Big Brother’s GinaMarie Zimmerman Upset Over Being Fired For Racial Slurs

September 20, 2013 12:00 PM by Lisa Princ

While this past season has possibly been the worst season ever of Big Brother, it also seemed to have one of the most racist groups of contestants ever. And after GinaMarie Zimmerman lost to Andy in the finale, she also learned that she lost her job due to her racist remarks earlier in the season…and she was not happy about it!

Seriously? GinaMarie Zimmerman can not possibly be shocked that she was fired from her job after throwing out a bunch of racial remarks this season on Big Brother, but she does seem to be upset by it. Speaking to Entertainment Weekly after the finale on Wednesday, Zimmerman admitted that being fired was: “A real big stab in the heart kind of thing, because my whole life is pageant and dancing.” She also said it would be tough since the kids look up to her for being positive, not negative. Hmm, perhaps she should have thought about that prior to running her mouth?

Speaking of her big, annoying mouth, GinaMarie also admitted that she knows her big mouth gets her in trouble. However, she does feel bad about the things she said, stating: “Anything I said or that offended anyone, I apologize for that. You know, I got a big mouth sometimes. I’ve got to keep it shut.” Yeah, sure. Meanwhile, her equally racist partner in crime on the show, Aaryn Gries, also apologized for the things she said, however, she does not seem the least bit upset about losing her job.

What did you think of this season of Big Brother? Was it the worst season ever? Did Andy deserve to win? We know you have an opinion and we’d love to hear it, so feel free to share your best Big Brother predictions in the comment section below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook!. Click here for more information about Big Brother. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: Big Brother 15.

Photos courtesy of CBS

Topics: Big Brother, CBS Reality TV Shows |

17 Responses to “Big Brother’s GinaMarie Zimmerman Upset Over Being Fired For Racial Slurs”

1. Patrice Wright Says:
    September 22nd, 2013 at 12:04 pm

I enjoy watching BB each season. I wish you could come up with a BB for the older generation to participate. They are some older people 50 + that watches your show and I feel they would enjoy seeing more mature people playing games also. Also it would be a good idea to eliminate players once the racist remakes are made. Let the competition be played with humor, fun and enjoyment.

2. Patrice Wright Says:
    September 22nd, 2013 at 12:08 pm

I am one who do not like or want to see anyone being fired, however if you put yourself out there and make racist comments do not expect everyone to agree with you. I applaud her EX-Employer in doing the right thing and making a huge statement. RACISM WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

3. SUZ Says:
    September 22nd, 2013 at 12:20 pm

This was the WORST season EVER. I couldn’t beleive that the shows producers let the tirades continue. People have been forced off the show for much less. Big Brother was my favorite summer show but I had to stop watching because at times it was disturbing. I think you need to vet your candidates more thoroughly or just give the show up. It would have been nice that the troublemakes wear told on the last show that they had NO jobs to go back. Noe that I would have paid for.

4. laura Says:
    September 23rd, 2013 at 12:33 pm

I did not like big brother this year, and none of the two deserved to win

5. Allidon Says:
    September 23rd, 2013 at 5:57 pm

Our USA Big Brother is just terrible! Other countries BB show is so much better! Australia has a better house, better games, contests and great housemates!

I do not care about the racial comments, they are just part of the social game! CBS should have edited those comments out instead of fueling the racial fire.

Julie Chen should be fired for the way she grilled Aaryn when she was evicted! Julie Chen was not professional that night!

6. Koala Clemmons Says:
    September 23rd, 2013 at 8:24 pm

I used to enjoy BB, but this season’s show was less than entertaining. Contestants should be told up front that bullying, racists comments and physical violence will mean immediate departure from show. Why would CBS allow them to stay on? I don’t think Andy, GinaMarie nor Spencer deserved to be in the finals, but that was up to their housemates. The house guests who were a negative mark on BB were Aaryn, GinaMarie, Jeremy, Kaitlyn and Spencer who made some misogynistic and homophobic comments at the beginning.

7. Betty Timozek Says:
    September 24th, 2013 at 11:06 am

None of the last 3 deserved to win. All the ones that were competing and doing a good job were voted off. The last 3 just floated on the others coat tails and were completely annoying. I think it would be much more interesting if there were less complaining about each other on the show. Just playing the game to win and not slamming each other to death. This is quite annoying. It would still be entertaining if they just completed and didn’t do all the other stuff.

8. Anna Says:
    September 25th, 2013 at 6:38 pm

I remember the first season where the AUDIENCE got to evict each player each week. I also tend to agree with Patrice Wright…I would want to watch a season with more ‘mature’ house guests. Unfortunately, these days if there are any mature house guests, they are voted out within the first fw weeks.

I also think Elisa should’ve won. I lost interest after she got voted off.

9. outstandworldcitizen Says:
    September 26th, 2013 at 8:03 am

I cringed, fast forwarded and ultimately stopped watching this season. To deflect your racist bigotted behavior with half assed excuses of “I gotta big mouth” is utterly delusional and downright disturbing. This was the worst season ever.

10. Vernon Preston Says:
    September 26th, 2013 at 8:37 am

I didn’t like it one bit Amanda,aryne,Andy and gm they should have left long time ago,they let to much go I hope next yes is better

11. Lisa Says:
    September 26th, 2013 at 3:48 pm

This was the most horrible season ever! I feel like the final 3 were a waste of airtime and everyone of ginamarie’s speeches made her look dumber than she usually looks! I feel bad elissa was targeted right from the beginning! Just because she didn’t come out and say she was Rachel’s sister doesn’t make her shady at all! I wish mccrea would have played a better game becashe I did like him! Jeremy, Kaitlin, and aaryn were so mean and I would be so embarrassed if they were my kids! Aaryn’s comments about everyone hating cute people is so ridiculous! She is so self absorbed and will get no where in life with that attitude! Oh and I’m southern and I do not talk like that!

12. Elaine Says:
    September 27th, 2013 at 6:56 am

Big brother was definitely different but for those players who lost their jobs is totally absurd. As far as I know, we still have “freedom of speech” so they are entitled to their remarks. If the media would not have made a big deal out of it. Neither would anyone else. No one gets upset when fat jokes are made or age jokes o any got her crude remarks or criticism, no one says a word. Firing those girls for any thing except treason remarks is not justified. Amanda should.be fired for being a bully and a slut. Andy did not deserve to win. At
    Least Gina Marie was upfront with everyone. She’s the winner as far as I am concerned

13. Blythe5050 Says:
    September 27th, 2013 at 11:24 pm

Bb15 is done and im not a stan so i dont want her to lose her job but these ppl true colors cameout in the house and no apology will take back the offense i felt when she called welfare “n” word insurance as if only blacks or ignorant ppl get it . Its temporary help developed way back in the eay for homecoming war veterans. Now it s temporary help for transitional ppl not just blacks , everybody. She has some nerve. But i digress because the show is over and i hope they check the new ones out more carefully next season

14. Rhonda Says:
    September 28th, 2013 at 10:53 am

I wish they would go back to how it was on the very first show. I loved the pets, and the fun people. I liked the different challenges. It was just a bunch of goofy people doing goofy things that made the show fun to watch. Now it’s all about hook ups and trash talking and now it’s even worse, racial comments and tearing people apart.

15. Kim Says:
    September 29th, 2013 at 6:35 am

This was the worst season of big brother I have ever seen! Racism is a big deal and I am glad the we’re fired, they should have been. Bullying is a big deal too. The producers should have gotten rid of Amanda as soon as she started her crap, but because hers was not physical, they let her stay – not smart. Andy should not have won, he copied what Ian did. I think they should let the views vote also and combine the results with the house guests for eviction. If next years is the same, I will find another show. :(

16. Teresa Says:
    September 29th, 2013 at 9:18 pm

GinaMarie lost in EVERY sense of the word…guess she should have been taught, just because you CAN say something stupid(freedom of speech or not) it has a tendency to backfire and all we do or say has CONSEQUENCES!! She took the action, now she is dealing with the REACTION!! Hope she learned a lesson…

17. outovdarkness Says:
    September 30th, 2013 at 7:27 pm

As an african american male, I didn’t care for some of the things said, but it’s part of the show… people show who they are and I’ve seen other seasons were people may not have been particularly racist but just as equally despictable. Like Evil Dick. Every season is a train wreck of personalities who show their ugly side to win a bunch of money… some of the nices and purist of ‘intentions’ like Howard goes in the house and becomes a great big liar. It’s a social experient that I find entertaining, particularly when we see the real people in this element. If people want scripted, unoffensive reality, then Idol and the Bacherlorette are the shows to watch.

Comments