November 11, 2013 08:17 AM by Stephanie Gustafson

Kandi Burruss is fiercely determined to marry love of her life Todd Tucker, but she keeps running up against obstacles. Namely, disapproval from, well, everyone. The latest Real Housewives of Atlanta personality to join the Todd Tucker haters? Kandi’s very own mother.

Last night, on the Real Housewives of Atlanta, Kandi Burruss faced still more disapproval surrounding her engagement to Todd Tucker. This time, the culprit was Kandi’s mother, better known as Mama Joyce. Voicing her clear ambivalence about the upcoming wedding, the Real Housewives mom admitted, “I’m still not sold on the groom yet…He ain’t givin’ you a dime. He’s sleepin, eatin’ on you…I don’t want you to be able to choke on a chicken bone, and he come over and tell me I got to get out.”

The argument culminated in Mama Joyce dissing Kandi’s engagement ring, causing the bride-to-be to burst into tears. A very upset Kandi later explained that Todd was only one of several men her cantankerous mama had attempted to scare away. “My mother doesn’t like anybody I date.”

Mama Joyce objected to this description of her boyfriend (and fiance) hating ways, admitting that the real problem was that Kandi never really got to know Todd. The worried mom told her daughter of her suspicions, explaining that a whole new (and far less likable) Todd Tucker would emerge in the aftermath of the wedding. Thus, in upsetting Kandi, Mama Joyce is merely trying to spare her from the pain of a future divorce.

Do you agree with Mama Joyce’s impression of Kandi Burruss’ fiance Todd Tucker? Feel free to share your opinion in the comments section below!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about The Real Housewives of Atlanta. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Real Housewives of Atlanta.

Photo Credit: Bravo

Topics: Bravo Reality TV Shows, The Real Housewives Of Atlanta |

14 Responses to “The Real Housewives Of Atlanta: Kandi Burruss’ Mom Does Not Approve Of Todd Tucker”

1. KAH Says:
    November 12th, 2013 at 9:24 am

To me, Mama Joyce said what she really feels… She doesn’t want Kandi to be unable to take care of her in the long run. I think she needs to just step back and let Kandi make her own decisions. Todd does a good job so not sure what Mama J’s issue is. And dissing the ring was just disrespectful and hurtful.

2. Renee Says:
    November 18th, 2013 at 8:39 pm

As difficult it may be especially for an adult child to understand a good mother is gifted with the ability to discern the intent of others as it pertains to their child no matter how young or old they may be. Mama said there will be days like this. Mama knows best in this situation.

3. Leslie Says:
    November 21st, 2013 at 9:41 pm

4. Leslie Says:
    November 21st, 2013 at 9:42 pm

Kandi is like a little lost, she has been around the block many of many times (Jermaine Dupri yikes for a record deal) Where was Mama Joyce when Kandi was running around all those corners . . . In my OP she a Stank . . . I cant downplay Todd cause Kandi is the player . ..

5. lady_hou Says:
    November 22nd, 2013 at 6:21 am

Mama Joyce is more worried about herself being taken care of. Maybe if she had little more going on in her life she could stay out of Kandi’s. A man of her own might help.

6. stephanie Says:
    November 25th, 2013 at 10:41 pm

Why not let her make her mistakes and learn from them. What does her mother know. Isn’t she divorced from Kandi’s father. Don’t let her life reflect to Kandi’s. She needs to let her daughter live her life.

7. Theresa Says:
    November 29th, 2013 at 5:35 am

Both sides have a point. No matter how old you get, Mama is always going to want to protect her baby, even if she is a millionaire entrepreneur doing it for herself. I guess you have to give her a pass especially because she’s speaking from experience. Parents of adult children also have to understand that their experiences don’t necessarily have to be repeated in their children’s lives. And even they do, they are adults and have to fight their own battles.

8. Gwen Glenn Says:
    December 2nd, 2013 at 12:26 am

Mama Joyce is worried not about being taken care of; but the pain she does not want her child to go through. Mama Joyce will be taken care of regardless. Why is he already unsure he will sign a prenup? I believe Kandi has already given away her home to mom and signed for this home with Todd; with that he should no she is a fair lady. I am sorry he had a job when he met her and why do many men lose there jobs after the met a good lady. Kandi open heart and loyal character is an attraction for any predator

9. debbie Says:
    December 5th, 2013 at 2:26 pm

Ms Joyce need to let Kandi go and let her live her love life. I don’t understand why Kandi give her mother so much control of her love life. It seem that Kandi can’t stand up to her mother when it come to her love life. You are a grown women and your mother should respect any decision that you make and not make trouble, If she really love you and care, she would stand by you and catch you if you fall.

10. mzj Says:
    December 6th, 2013 at 2:53 am

Todd quit his job because of Bravo about employees having relationship. He won’t sign no pre-nup red flag I say. I think mama joyce upset because Kandi was made a fool of with AJ being murdered over a another woman while she was engaged to him. But they got that house together might as well get married.

11. joey Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 1:47 am

I watched candy on Watch what happens LIVE, with fantasia.

she got really emotional, about her mom. its really sad that even her aunts agreed with her mom, that they do not want this young woman to get married or to have love. In her life,, it is really sad that you want to share this special moment with your family , and they are not happy for you. I just hope that Khandi prays on this to have peace of mind with it. I know she is use to her mom acting like this.. I do believe that when we find love and a man who wants to share there lives with us. Our families should show as much support as they can.Plus with her mom putting this young man down, I wonder if something is going to happen to this young man Mama joyce needs to support her daughter whether she will be wrong or RIght, just be there for her. bottom line.

12. connie Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 8:45 am

Mama Joyce is only worried that some man may come along and get Kandi’s money and then she will not have any. It is all about the money!!! (GREED) If i was Todd, I would not marry Kandi.

13. Take Country Back Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 11:58 am

Mama Joyce is worried about herself being KEPT at the level SHE has become accustomed to.
    She is never supportive of Kandi with her love life but I’ll betcha Kandi is VERY supportive of Mama Joyce.

14. DeeDee Says:
    December 21st, 2013 at 5:46 pm

Hey Kandi-girl, Your Momma’s concerns are due to fear about her own financial security. Easy fix on this one. Just set up a trust for her, that can never be touched. Then, she can relax enough to be more open to you and Todd. If she’s not happy with this solution, then you know whose really got their eye on your wallet! Don’t throw away a chance for love, based on other people’s selfish motives. I was horrified to hear Don Juan’s comments about his concerns about Todd affecting his checks… You are so sweet and generous. Be sure to take care of yourself, too! <3

Comments