Ruben Studdard Sounds Off On Biggest Loser Elimination

November 06, 2013 05:56 PM by Stephanie Gustafson

Despite his status as the heaviest contestant this season on The Biggest Loser, Ruben Studdard struggled to keep up with the impressive weight loss achievements of his competitors. As such, we weren’t all that surprised to see the American Idol alum booted from the competition last night. Still, despite his failure to capture a second reality television victory, Ruben still feels he’s a champion in his own right.

Ruben Studdard’s highly-publicized stint on The Biggest Loser has officially drawn to a close. The singer would have needed to lose an additional eleven pounds to remain in the competition after this week and, suffice to say, he came up short…again. The main culprit appears to have been a temptation challenge in which Ruben indulged far more than is ever recommended for a contestant clearly in danger of elimination.

Should Ruben Studdard have been eliminated on The Biggest Loser?

Although he dropped far less weight than we expected, Ruben Studdard did come away from the competition nearly forty pounds lighter. And hey, that’s a start! In an exclusive blog reaction for Parade, the contestant shared his plans to carry forward with the weight loss effort, adding, “I’m glad that I had the courage to come to the ranch and show the world that you’re never too far away to turn and go right.” And yes, Ruben’s disappointed in his inability to keep up with the competition on The Biggest Loser, but that won’t stop him from acknowledging all that he did accomplish. “I may not be the Biggest Loser, but I am a champion!”

Were you expecting last night’s Ruben Studdard Biggest Loser elimination? Do you think he’ll manage to drop the extra pounds now that he’s left the ranch? Sound off in the comments section below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about The Biggest Loser. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Biggest Loser.

Photo Credit: NBC

Topics: American Idol, FOX Reality TV Shows, NBC Reality TV Shows, The Biggest Loser |

12 Responses to “Ruben Studdard Sounds Off On Biggest Loser Elimination”

1. Mary Says:
    November 6th, 2013 at 6:59 pm

Everyone will be waiting to see how Ruben looks at the finale. That’s a lot of pressure. I really hope he is able to trim down. He is in such poor health as of the end of his stay at the ranch! Good luck Ruben, I’m rooting for you!

2. Betty Says:
    November 6th, 2013 at 8:09 pm

I was really sad to see Reuben leave. I hope and pray he has the support he needs to get healthy. He is a sweetheart

3. Verna Says:
    November 6th, 2013 at 8:29 pm

i have confidence in ruben he will be at the finale looking like a hundred bucks i am still rooting for him even though he isn’t on the show anymore you go ruben we are backing you

4. Marcellia Says:
    November 6th, 2013 at 9:03 pm

I didn’t think that the trainer should have used the save so fast. If Ruben was the heaviest, common sense would be to use it for those who really need it, the heavies on the show. I wish Ruben all the luck. You lost 100 pounds before and I know you can stick with it and make us proud! I want you to do it keeping yourself healthy also. You inspired me to really exercise and start eating right.

5. Wendy Says:
    November 7th, 2013 at 6:03 am

Not that surprised. Ruben never let his guard down, seemed to always be protecting his “image.” For a 400+ pounder to lose so few pounds shows he wasn’t as dye-hard serious as other previous 400+ contenders on the show who would consistently lose 10-15 pounds a week or more, especially in the first few weeks. I think Ruben was glad to get back to his music and camp kids–won’t say he sabotaged, but his mind wasn’t fully committed.

6. May Says:
    November 7th, 2013 at 6:52 am

Ruben you will do because you can.no need to watch the show until the end.

7. Happy Says:
    November 7th, 2013 at 7:24 am

He’s doomed, He’s named after a sandwich for cryin out lout…

8. Albert Says:
    November 7th, 2013 at 8:49 am

Some advice for Ruben from personal experience. I once weighed 303 lbs, I am a type 1 diabetic with a stent in an artery in my heart and in August of 2012, I suffered from two strokes within hours of each other after having suffered my first stroke three years prior. I felt like I was going to die and I came to the conclusion, upon leaving the hospital that either I was going to die or start living. By the grace of Elohim, I went on a 100% raw vegan lifestyle (not diet); nothing cooked, all vegetables (especially greens), fruits, raw nuts and seeds. No wheat or animal products at all. You wouldn’t believe all of the delicious recipies that you can put together with delicious and super healthy and healing raw vegan foods, and you can “pig out” and eat as much as you want to and not gain any weight at all. It’s awesome! After more than a year now of this lifestyle, along with intestinal cleansing every two days (1/2 gallon enema), I am feeling better than I can ever remember. I weigh only 137 lbs. now and all of my cholesteral, triglycderide and other blood test have all improved to the point that I am in the normal range. Sometimes, I crave the old food from the Standard American Diet (SAD), but when I think about how great I feel, finally being a normal healthy person, for once in my life, it just isn’t worth it to go back to what has ruined my heath over the years. When I tell people today about my strokes and my previous weight, they are usually shocked and blown away that based on how healthy I look now, they can’t believe that I didn’t always look this way all of my life.

9. Terry Says:
    November 7th, 2013 at 9:45 am

Ruben I am sure that you can do anything that you set your mind too. Sorry to see you go so early in the game. You could have been saved but the trainers just did not decide in your favor. I will not watch again until the season finale. Look forward to seeing you and wish you the very best.

10. Sara Says:
    November 7th, 2013 at 10:42 am

Ruben we are proud of you. Great effort…some people don’t understand how hard it is to get going and keep going. I pray that you will keep up the good work. We love you and are rooting for you. I watched the show this season only to see you. Good luck!

11. JD Says:
    November 7th, 2013 at 11:51 am

Rubenwasn’t adhereing to the diet more than likely. You cn work out as hard as you want, but if you are polishing off a dozen donuts behind the scenes every day you can’t lose the weight!

12. Sonje Says:
    November 7th, 2013 at 12:30 pm

It is REALLY hard to change your eating habits and incorporate exercise into your daily routine. I wish I was able to participate in a program like this in order to get me in the right mind set and have a support team around me. I really do not appreciate those that have posted negative comments about Ruben or any of the people on this show. Being overweight is a disease and it can result in your whole body shutting down. For them to suffer the humiliation to go on national television and admit they have a problem is awesome! I commend him and hope that he will have the support system to continue in this new lifestyle for the sake of his health.

Comments