Ellen DeGeneres Dismisses Bethenny Frankel Feud Rumors

October 17, 2013 05:00 PM by Stephanie Gustafson

Are American Idol alum Ellen DeGeneres and former Real Housewives of New York star Bethenny Frankel in the midst of a nasty feud? Apparently, the answer is a resounding no. The two took some time to clear the air during a recent chat on Bethenny’s talk show.

It’s no secret that Bethenny Frankel’s talk show has elicited less-than-stellar ratings. But according to a recent batch of rumors, the reality star blamed Ellen DeGeneres’ failure to snag hotshot celebs (not, you know, Bethenny’s grating personality) as the real reason behind the show’s dismal performance.

In an attempt to set the record straight, Bethenny invited Ellen on her show for a brief chat. Ellen was not able to appear in person, but she did chat with her fellow talk show host via satellite. During their candid conversation, Bethenny admitted, “I was just telling my audience how much I love you and how amazing you’ve been  to me.” She then went on to explain that, although the media often causes some confusion related to the true nature of celebrity relationships, she and Ellen are, in fact, good friends. “I genuinely love you and look up to you and I call you when things are rough or  when I need advice and that’s just the nature of this relationship.”

Ellen agreed, adding that, despite what people think about rumors always being true on some level, “There is absolutely not one crumb of truth in [the rivalry rumors] at all…I am not distancing myself from your show.”

Turns out, Ellen Degeneres and Bethenny Frankel are best buds after all! But we still have to wonder if, at some level, Ellen regrets taking on this ratings disaster. What do you think? Sound off in the comments section below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about The Real Housewives Of New York City. For other great Reality TV News, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Real Housewives of New York City.

Photo Credit: Fox

Topics: American Idol, Bravo Reality TV Shows, FOX Reality TV Shows, The Real Housewives Of New York City |

13 Responses to “Ellen DeGeneres Dismisses Bethenny Frankel Feud Rumors”

1. KSMACKER Says:
    October 18th, 2013 at 4:22 am

what could we all have become with cable TV?

2. dai coneray Says:
    October 18th, 2013 at 5:08 am

there is just too many talk shows now, and Bethanny seems to always make the show about HER and not the guests. Queen Latiffa is an Oscar winning bonafide STAR but when you watch her show she lets the guests SHINE and brings out the best in her guests,Ellen, Oprah, Steve Harvey so did Ricki Lake(don’t know why they didn’t give her a chance to find her grip) so that’s what I hear a lot of people say about
    Bethanney.

3. cate Says:
    October 18th, 2013 at 4:41 pm

I would agree – bethenny does tend to make the show about her somehow
    the segments are too short and there are too many segments – and bethenny is quite loud – don’t get me wrong I love the girl – she just needs some voice training and slow it down a little….

4. Elizabeth Gomez Says:
    October 19th, 2013 at 7:12 pm

I do not like the show. She is trying to hard and she is too hyper. I also have to say all the drama with her divorce does not help. I actually liked Jason, I felt he was kind and he put up with her neurosis…sad

5. Stephanie Usher Says:
    October 19th, 2013 at 7:33 pm

My daughter and I were saying that when watching Bethenny you tend to feel anxious and not comfortable and relaxed. She needs to slow down a little and tone down her voice. Also, my daughter 42 says the show caters to a younger audience and does not have varied topics. Men would definitely not be interested unlike Ellen show who caters to all ages and genders.

6. Kathy Says:
    October 19th, 2013 at 7:40 pm

Bethany who?

7. C W Says:
    October 19th, 2013 at 7:48 pm

I expected to see the real Bethenny from her reality shows, but this one is following a formula of some kind that is too sweet and forced. Forcing it may account for the loudness and tone. Going through a legal mess can’t help. Bethenny is best when candid about healthy food, showing how to prepare it, and throwing in consumer issues as well. Give her a decent kitchen like Rachael Ray’s and Martha Stewart’s. Cut out the silly would you ever. Let her give useful advice. She is good at that, I think.

8. Jake Says:
    October 19th, 2013 at 7:59 pm

Bethenny is a former Real Housewives of NEW YORK…not NJ.

9. Robert Says:
    October 19th, 2013 at 8:50 pm

Their friendship was probably the source of the problem. Caring about someone can blind you to their issues. Bethenny is not someone most people would want carping and whining to them for an hour each day. I can’t imagine who’s surprised that her show is tanking in the ratings…other than Ellen, I guess.

10. PJ Says:
    October 19th, 2013 at 9:01 pm

I watched this segment with Ellen and Bethenny and thought they seemed strained.

11. Shelly H Says:
    October 19th, 2013 at 11:16 pm

I’ve watched her show several times, because I like Bethenny, & her personality, so I wanted to give it a fair chance. Honestly, it is very boring, & there is just nothing in her show that is different from all the others.

12. Maggie Smith Says:
    January 4th, 2014 at 11:23 pm

It’s true that Bethenny has worked very hard to be where and what she is today – she came from nothing and deserves to be reconized for this – HOWEVER right from day one, I found her annoying and selfish – she treated her husband as a gopher – his only role was to be her whipping boy – tough to watch him sink so low . Her voice is so grating even for those of us with hearing problems are inclined to cover our ears . She knows how hard life can be – maybe she could offer some hard working young students who are in need of assistance,the opportunity to have the education they deserve. Just get off the air .

13. Maggie Smith Says:
    January 4th, 2014 at 11:34 pm

PS – my husband claims that her viewers are also entertained watching Honey Boo Boo
    Maggie