Jessa Duggar’s New Boyfriend Gets Jim Bob’s Stamp Of Approval

September 18, 2013 05:33 AM by Lisa Princ

Recently, we learned that Jessa Duggar, the 20-year-old daughter of Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar, has a new man in her life, Ben Seewald. And while her parents may be keeping a close eye on on the budding relationship, Jessa’s new beau has definitely gotten the 19 Kids and Counting patriarch’s stamp of approval!

With the Duggars, everything usually involves the entire family, and daughter Jessa’s new relationship is no exception. In fact, instead of the usual dating scene, Jessa Duggar is involved a courtship, which her parents describe as a couple who is deciding whether or not marriage is right for them, with the support of both families. With that in mind, you can bet your bottom dollar that Ben Seewald, the 18-year-old who is trying to win over Jessa’s heart, has gotten patriarch Jim Bob’s stamp of approval.

“When a guy is pursuing your daughter, you want to check him out and see if there are any red flags. With Ben, there hasn’t been. He is very sharp. It appears like a match made in heaven,” Jim Bob Duggar told People Magazine recently. Jim Bob also revealed another reason he and his wife Michelle like the young man so much, as he explained: “He’s the first one she has shown interest in that has a spiritual focus and legitimate calling about ministry work.”

But while the family seems to like Ben Seewald, they also believe that the couple should not even engage in a kiss until marriage. Will these two end up getting married? We can’t be sure, but one thing is certain: Jim Bob and Michelle will be keeping a close eye on things.

Jessa Duggar’s journey to find love will also be documented for the popular TLC show!

What do you think about the courting standards Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar have set for their daughter? We know you have an opinion and we want to hear from you! Sound off in the comments section below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about 19 Kids And Counting. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Reality TV.

Photo Credit: Duggar’s Facebook

Topics: 19 Kids And Counting, TLC Reality TV Shows |

22 Responses to “Jessa Duggar’s New Boyfriend Gets Jim Bob’s Stamp Of Approval”

1. Janet Wheeler Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 5:47 am

Instead of posting my opinion lets think about what would happen if everyone followed Jim Bob’s rules. No babies out of wedlock, no babies to teen moms still in school, no need for abortions, no sexually transmitted diseases, Waiting for the physical means getting to know one another and that could possibly mean a much lower divorce rate. We are raised in a society where more is the “in” thing. Maybe we got it wrong and less is more.

2. kristin howard Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 6:25 am

Good for the Duggars! It never hurt anyone to get to know someone for themselves first before rushing to know each other in a biblical sense. God knows, a marriage is built on more than what happens between the sheets (though that is an integral part of a marriage)

3. deal Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 6:55 am

Does anybody care & is the show still on the air?

4. Janice Says:
    September 18th, 2013 at 12:10 pm

Watching the Duggar family parent 19 kids has been such a blessing! How they keep themselves and their children focused on their spiritual life above all else is ministering to so many who have questions. I believe in everything they do. I don’t know how they do it…they have accepted the responsiblity of home schooling, raising their children according to God’s word, even travelling the world, mission trips, etc.. One of the most inspiring things I always notice is how happy they all seem. They are always smiling! They are doing their part to make the world a better place and assure their place for eternity…

5. metrysentry Says:
    September 20th, 2013 at 9:54 am

Jessa Duggar’s new beau, I think it is great, I love the show, If there are any interested gentleman, they can apply, everyone else can stay away. Everyone knows how this family lives, and if that is not the lifestyle you want ,then do not contact them for courting purposes. But it that is the life you would like, than you know you have found some great young ladies. Good luck to all of them.

6. Fireball Lewis Says:
    September 21st, 2013 at 6:50 am

If that person doesnt care then say nothing. Duh. Yes ppl love this show. I think that kissing is her decision. She is of age.

7. Linda Says:
    September 21st, 2013 at 6:48 pm

I think it’s stupid to be 20 and still living at home unless she is going to college and to have to be chaperoned to go out with each other. Tak about being sheltered. How will they ever really know about the real world exept for the religious part? I guess their parents will always be there to protect them from everything they deem bad. Good luck…

8. trnj Says:
    September 22nd, 2013 at 8:27 pm

The courtship protects the young adults from having to make difficult choices on their own – they can relax and enjoy learning about each other within a healthy, loving family structure.

9. Kim Z Says:
    September 23rd, 2013 at 6:01 am

So pretty much they are making a big to-do about her being friends with a boy!

10. kim Says:
    September 25th, 2013 at 12:02 am

I think they are not realistic in their expectations for their kids–they are going way too far the other way. Yes, rushing into sex isn’t good, but no kissing at all? They did while they were dating (not courting!) so why should they expect that of their kids!! How many kids in America would really follow these rules? It’s just not normal living.

11. Marcia Blackman Says:
    September 27th, 2013 at 1:21 pm

Jessa is the prettiest of all the girls (so far) and will probably follow in her mother’s footsteps of having a baby a year; until her uterus falls out or the babies come out half dead or die shortly thereafter. She might be better off being a pole dancer.

12. Jay Says:
    September 29th, 2013 at 8:34 pm

Love it & love this show & family!! My children love to watch it.

13. JoAnn Harvey Says:
    October 3rd, 2013 at 8:05 am

They got it right and our culture has it wrong-all you have to do is look around us! The Bible provides guidance and protection IF you read and follow it!

14. Maureen Says:
    October 10th, 2013 at 10:51 pm

But he’s only 18!! If he wants to go into ministry, he’ll need a college education & need time to get ordained… Jessa is 20, and Ben needs to grow up! This is DATING material, not marriage material, or marriage timing! He JUST graduated from High School!!! Other than that, I love the courtship style, and being proper — although, Jim-Bob and Michelle are a teensy bit hypocritical, as they, themselves, did NOT wait to kiss!! They kissed before marriage, so why do they act like it’s a sin if their kids do? (kissing, mind you, not anything more)… I like the Duggar’s overall, and wish them the best…

15. stephanie Says:
    October 15th, 2013 at 5:52 am

While we seem to be overtaken by a world of twerking and gyrating 20 yr olds it’s very nice and refreshing to see that there are some LADIES still left in this age group! Bravo to the Duggars for instilling some character, morals, and values in all of their children!

16. Kay Says:
    October 16th, 2013 at 9:34 am

I don’t agree with the mother and father having so many kids, especially after that last one was so sick, but I do agree with his dating standards. More parents should have standards like theirs.

17. Cheryl Says:
    October 17th, 2013 at 2:31 am

I wonder how many people are out there doing this?

18. gabrielle aplin Says:
    October 18th, 2013 at 8:47 am

Hooray for the Duggar family! God’s way is always rewarding and blessed.

19. Inez Says:
    October 19th, 2013 at 1:43 pm

I completely agree with taking a much slower approach to relationship building, especially the physical aspect. Absolutely. But since we are talking about two adults, the terms, the condition, and the speed at which that all happens should be entirely up to them. If she feels like she wants to confide in her parents on how things are going, have at it. I used to when I was younger. But a courtship that will involve supervision? Come on. If you trust the way you raised her, then there is no need for an audience. It’s her life, it’s her body, and it’s her relationship. When she introduces him to her family is her choice but the man should ultimately only need to meet her set of standards and that’s what I object to. She should be allowed to date, (not sleep with, there’s a difference), as many men as she feels she needs to decide what kind of man is right for her. She doesn’t need Daddy to tell her that. She knows and if she doesn’t, that’s part of growing up. I fully agree with taking your time and especially delaying the physical as long as possible, (preferably marriage), but it doesn’t need to be a family affair. I personally know I could never do it that way and I never have.

20. Inez Says:
    October 19th, 2013 at 1:48 pm

And for goodness sakes, it’s not sinful to kiss a boy! I have many times and rarely ever ended up in bed with them! It’s just another form of expression for how you feel for someone else. It doesn’t have to lead to anything else. If you have self-control, it won’t. I’ve seen Josh and Anna on TV during their courtship and they would hold hands on occasion but they would rarely, if ever, hug and certainly not kiss. Why on earth are these people so afraid of physical affection? I get delaying sex. I agree wholeheartedly but no hugging or kissing? Really? Again, if you feel like you did your job as parents right in teaching them to value your bodies and value the body of your partner, then what are you afraid of? I understand they have religious convictions. I do, too. I am a devout Catholic. But theirs seem deeply fear based and that’s sad.

21. maggie7265 Says:
    October 20th, 2013 at 9:47 am

I wonder if part of getting JimBob’s approval is a sperm count.

22. phyllis Says:
    October 21st, 2013 at 3:17 am

while the show is entertaining ( I have tuned in since it was 14 kids and counting ) I think the children must be embarressedknowing that all their parents do is fuck ALL the time. gods will. baloney. try birth cintrol

Comments