Kandi Burruss Gets Emotional Over People Hating On Mama Joyce

December 09, 2013 11:00 AM by Suzy Kerr

The drama has been going strong all season for Real Housewives of Atlanta star Kandi Burruss, who’s engagement to Todd Tucker is causing tons of angst for Mama Joyce. During last night’s episode, everything came to a head while Kandi was trying on wedding dresses, and things nearly got out of control. But even after a near-fight at the bridal shop between Joyce and Carmon, Kandi is still very much on Team Joyce, and she let everyone know it during an emotional segment on Watch What Happens Live.

During the show, Andy Cohen told Kandi about some of the concerns that people have regarding Joyce’s behavior, and that Kandi seems content to just let her mom do whatever – even if it means living off her daughter’s wealth and engaging in public meltdowns. This clearly didn’t set well with Kandi, who jumped to Joyce’s defense, saying, “As her daughter, it’s my job to make sure the she’s good. She made sure that I was good growing up, I’m gonna make sure that she’s good.”She also said that she DOES stand up to her mom, even when it comes to her relationship with Todd. “I don’t care if she doesn’t like my relationship. That’s my mom,” Kandi said, beginning to get emotional.“I don’t care what y’all have to say. That’s my mama….she can have whatever she wants, ‘cause that’s my mama.” W-O-W. I’m pretty sure the entire audience threw up a little at that one.

That tearful statement certainly makes it clear who the most important person in Kandi’s life is, but where does that leave Todd? After Joyce’s bridal shop meltdown, the Real Housewives of Atlanta star’s aunts also confessed that they didn’t think she should marry Todd, and Todd has also mentioned a time or two that he’d be A-OK with his future wife occasionally taking a stand against her mom.But really, what are the chances of that happening? I’m guessing slim to none.

So what do you think is going to happen next for the world’s least harmonious trio? Will Kandi Burruss ever stand up to Mama Joyce? Will the wedding go on as planned? Tell us in the comments!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! Click here for more information about The Real Housewives of Atlanta. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Real Housewives of Atlanta.

Photo Credit: E!

Topics: Bravo Reality TV Shows, The Real Housewives Of Atlanta |

89 Responses to “Kandi Burruss Gets Emotional Over People Hating On Mama Joyce”

1. LILLY Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 12:29 pm

we all see what enabling look like,kandi.

2. Delphine Sawyer Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 3:20 pm

Kandi needs to take off the blinders and really look at her mom. I’m 77 yrs old and all I see is an evil woman who would be content to see her daughter as a single woman for the rest of her life. I’m afraid you don’t have to be a rocket scientist to see this. I really like Kandi and am sad that this is happening to her. She needs to sit mom down and let her know that she is over-stepping her bounds. Thank you

3. Lucy Wolphat Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 3:20 pm

I am sorry Candi, but, your mother isn’t looking out for you, she’s looking out for herself. I think she is mentally ill and you aren’t far behind her. Any grown woma who would let her other go as far as Joyca has gone is seriously disturbed. I pity you and if I were Todd, I’d run like hell was right around the corner and if he continues to see Candi it will be…she has ruined everything for her won daughter…she akes e sick and is nothing but a selfish _itch…You daughter has a chance to have a real family…and you are so sick all you care about is getting your moms approval…Grow the hell up…and get away from that crazy Joyce. y mo would never hurt me like that, not ever. She loves me and took care of three kids alone, but, never expected unlike your mother anything in return.

4. Lucy Wolphat Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 3:21 pm

I am sorry Candi, but, your mother isn’t looking out for you, she’s looking out for herself. I think she is mentally ill and you aren’t far behind her. Any grown woma who would let her other go as far as Joyca has gone is seriously disturbed. I pity you and if I were Todd, I’d run like hell was right around the corner and if he continues to see Candi it will be…she has ruined everything for her won daughter…she akes e sick and is nothing but a selfish _itch…You daughter has a chance to have a real family…and you are so sick all you care about is getting your moms approval…Grow the hell up…and get away from that crazy Joyce. my mom would never hurt me like that, not ever. She loves me and took care of three kids alone, but, never expected unlike your mother anything in return.

5. Marcia Pa Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 3:24 pm

If Kandi can’t stand up to her mom, it will be difficult to standup to her husband…maybe Mama Joyce knows that. What an unhealthy parent-adult child relationship! Run Todd..run.

6. Michele Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 3:38 pm

Kandi may not “stand up” to her mom when it comes to Todd, but she doesn’t give in to her either. The fact that she’s still getting married tells you that. Kandi lets her mom says what she wants to say out of respect (she’s not going to disrespect her mom by going off on her). But she’s following her heart and doing what she feels right, in regards to the wedding. Everyones relationship with there parents are different. Just like people don’t think she should be judging and expressing her feelings about Todd,no one has the right(especially outsiders) to judge her relationship with her mom. People only see what’s edited into the program to make for an exciting show. No one sees what winds up on the editing room floor.

7. LaLa Williams Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 3:39 pm

Kandi is taking care of her mother just like most people do who make it big/were raised by a single mother & as nice as Kandi is I’m sure she insisted her mother retire. Momma Joyce’s approach is wrong but Kandi obviously has a poor choice in men/friends so her mom has a right to be concerned, especially when she’s jumping to engagements/moving men in so fast.

The last guy had SIX kids with four women and in his own words people weren’t happy about them being engaged because he had “just got out a marriage” aka he was probably messing with Kandi when he was married. Kandi was helping him raise his kids & since he had no real job, who do you think was paying? Todds girlfriend put him on blast about leaving her for Kandi (I see a pattern here), Kim treated her like crap & she assumed that was her friend, she doesn’t consider her taking care of men as tricking since she got it, so I’d say her mom has reason to be concerned about her gullible child. Joyce needs to handle it better but Kandi has issues that sadly no one can fix but Kandi

8. Michele Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 3:41 pm

Drama makes for good television. No one sees what ends up on the cutting room floor.

9. Penelope Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 3:48 pm

Kandi is missing the point. People would not have dissed her mom if she had addressed her moms disrespect in the beginning. It should have never gotten to what happen in that bridal shop. It’s amazing how a person can be so intelligent business wise but haven’t the faintest clue in their personal life. Your man is telling you AND you see he is being direspected and yet you say nothing?? wow.

10. gsandie1 Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 3:48 pm

Kandi darling, you need to gently sit Mama Joyce down and let her know that there is enough space in your heart and your bank account for all you invite into your life.You seem to be blessed with kindness and genrosity and your mama just is not on the same page so explain to her your deep need to be yourself and that she should relac and enjoy the ride.

11. chelly Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 3:48 pm

Yes run todd run I think if joyce had stayed out of kandi and AJ’s life AJ would bealive.

12. Renee Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 3:49 pm

kandi, I think you should get your mother off that show.She is acting like NeNe did a couple of years ago. It’s not a good look for someones mother to stoop to the levels that your mother do to stay in your business. To be as savy of a business women as you are I can’t beleive that you can’t sit down with your mother and establish some boundaries. She (your mother) needs to get a life. Kandi where is your backbone. You don’t have to be disrespectful just direct. You will never get a man at this rate. Life is too short for you to always care so much about what your mother think at this point in your life. And I hope this is scripted behavior.

13. mztmatt Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 3:50 pm

Kandi was always the “voice of reason” onRHOA
    I am so surprised at her, she can tell her mom she wants her support without disrespecting her.
    She is a wealthy successful business woman without the help of Mama Joyce so I’m sure she knows how to protect herself financially if Todd didn’t have good intentions. Mama Joyce doesn’t want ANYBODY too close to her daughter for fear a husband will have input about how Kandi provides for her. (selfish) Todd doesn’t seem to mind what she does for her mom he just wants Kandi to make her mom respect him. KANDI SUCK IT UP PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL BEDROOM KANDI PANTIES ON CHECK MAMA RESPCTFULLY !!

14. tiniquie m Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 3:54 pm

to tell you the truth kandi let your mother go….if you keep on you’re going to be single for the rest of your life.let her go….stop all that whining,crying put your foot down and tell her your mother……bye bye..and as far as your friend girl let her go and fire her too.i think she do want todd.too stupid to believe…open up your eyes sweetie

15. Peaches Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 4:02 pm

Kandi’s mom is just an evil ugly ass old ass woman, hating on anything that looks remotely like it will work for Kandi, Kandi better learn to stand up for herself or her mother will run her life as long as she lets her,
    Evil ass old woman!!!!!

16. jules Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 4:04 pm

I’m all for defending your mom but when mom crosses the line, you have to speak up. That’s what a real mother daughter relationship is about.

17. teetem Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 4:07 pm

Kandi’s mother was OK with Kandi’s fiance’ at first – but somewhere along the line she started thinking that by Kandi having a man in her life, would mean less financial support for Mama from Kandi. I applaud Kandi’s desire to make sure her mother is taken care of – but to allow Mama to trash talk any and all people who get close to Kandi, and to poison others (the aunts or whoever they were who were at the wedding dress shop) against Kandi’s fiance’ is just wrong. I agree with the person who said she thinks Kandi’s mom is mentally disturbed… and if Kandi wants to do what’s best for her mother, she’ll get her some professional help. Also, she needs to be kept off the show – she apparently likes getting a lot of screen time.

18. BARBARA Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 4:10 pm

KANDI,GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.I LOVE MY MAMA VERY MUCH AND RESPECT HER SHE RAISED 6 CHILDREN ALONE AND ALL OF US HELP HER OUT MONTHLY WITHOUT FAIL, AND I HOPE IN HER LIFE TIME SHE WOULD NEVER TREAT ANY OF US THE WAY YOUR MOTHER TREAT U,I THINK MOST MOTHER WANTS TO SEE THEIR CHILDREN HAPPY AND TREATED WELL BY THEIR MATE WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR MOTHER’S INTENTIONS ARE FOR YOU? WHAT DOES HER BEHAVIOR TEACH YOUR DAUGHTER? MAY GOD YOU U GRACE AND PEACE IN YOUR LIFE….

19. Tammie Thomas Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 4:16 pm

Kandi, Kandi, Kandi! You are so sad!! You almost your last man behind your Mama’s messiness, now you doing it again!! I’d understand her concern for your well being if he was beatin’ your tail but I don’t think that is the case — is it? No! She’s scared she’s going to lose her meal ticket and that’s all. The Bible says to leave your parents and cleave unto thy husband… I hope you can do that if y’all get married because if not you’ll be in a world of pain and all alone.

20. B Rogers Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 4:16 pm

Kandi, it really hurts to see you in this emotional roller-coaster. It was tough watching last weeks episode with your Mom and Todd sitting at the dinner table, and it was even more painful to watch this last episode with your Mom and her reaction to your assistant/friend. Kandi, I really believe your Mom has over stepped her bounds, and I believe you should really sit down and discuss this with her (no Todd present) if you really want Todd to eventually be your husband. If you feel like your Mom’s feelings have some truth, then you should heed her words and allow Todd move on, or fight for you if he really wants you as his wife. If I was Todd, I would have my own and not put make it appear that he is living off of your success. Because I think what disturbed me last week most about that episode was his not being able to know “what was fair” financially for him if you two went through a divorced after one/two years.. Come on, any normal person would understand that the answer to that question would be “Nada, nothing.” He should welcome a prenuptial agree, because if he is truly the hard working husband you want, he would not want anything from a Self-made, Successful, Beautiful Queen, as your are. He would want nothing but your love, and if that somehow faded or wavered then he would not hold you to a payout. Simply ridiculous, and my heart hurts for you because you really have some tough choices to make.. These choices will alter your future no doubt. I pain for you.

21. Marva Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 4:25 pm

I’m sorry, but your mom will always be your mom. But like Todd said, you are about to lose a good man over your mom controlling your every move. Now, if she knows something we don’t know, that would be something different….and if your mom is acting that way because of your mom…Well that’s a bit to much, IF YOU AND TODD ARE IN LOVE, THERE SHOULD BE NO AMOUNT OF MONEY THAT KEEP YOU TWO APART….NO EVEN MAMA!! Kandi, there is a way to talk to your mom without disrespecting her, but clearly your mom is going a bit to much into your business….(Like step back mom I got this) Your mom is to much in your pockets…is she afraid you’re gonna cut her off? FOLLOW YOUR HEART, NOTHING ELSE WILL MATTER!

PRAYING FOR YOU GUYS
    TEAM KANDI & TODD

22. CRoberts Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Dysfunctional on every level. If you’re wealthy, why on Earth and Mars would you on to present this circus act (your mom the clown) on t.v. I guess money does walk, and b.s. does not. There is no amount worth it. I believe, because my parents taught me and it is one of the Ten Commandments, “Honor Thy Mother and Father…”, by all do that, but you are grown, not a child you deserve respect too. You said your mother took care of you growing up, my dear, she was suppose to, as the old saying goes, “You didn’t ask to come here.” If she expects continued payment for that, she is a self-absorbing, selfish, non-compassionate human being. You are a fully grown woman, as is she, when do you act that part. She is an old greedy, selfish, “bring a bone, and carry-a-bone” woman. Can she provide your needs? My advice to Todd is to run as fast as he can. Even if you and Todd marry, you would not be able to live your lives in peace… Joyce would be in the middle. Move cross country, maybe even better across the ocean and live your life woman.

23. GlenKaye Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Hi Candy….Honey…there comes a time in our lives when we have to step away from the Moms and the Dads..and be our own person…Its great you want to take care of her and give her a nice life…But GIRL..you have a life to live too…and the ways its going, you are going to be all alone…with just your Mom…take a step back…look at it from the long view…Her attitude is not that of a normal Mom..we want our kids to have a happy, life..a good man or woman ..She should not be preaching to you…because its what she wants…she is not taking care of you and your needs…Just says…..!
    s

24. Vera Robinson Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 4:32 pm

Kandi, I agree with you. Your Mother loves you and she wants the best for you. I am 54 years old and I wish I had my Mother here today to give me that Mother’s “wisdom.” I remember a relationship I had in the past and she tried to tell me that the man was going to end up hurting me. I didn’t listen and guess what, every word she had said down to his family came true. I stand with you Kandi.

25. belinda spence Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 4:32 pm

Joyce wants Kandi to herself. She did not like the other boyfriend (he died about 5 years ago), now she does not like this one. By the way what happen to her daughter?

26. Gwen A Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 4:33 pm

Candi, Everyone is not hating on your mother. I don’t. I had a mother like that, and when she said something about any man I were with, nine out of ten it was true. Sometimes you have to listen to what a mother have to say and keep your eyes and ears opened, and watch. The truth will come out. I may be wrong but, Mom’s may be right. That girl did not show any respect for your mother, she should have gotten up and left. No one should ever make you choose between them and your mother, she brought you in this world, and had your back every step of the way. How is mom Joyce looking out for herself? We are spectators and do not know the real truth of the manner. Candi if you love him, then marry him. But get that per-nuptial. Please people Candi’s mother is not a bit@#, you would not like it if someone called your mother a Bit@#. I hope things come together in harmony and everyone will get and be on the same page. I will leave with this question…Suppose Todd and Candi’s friend is messing around, how would people feel then? You have my Blessing Kandi.

27. Amanda Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 4:34 pm

Momma Joyce is getto and will NEVER let any man come between her and Kandi’s money.

28. Rita B. Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 4:35 pm

I agree with the comments above. Kandi you allow your Mother to continue to treat you like a child (her little girl) you are not a child, you are a grown WOMAN and should cut the apron strings. Your Mom is enjoying YOUR Money and she should but at some point she should be happy for you, even if she don’t like the choices you make, they are yours to make. I think your Mom don’t want people close to you because she thinks that will take away the money for her. Who wants a grown ass women who can’t put her Mother in her place, your Mom is out of control and of course the Aunts would agree with her she’s giving them a cut of your Money all they have to do is agree. Those Women were WRONG to show their ass on what was suppose to be a day for you. That should tell you right there what your Mother is all about. Kandi you will never be happy if you keep allowing your Mother to disrespect you this way. NO ONE will ever be good in her eyes.

29. Wendell Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 4:41 pm

When will Kandi wake up. she is grown and mama needs to back off. the woman is too controlling and if kandi doesn’t put her in her place,she’ll never be happy until her mama is gone.

30. RHOA Fan Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 4:43 pm

I understand what Kandi means when she says her mother can have whatever she wants. It’s her mother and Kandi has the means to be able to take care of her financially..so I get that part. Kandi may feel that it would be disrespectful for her to stand up to her mother. However, she can and needs to take a stand while still remaining respectful. It appears Mama Joyce is going to have a problem with ANY man that comes into Kandi’s life. Kandi you are a GROWN almost 40 year old woman that doesn’t need her mother’s permission to do anything. You have to live your life for you and your daughter and do what makes you happy. You are already taking care of your Mom financially what more does she want! I honestly think Mama Joyce is lonely and bitter and would be very content with her daughter ending up the same way. Last night’s theatrics was utterly ridiculous! I literally sat looking on in shock at this woman that has to be at least 60 take her shoes off in a public place to brawl with someone half her age. Then her two side kicks told a bold faced lie saying Carmen stood up as if she was going to attack Mama Joyce….really? You all are entirely too OLD for that foolishness. Maybe Mama Joyce was drunk again….because something was definitely off with her during last week’s dinner with Todd. Kandi don’t miss out on a good man because of Mama Joyce!

31. DH Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 4:48 pm

Kandi doesn’t realize that SHE is the problem, because she will NOT STAND UP to her own mother. I understand that her mother raised her up, and, in return Kandi is looking after her mother, BUT, her mother is MEDDLING TOO MUCH in Kandi’s personal business. This is supposed to be a very happy time for Kandi, and her mother is ruining it. Kandi’s mother is MORE WORRIED about Kandi’s MONEY than she is with Kandi’s HAPPINESS. MAMMA JOYCE needs to join a volunteer service to keep herself occupied. If Mama Joyce continues to ruin Kandi’s happiness, Kandi needs to just elope with Todd, and later have a small wedding ceremony. Kandi is on the verge of LOSING a GOOD MAN, if she doesn’t straighten out her mother’s mean spirited behavior.

32. Denise Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 4:51 pm

Kandi, your Mom is looking out for you because she is truly in comtrol of your life. However, as a Mom even we have to let go sometimes. Being a Mom does not give us the right to direct your life choices for the rest of your life. She raised you to be a great business woman so you are a strong Black woman. She has to trust that she has instilled the values that you will need to make valid and sound personal decisions as well as business ones. You need to gently reassure her that you can. If she is not feeling confident of that she will never feel that she can let go. Perhaps you all should seek counseling.

33. Audrey Harvey Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 4:52 pm

Kandi we all understand you want to please your mama. Trust and believe your mother will never sanction any relationship you have. You are a grown woman now not a child. Stop actting like a child when it comes to your mother. You act like an adult when you are dealing with business and you are a smart business woman. Your mother did what she was suppose to do as a parent when you were growing up. You have rewarded her for taking care of you. Now move on and do you. You do not repay people forever.

34. Jean B Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 4:54 pm

I watched the last episode with my jaw hanging open in awe, that Kandi would allow her mother to speak to her soon to be husband that way. As I see it, Mama Joyce, has the house she always wanted given to her, she is cared for by Kandi, and all she is concerned with is whether Todd would someday make her move out of that home. everyone around Kandi including her manager is more concerned about their paychecks being tampered with by Todd, than whether he is the right man for her, or even if she is happy and is comfortable marrying Todd. Mama Joyce doesn’t have to live with him, so Kandi, you can stand up to your mother, with respect, and assertiveness rather than aggressiveness, and lay down some boundaries. only Kandi can make such changes happen. it’s like her mother is a 3 yr old having a massive tantrum, and it’s really difficult to watch. Mama Joyce used to be one of my favorites, now I cant stand her. just money hungry. sorry Kandi, but objectively , that’s how it looks to the rest of us. God Bless!

35. TeZoey Brown Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 4:55 pm

Everyone can voice their opinions on what we are actually shown. We watch an hour reality show, but these clips can be taken from 2 weeks of filming to do what!? Just what some are doing, judging to boost ratings. I feel Momma Joyce became over protective after the death of Kandi’s brother. The family dealt with their issues the in their own way. I guess Kandi stepped up to be there for her Mother during their grieving process and purchased gifts and material things to cover the pain of losing a loved one. I am not happy about Momma Joyce trying to result in violence, but it is easy to judge another person from the outside. Walk in someone else’s shoes that has 2 children and lose one. These reality shows will turn Mothers against daughters and so on……

36. martha Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 4:56 pm

37. martha weaver Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 4:59 pm

I think momma Joyce is more concerned about where her money will come from if Kandi gets married. I think she is just making up lies about Todd to try and keep Kandi to herself. She needs to keep her mean, hateful opinions to herself and let Kandi have a life and be happy. She seems to have went off the deep end. And her aunts sit there and lied about what happened at the bridal shop. Momma Joyce started the entire thing. If I were Todd I would be gone tomorrow.

38. Heather Chitownn Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 5:01 pm

If Kandi ever wants to have the love of a good man, she is going to have to check her mother. And her mother needs to know that you can’t raise grown folks. If she continues to let her mother behave like that, no man is going to want to deal with that drama. So Kandi be prepared to be a lonley woman. So sad.

39. Barbara Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 5:02 pm

Joyce is very jealous of her daughter and is trying to control her life! No one will ever be good enough for Kandiin joyce’s opinion.
    Everyone should back off because where joyce and kandi is concerned blood is thicker than water!
    She is a Mama’s girl..And can;t really see that her mom is quite enviuis of her.

40. Gigi Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 5:06 pm

Candi,

I feel so bad for you being in this situation. You must understand that you really owe your mother nothing, you didn’t ask to be born and its great that she took good care of you, but that does not obligate you for the rest of your life to allow her to run your life. I am also a woman who grew up without my father, and I am grateful for the sacrifices my mom made for me, but she did it as a parent, and you don’t have to forfeit your happiness to show her gratitude. Live your life and be a model for your daughter, of a woman being true to herself, and living on her own terms.

41. Hunny Bunny Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 5:21 pm

Does Todd have any women in his life that will stand up to Momma Joyce? Todd, get them girls together and have them stand up to Joyce about what a good person you are and will be to your new wife and daughter. Kandi, you show more of being a woman in charge of your life than your Mother. Sometimes Mothers need to stay out of grown folks business. Find your mother a date. Oops, after the last episode, no man would want a woman like her. Sorry to feel this way–you deserve to be happy! You’ve worked hard.

42. Shatzi Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 5:22 pm

Kandi, your mother is not old, what is she in her late 40′s or 50′s. She should be working and have her own job. She is not diabled, not elderly, what the hell is wrong with you? Your mother was going to beat up your friend? Nobody should marry you Kandi because your MAMA is going to run your life and your daughters until she dies. That means you won’t ever marry again and you won’t have anymore children. Thanks MAMA!

43. C.Lassiter Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 5:24 pm

My message to Kandi is that while I do know how important your relationship is with your mother, it should also be important, and priority to find happiness within your own personal life. Loving your mother and setting boundaries with your mother are two separate things. I am an only child so I do know what it feels like to not want to let your mother down and have her back; because at the end of the day, she is all that you have. With that being said, it is her choice to live a life like that, do not make it yours!

44. Von Coleman Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 5:26 pm

Sorry Kandi, I understand loving your Mom, I loved my to death, no matter WHAT she did. But, my Mother would have NEVER acted the fool your Mom did. She seems to be more concerned about HER happiness and controlling your life than you being happy. A good Mom wants not only what is best for her child, but knows when to stand back and let her live her life, mistakes and all. Just be there when you’re needed. STOP Ms Joyce, you are looking like the golddigger you’re accusing Todd of being

45. T.Cheri Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 5:33 pm

Kandi, my heart goes out to you. I saw you upset but however, you need to seperate from your Mom. Just because someone is a parent it does not make them right. It is like Kandi feels in debt to her Mom. That is what Mom’s do raise us. But what Mom would TELL YOU who to marry. Then to add insult to injury, the two aunts opened their big mouths too. I have friends and family who married well not my choices for them. I KEEP MY FAT LIP ZIPPED. Unless abuse is involved, butt out. I just hope the Mom is doing this for tv ratings. I find it hard to believe that someone is that off. I think Kandi is an amazing woman. STAND UP TO YOUR MOM. You do not have to curse her out, but say hey this is who I am marrying if you don’t like it don’t come to the wedding. It sounds cold but it is life. She will bully you forever. Don’t get mad that we are commenting this is what happens when you are on tv.

46. Kim Clark Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 5:35 pm

Can adults be victims of child abuse? If your mother is Mama Joyce I say yes. Joyce is extremely abusive to her daughter. She wants one thing, money, money and more money. Sorry, I guess I meant three things. I say Todd, DON’T sign a pre-nip, see if Kandi is really committed to you. I think Todd deserves every penny he can get after that nasty granny ruins her daughter’s marriage. I’ll take him, and I don’t care if he’s a millionaire. With eyelashes like that? My man don’t need a lot of cash, he just need to be lookin’ at me with those big baby brown eyes. Kandi is beautiful, talented, good natured, and a great mom. How she turned out so well with an abusive mom is a miracle. Let Mama Joyce stay in her house, and Kandi and Todd can stay in theirs. Kandi’s footing the bill for everybody which is her damn business. My mom, Shirley, isn’t rich and she isn’t perfect, but . . . I take that back – She is perfect. She loves her kids, not their money. I would loan her to Kandi for a day to see what a real mom acts like, but only a day, then I want her back! Todd, if you break up with Kandi, Facebook me. I’m not rich, but I don’t think you’re about the money. Did I mention I love your lashes?

47. S. Walton Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 5:36 pm

People hating on Momma Joyce? I sure am not hating. I am more a less apalled. God rest my Mom’s soul. But she was a gentle soul. Nothing to hate. I think we feel sorry for Momma Joyce and we truly feel very very sorry for you.

48. Bonnie Shroyer Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 5:38 pm

I don’t understand why Mama Joyce does not want to see her daughter happy! She accused Todd of being an opportunist, but what is her problem? Then she drags her sisters, Kandi’s aunties into the mix. Well if Kandi dosen’t see the light soon, I think Todd will be out!

49. TL Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 5:41 pm

Something is seriously wrong with that woman (“mama Joyce”)! She seems crazy! Did you see how she snapped out on that poor woman at the bridal salon?! That’s crazy!!!! Jumping around acting like she was Mike Tyson or somebody! She is way too old for that mess! How embarrassing! I read where somebody online said that she hits the liquor bottle a lot. Well if that’s the case, that would explain some of her outrageous behavior but not all! Even her sisters were wilding out and acting worse than two year olds throwing a temper tantrum, and they were all on their crazy sister’s side against Kandi’s girlfriend. Ridiculous, don’t make no sense!

50. deb Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 5:45 pm

I think what will happen is EXACTLY what joyce wants to happen. todd will end up leaving because who in the entire world, I repeat in the entire world would sign up for a life like that. to be put down, and made to feel horrible for what the rest of your life by your mother in law while your wife allows it. he may love kandi but her mother is making the situation intolerable and what will happen is exactly what im sure always happens, Kandi will be alone. her mother will be happy and Kandi will die alone, and lonely like her mother wants because she is so disgustingly selfish and worries there wont be enough for her. she is horrible. by the way ITS THE LAW she cared for you Kandi, when you have a child, you MUST provide for them or your child will be taken away

51. sue Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 5:48 pm

KANDI SIT DOWN WITH YOUR MOTHER BY YOUR SELF, AND ASK HER WHERE SHE IS GETTING HER INFORMATION.
    WHEN YOUR MOTHER IS WITH YOU, PLEASE DO NOT ASK CARMEN TO ACCOMPANY YOU.
    DO NOT DISTANCE YOUR MOTHER FOR NO ONE.
    YOU CAN NOT MIX BUSINESS WITH FRIENDSHIP, FIRE CARMEN.
    IF TODD WILL NOT SIGN THE PRENUP, DO NOT MARRY HIM,IF YOU DO,YOU WILL BE SORRY.
    IF TODD LOVE YOU AS MUCH AS HE SAY HE DOES, HE WILL SIGN THE PRENUP.
    I LIKE YOUR MOTHER KANDI, BUT I DO NOT LIKE CARMEN,SHE LIED ABOUT WHAT YOUR MOTHER SAID WHEN YOU ALL WERE AT THE GOWN FITTING.
    GO BACK AND REVIEW THE LAST FIVE SERIES WATCH CARMEN EXPRESSION.
    KANDI AS BB KING SANG,DON’T MAKE YOUR MOVE TO FAST.

52. Redd Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 5:50 pm

I can’t believe what I’m hearing from these bloggers! Yes, Kandi’s mom does have some issues and concerns… BUT never forget you only have ONE momma and she will be there when a man lies, cheats, steals, or whatever! Not saying that Todd will but who knows what the future holds for them… And Momma Joyce will always be there to support her in whatever way she needs. They just need to talk about respecting each others opinions. Her mom has a right to her opinions, but no one should be disrespected.

53. Janice P Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 5:50 pm

Kandi is silly…her mother is a controlling old hag who is unhappy and has nothing else to do but interfere with Kandi’s life. I feel sorry Todd as he really appears to be a good man and it’s unfortunate that his possible future mother-in-law is a disrespectful and mean old woman. I agree with other posters here…run Todd, run away from this relationship cause it will be a disaster!

54. Juanita Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 5:55 pm

Hi Kandi-

In Genesis 2:24 of the Bible, it says, “Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.” This includes a “woman.” The world knows that you love and respect your mother but there may become a time when you have to choose between your mother and Todd. If you can honestly say, you will choose your husband (Todd) over your mother, then you need to have a serious talk with your mother so she can accept and respect your decision regarding marrying Todd. If you will not choose your husband (Todd) over your mother, then it’s time to stop wasting Todd’s time and taking him through the drama with your mother. Kandi, I mean no disrespect, it’s just that I went through pre-maritial counseling 5 months ago and this is one of the many situations that was discussed. I don’t know Todd but he appears to be a good guy. Your girl Phaedra introduced you two and I don’t think she would introduce you to a scrub. You already said your mother does this tp everyone that gets close to you. Todd is only human so how much of your mothers drama do you think he can take??? Have your mans back!

55. fran pearcy Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 5:59 pm

Candi your mother has lived her life and now she’s living it again through you with all her same mistakes. You need to grown up girl. I don’t care if you marry a rat, your mother not but in your business. You make me sick just listening to you. YOu are spineless. I’m surprised all you associates have not walked out on you because of you mother. I really want to call her something else but I’ll respect her honery but. Your mother has really messed you. And the mitch is living her life twice through you. Wake up!

56. Mrs Banks Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 6:03 pm

Hi Kandi-

57. Patti_B Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 6:03 pm

It shocks me that as smart as Kandi is, she cannot see what is right up under her nose: that her mother is a miserable, delusional woman who is incapable of caring about anyone but herself. If Kandi didn’t figure that out when her mother lied on Riley, her own granddaughter, to advance her own sick agenda, I’m afraid that Kandi will never see the light. Kandi is a phenomenal young woman. Mama J. needs to get out of the way and let her daughter live her own life.

58. judilee325 Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 6:09 pm

i agree with the other commenters…my mother in-law is also very controlling and possessive of my husband and our marriage has suffered for it. we even took her out with us on new year’s eve when we had only been married 2 weeks! kandi, you’re a sweet woman and i do like todd, but if your mom really loved you she would want you to be happy and respect your feelings. she uses your weakness to continue to control you…stop letting her manipulate you and stand up for your man and yourself. she won’t disown you…she needs you too…deep down, she’ll respect you for it and you can grow into a healthier relationship. maybe you and your mom should go to counseling if you can get her there, to have an impartial mediator! i’ll say a prayer for you kandi…be strong!

59. Belinda Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 6:11 pm

Your mom will always be your mom and have her opinion but you can love and respect your mom and have a life too. She just has to realize that you are a grown woman now and she should have enough love and respect for you to let you make the mistakes that we all do in life. Let her know that you respect her opinion but just like she had the opportunity to go out and find someone to love it is only fair that you have that same opportunity. Every mother wants the best for her child and would rather not see them make bad choices or spare them the pain and grief they suffered but imagine if we all lived the lives our parents wanted us to live. It wouldn’t be our lives or dreams but theirs. If Todd makes you happy then you should take that chance. I have always admired the relationship between you and your mom on the show but you marrying Todd won’t change the fact that you are mother and daughter. If a pre-nup is necessary then both of you should come up with stipulations that each other can live with and go from there. Hopefully after some time has passed Ms. Joyce will come around and her and Todd can see they have something in common (they both love you and your daughter). Life is too short to be unhappy and it takes too much energy so live your life and things will work themselves out.

60. Jannetta Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 6:36 pm

Kandi you need to see that the only concern your mom has is for her own well being. She is really scared that you have finally met someone that may require you to cut her purse strings and expose her for the selfish vindictive evil female she is….she is jealous of you and no real mom would act like she is…she should be ashamed of herself as well as your aunts…they are all in cahoots to see u miserable & alone..and you are going to be the dummy to allow them to do just that…do us all a favor and give your mom some bedroom Kandi products or better yet find her a damn man to take her focus off u N yours….oan Todd….be smart & leave while u still can!!!!!

61. Dumbdadumdum Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 6:51 pm

This is the problem in a lot of black relationships ignorant family members trying to keep you single for their own selfish reasons. Kandi been in the business for how long and haven’t bagged her a producer, artist, entertainer, comedian- nobody? The common denominator is her messy a** mama…

62. T. Renee Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 6:52 pm

Hi Candi,
    I admire your admiration, love, and respect for your mother. I appreciate the fact that your mother cares deeply about your welfare, but I question her consideration for your well being. Let me start with her comments about your ring. We all know a bus load of women who flaunt ginormous diamonds, who are taking a boat load of crap, which includes physical and mental abuse, just to be able to flash that bling in front of the cameras. Todd purchasing a ring within his personal means reflects his monetary sensibility. You happily accepting a ring which was offered to you, based solely on love, is a testament to the confident woman that you are. It is my prayer for you and your family that you all find a way to work this out, so that you can have a chance at a fulfilled life. I’m not saying fulfilled necessarily means with a man, but fulfilled in the sense that you are free to love as you see fit. It can be a beautiful thing when a mother is ever present in the life of her daughter, but your mother is going to have to trust that the love and care she’s given to you throughout your life, has adequately prepared you to identify and receive it, from sources other than she. The second thing I think Mama Joyce should rethink, is her attitude towards your best friend Carmon. I have a best friend, whom I have had for over 40 years, and the respect, trust and bond we have, is very rarely found. Please ask your mother to stop disparaging your friend’s reputation. If you can look into the eyes of your friend and say to her that you don’t believe she would do anything to hurt you, then that is a friend who is worth speaking up for. I think it is important that you take a minute and ponder a question to yourself. How is it that you can love, honor, and respect other people at the level in which you do, but appear to not carry that same level of those things for yourself. I know sometimes it’s the hardest thing in the world to require from our loved ones, the very things we so freely extend to them. Pretending its not so, doesn’t make it not so. Stop pretending that your mother’s words don’t hurt you or other people you care dearly for, tell her the truth. You’re a songwriter, words are your gift. There are thousands of words you could use, that are to the point, yet respectful. You’ve expressed and shown that you would do anything for your mother. It is now time for your mother to reciprocate that unconditional love and respect back to you. I also know it’s not easy hearing the bloggers, friends, and talk show hosts, express their opinions and advice for you. Just keep in mind, our vision is always clearer when we are spectators looking in on the chaos of other people’s storms. Yet when we look back on the times of our own hours of tribulation, we realize we were as blind as bats. So take their comments for what they are. Entertainment. I know this whole situation is hard enough to live, let alone live out on national television, but you are not only someone’s daughter, or someone’s fiance, or someone’s friend, or an “Atlanta Housewife” cast member, you are someone’s mother. Break the cycle. Continue to love Mama Joyce, Todd, Reilly, and Carmon, but remember to also love Candi. You all deserve better. May God’s blessings, guidance, and grace be with you.

63. Alex Karma Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 7:00 pm

Joyce is concerned about Joyce. She’s afraid that she’ll lose the influence she has over Kandi and she’ll have to find another means of support. She called Todd an opportunist because she knows one when she see’s one. It’s sad because unless Kandi can find a solution, she’s going to end up alone because no man will ever be good enough as far as her mama is concerned. Maybe she can set aside some money for her mom in a trust…I think it’s awful that her mom and those aunts would spoil what should be a happy time for her. Even if everything she says about Todd is true. Kandi is an adult and mom should respect her and the choice she’s made. I can’t believe Kandi is a business owner, she’s not assertive at all…..

64. Candy Kane Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 7:06 pm

Kandi, Kandi, Kandi. Baby girl your Mama is sick mentally and its obvious to all who watch the show she is bi-polar and or a psychotic. She need meds and she need it now. I would never leave my 11 yr old with her alone, no telling what evil she is spreading to her. And her sisters need to keep quiet and sit their old tired asses down. Who cares whether they like Todd or not? Further money don’t keep you happy or you wouldn’t need to get married to find happiness. Money don’t make the man Momma Joyce but you ain’t never had no money to know, you old ho. Get a life and let your daughter be happy. Go to the gym and tighten up that gut of yours focus on yourself, get some anger management counseling. I wish you would have jumped up on me like you did Carmen, you would have had them old bitch sistas of yours picking you up off the floor. Get some help beyatch!!

65. Maureen Onuigbo Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 7:09 pm

Mother is supreme so when mothers are wrong, abusive or crazy, we have difficulty accepting it. Abuse is abuse even when it is from your mother

66. Janell Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 7:59 pm

Call Iyania fix my life for your mother,cause she need something.You say you are in love with todd,i don’t think so,you act like you are in love with your mother.There is nothing wrong with you taking care of your mother,i applaud you for that,but she don’t have to run your life.STAND UP AND BE A REAL WOMAN!take care of your man,before you lose him,because of your family,and if they truly love you,they will accept what you love,and want.You are looking as bad as your mother,for letting her do the things she does.You will never have Todd or anybody else,letting your mother control you.I bet Iyania could tell your mother what she needs to hear,since you cant be a grown woman.Maybe one day you will grow up,then it will be to late,and you will be by yourself.And as for Carmon,you have a real friend there,you need to listen to her.

67. Sherry Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 8:07 pm

If Kandi is that dumb and gullible…hell I wish I was her friend!!!! I would take her to the bank!!!!!!!!!!Thats what Joyce is doing I’m quite sure!!!!!!!!!!

68. Avalis Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 8:09 pm

Kandi is living in dreamland with regard to Mama Joyce. I hope her mama can keep her warm at night, can make love to her, and can have children with her as Todd surely can.

Todd should find a real woman to love. If I wasn’t 57, unknown, and poor, I would present myself as a candidate.

69. JLeonard Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 8:10 pm

I think Kandi and her Mother know each other very well. She knows her Mother isn’t against her being happy…she is against her being used and hurt. The entire thing happened so fast…I recall her daughter saying how quickly Todd seemed to move in with them. A mere month after meeting him is what she said…Why? As for calling her Mother selfish, crazy or evil…that’s a bit much…we all handle things that upset and concern us differently…I have complete confidence that Kandi and her Mother will work out their differences and if Todd can’t handle the heat, he needs to get out of the kitchen. Joyce will always be her Mother…Todd may stay a year or two, take what ever he agrees to in a pre-nump and ease on down the road. We can’t know this in advance, but it is entirely up to Kandi whether or not she is willing to take this risk…I believe Joyce will support whatever decision Kandi makes. Comparing Kandi’s relationship with her Mother to other folks relationship with their Mother’s is ridiculous! You don’t know the ties that bind them if you weren’t there! …Kandi is a very successful young woman. Evidently Joyce did something right! Todd has not run yet so either he loves Kandi or he loves the lifestyle. It’ll all come out in the wash!

70. Audra Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 8:52 pm

Is it possible that Mama Joyce is suffering from early stages of dementia or Alzheimer’s ?

71. Lashawn Davis Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 8:59 pm

If this is a stunt to boost ratings for the show, it is a sad one. Mama Joyce does not want Kandi to be happy because she is not happy. Believe me, I had to deal with the exact same situation with my own mom. My mom acted the exact same way Mama Joyce is acting, Kandi needs to get it together.
    I understand that Kandi want to take care of her mom, but there is other ways than allowing your mom to ruin your relationship.

72. Mary Says:
    December 9th, 2013 at 9:01 pm

Kandi .. you need to have a serious talk with Mama Joyce before you lose your man .. who wants to put up with that the rest of their life .. Mama Joyce has issues … sorry but she acts stone cold nasty and unreasonable … grow up Kandi .. loving your mother does not mean she should be allowed to act so disrespectful to the man you’re about to marry … you’re grown .. make your own decisions .. hopefully she will come around .. she will .. but not until she realizes you’re not 3 yrs old anymore … I think she is totally out of line in how she speaks to/about Todd … trust it .. he’s not gonna take it much longer .. good luck

73. Hawkeye Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 12:05 am

Kandi, you are a nice looking lady with money. I really hope this is just an act that you an the crew are putting on…if not, you folks are in bad shape. Your mom should get a life and let you live yours if you want to (away from her that is). If you really love this cat, be with him. You don’t have to cut mom out, just move her out of your business…she needs her own!!! Good Luck Mama! Wishing you and dude the best!

Hawk

74. B. K. Matthews Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 12:23 am

Kandi, you are a beautiful woman with lots of money. Stop letting mom influence you. If Todd is the man, then Todd is the man! Your mom is disrespecting this dude like he’s one of her step-children. I somewhat commend him for his patience/tolerance for putting up with all that nonsense from her. Kandi, you can put an end to that nonsense if you wanted to. Now, unless this is a part of the act in your show, I’m thinking you folks really have a problem. With all the money you have, find something for your mom to do so she can stay outta your business. WOW!! Good Luck! Hang in there Todd.

75. LADEDI BOLDEN Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 12:59 am

Kandi, really needs a reality check about Mama Joyce. What mother who truly loves her daughter, clowns on TV the way she has. She has been insulting, disrespectful & straight over-the-top with her behavior. For a woman her age, it is so degrading & ghetto. She shows no class or self respect for herself or Kandi. The ultimate insult was downing kandi’s ring. Tod bought her what she wanted. When Kandi first saw the ring, she absolutely loved it. All women don’t need some gaudy, audacious spectacle of a ring to be happy. I know, because I’m the same way. Material things like that(big show pieces), don’t prove someone’s love. Making sure that your needs are being met & that you are loved, happy & respected are more important in life. How many women get those big rings & stay married less than a year?
    Mama Joyce, shame on you & shame on you for having to have your daughter defend your despicable behavior & shed tears on TV!!!

76. Malone Renee' Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 1:49 am

Honestly in all the years looking at the show I’ve never seen Mama Joyce react this way. I do believe there is a reason and maybe the show is just ad libbing to the imcomplete discussion that they have or have not had about Todd and why she feel so strongly against him. I am a mama’s baby and that being said yes you live your life but you do for your mother because she did for you and you only get one mother men/friends/lovers/ and sometimes hubsands will come and go but blood/family/mother will be there. I’m really not taking sides but maybe they should try counseling and see where that goes.Mama Joyce is just being very protective right now and it can come across as her not wanting Kandi to be happy and I truly believe that’s not it at all Praying for Mama Joyce and hope that God show her a better way to deal with her anger.

77. carolyn Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 5:58 am

you can speak to your mother without being disrespectful,you have to protect your relationship with your man. Ms. Joyce needs to keep her opinions to herself and realize that your husband will come first, not your mom. That’s if you want to keep your man.

78. carmen Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 7:20 am

I have lost a lot of respect for Kandi….I totally understand wanting to have a mother on your side and doing whatever you can for your mother….but Kandi’s mother should be there to support her and not take her down despite the fact that Joyce is using the excuse that Todd is an opportunist. Joyce is merely acting in this manner because she is selfish and fearful that her ends (support) will end. She is not thinking about Kandi’s well being at all — and the little flunky aunts. I need say no more. My aunts would never have acted like that! Joyce probably treats them the same way, and they are afraid to go against what she spews forth. She does not even deserve “mama” in front of her name. Stop tearing your daughter down like that… support her — good or bad decision — it’s hers!

79. VersaGurl Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 7:37 am

THE THING THAT WE ALL ARE FORGETTING HERE IS THAT THIS IS A TELEVISION SHOW. NOTHING MORE NOTHING LESS. RATINGS RATINGS RATINGS. TO GET US TO WATCH WEEK IN AND WEEK OUT THIS IS HOW THEY GET PAID. AT THE END OF THE DAY. KANDI AND TODD WILL GET MARRIED. MOMMA JOYCE IS GOING TO BE MOMMA JOYCE. IF YOU WATCH THE SHOW AND I MEAN WATCH THE SHOW YOU CAN SEE THAT ALOT OF THE THINGS THAT ARE STATED ARE STAGED, SOMEONE STATES SOMETHING AND NO ONE COMMENTS UNTIL THE CAMERA HAS THE OPPORTUNITY TO SEE EVERYONES FACIAL EXPRESSIONS AND THEN THERE IS A RESPONSE STAGED PEOPLE STAGED. HAPPY WATCHIN AND REMEMBER IT IS ENTERTAINMENT TV.

80. VersaGurl Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 7:38 am

THE THING THAT WE ALL ARE FORGETTING HERE IS THAT THIS IS A TELEVISION SHOW. NOTHING MORE NOTHING LESS. RATINGS RATINGS RATINGS. TO GET US TO WATCH WEEK IN AND WEEK OUT THIS IS HOW THEY GET PAID. AT THE END OF THE DAY. KANDI AND TODD WILL GET MARRIED. MOMMA JOYCE IS GOING TO BE MOMMA JOYCE. IF YOU WATCH THE SHOW AND I MEAN WATCH THE SHOW YOU CAN SEE THAT ALOT OF THE THINGS THAT ARE STATED ARE STAGED, SOMEONE STATES SOMETHING AND NO ONE COMMENTS UNTIL THE CAMERA HAS THE OPPORTUNITY TO SEE EVERYONES FACIAL EXPRESSIONS AND THEN THERE IS A RESPONSE, STAGED PEOPLE STAGED. HAPPY WATCHING AND REMEMBER IT IS ENTERTAINMENT TV.

81. Caribeeyun Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 7:56 am

Respect is a two way street. The things her mother says to them are way out of line. I get the impression that no man would be “good” enough for her daughter because she sees all suitors as a threat to her own lifestyle and influence over her daughter.

82. Blaire Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 8:57 am

This wedding will not happen. Todd needs to get away. Her mom wants all the money for herself, so she will never let Kandi marry. She will be an old spinster and never marry or have any more kids. Sorry Kandi, but all of this is your fault. You have no backbone.

83. NANCY Says:
    December 11th, 2013 at 10:15 am

Kandi is doing what she is suppose to do… Respect your mamma Kandi because when all is said and done she has never let you down! She was there when Kandi did not have anything, she was there for her when Kandi became a single mother, and she will be there if Kandi loose everything today. Now I do say if you want to marry Todd do so but understand Mama Joyce may choose not to be there and if that is the case it may be for the best.

84. Marci Says:
    December 11th, 2013 at 9:03 pm

Kandi has to face herself and what she really wants deep down in her heart and then she needs to go for that so far she is doing nothing and I fear she may throw her dreams away cause Mama does not like her dreams.

85. Shannon Says:
    December 15th, 2013 at 6:28 pm

Kandi’s mother is a disgusting human being. She has absolutely no love and respect for her own daughter. She is only worried about herself and the possibility that marriage will take away her money. She is a snake. It’s time for Kandi to recognize that and move on from the witch. Todd appears to be a genuine guy.

86. Audra Says:
    December 15th, 2013 at 8:43 pm

Candi said it all when talking to Cynthia …….. If Todd had a lot of money and did more for them they would like him. So very sad

87. marci Says:
    December 18th, 2013 at 9:22 pm

I am protective of my Mama and one thing for sure there would be no camera’s around showing her bad behavior and she is no way as bad as what we are watching.

When Kandi said, “I don’t care what ya’all say”, then why mention it. Why present it to eveyone on tv that are watching and taking up part of the show with it and then slam the fans of that show for how they feel about it.

88. kim Says:
    December 30th, 2013 at 9:37 am

Kandi most will say that you need to talked to your Mom. I, am saying know matter what decision you make, that is your choice. Speaking as a mother I would want my girls to be happy, I’m sure your mom is only doing what most Mothers do. I wished to God I would have listened to my Mother

89. Dee Nice Says:
    February 2nd, 2014 at 2:11 pm

I think Kandi ought to give that crazy old bitch a pot of money and tell her to get to steppin. Even if it turns out that Todd isn’t the right guy for her, and I think he is, she’ll always find a reason to throw a temper tantrum to get her way. I saw that meltdown in the bridal shop and frankly I can say is that she was clearly off her meds that day. I say this only partly in just. Looking at the expression on her face, the vacant eyes, the irrational anger … I think she needs to be under professional psychiatric care

Comments