again and I am hoping this will work because they look so in love.

3. natedegrate Says:
    August 18th, 2013 at 9:28 am

The format of the Bachelorette is to become intimately acquainted with 1 or more men to a “marrying level”. In Desiree’s case she fell heavily for 2 men. Only, one of those she had fallen for did not fall for her. From the tears in their eyes at the closing ceremony, she IS in love with Chris – and, from his caring attitude and love, I only see her more in love and better off than she’d ever been with Brooks.

4. Susan Says:
    August 19th, 2013 at 6:56 am

Des fell in love with Brooks because that’s how all her relationships have been in the past….a one way unreciprocated and unemotionally available love. Brooks was just another one of those type of guys that Des felt comfortable with because that is all she knew but when Brooks left she finally saw the light of the good and the bad and realized that Chris was there for her and in love with her. It’s a first and she would have been absolutely miserable with Brooks and would have gotten a divorce for sure. I’m so happy she wised up and I see a bright future for the both of them

5. Raleighlynn Says:
    August 19th, 2013 at 1:14 pm

Nate Hartsock is a sh*t disturber. He needs to STFU and leave his sister and Chris alone.

6. Holly Says:
    August 19th, 2013 at 2:18 pm

If her brother is such an expert then why do we not hear about any of his great relationships? Has he ever been in a long term relationship. Let his sister make her own decisions. Brooks was not right for her. He reminds me of the batchelor who chose Courtney. Her brother needs to grow up and stay out of her business. JERK!!!

7. Carol Says:
    August 19th, 2013 at 4:07 pm

Chris was the right one for her all along. She only thought she wanted Brooks because he was the challenge. she said she was torn between Brooks and Chris, so she obviously felt just as strong for Chris. She just didn’t have to work so hard to get him. Now she’ll get the reciprocal love she deserves. Glad someone finally picked the right guy!!!!!!

8. Theresa Says:
    August 20th, 2013 at 10:30 am

her brother is the biggest jerk I have ever seen or listened to

9. Patsy Says:
    August 20th, 2013 at 11:00 am

Chris is the right man for Des. She would have been very unhappy with Brookes.

10. Anne Says:
    August 21st, 2013 at 11:13 am

I agree with those who say her brother is a selfish little piget. Where does he even have the nerve or a say in all this and never supports his sister and if I were her I would disown him. As for Des, she didn’t settle, Brooks was never the guy for her and I agree with Susan above, it was all she ever knew and finally the light went off and she realized in time that Chris is the one. I liked him from the beginning and glad she woke up and took him. I see much happiness for her as long as she doesn’t go back to thinking stupid things.

11. agatha Says:
    August 21st, 2013 at 3:24 pm

Right from the beginning, my daughter felt Chris was the right one for Des. I am her prediction came to pass. I hope it works out and wish them all the best and God’s blessings and mercies.

12. shelly Says:
    August 26th, 2013 at 4:20 pm

oh my God… less than a day before she accepted Chris’s proposal ~ she said she was done because the one she Loved (Brooks) left her. if y’all Seriously don’t know she settled ~ wow. Geniuses.

13. Joan D. Givens Says:
    September 2nd, 2013 at 4:46 pm

I do agree that Des really wanted to be in love
    and get married and have children, but I do believe you can be in love with two people at the same time. I am so glad she went on and followed her dream, I also believe it is better to have your mate love you more than you love him, I know that sounds funny, but it seems that the relationship will work out better,

14. Laura C Says:
    September 9th, 2013 at 7:26 pm

Chris is not the type of man that for whom one “settles.” Any woman would be blessed and fortunate to have him. Des is lucky. Fortunately, I think she has figured that out. Is it that hard to understand that she was infatuated with Brooks mostly because the unreciprocated feelings were familiar? Things do turn out the way they are supposed to, and Chris is the right guy. He was all along.

15. judyk Says:
    September 27th, 2013 at 6:20 pm

Des made the right choice and her brother should be ashamed for not supporting her. He must be trying to get some more media attention; however, it’s obvious he’s just a legend in his own mind!

Comments