Ruben Studdard Learns Important Life Lessons On Biggest Loser Ranch

September 27, 2013 06:29 AM by Lisa Princ

A couple months ago, we learned that American Idol‘s season two winner, Ruben Studdard would be part of the new cast for season 15 of The Biggest Loser, which will air in October. If you’re as excited as we are to see Studdard hit the gym, you’re in luck as the Idol champ recently dished about his stint on the ranch, and revealed that he is already learning important life lessons!

Some may have been skeptical to learn that Ruben Studdard was heading to season 15 of The Biggest Loser, but truth be told, Studdard definitely needed the help overcoming his growing weight problem. The 35-year-old is the heaviest contestant on the new season, and he learned that due to his weight, his health is also declining. However, in a new interview with the media, it sounds as though Studdard is already learning important life lessons at the ranch.

Each season, we watch as the contestants not only tackle the physical aspect of their weight, but also the mental aspect of it, and the season two Idol champ is no exception. He dished that one important lesson he has learned so far is: “I have to get up every day and give myself the two hours that I need to keep myself together before I even get into any music stuff, and that’s just going to have to be how I do it.”

Meanwhile, Ruben also said that once he wraps up on the show, he will definitely begin recording his sixth album, but right now, he needs to focus on getting healthy!

What do you think of Ruben Studdard going on The Biggest Loser? We know you have an opinion and we want to hear it! Sound off in the comments section and let us know!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about American Idol. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: American Idol.

Photo Credit: NBC

Topics: American Idol, FOX Reality TV Shows, NBC Reality TV Shows, The Biggest Loser |

15 Responses to “Ruben Studdard Learns Important Life Lessons On Biggest Loser Ranch”

1. ASAPP Says:
    September 27th, 2013 at 6:42 am

I think Reuben on the show will be great for him. Right now, I believe this is a real life situation regardless of him being famous. I think he really needs this. According to Studdard he has struggled with his weight for quite some time. I am very excited for him and can’t wait to watch him this season.

2. Ginny G Says:
    September 27th, 2013 at 6:53 am

I hope he is successful he has a great voice and has not got the fan base he deserves. Good Luck Ruben

3. Jeff C Says:
    September 27th, 2013 at 7:23 am

Ruben is still alive? Awesome!

4. Nan G Says:
    September 27th, 2013 at 7:28 am

I’m happy that Ruben has made such a important decision to take on this Life Journey. I will be Praying for him every step of the way.

5. Roenia Booth Says:
    September 27th, 2013 at 7:33 am

I wish him the best because when it boils down to it ,if we do not have our health we really have nothing. so I admire him for deciding to tackle this issue.

6. maya Says:
    September 27th, 2013 at 7:46 am

Reuben being on the show renewed my interest in it. I absolutely love him. He could have easily hired someone to work with him privately, but he chose to put himself out there – warts & all – to work though his weight issues; something that can help many people as well as himself. He already has a fan base for that beautiful voice, now he can be a positive role model too. Kudos to Reuben – he’s already a winner in my book!

7. Jennifer L. Says:
    September 27th, 2013 at 7:50 am

Right now it is about him saving his life not about him being a celebrity. Good Luck Ruben!

8. FoxxC Says:
    September 27th, 2013 at 7:59 am

As a Birmingham native, I will definately be watching Ruben. I am struggling myself so I would love for him to show me how its done. I’m a huge fan of the show and I hope he represents. Go Ruben, Go Ruben!

9. Hawglegg Says:
    September 27th, 2013 at 8:04 am

I think Reuben should be a role model for Oprah Winfrey, Kelly Osbourne, Wendy Williams and all other extremely large celebrities. Hopefully, they will all follow suit and make America beautiful.

10. Karen Vars Says:
    September 27th, 2013 at 8:04 am

Ruben, We wish you all the best with “The Biggest Loser” Challenge. Your Health is the most IMPORTANT in your life, without it you have NOTHING. We are fans of Clay Aiken’s and know that you two are “Best Buddies” and we want you to get Healthy (just like Clay does) so you two can remain Lifelong Friends. Remember God puts us together as Friends for a Reason. We know Clay will be on the sidelines rooting you on as you did when he was on “Celebrity Apprentice”. I know it will be a tough haul, but in the end will be well worth it. You will be Proud of the Goals that you’ve achieved during the Challenge as your Family will be too. Keep in mind that “I can do all this through him who gives me strength” Philippians 4:13. Again Good Luck and God Bless You !!! Karen and Michele

11. goggy Says:
    September 27th, 2013 at 9:21 am

hawglegg… neither Kelly Osborne nor Wendy Williams is overweight… it’s hard enough to deal with celebrity without being falsely accused… get your facts straight. Kelly has worked very hard and already lost a lot of weight… check out Wendy’s waist… it’s tiny. The only thing about her that’s large is her bust and it was made to order… getcher act together kiddo!

12. Gloria P. Says:
    September 27th, 2013 at 9:56 am

Reuben, go for it guy!Your fans are hoping for the best for you, and I am one of them! I am very proud of Reuben for taking on the very important life-lesson of “you are what you eat”! Because what you eat can kill!He’s a young man and I know from his zest for living,he’s not about to commit suicide! Good Luck Reuben

13. Cherie Houston Says:
    September 27th, 2013 at 10:48 am

With God all things are possible. GO REUBEN GO!
    There’s nothing to big for God. GO REUBEN GO!

14. shawn Says:
    September 27th, 2013 at 11:23 am

Reuben never stuttered , ever !

15. Concerned Citizen Says:
    December 27th, 2013 at 3:11 pm

I love Ruben at any weight. I just hope he doesn’t jeopardize his health further in his bid to lose the extra weight. Maybe he needs a good, strong, healthy workout (and life?) partner to join him in his quest. Just say’n!

Comments