Jessa Duggar Finds Her Prince Charming

September 17, 2013 04:00 PM by Stephanie Gustafson

Could we be looking at yet another batch of Duggar children in the near future? It’s still, perhaps, a bit too soon to say. What we do know is that Jessa Duggar is now dating, or rather, courting Ben Seewald, a fellow religious devotee. If 19 Kids and Counting parents Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar get their way, Ben and Jessa could the source of more grandchildren — of course, only after a sanctioned wedding ceremony!

We’ve been wondering when Jessa Duggar would follow her sister-in-law and start popping out babies. So far, her older sisters have proven somewhat reluctant about the whole procreation thing. But Jim Bob and Michelle may not have to worry about getting Jessa married off, for she appears to already have found her prince charming.

The lucky guy is Ben Seewald, an 18-year-old student Jessa met through church functions. Suffice to say, Jessa’s parents definitely approve. Jim Bob told People, “We are so excited for Ben and Jessa. They are enjoying getting to know each other and are recommending sermons to one another.” The reality dad clarifies that, while the two are spending plenty of time together, they are definitely not dating. “Courting is getting to know each other in a group setting, both families spending time together and the couple setting goals together to determine if they are meant to marry. With dating, a couple will often pair off alone and that sometimes leads to a more physical relationship.”

Fortunately, the age of technology has offered Jessa and Ben some modicum of privacy. The two asked for permission to text each other, a request that ultimately was granted. Michelle feels that texting is a great way to communicate, provided the couple focuses on appropriate topics of conversation. “It has been fun to watch them and both of our phones are going off back and forth, ping, ping, ping.”

What do you think about the courting standards Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar have set for their daughter? Wise, or overly restrictive? Sound off in the comments section below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about 19 Kids And Counting. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Reality TV.

Photo Credit: TLC

Topics: 19 Kids And Counting, TLC Reality TV Shows |

39 Responses to “Jessa Duggar Finds Her Prince Charming”

1. Jo Says:
    September 17th, 2013 at 4:45 pm

IMHO, my comment is that this 18-yr-old boy is too young for a 20-yr-old young woman. There are very very few boys of his age who are as equally mature.

2. Lupe Says:
    September 17th, 2013 at 5:02 pm

Very wise standards for Jessa…keep it pure, awesome parenting!

3. Darla Reichwald Says:
    September 17th, 2013 at 5:10 pm

Met him at church?? They home church.

4. Nene Says:
    September 17th, 2013 at 5:16 pm

I love this family, they are a little strict but I do love some of their old fashioned views. I think if a lot of us followed the word of God like they do then we would have less broken homes, std’s, heartbreak and chaos in this world.

5. Christine McDow Says:
    September 17th, 2013 at 5:19 pm

They homeschool.

6. beverly Says:
    September 17th, 2013 at 5:22 pm

She is 18. Why does she ask permission to do anything? Can’t she make decisions as a young adult? These people are creepy

7. kathy Says:
    September 17th, 2013 at 5:29 pm

I agree. 18 is a bit young for a 20 year old. I hope she really gets God’s guidance on her choice of husband. I agree totally with the courting and getting to know each other, because obviously the girls haven’t dated much at all. I hope she takes her time!! They are beautiful girls and I want to see them happy

8. Lisa Says:
    September 17th, 2013 at 5:33 pm

Waht about establishing physical chemistry and compatability before committing for a life time? Yes, it’s appropriate to wait for marriage for intercourse, but how tragic to possibly find out on your wedding day that your mate is a terrible kisser and is not affectionate at all. Now you;re stuck for life.

9. Mary Alice Says:
    September 17th, 2013 at 5:48 pm

I think it’s a very good thing. It has to be time consuming for the parents to monitor courtship, but surely it will prove worth their time. I applaud them.

10. Marie Brown Says:
    September 17th, 2013 at 6:03 pm

I dislike this family as much as I dislike the Kardashians.

11. Larry Cross Says:
    September 17th, 2013 at 6:57 pm

The author of this piece is obviously jealous in the opening sentences, but finally settled down to tell an unbiased story. I am proud of the Duggers, so far they have done a tremendous job of raising their family, holding to high standards, in the public view. God is awesome and they are showing just how awesome He really is.

12. Sue Rosenorn Says:
    September 17th, 2013 at 7:05 pm

The boy should look at her mother. That will be her in 30 years.

13. DK Says:
    September 17th, 2013 at 8:12 pm

If more parents were to take as much of an interest in the dating relationships of their kids than there wouldn’t be a divorce rate of between 41-50% for 1st marriages in America. In India, (where they have arranged marriages) the divorce rate is FAR lower than it is in America. Parents are not an obstruction to happy relationships and marriage. If they are serious Christians than they can be some of the very best matchmakers in the world.

14. Elly Says:
    September 17th, 2013 at 8:28 pm

This is way too strict…how are they supposed to get to know each other always with other people around?!

15. terri Says:
    September 17th, 2013 at 9:14 pm

Pls Michelle & Jim Bob would U Pls adopt Me & My Son & our lil dog I’m sure u all could teach me/us how to be better Christians & save a few dollars plus I pretty much raised both my boy’s alone w/o a best role models & as the mom I did the best I knew how but I messed up on making them to do there part I did alot for them so now I have an 18 y.o son who doesn’t seem to have the tools just yet to grow up,find a job & or help out more around the house & his new step dad is a bit hard on him & my son’s father passed away so it’s still was me but at least showed him morals and I was made to leave working due to a med reason so he really didn’t see me working hard doing what I had to do & he’s good kid now he needs a Job & I moved 700+ miles away from family,friends to try to be in a state where more jobs might be but things are not the best here either & I watch you guy’s & U remind me of my favorite family I once had & miss so much so I Thank You.u are Blessed…

16. Tasha Says:
    September 17th, 2013 at 9:16 pm

I wish Jessa & Beau the very best & know you would enter a Great Family a Blessing and hope the best for all of you…

17. George Ware Says:
    September 17th, 2013 at 9:48 pm

I think it is a wonderful thing that Jessa has met the one that just might be her life-long husband. I applaud her for doing things in a manner that pleases God and honors her parents.

Good for the Duggar family.

18. Wondering Says:
    September 17th, 2013 at 9:51 pm

These parents need to stop coddling their children and let them be their own individuals instead of trying to keep them all at home and stop looking at their daughters as broodmares, its fine that Michelle wanted to have as many as she did, but it might not be what her kids want to do, they need to let them be their own person, not who they want them to be.

19. Brian K. Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 1:36 am

Our family is personal friends with Ben Seewald and his family here in Central Arkansas. Ben is an outstanding young man, far wiser than his years. His Christian faith is true. He walks the walk and talks the talk! He will be a fantastic spiritual leader of his family. When he is 27 and she is 29, the age will not matter as much! Get to know Ben, you will be pleasantly surprised!

20. Kim Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 1:54 am

They homechurch as well, insofar as they do not belong to a larger church home base. There are several local families that worship together and I think each family takes turns doing the service. I remember reading or seeing in an episode that they had finally gotten a church building instead of having it rotate homes each week.

21. Heather Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 3:51 am

They do homeschool but they have a church they go to. It is small but is still a way for them to interact with other families. They also go to other churches to spread the word, listen to others and to perform. I love this family and I am so happy for Jessa. And as for the age difference I don’t see a problem with it. My Mother in-law is 2 years older than my Father in-law and they met at 18 and 20 so I don’t see a problem with it.

22. jim Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 5:01 am

Perhaps mom and dad should practice more “side hugs.”

23. Dennis Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 5:28 am

I think the parameters of their courtship falls specifically in line with what the Duggars believe. Jessa appears content with those rules and as long as she and her potential partner are happy…who are we to say? I think many would find it impossible to live within those guidelines, but then most do not have the same set of beliefs as the Duggars.

24. Maxine Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 5:39 am

I love this family, too. Missed them the last few months. What a wonderful, Godly example of what God wills for all of us. You are in my praers, Jessa and Ben. “all things work together for good……”

25. Lisa Sapp Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 6:25 am

I love the way Jim Bob and Michelle have raised such wonderful kids. I only wish the best for Jana, she is a awesome young woman. Love you all.

26. Vivian Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 7:23 am

Its awesome that Jimbob and the mom are very clear on the differences between courtship and dating—you just dont see that much at all in American society anymore, and thats so so sad. I can say my mom was raised up baptist,she then raised us up baptist and alweys encourouage us girls to wait till marriage. how grateful that advice .

27. Heidi Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 9:31 am

I think it’s a great thing that they are setting such high standards for their children, many of you have said the same thing and for the ones that dont agree, where are your children and what are they doing? Michelle and Jim Bob are not telling their kids to be like them and have a bunch of kids but to do what they feel God wants them to do and take there time and not rush into a relationship. And yes you can get to know someone very well even with other people around, it’s just not in a sexual way. Feelings are still involved and if you connect with another person on a deeper level they have the foundations for a happy life long marriage. If your worried about how they kiss or if they are affectionate you can show affection in other ways and if neither one of them have ever kissed anyone before how could they say they were a bad kisser? I think the world needs more people with the same standard and I try to use as many as I can with my kids because I would rather have modest, polite, Godly children than the overly privileged, disrespecting children that this world has an abundance of right now. And yes there is an age difference but if he was 2 years older than her nobody would say anything and I have known couples where the woman is 10 years older than the man and they are perfectly happy. People that do things in a different way than the rest of the world always get criticized and look at the world we live in today! I love you guys and wish you all the happiness in the world more people should be like you.

28. nancy sue Says:
    September 20th, 2013 at 8:09 am

I personally would like to see “the older daughters not interested in being brood mares” start their own show called “Breaking Duggar”, They deserve a life with some modern flare, instead of constantly taking care of younger siblings! They have seen the world, and could do what ever makes them happy, like the rest of us, like kissing and dancing! Boys Too!

29. Sandy Says:
    September 20th, 2013 at 8:57 pm

We live in the same area as the duggars and Jim Boob and his broodmare are the laughing stock of NWA. Let the kids pick their own boy / girl friends as normal people do. Duggars are just media whores and the stupid show should be canceled. Good luck to the kids , sure hope Boob and his broodmare quit counting

30. Kathy Says:
    September 22nd, 2013 at 10:32 pm

They are good people and it is their business how they raise their children. And if the children disagree I think they would have rebelled before now. Jimbob and Michelle wouldn’t disown them they are a good family…So how can some of you people be so cruel?

31. jillian Says:
    September 24th, 2013 at 10:48 pm

If this were a celeb woman and younger mannwould you na sayers have such an issue? No! Your only true issue is jealousy. You cannot stand that people have morals and don’t kiss, sleep, or move in with whomever will with you or your kids. They live their lives the way 99.9% of the Americans should.

32. Daphne Says:
    September 27th, 2013 at 10:51 pm

I love this family and am so happy they are teaching their girls to court and find GODLY men to commit to and have as leaders of their family. I wish Jessa the best with Ben….he is extremely cute, has his act together, and has a heart for GOD from what I hear, so she seems to have lucked up and found an amazing guy. Hopefully her sisters and the rest of us Christian women will have the same blessing! GOD Bless them!

33. PAT Says:
    September 30th, 2013 at 7:15 pm

I CAN HONESTLY SAY THE DUGGER CHILDREN ARE VERY GOOD KIDS…I WOULDN’T WORRY ABOUT A 2 YEAR AGE DIFFERANCE, IT IS A NICE WAY TO MEET AT CHURCH…I MET MY HUSBAND OF 29 YEARS AT CHURCH AND SO DID MOST OF OUR FRIENDS MEET THEIR SPOUSE AT CHURCH….THEY ARE ONLY COURTING NOW, JUST GETTING TO KNOW EACH OTHER…..I THINK IT IS GREAT

34. Jean Sanford Says:
    October 5th, 2013 at 7:35 am

What type of job does Josh have in
    DC?

35. Beth Says:
    October 10th, 2013 at 9:47 am

Hey I say age does not matter for it is just a number it all depends on the individuals maturity level and if you have items in common. Plus God is guiding them and not hormones so as long as the rely on Him it will be fine.

36. MamaMitch Says:
    October 13th, 2013 at 6:26 pm

If this were not a Christian family would they come under as much fire as a Muslim or Hindu family for having more strict guidelines for dating/courtship? Modern doesn’t necessarily mean better and the traditions that they follow in alignment with their religious choice was actually common place in this country at one time. As for the rather judgmental comments calling them broodmares, isn’t that what the fight of feminism was for – CHOICE!? CHOICE to decide if she(Michelle) wants to have tons of kids or not? And if you have ever heard her speak she did date in a more modern way and states she regretted it and tells her children why she regretted it.

Saddens me that people pick apart a family who lives debt free and lives a life that honors the values they say they have. I love their integrity regardless of how many modest, giving, and kindhearted kids they have.

37. kathy Says:
    October 15th, 2013 at 5:22 pm

sounds like the Duggars’ trust in God only goes to their front door. God will take care of their children even when they meet someone of the opposite sex. TRUST.

38. Dr. Murph Says:
    October 16th, 2013 at 1:44 am

Please don’t be so critical of those you don’t understand. Although this family seems to be too religious and too strict for many of you, they are obviously happy. This is not some controlling cult. Jim Bob has way more kids than I would choose but they are obviously loved, cared for, not on welfare and are not in trouble with the law. How bad can they be? Jessa seems to have a good head on her shoulders when interviewed and will be a fine young woman. Our currently accepted ideals of dating around and having sex early to “make sure they are compatible” hasn’t proven to be any more successful in its own right-let them do it their way-they aren’t hurting you any.
    We have plenty of dead beat dads in sports, entertainment, and other arenas that we give a pass. Why pick on a couple that is making it work, even if you wouldn’t like to live the way they do>

39. A.Roddy Says:
    November 22nd, 2013 at 11:04 pm

Yea India has fewer divorces because even if you are unhappy you can’t divorce.

“It seems we are more accepting of families with absent parents, multiple children by multiple fathers, parents on drugs or in jail, families in far more controlling, intolerant, bigotted religions than of these nice, stable albeit peculiar people.”
    A straw man. The religion the Duggars promte is just as dangerous. In a sense the parents are absent, The daughters do most of the childcare, homeshcool, and housework. Thugh the Duggars may not be part of a cult, their views are leglaistic and cult like. I wonder if defenders would like to be controlled this way. Funny these conservative Christians complain about how the world obsesses over sex when they are just as bad if not worse.

“Saddens me that people pick apart a family who lives debt free and lives a life that honors the values they say they have. ” Saddens me when defenders fail to research the Duggar beliefs. They got debt free because they lived dirt poor. The church supported them before the show.

“And if the children disagree I think they would have rebelled before now.”
    Because maybe they are afraid to rebel. Just ebcause they haven’t doesn’t mean they never think about it.

Comments