Ruben Studdard Exits The Biggest Loser: Worst Trainer Mistake Ever?

November 07, 2013 07:13 AM by Lisa Princ

Ruben Studdard shocked us all this week on The Biggest Loser, when a five pound weight loss for the week led to his elimination. However, the American Idol season two winner’s trainer, Dolvett Quince looked surprised as well, or was he wondering if he just made the biggest mistake ever? Hmm…

It was definitely sad to watch as Ruben Studdard took the scale this week on The Biggest Loser and only lost five pounds, but did he really deserve to go home so early in the game? Studdard was the heaviest contestant on the ranch this season, and he has admitted time after time that he struggles to lose weight on his own. But what was even sadder was that Dolvett Quince used his trainer save the week prior on Studdard’s teammate, Tanya Winfield, who also had 2 awful weigh in’s in a row. Coincidentally, Winfield admitted that she has a huge crush on Quince, so we’re wondering if that came into play when he chose to save her?

Whatever Dolvett’s reason (because honestly, Tanya has not been working as hard as some of the other contestants), Ruben was sent packing due that decision. I mean, we’re sure if Dolvett still had the save at the time, that he would have used it on Studdard. Studdard left the show thankful that he got the chance to even be there, and he vowed to show us a changed man at the finale in December. “My goal coming to ‘The Biggest Loser’ ranch was to leave here a changed person. I think I reached that goal,” Ruben concluded.

However, we’re still wondering if Dolvett Quince made the worst trainer mistake ever?

What do you think about Ruben Studdard’s elimination? Did Dolvett make a big mistake? We know you have an opinion and we want to hear it! Sound off in the comments section and let us know!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook!. Click here for more information about The Biggest Loser. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Biggest Loser.

Photo Courtesy of NBC

Topics: American Idol, FOX Reality TV Shows, NBC Reality TV Shows, The Biggest Loser |

10 Responses to “Ruben Studdard Exits The Biggest Loser: Worst Trainer Mistake Ever?”

1. Joan Says:
    November 7th, 2013 at 7:52 am

You cannot know week to week who is going to wind up under that red line. I do not think Dolvett made a mistake in saving Tanya. I would have been disappointed if he had not done so. She deserved to be saved and he knows who is working hard and who is not, I think better than this writer does. It is very sad that Rueben lost the weigh in but he will continue to get support from The Biggest Loser and will have a chance to come back later in the season, so let’s see how he does on his own. You have to leave sooner or later and I think he will work hard on his own and lose the weight. He does not have a lot of the difficulties that other contestants have when they go home. By that I mean he does not hold down a 9 to 5 job, he does not have a family and children that he has to support and spend a lot of time with, etc. He should be able to work out as many hours as he wants to without the pressures and responsibilities that most of us have. And with the knowledge he now has, he should be able to do this on his own. We will all miss seeing his progress week to week, but this is not Dolvett’s doing.

2. Jacs Says:
    November 7th, 2013 at 8:11 am

It would be nice if the show didn’t have eliminations period. This is about getting healthy and you go through ups and downs. I would like to see that changed and maybe they are not in the running to win the money. Maybe have a different levels but, bottom line they need to continue to stay there and lose with their help.

3. Carolina Says:
    November 7th, 2013 at 8:20 am

Ruben did not deserve to go home. They should call him back. That would make the show a lot more interesting also. Call him back, call him back, call him back.

4. Terri Says:
    November 7th, 2013 at 8:38 am

I am so unhappy with the decision to eliminate Ruben from the competition this week. He has worked hard and really needs to be there, especially because of health reasons. Tanya, on the other hand had 2 bad weigh ins and in my opinion should have been eliminated. This was the worst decision made ever and Im not sure if I’ll ever watch the show again. So Unfair!

5. Ruth Says:
    November 7th, 2013 at 8:59 am

he should have worked harder and not rely on a save or his celebrity status. Tanya let her guard down or another way I can say it is she let go of her ego. Studdard still crows a bit too much.

6. James Says:
    November 7th, 2013 at 9:21 am

I Feel terrible for Ruben, Because it is Vital he lose weight, he is so young and Talented, this show should be Cast off the air Period, Very Bad Example for our Society.

7. natasha green Says:
    November 7th, 2013 at 11:58 am

Bring Back Ruben on the Biggest Loser

8. Peggy Hogerton Says:
    November 8th, 2013 at 12:09 pm

I have been a Ruben fan, for ever, I’m White, 76yrs old, ( PLEASE BRING RUBEN BACK}
    Good Luck Ruben

9. Peggy Says:
    November 8th, 2013 at 2:02 pm

I have been a Ruben Fan From the start, Voted for Him, I’m 76yrs old, an old white woman, a grandma , and greatgrandma too.

( BRING RUBEN BACK)