Bethenny Frankel Vs Ellen DeGeneres: Battle Of The Talk Show Hosts

October 09, 2013 06:00 AM by Stephanie Gustafson

Bethenny Frankel hoped to distance herself from her Real Housewives of New York City legacy by hosting a talk show, but so far, the plan just isn’t working out. With ratings sinking lower and lower, Bethenny’s placing the blame squarely on the shoulders of Ellen DeGeneres. What gives?

Is Ellen DeGeneres to blame for the poor ratings plaguing Bethenny Frankel’s talk show? Bethenny certainly appears to think so! A source tells Radar Online that the former Real Housewives star hoped that Ellen would be able to snag some big names for her show. Unfortunately, efforts to book Miley Cyrus, Sandra Bullock and Gwyneth Paltrow have all fallen through, leaving Bethenny “absolutely peeved that she has been unable to get a big name celebrity to come on.”

That’s not to say that Ellen — Bethenny’s producer — is slacking on the effort. The problem has less to do with Ellen’s inability to attract big names and more to do with Hollywood’s huge aversion to anything related to the Real Housewives. As Radar Online’s source explains, “The big name celebrities don’t want to go on a talk show hosted by a former Bravo housewife. It’s causing major drama behind the scenes of Frankel’s show, which is struggling in the ratings.”

And a lack of big name celebs is certainly not the only cause of low ratings. She might not be quite as obnoxious as she was during her days on the Real Housewives of New York City, but Bethenny Frankel remains a decidedly grating alternative to her main newbie talk show competitor: Queen Latifah.

Have you tuned in for Bethenny Frankel’s talk show? What did you think? Leave a comment and let us know!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about The Real Housewives Of New York City. For other great Reality TV News, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Real Housewives of New York City.

Photo Credit: Bravo

Topics: American Idol, Bravo Reality TV Shows, Ellen DeGeneres, FOX Reality TV Shows, The Real Housewives Of New York City |

19 Responses to “Bethenny Frankel Vs Ellen DeGeneres: Battle Of The Talk Show Hosts”

1. Rosemary Owen Says:
    October 9th, 2013 at 6:49 am

The show stinks. She’s got no personality. It’s about nothing, which worked for Seinfeld, but not her. She needs to get divorced and get off the air.

2. ree Says:
    October 9th, 2013 at 6:59 am

Couldn’t watch it, she is so bad, too bad cause I always liked her

3. Nancy Says:
    October 9th, 2013 at 7:09 am

Who?

4. Lauren Says:
    October 9th, 2013 at 8:01 am

What an ungrateful Bitch. You are the problem! You are always blaming everyone for your failures; mother, husband, friends, now Ellen. Really?

5. greg Says:
    October 9th, 2013 at 9:11 am

how about you are a no talent hack that is only famous for a REALITY tv show.
    you havent done anything

6. Renee Says:
    October 9th, 2013 at 9:12 am

It’s too bad it’s not going to work out, but I’m not surprised. I do not think she appeals to those outside the reality TV genre, or outside of NY. What bothers me most is that her audience seems to be made up of “plants,” she’s ALWAYS able to find the perfectly scripted people who easily agree with whatever problem they’re discussing on the show – comes off phony, and it shows. Also, I’m sure big-name celebs and musicians do not HAVE to appear on her show to get their name out there; plenty of entertainment shows, on line social media, etc take care of that – and, they’re always going to choose a more established show like Katie, Queen Latifa, or even Ellen D before going to her. It is disappointing, however, that instead of hustling to network and establish herself outside the reality TV genre, she’s blaming Ellen…..which = the death of the Bethenny show (no more “calling on her girls!”)

7. elaine Says:
    October 9th, 2013 at 9:46 am

have never liked her, to big on herself, everything is about how she and her past, but she was always her her her, she had a good man and she blew that, I just wish he could have their daughter for her to have character and not be like her mother, I feel bad for ellen, she should have known better, but ellen is real, beth isn’t, I won’t even watch a show that she is on, I think Jason thought he could help beth, but I had her number from the beginning, don’t blame ellen for your misgivings, you can take the credit for all of that

8. renee Says:
    October 9th, 2013 at 9:56 am

I tried to watch it, but honestly the song ‘calling all my girls’ and watching her stand there moving around a bit was queasy…the panel was also stupid since all they wanted to talk about was themselves and not the audience questions – whole thing was just lame. She is shocking and should’ve stuck to her image and did like a wendy Williams type talk show to shock talk. Doesn’t need the money, so focus on her daughter and alcohol. Stay married – the guy was decent and nice. This proves her therapist did nothing for her all these years and years. You just can’t change some people – she was liked for her candor and shock and should’ve stuck to it!

9. Kim H Says:
    October 9th, 2013 at 9:59 am

I watched a show and she was pretty grating. It seemed she was reading off of cue cards, not very authentic. I loved watching her on Bravo, but her talk show was pretty bad, she had a panel on with her and they all seemed bored.
    Don’t really like the Katie Couric show either…no one can replace Oprah, she was classy, smart and entertaining.

10. michele Says:
    October 9th, 2013 at 10:20 am

I still don’t understand why people watch those
    housewives shows. Why would you be interested in
    people who sound totally uninteresting? I’ve seen
    the trailers and they are disgusting, petty, overdone loudmouths and there is nothing real about them, so I can understand why this show is a
    bomb. Ellen has real talent, is interesting, kind
    and has paid her dues and people respect her. I
    think most of these real celebrities are offended
    with the likes of the reality celebrities.

11. Sarah Says:
    October 9th, 2013 at 10:53 am

Unfortunately, I don’t think Bethenny is a good person. I like the fun outspoken side of her – but I just don’t think she has a kind heart. I’d rather watch the view

12. trespink Says:
    October 9th, 2013 at 11:22 am

I tried to watch Bethenny’s show for the 1st 3 weeks, & it is awful! Bethenny is EXHAUSTING to watch….yak yak yammer yammer like a jackhammer for an hour. Running her mouth every moment, talking over her guests, showing off for the audience, racing from one segment to another….it goes on & on. She is not a people person & is terrible interviewer, because you can tell that she just hates to let anyone else get a word in & the windmills in her mind are whirling around with the next thing she will say…& when she says it she will say it as fast as she can. She is not likeable. She is ALL about herself. She doesn’t showcase her guests to make them look great…she’s just dying for them to shut up so she can talk again.

13. Angel Says:
    October 9th, 2013 at 4:50 pm

I personally love the show! I think Bethenny is great and am happy to see her come so far! I watch it everyday and will continue to do so as long as it is on the air.

14. Melin Says:
    October 9th, 2013 at 4:59 pm

Bethenney should go a completely different route and CATER TO THE REAL HOUSEWIVES viewers. Have reality stars ON HER SHOW. We can see the “stars” on other talk shows ad nauseum but we rarely get to see the reality “stars”. She should align herself with Andy Cohen on Bravo and forget trying to be a copy of Ellen.

15. pat Says:
    October 9th, 2013 at 5:08 pm

Never watched her show because she always came across to me as not really liking people…just being competitive!! To have a successful talk show you have to genuinely like people and make your guests the stars! as all successful hosts do.

16. Trish Says:
    October 9th, 2013 at 5:13 pm

I watched for 3 weeks also ONLY because Ellen was promoting her on her show. It was horrible she is so annoying but I thought if Ellen liked her I would try. So blame yourself cause I never would have watched in the first place if Ellen hadn’t asked.

17. ann Says:
    October 10th, 2013 at 5:53 am

I Never watched her talk show,couldn’t stand her 2 reality shows.The few times I watched,she treated her husband like dirt.The personilty of Bethenny is that of a sarcastic witch.She is just like Teresa Guidice blames everyone for everything,and nothing is ever their fault.Both play the innocent victim!

18. anya Says:
    October 11th, 2013 at 2:37 am

This is a train wreck show but to be honest, I watch it to see how bad it can actually get. Yesterday, madame in her polkadot green dress was shouting at her guests and audience and displaying terrible irreverence to all. It’s hysterically amateur!!!!

19. Lynn Says:
    October 14th, 2013 at 7:16 pm

Like the show. Like the idea of having more reality people on show, that might work for her and give her a more faithful audience!

Comments