Brandi Glanville Explains Her Hot Mess Behavior On Girls Trip To Palm Springs

December 10, 2013 12:00 PM by Suzy Kerr

Brandi, Brandi, Brandi. What are we going to do with you? After last night’s episode of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, during which Brandi Glanville unsurprisingly made some inappropriate – and racist – comments, viewer reactions ranged from WTF to SMH to total outrage (is there an acronym for total outrage?). After the show aired, B called into Watch What Happens Live to explain her comment, but she failed to impress host Andy Cohen OR the fans she offended.

Here’s what went down: Joyce arranged for a girls’ getaway trip to Palm Springs, where the Housewives were supposed to bond and, you know, act like real friends. Of course, this didn’t happen at all, but what DID happen was that Brandi got drunk and said a bunch of offensive stuff. How completely UN-shocking.

The moment that everyone’s talking about was when Joyce commented that she couldn’t swim, and Brandi nonchalantly piped up with, “You’re black.” Cue the stunned silence.After a moment of speechlessness, Joyce – who was understandably pissed – said, “Yes, I’m black. What’s your problem? Puerto Ricans are black, they’re Indian and they’re Spanish. So I am a mix of three cultures and I’m very proud to represent all three.” Yeah. Take that, Brandi.

Of course Twitter and other social media started blowing up immediately, with outraged viewers blasting Brandi for her insensitivity and ignorance.In an effort to smooth things over, the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star called up Andy Cohen to explain herself. “I know what I said was definitely inappropriate, but I say a lot of inappropriate things. I’m not racist, I’m just inappropriate 90 percent of the time!” the 41-year old mother of two said.

Following a collective “bitch, please,” B continued, “It definitely was not sensitive and I apologize to anyone I offended. But to be honest with you, my friends and I joke with each other this way and they’re from all different backgrounds. So I’m sorry and I guess TV’s not ready for the real Brandi, but should I censor myself? Is that gonna be exciting?”

Okay, I’ll admit she has a point there.Brandi Glanville wouldn’t be Brandi Glanville if she suddenly developed a verbal filter, but c’mon Glanville…this crossed a line. You can be inappropriate, and hilariously so at times, WITHOUT making racist comments. And Brandi needs to learn where to draw the line.

What do you think about all this? Was Brandi totally out of line, or are you totally unsurprised by any of this? Tell us in the comments!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check outSirLinksALot: The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills.

Photo Credit: Bravo

Topics: Bravo Reality TV Shows, The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills |

21 Responses to “Brandi Glanville Explains Her Hot Mess Behavior On Girls Trip To Palm Springs”

1. karen Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Brandi is BEYOND disgusting. Unless she is playing a role, she
    is no role model. I change the channel when she appears lately.

Why does Bravo put up with people like her????

2. Blah Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 1:26 pm

It appears that all of these women are inappropriate, disrespectful pigs…so why do people watch this garbage? to see them act this way..

3. Tyler S Kirk Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 1:27 pm

Brandy needs to go Period!! Enough is enough

4. Michelle Beck Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 1:45 pm

Brandi has no filter and I LOVE IT! 99% of the time, she says what everyone else is thinking but doesn’t have the balls to say it out loud!

5. Teri W. Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 2:08 pm

If you watch the show, you know that Brandi says the first thing that pops into her head, regardless of consequences. There was no racism or malice at all associated with that comment. We all need to get over our self-righteous selves and not blow everything out of proportion.

6. margeenecker Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 2:17 pm

Brandi Glanville is just an attention wanting whore and is so inappropriate on so many levels. No wonder Eddie Cibrian left her for LeAnne Rimes. He was probably embarrassed every time she opened her mouth and legs.

7. Tired Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 2:29 pm

She has the sophistication of a bull dog (sorry bull dogs). Did she finish junior high? Did she have parents? Proof positive that looks alone can open doors. Push her out the door she came in NOW…PLEASE!!

8. Give Me A Break Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 2:57 pm

I watched the show and I have to say that I think it was much ado about nothing. She didn’t call Joyce Black as in ethnicity, she called her Black because of not being able to swim. Joyce has the best hair of them all and they all already acknowledge that the first time they met her so, when Joyce said she couldn’t swim Brandi was merely making a joke and saying “you’re Black” because, like it or not, as she stated most of her Black friends cannot swim and do not want to get their hair wet. Now if an Asian woman or even White woman had same the same thing and had great hair I think Brandi’s comment would have been the same. I’m Black and I didn’t detect a hint of racism in it. Now was it stereo-typical, you bet BUT it was a joke and meant to be. At worse Brandi is ignorant but certainly not racist.

9. OMG Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 3:02 pm

Brandi’s behavior is so bad it makes ignorance, whores and racists look attractive. Bragging about being inappropriate 90% of the time – her poor kids. I sure wouldn’t want my kids learning that behavior from an adult. Eddie ran away, too bad her kids can’t.

10. john henry Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 3:34 pm

you expect anything other than disgusting from any of these vapid soulless hulls of women? and I mean every wife on every show seen .not one is worth the powder it would take to blow them to hell

11. Nica Linda Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 3:40 pm

That´s Brandi being Brandi. Nobody should apologize for expressing their thoughts no matter how crude or rude….if you don´t like it don´t listen and that´s it.

12. Sadee Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 4:05 pm

Wasn’t she just stating the obvious? Joyce confirmed she is part black. I don’t think Brandi said anything offensive, unless NOW the truth is offensive.

13. Dena Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 4:39 pm

I’m thinking I’ll never get back the minutes I wasted reading this article.

14. cidigi Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 4:56 pm

She is one big fool; Bravo doesn’t take her off b/c they love the attention their show is getting.
    Negative one, of course, but they don’t care.

15. Ingrid Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 5:05 pm

She’s too stupid to be racist. She has Black friends; she’s had sex with Black guys and women…I’m sure. She’s just trashy.

They need to dump her off the show because she’s classless!

16. Laurie Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 5:19 pm

Lately, Brandi has really lost control and does say many inappropriate things. Saying that the girl,Joyce is black and not a racist remark. It is true that many black women will not go swimming because the chemicals in the water are harsh on their hair and or makes the hair hard to manage. Not racist but inappropriate to say in a group of people.

17. Linda Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 5:19 pm

Brandi has the manners of a 3 year old. I fully believe that she is not racist at all. She just plows ahead with her mouth and doesn’t give a thought to what happens after the fact. Brandi-for gosh sakes, go take some etiquette classes. You are only as pretty as your mouth lets you be! You have 2 boys that can hear and read about you. ZIP IT

18. sarajo Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 6:07 pm

This show is way off the rails….bored with TV I tuned in last night….Brandi acts trashy no wonder her husband left her…..and as for the other “so called ladies” on the show….NO CLASS and that includes ALL of them.

19. Patty Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 7:32 pm

Brandi’s behavior, drunk or otherwise, gives ignorance, tramps, trailer trash and whores a bad name. If she thinks her actions are funny she’s been dropped on her head repeatedly. How can someone her age, a self-proclaimed “good mother” , continue to behave in this fashion? I wouldn’t let my dogs, much less children, in the same zip code as this train wreck. Clean up your act or crawl back into the gutter. Lucky Eddie!!

20. NotOk Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 11:13 pm

Brandi has sunk to levels lower than the “the forbidding hadalpelagic zone. This {ocean} layer extends from 6000 meters (19,686 feet) to the bottom of the deepest parts of the ocean. These areas are mostly found in deep water trenches and canyons. …tube worms can thrive at these depths.”

She is a miserable drunk and in dire need of a LOT of professional help. What an embarrassment to her children. They, too, are going to need help.

Trash.

21. Barbi Says:
    December 11th, 2013 at 3:04 am

I agree with the poster that says Brandi needs to just go. Bravo it is time for you guys to drop Brandi like hot potatoes!! She can’t seem to get along with any of the other cast mates. And she is just as disgusting Taylor was, ay least Taylor had a real problem. Her drinking got in her way. Brandi just has diarrhea of the mouth. SMH!!! I couldn’t stand to have to sit next to her at one of their dinner’s or lunches because I would end up probably knocking her teeth out the first time she ever said STFU to me. I would give her a reason to talk about me in that fashion. I wish Kyle would have stood up for Lisa when they were all ganging up on her. I know she can handle herself but it would have been nice to see that her one true best friend to stand up and say that’s enough and stop the BS they were giving to Lisa. I think I like Lisa the best out of all of these ladies. Kyle & Kim doesn’t seem to have too much contact with their sister Kathy Hilton, and I was wondering why that was? Maybe because Kathy married into mega- mega bucks and does not want to be associated with these two, I can’t blame her for not wanting to have anything with her two sister’s whom puts their dirty laundry out there for all to see & hear and analyze. They two are probably an embarrassment to the whole family. Any way Bravo it’s time for you to let Brandi go after this season is done. She sleeps with anything that has a zipper & then again some with not…lol. Her stupid comment about trying to be a lesbian was something else they should have had a talk with her about. She is really giving Bravo a black eye with everything they are letting her get away with.

Comments