The Real Housewives Of Atlanta Premiere: Porsha Thinks Kordell Stewart Is Gay

November 04, 2013 07:28 AM by Stephanie Gustafson

Watch out world – The Real Housewives of Atlanta has returned for its sixth season! As expected, last night’s Real Housewives of Atlanta premiere packed in plenty of drama, with much of the focus aimed at Kordell Stewart’s sexual orientation.

You gotta give it to the producers of The Real Housewives of Atlanta — they didn’t waste any time returning to the usual chaos during yesterday’s season six premiere. And there was plenty of drama fodder, that’s for sure. Porsha Stewart managed to snag quite a bit of screen time, thanks to her rapidly crumbling marriage. And no wonder, for, during last season’s finale, the reality star learned her husband was filing for divorce…via Twitter. Ouch!

Never one to taking mistreatment sitting down, Porsha fought back by attempting to convince the world of Kordell’s homosexuality. She admitted, “There were definitely times in the marriage that Kordell didn’t necessarily want me, physically, and that made me wonder, what does he want?”

Apparently, this isn’t the first time Porsha has suspected Kordell of hiding in the closet. Friends and family members were already gossiping about his sexual orientation long before the dynamic duo got hitched. But when Porsha asked Kordell about the rumors, “he explained it away.”

What do you think? Could Kordell Stewart’s real incentive to end his marriage be that he’s finally managed to come to terms with his sexuality? Or is this accusation just Porsha’s half-hearted attempt at striking back in anger? We know you have an opinion and we want to hear it, so feel free to sound off in the comments section below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about The Real Housewives of Atlanta. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Real Housewives of Atlanta.

Photo Credit: Bravo

Topics: Bravo Reality TV Shows, The Real Housewives Of Atlanta |

43 Responses to “The Real Housewives Of Atlanta Premiere: Porsha Thinks Kordell Stewart Is Gay”

1. blahblah1211 Says:
    November 4th, 2013 at 8:43 am

Maybe he doesn’t want her because he doesnt want HER. He married her. clearly a mistake..and he probably doesnt like the terms of the prenup…so suddenly she says he is gay?

2. Bonita the monkey Says:
    November 4th, 2013 at 9:51 am

I know she is a man. I know her cousin Toniqua Jones!

3. Toniqua Jones Says:
    November 4th, 2013 at 9:53 am

Thats right he is a woman. Izes nos my cous in he be a man and is now a wo man.

4. Prince Says:
    November 4th, 2013 at 9:56 am

There is no man that have the fear of God inside them that will turn a lady like Porsha down. In my opinion the Kordell is hiding something and whatever that thing is, only him can tell. Good luck Porsha and one day you will find a man that will treat you like a princess that you are. Shame on you Kordell!

5. HE IS SO GAY. Says:
    November 4th, 2013 at 9:57 am

I ended a relationship with a closeted gay man a few months ago. Kordell Stewart is one hundred percent gay. It is a good thing they didn’t have kids before she realized he is playing for the other team. Porsha is handling it remarkably well.

6. Nellie Says:
    November 4th, 2013 at 9:59 am

If he is gay, why does she want to reconcile?
    Face it Porsha, he is sick of you!

7. EloiseM. Says:
    November 4th, 2013 at 10:05 am

Blahblah, you are quite CORRECT . He doesn’t want HER. And for good reason it seems. She chose the camer which is short lived and stupid advice from stupid women over her vows and husband and ORIGINAL desire for the marriage. I know she is going to regret her decision to to rogue in her marriage for the sake of being seen on camera, however, KORDELL and his son will prevail successfully. Best wishes to KORDELL.

8. deborah allen Says:
    November 4th, 2013 at 10:09 am

Hmm seems to be a theme of the housewives to suggest their ex is gay after a break up.

9. Atl_Finest Says:
    November 4th, 2013 at 10:16 am

Everyone and their grandma know Kordell is gay. He found a nice young immature young lady to fall for his B.S instead of going through an agency that specialize in bearding. Kordell should have asked John Legend what agency his wife Christie work for.

10. Fourcr74 Says:
    November 4th, 2013 at 10:34 am

It’s quite possible that had they not opened up they’re family to a reality show, particularly one of such social dysfunction, they might still be happy together. He was the “celebrity” here so if he didn’t agree with it, it wouldn’t have happened. I don’t know anything about Cordell’s sexual proclivity, but I do know that down low brotha’s exist, they are just more on the low than 10 years ago.

11. Crystal Says:
    November 4th, 2013 at 10:39 am

Why does she want him? He is sooooo ugly and has no sense of decency. Divorce via twitter, clearly hiding something Hmmmm?

12. Sally Says:
    November 4th, 2013 at 10:39 am

Why he has to be gay, cus he dont want you, HE JUST DON’T WANT YOU, what’s so hard about that,you are not what he expected as a wife.

13. Mskatzy Says:
    November 4th, 2013 at 10:40 am

Him being gay is such old news. It has been out there for years. Look at how he acts, wants her home at a certain time, he no way likes women. He is abusive, because he resents women.

14. Bob Says:
    November 4th, 2013 at 10:42 am

Kordell was caught in a car having sex with another man back in the late 90′s in Pittsburgh. It was a park that was known known as a hotspot for gay men to hook up. This is old news. I know this because my sister was the cop.

15. ChkMate Says:
    November 4th, 2013 at 10:42 am

Well I doubt that this is an instance of her getting back at Kordell these have been rumors long before she came to RHOA. Im sure the editors and producers definitely played this up but some of the cast had spoken on Kordell’s possible homosexuality last season prior to divorce. Besides this is the franchise of housewives that unfortunately celebrates men in women’s garments (heels, clothing, wigs, makeup) I doubt this is anything malicious on Porcha’s part.

16. A Says:
    November 4th, 2013 at 10:44 am

So what does it say about her? He banging dudes and coming home to her, and somehow she thinks that doesn’t reflect negatively on her?

17. Ronda Says:
    November 4th, 2013 at 10:50 am

Kordell is VERY gay, it’s pretty obvious if you watch him. I wish he would just come out, already!

18. OHNO1121 Says:
    November 4th, 2013 at 10:55 am

Isn’t Walter is available?

19. sunlite Says:
    November 4th, 2013 at 11:00 am

Rumors of him being gay have been around for years. The best thing for him to do is come out the closet and go on with his life.

20. My Says:
    November 4th, 2013 at 11:03 am

I think something is up.. If he doesn’t want her anymore be man enough to just tell her that.. He never really gave her any type of explaination.. However if it was me, after the way he handled it there would be no way I’d take him back… You tell everyone on Twitter that you’re divorcing me, that’s how I find out? Seconc blahblah1211, that’s been rumored for years that he’s gay even when he was in NFL…

21. ladykorbel Says:
    November 4th, 2013 at 11:07 am

Well, it was reported a few years ago when Kordell went to play for the Chicago Bears that he was gay…supposedly the reason the Steelers no longer wanted him. It appeared to me that The Bears were not protecting him and left him for the opposing team to “Take Him Down. I’m thinking marrying Porsha was a cover up.

22. Rhoda Pires Says:
    November 4th, 2013 at 11:08 am

Whatever his reasons, Porsha is probably fully aware of them. Easier to pretend you were blindsided.

23. a11990 Says:
    November 4th, 2013 at 11:09 am

He is obviously gay.

24. deloris north Says:
    November 4th, 2013 at 11:11 am

How can this even be concidered any ones concern, this should only be a concern to the two of them. I think this is just a way for Porsha to strike back.Thats all that I have to say on the matter.A nd its just my opinion . I realy didnt care for the mousy way Porshe acted,nor the way Kordell tried to control her,but then she seemed tonot care if he did use control tactics so she got what was coming,he asked want family or career and she chose career end of story …..

25. Avalis Says:
    November 4th, 2013 at 11:15 am

It’s very suspect that Porsha all of a sudden comes up with gay allegations against Kordell when all we ever heard about him from Porsha was how “wonderful” he was. She would never criticize him, nor agree with the other ladies’ assessment of his sexist, controlling ways. I can perfectly understand her being upset and more than let down with the way he decided to divorce her, but to resort to nasty and defamatory allegations is clearly below the belt.

26. Jae Says:
    November 4th, 2013 at 11:22 am

I remember last season when they were going somewhere (I think Porsha was giving a party) and as she was trying on dresses for her sister and mother she said “Kordell LOVES to dress me up”. I thought at that time it was a little strange. Not that I thought he was gay but I thought that it didn’t sound like their relationship was on the same level. He always treated her like she was just an accessory. She wanted to have a meeting at THEIr house and had to get his permission first. She needs to find a man who respects her and doesn’t want to own her.

27. Patrice Says:
    November 4th, 2013 at 11:25 am

I live 4 to 5 hours away from the Stewarts, and I knew he was gay from day one….He married Porche for his image. She has to come to terms that he is gay and controlling, he has an image to protect

28. Kevin Says:
    November 4th, 2013 at 11:34 am

It is a known fact that he is gay, she was his beard.

29. Annette Says:
    November 4th, 2013 at 11:36 am

I have always thought Cordell was very arrogant, disrepectful and GAY. I noticed how he warmed up to Walter (Kenya Moore’s ‘man’) on the show. Hmmmmm, maybe there’s something there lol. Best wishes to Porsha..she deserves better!!

30. Cynthis Says:
    November 4th, 2013 at 11:38 am

What a nasty thing to do…trying to “out” your ex just because the relationship didn’t work out. Let’s say the man is gay. So, your retaliation is to go after him in public in this manner? I just don’t understand people like this. She talks about what an upstanding person she is, so why not accept the loss of the marriage and not destroy someone in the process. I hope he is gay and the gay community turns around and boycotts the show and Andy Cohen. Get this trash off the air!

31. Superunloader Says:
    November 4th, 2013 at 11:42 am

Well, their relationship should work out perfectly then, since she looks like a man anyway.

32. Devvie Says:
    November 4th, 2013 at 11:46 am

There have been rumors for years and years that Cordell was gay. The rumors started long before Portia ever met him. They resurfaced when he took to Twitter to announce the news of the divorce, BEFORE he even told his wife. Something is not right with that guy. He showed his true colors. He wanted total control over Portia. He expected her to take care of a child he had with someone else, even when he was home. He tried to put it off as being old fashioned, but Portia actually did raise his child. The story of Cordell being gay has legs, and will not go away. Portia didn’t start them. They all resurfaced with his recent behavior. I think she is better off without him personally. Marriage isn’t about controlling your spouse and Cordell was a control freak and very cold to his young wife. It is devastating for a woman or man when their spouse shows no interest in them sexually. This is the case whether you are on a reality show or living a regular life. I wish her well. She needs to grow. When she was in the hospital after a miscarriage the man only visited her once in a whole week of staying. Yes there is definitely something missing in him. No empathy and other traits could lead to a diagnosis of his being a psychopath.

33. Getmovingon, girl! Says:
    November 4th, 2013 at 11:47 am

Nene said it right: Kordell ended the relationship in a VERY Queen-way. She is right. Every gay guy I know who married (young usually when they are just not quite accepting who they are) treats their woman abusively with no respect whatsoever–just like Kordell has.
    He didn’t visit you but one time when you had a miscarriage with his child? He locks you out? He wants you home to cook and expects you to clean his entire house when he has a huge house? Of course he does, cause he knows you will be super busy so he can do his thang with his “boys.”
    Kordell chose well when he picked Porsha: young, idealistic and super naive. Time to grow up Porsha and leave this gaywad alone. Get rid of his @ss in other words, Porsha, he’s GAY!!!!

34. max Says:
    November 4th, 2013 at 12:12 pm

I wouldn’t believe one word that comes out of that BITCHES mouth.I don’t care if Kordell is Gay or not.She Is just looking for more screen time and more publisity.These women don’t realize that everybody laughs at them.As far as I’m concerened she and her friends are just a bunch of money grabbing SKANKS.Oh yeah,one more thing.Every guy will testify to this.Every time a nasty bimbo like her gets mad at a man they call him Gay.They think that is the easyest way to hurt a guy.It just shows their stupidity.Did she ever think that it might be her BIG FAT MOUTH that is turning him off.Nobody wants to have sex with an LOUD MOUTH BIMBO BITCH.

35. Denise Says:
    November 4th, 2013 at 12:22 pm

He’s gay. Please. A man doesn’t turn sex with a woman like her down more than once. He may not have wanted her, but if you watched him on the show, he tried to control her so that he WOULD want her. When really, he should have looked in the mirror and admitted his truth. I hope he doesn’t marry again and do this to another woman.

36. Allyson Says:
    November 4th, 2013 at 12:40 pm

I heard rumors that Kordell was gay LONG before Porsha came into the picture. There were massive rumors of this from as far back as the early 90′s. I mean, he just needs to come out of that closet. Live his life. Get a boyfriend. One that he can show off in public, like he did Porsha!

37. Star42 Says:
    November 4th, 2013 at 1:14 pm

Porsha, you should be ashame. Let us assume that Kordell is gay, why would you air your husbands personal life secret out like that to the public, if you love him so much? I am a happily married beautiful lady, and I would never do a thing like that. My belief is that this young woman is looking for more fortune and fame! Not only that, when she saw the first signs of controlling, why and how did she let it go that far? I recall an episode, when Porsha said to Kordell”You are not saying your controll-ing.” Why ask? A woman should know if she’s being controlled without asking. All this girl Porsha rely on is her grandfathers’legacy and without Kordell, she would not be nothing anyway. And Porsha called Kenya ashy, but Porsha needs to check her own nasty habits, she never washed the chicken before she seasoned it, and this heffa can’t make coffee, so we know she have nasty habits and there is a good reason why Kordell did not want Porsha. Porsha wants to be stuckup but she is stupid and she can’t SANG.

38. tiesha Says:
    November 4th, 2013 at 1:16 pm

PEOPLE DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE YOU CALL PORSHA A LIAR OR A BITCH!!! KORDELL HAS BEEN ACCUSED OF BEING GAY FOR YEARS, SHE DID NOT MAKE THIS UP BECAUSE HE IS DIVORCING HER!!! SHE IS RATHER STUPID FOR MARRYING HIM AFTER SHE HAD ASSUMPTIONS ABOUT HIM BEING GAY.

39. Star42 Says:
    November 4th, 2013 at 1:23 pm

Where is my comment Reality TV?

40. Star42 Says:
    November 4th, 2013 at 1:32 pm

Did Porsha or Nene see Kordell kissing or even holding a mans hand? No. Until it can be prooven, Porsha needs to stop using false accusations against him. You just can’t go putting your foot in the water, when it is too hot!

41. Star42 Says:
    November 4th, 2013 at 1:55 pm

Bob, you stated that you knew Kordell was gay because your sister was a cop and that Kordell was caught in a car having sex with another man. This was before Porsha knew or married him. Then why you never commented about it then? And maybe this young woman would not have gotten in this situation, and you may have earned yourself some fame my brother. Rumors are rumors until prooven. Porsha never said she thought Kordell was gay, until after Kordell did not want her(think about it)$$$$$$

42. Anne Hamilton Says:
    November 4th, 2013 at 4:33 pm

I believe he just want out of the marriage period,
    and that’s the only way out.

43. tim lovejoy Says:
    November 4th, 2013 at 6:32 pm

Look, her husband has spent most of his life since middle school with both his hands tucked snuggly under a man’s genitals, let’s not pretend that this couldnt have affected him.

When you have sexy athletes bend over in front of you in tight and shiny tights wearing smart shoulder pads, too much eye black day after day after day after day maybe you develop a taste for some tight ends.
    One day in high school he probably had his hands under some taint a bit too long and he felt the growing manhood that his touch had caused and discovered he enjoys celebrating his masculinity with young virile boys with rippling muscles and eager bulges who love to slap each others buts.

I have my hands on the keyboard all day and have to admit ive done some pretty nasty things because of it.
    Im sure it works the same way for QB’s.

I mean, if youre going to be a gay NFLer, it would seem a waste if you were a kicker. Youd want to be more hands on to enjoy the masculinity more.
    Look at a QB during a game and the other 5 practices and if you were gay, wouldnt that be the place to be?

Dont be homophobes, if Kordell like the C., then good for him. Its people like you that wont allow any NFL player to come out.
    Dont forget 10% of the players probably are gay (Id say its higher than the average).

Set Kordell Free!!!