Kandi Burruss And Mama Joyce Not Speaking

December 10, 2013 09:51 AM by Suzy Kerr

Kandi Burruss may be her mom’s biggest supporter, but that isn’t stopping Mama Joyce from giving her daughter the cold shoulder right now. After Sunday night’s dramatic episode of The Real Housewives of Atlanta, Kandi appeared Watch What Happens Live to hash it out with Andy Cohen and set the record straight for viewers. Kandi broke down in tears as she defended her mom from all the critics who have been sounding off on social media – even though Joyce isn’t speaking to her right now. Now that’s what I call loyalty.

The latest installment of The Real Housewives of Atlanta should have been a joyful one, with Kandi hitting the bridal shop to try on wedding dresses for her upcoming nuptials to Todd Tucker. However, things took an ugly turn when Mama Joyce had a violent meltdown, threatening Kandi’s friend Carmon and expressing again her reservations about the wedding.

One of Joyce’s biggest issues with Todd is her belief that he’s an “opportunist” and is using Kandi for her money and fame. However, viewers have been sounding off about the alleged hypocrisy of Joyce’s position, as she also relies on Kandi for financial support. Fans haven’t been shy about expressing themselves, either, and there’s been a lot of hate on Twitter directed at Joyce for her hypocritical attitude and behavior.

Naturally, the first person to leap to Joyce’s defense was Kandi, and that’s exactly what she did on Andy Cohen’s talk show. After explaining why she lets her mom get away with what she does (because “that’s [her] mama”), Kandi also revealed that Joyce was not happy with either her or Andy. “She’s not speaking to me right now because you and Sandra and Cynthia — she didn’t like the fact that you guys were saying that she needed me [financially], whatever,” she told a surprised-looking Cohen. The incident in question occurred the previous week, when Cohen and Sandra Bernhard and Cynthia Bailey were joking about Joyce’s control over Kandi – even though Kandi is the one paying Joyce’s bills.

Oh snap! So now Joyce is pissed and giving the silent treatment to her #1 (and only?) fan – her daughter, PLUS there’s still all the drama surrounding Kandi and Todd’s relationship. I’m predicting some more exciting episodes in the near future.

What do you think? Is Joyce the crazy one, or is it Kandi? Sound off in the comments!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook! Click here for more information about The Real Housewives of Atlanta. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Real Housewives of Atlanta.

Photo Credit: Bravo

Topics: Bravo Reality TV Shows, The Real Housewives Of Atlanta |

85 Responses to “Kandi Burruss And Mama Joyce Not Speaking”

1. T. Cheri Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 10:17 am

Well silence is golden. Maybe some time away can help. What we need in this relationship is love. I am sorry reading some of the other comments from the other article,some people do not understand love. Love is not controlling or abusive. Abuse is not just from a husband or a man or from a woman or a wife. It can come from all angles. Momma Joyce is mean spirited. I keep saying I hope this is for ratings. I do want to suggest family therapy. Sometimes there is something underlining here. Get a 3rd party involved and kill the drama. Live a good life of positivity, peace, free of drama. There are people with much bigger problems. It is a shame to see people waste valuable time. I wish I had my Mom. I lost her last year. And..she was a peaceful soul. I was very blessed to have had her. God bless you Kandi and family. I wish you nothing but the best.

2. heller Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 10:28 am

Mama Joyce is a mess! I think Kandi is such a loyal daughter to her mom but she needs to realize that her mom is out of control! She wants Kandi to herself and it seems like MJ is scared that she won’t have access to Kandi’s funds anymore once she gets married. She should just be happy for her daughter, as long as she signs a pre-nup she should be good to go…

3. Meme Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 10:50 am

Joyce is the crazy one and Kandi is the second crazy one for letting Joyce get away with her mess. Crazy Mama + Scared Successful Woman afraid to stand up to her mama = Alone for the rest of your life. HOlla!

4. LS Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 11:05 am

Unless it was just the editing, those Aunts were a hot mess too. They came in the dress shop like gangstas, and they lied to Kandi. Much too domineering!

5. Es Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 11:12 am

I totally agree with you Cherie. I also lost my mom….earlier this year….and I know that this is a drama filled series…but just respect one another. I also agree that Joyce is very mean spirited…and also controlling. Even if Joyce doesn’t like Todd, she should still support daughter no matter what issue is. It’s about love and loving one another while you still have time to do so. I think Joyce just knows that she can’t control Kandi or her granddaughter anymore. It’s just sad.

6. JJ Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 11:14 am

Are you planning to grow old with yo moma?

7. lucy Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 11:19 am

Mama Joyce loves her daughter and she loves Candys money also. She is jealous and maybe she needs a prenup? She should be ashamed…Candy and Todd are cute.

8. ChocolateSweets Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 11:21 am

MJ is a mess. Being Kandi’s mother does not giver her the right to be so disrespectful to other ppl. SHe love Todd last season when they were just dating. the moment he purposed she suddenly had a change of heart. Todd obviously has his own, did he not put up half the cash for the house they purchased together. Shoot the house is much larger than the one she was in. instead of being happy for her daughter’s new purchase, she states ” I want a new house!” See interesting! they she moves into Kandi old house and kandi and paying for the complete remodel. If Kandi is not careful, her mother is going to run off every man she dates. The is a respectful way to tell your mother and back off and let you live your life

9. Gina Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 11:22 am

I watched the show and felt sadness for Kandi. I know she loves her mother but there comes a time when your personal life is just that, “Your Personal Life”. I’m sure Mama Joyce didn’t let her mother choose her partners. She is terribly wrong for the way she wants to control Kandi’s life. If you raise your children in the right way, you should have faith that they will make good decisions. Kandi has proven she is a solid rock, Look at her success.

10. bambam Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 11:22 am

KANDI’S MOM IS ALL ABOUT HER MONEY.THERE IS NO REASON FOR HER TO ACT LIKE A CANDIDATE FOR THE MENTAL WARD IF SHE IS REALLY SANE. SHE HAS BEEN SO UGLY TOWARD TODD AND KANDIS FRIEND. TOO OLD TO DISPLAY THE IGNORANCE SHE HAS.

11. Native New Yorker Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 11:24 am

Of course Kandi’s mom is upset that Todd is up to gain a part of the fortune too if something was to ever happen to Kandi. Her mother needs to mind her own business and let her live her life. If Kandi and Todd don’t make it as a couple then guess what, she will have lived and learned. Didn’t Kandi’s parents break up too? Nobody told Joyce what to do when she was dating Kandi’s father. And even if there were people who didn’t think she should get into a relationship with Kandi’s father, she did what she wanted to anyway and went on to have two kids by him. Joyce is a bitter lonely old woman…and misery loves company. She wants her daughter to die a single woman and leave everything to Riley and her. But Joyce won’t outlive Kandi by definition of the age factor, so Joyce needs to BUTT OUT of that woman’s life. She needs to stay out of that woman’s “womb” and out of her “love bed.” Joyce just doesn’t want to hear the truth. She wants a fan club and from the last episode, she got her old dried up sisters (the peanut gallery) to chime in and go along with her to double team up on Kandi. Kandi is too weak to really tell her mother to butt out. Girl get a back bone and tell your mother in a constructive way to let you live your life, give her opinions about your man and your wedding only when solicited and let you learn from your own mistakes. In the words of Kenya “Joyce, don’t come for me unless I send for you!!!”

12. Dawn Riggs Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 11:27 am

Kandi loves her mother and try so hard to show respect and love for mother Joyce.But Joyce wont let her daughter make a life with a man.Either good or bad should let her daughter make her own decision.Kandi not stupid she not going to let a man use her for money.
    Joyce looks like she has a fear that her daughter going to fall in love, And she will be forgotten.
    Kandi if does get marry and it fails,Joyce will always throw it up to her face,You should listen to me

13. Neka Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 11:28 am

Joyce needs to sit her a$$ down. I understand Kandi doesn’t wanna direspect her but you can’t let her run your life and everybody in it away. It started with her trying to put things in Kandi’s daughter head about Todd also. I think Joyce is scared somebody else is gonna get all Kandi’s money and she’s gonna get the bad end of the stick. She needs to stop putting Kandi in that situation (making her have to choose)

14. Kim Clark Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 11:36 am

Mama Joyce is not emotionally stable and not too bright. I think Kandi is afraid for her, or maybe Joyce has some dirt on Kandi and is blackmailing her. I wouldn’t put anything past her. Kandi needs to take her Mama and two aunts off the payroll and cancel the house reno and change her phone number. Or join the witness protection program. She definitely shouldn’t leave her child alone with that woman. Kandi may feel a responsibility to her mother, but she is a mother too and that is a greater responsibility. I’m sure she can afford a baby-sitter who won’t trash her to her own daughter. Enjoy the rest while the nutjob is not speaking to you, Kandi! Wendy Williams and Mama Joyce are from the same mold. Joyce should go on Wendy’s show and they could both have a hate fest. I’m sure ratings would be sky high.

15. Whatitsworth Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 11:36 am

For what it’s worth, I agree with heller…as long as there is a good prenup in place and they love each other, Mama Joyce shouldn’t be involved. I don’t really like my son in law either, but we aren’t the ones that are going to live with them. Kandi has to make her own life, and her own mistakes. Mama Joyce should but out.
    I think she is afraid that her access to Kandi will be limited after they marry, but if she keeps acting like that; she might loose out for sure. Either that or Kandi will be alone with no one and no friends.

16. Cheryl Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 11:38 am

Kandi at 37 is a grown a$$ woman and needs to set her mama straight now or she will never be happy and she and her mama can look forward to growing old together, alone. No man should have to put up with crap. Mama Joyce ain’t the first one out there to raise a successful daughter, but she does need to know when to let go and let her daughter fly on her own. She’s still trying to control her daughter as if Kandi were a child, and her shoe throwing episode on Sunday shows that she may need some professional help.

Kandi, your mom’s insinuation that Todd only wants you for your money is insulting to both You and Todd. Set her straight now on where the boundries lie as far as Todd goes, or let him go. Marriage is hard enough with just two people in the relationship. Threesomes never work.

17. SheWhat? Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 11:38 am

Mama Joyce is my mother; controlling and pestimistic. But I am no Kandi. Mama Joyce made her mistakes and survived. Let your daughter do the same, no bumpers required from mama. Kandi will take the hits and the falls and come back stronger and wiser and Mama Joyce will be there for the pick me up. Cause that’s what mothers do.

18. Sandra Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 11:40 am

It is a wonderful thing to love and respect a parent. However, that works both ways. Mama Joyce has her own inner issues that she undoubtedly needs to work out and stop covering them up by bashing Kandi’s relationship with Todd. (This is not the first time she has done this, do you remember A.J. previous RHOA episodes?). Had it not been for the tragic death of A.J., it is a strong possibility that she would have wrecked that relationship too. Mama Joyce needs to get her a man who will turn her heart upside down. Let Kandi be happy for once. I also applaud Riley, Kandi’s daughter, for not giving in to Mama Joyce’s antics, seems she tried to set Riley again Todd as well, saying ugly things. So, Mama Joyce go get you a man. Maybe you won’t have time to bash your own daughter. Be happy for her in her upcoming nuptials. Aunties, stay out of it too. ‘Stop letting Mama Joyce manipulate and put you against your niece. Just be happy for her.

19. SoSerious Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 11:40 am

I agree with MeMe & Heller, This is not a mother simply concerned about someone taking advantage of her daughter…an opportunist. This is a mother who is concerned about an opportunist other than HERSELF taking advantage of her daughter. This is the reason she would like for Todd to make millions so she can keep her lifestyle. Don’t mistake me, I agree that we are to take care of our parents when they need us. However, her mother EXPECTS it and is threatened by ANYONE who she feels with affect the life she has come accustom to through Kandi. Kandi appears more naive than she seems and her mother is afraid Todd will shine light on her manipulation. She is not only EXTREMELY manipulative, disrespectful, and verbally abusive, she is now physically abusive.

Kandi is right not to worry herself with what people say but that should apply to her meddling mother as well. A marriage is not made up of husband, wife, and Ms. Joyce!

At this point, I agree with Joyce on one thing: Kandi won’t wear her dress because Joyce is going to keep pushing and Kandi is going to keep ALLOWING her to push, until she pushes Todd out the door. Cheri is right, Kandi needs counseling because she is a little girl trapped in a woman’s body. Her mother has done a doozy on her!

20. Pamela Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 11:42 am

Joyce needs to be medicated and Kandi who I adore needs to grow a set or go to counseling. My mom would NEVER EVER even think of pulling the crapola that Joyce does. She has no respect for her own daughter. Talk about evil. Jeez…
    Kandi needs to put a stop to this now and quit defending her mom. Her mom is wrong wrong wrong.

21. Sherahe Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 11:42 am

Mama Joyce in entitled to her opinion, she has the right as a Mother to say whatever she feels. Whether it’s right or wrong.It’s how SHE FEELS. Perhaps there is way more to this story that what we see on TV. None of us know the struggles or obstacles that this family has faced. Sometimes a Mother knows best. Our job is to protect our children and that’s all she’s trying to do. Now she may not go about things the right way, but that’s all she knows. At least she isn’t being sneaky about it, she lays it all on the line and as well as the Aunts. Please believe MJ did not become outspoken overnight. Kandi knows her Mom, just as her Mom knows her. I applaud her for not disrespecting her Mom and settling things the only way she knows how. Only time will tell. I do feel that they need to go to family counseling to resolve these issues. But in the meantime, let’s pray for this family and hope for the best.

22. Fliour Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 11:43 am

23. Fliour Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 11:44 am

I am sorry!!! As the mother of two daughters 34 and 29 I think that Kandi’s mother is totally WRONG. We raise our children to become adults and to live their own lifes, not to be controlled by their mothers, fathers, aunts and so on. Lord, I pray her mother get out of her personal life and allow her to live. We all will make mistakes and this young lady will be no diffent than anyone else. she has the right to LOVE whomever she so desires.

24. Deborah Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 11:45 am

HONESTLY I THINK THAT KANDI’S MOM WANT TO RUN OFF TODD BECAUSE JUST LIKE SOMEBODY SAID SHE DON’T WANT TO LOSE HER PURSE STRINGS. i DISPISE PARENTS WHO LIVE OFF THEIR CHILDREN’S SUCCESS AND YOU FIND THAT IN ALOT OF BLACK FAMILIES THEY THINK BECAUSE YOU MADE IT NOBODY ELSE HAVE TO WORK JUST LIVE OFF HIM/ HER NOT SO ! PERIOD I KNOW YOU SHOULD TAKE CARE OF YOUR PARENTS IN THEIR TIME OF NEED BUT THIS WOMAN HAS BEEN LIVING OFF HER DAUGHTER SINCE SHE FIRST MADE IT. SHE’S VERY MEAN AND VERY IGNORANT THERE IS NO WAY AS A MOTHER I WOULD HAVE ACTED LIKE THAT ON NATIONAL TV ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW AND IF TODD DON’T WANT TO SIGN A PRE NUP THEN TOODDLES TO HIM NO FREE RIDE HERE BOO. I CAN SEE THAT ITS A PAY CHECK TO TODD YES HE HAS A LITTLE MONEY BUT SHE HAS THE MOST AND I WOULDN’T GIVE HIM A CHANCE AT MY MONEY EITHER IT’S JUST LIKE KIM ZOLCIAK DO YOU REALLY THINK SHE WOULD HAVE DUMPED THREE KIDS ON THAT MAN IF HE WASNT PRO BALL PLAYER SHE’S A REAL GOLD DIGGER AND NOT A BIG ONE AT THAT BECAUSE KROY DONT HAVE ALOT OF PRO MONEY.WELL TODD KNOWS KANDI HAS LOOT AND I DONT TRUST THAT HE’S NOT AFTER IT.

25. khadijah Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 11:52 am

Mama Joyce is acting very “haughty” for someone who is living in a house given to her by her daughter and who apparently is being financially supported by Kandi. She is single for a reason. And she is putting her financial dependence above her daughter’s happiness (misery loves company).
    She is, sadly, “showing her ass” and it is clear to everyone but Kandi. Kandi needs to “shut Joyce down”. And Joyce, who professes to be so religious, needs to remember a bible passage that says: “Pride Goeth Before a Fall”.

26. Linda T. Palmer Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 11:54 am

From 1 MOTHER to Another MOTHER, Joyce take my
    advice (LET YOUR DAUGHTER MAKE HER OWN MISTAKES}
    even if marrying Todd is a mistake.
    Trust her judgement Kandi is a responsible BUSINESS
    Woman, doing a very good job of raising her daughter
    and taking care of your monetary needs.
    You come off as BITTER LONELY OLD WOMAN, with NO MAN of your own.
    Don’t make Kandi make a choice between YOU & TODD
    you will find yourself really being alone.
    Joyce you’ve lived your life now let Kandi do the same.
    As for Kandi’s 2 OLD AUNTS they shouldn’t be in the picture at all they are just as BITTER & over-the-hill as Joyce, they all need to GET-A-LIFE.

27. Sabrina Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 11:56 am

As a mother about the same age of Joyce with a child about the same age as candy, I must say, Mama Joyce is all the way wrong! As parents we want to protect our children. But, when they are grown, we can voice our opinion and then we must let go. Frankly, Todd seems to be a good young man. Mama Joyce, as everyone accurately accessed, seems to be all too concerned about Kandi’s money. I’m sure Kandi will take care of her (come what may)!

28. sandy lawrence Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 12:04 pm

kandi needs to put her mother in her place, no mother who loves her daughter would not act like this. she should keep her mouth shut, if things go wrong with Todd that is on Kandi, she is a full grown woman, let live her life and make her own mistakes. Mama Joyce is living off her daughter and is afraid she will be put aside and lose her meal ticket so she controls Kandi and Kandi lets her grow up girl and grow some balls. you can stand up to your mama and still be respectable doing it

29. Luc Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 12:07 pm

Kandi needs to cut off mamma joyce especially now since she is not talking to her. Mamma Joyce did the same thing with Kandi’s last boyfriend that passed away. Kandi will never find her happiness as long as she lets het mamma run her life and take her money.It is really sad that a mother could do that to her own daughter. Most moms want happiness for there daughters but all mama joyce wants is to make sure she has the money. Shame on mamma joyce

30. BabyRuth Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 12:08 pm

Meme, you are right on target. I think Mama Joyce needs to let her daughter go so that she can make her own decisions. She is sabotaging Kandi’s relationships and all Kandi is trying to do is be a good daughter and be in love. Poor Kandi. I wish she would just let her mother know that her choices are her choices and she has to live with them right or wrong. I just pray Todd won’t leave before Kandi realizes this is what she has to do. She can make her own decisions and live her own life and still be a good daughter. Mama Joyce needs to get her life!

31. Flo Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 12:14 pm

Wow! Some people really need to take the time out and understand a “mother’s love”, it is like no other. I have a mother who raised me and my two sisters on her own. She is a “God Fearing” woman. I will honestly say that if any man came into our lives who did not amount up to anything she would not be phony about it! She would give it to you straight up! Mama Joyce has never acted out like this before which makes me wonder what is really going on… Once again this show only shows us a few minutes of ones personal life. So much is going on behind closed doors that we do not know. So we should be careful not to speak too prematurely. Time will tell…. I commend Kandi for taking up for her mother and she said so valuable things. Her mother raised her and her mother has always been there. So quite naturally she is going to take care of her mother. I agree totally. I am hoping to see Kandi mature and learn how to recognize particular troubles and blessings in her life so that she can independently make good sound judgements. I wish her the best!

32. BabyRuth Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 12:14 pm

Meme you are right on target. I believe Kandi just needs to make her own choices. She will have to live with whatever decisions she makes – right or wrong. It doesn’t mean she isn’t a good daughter, it just means shes a grown woman! Mama Joyce is so wrong. Her “love” for her daughter is coming off as “possessiveness”. Get your own life Mama Joyce! You can’t protect Kandi from the world. I just pray Todd will not get sick of whole thing and leave Kandi. She is really happy and Mama Joyce just needs to back off!

33. Karen Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 12:14 pm

The mother appears to really enjoy hurting Kandi and abusing Todd. Her gloating while telling Todd she had her eye on him made
    me sick. Her ruining the dress day was worse.
    I hope they write her out of the show.

34. Maria Zasaretti Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 12:16 pm

I would not want to think a loving mother could be so selfish as to ruin her daughters happiness. I
    am a mother of a single female and I cannot imagine worrying about my finances over her happiness. Kandi by far did not get ahead by being dumb. Kandi has found her soul mate and he should be given respect. Mama Joyce has her mind set on evilness and dollars. Kandi should do as her daughter suggested and forget about a big wedding.Kandi should get her legalities in order and go the the little white wedding chapel. I’ll be the witness.

35. susan Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 12:17 pm

A mother is to be honored. Honoring your mother means you speak well of her and take care of her if she is a widow after the age of 62. Kandi seems to be a good daughter and I hope to have a daughter like her. Now her mother needs to respect her daughter on all fronts. The perfect book said to “owe no man nother except to love them.” Love is honor and respect inspite of how you feel.

36. Sophie Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 12:27 pm

Oh if the table was turned! If Kandi didn’t have much money, Mama Joyce would be happy that her daughter “caught a good one”. Think about that!

37. denise Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 12:27 pm

OMG!!!! follow the dollar bill….. oooops that would be greedy mutha joyce hmmmmmm go figure

38. Lynn J Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 12:30 pm

I think Kandi’s Daughter Riley was right, if she loves Todd and wants to marry him then she should, you can’t live for mama joyce. if you do you will be forever alone, mama joyce knows you love her, and she is using that love as a whip, even if and when you marry todd, mama joyce is not going anywhere, so why should you be unhappy about who you want to marry, this is a pattern with mama joyce, see it for what it is, she wants to control every situation you’re involved in. WAKE UP!!!!

39. Kelly Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 12:31 pm

Hey if I remember correctly, there was another mother who tried to sabotage a wedding, that went nowhere… Joyce is jealous because she hinted during the last season that Kandi wasn’t “taking” care of her enough… So Joyce is the opportunist plain and simple, and will cut anyone who gets in the way of the money… I understand Kandi’s hurt feelings but she has to know that this isn’t about Todd.. It is about money, and the money that Momma Joyce thinks will dry up after Kandi gets married, which Momma Joyce thinks will not be available for her…

40. CDUBB Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 12:32 pm

Mama is always right, Since she gave her life, she can speak her mind. So what if she pays her bills, that is still her mama. You only have one mother, you can have a ton of other relationships,and for those that say Mama Joyce is over stepping her bounds, we don’t know what really is going on. I am not saying that she has to do everything her mom says, of course not. But the aunts also are relunctant, something is not right about that relationship. He needs to sign a PRE NUP. Remember Kandi has a child. All should really go to the baby if anything. She comes 1st.

41. Sandi Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 12:33 pm

I understand having the utmost respect for one’s mother, but when her behavior is so out of order, she needs to be called on that behavior. Mama Joyce acts almost like a maniac at times. She sees her actions and comments are breaking her daughter’s heart but that seems not to matter to her at all. In the long run, Kandi’s choice to not call her mom to the carpet on her mess is allowing her to continue to be extremely disrespectful to other people. There has to be a way she can let her mom know the behavior is unacceptable without being disrespectful. Her mom just comes across as a very mean spirited, selfish person; I’m not saying she is, but that is how she comes across.

42. linda Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 12:34 pm

I am sorry but Mean Mama Joyce needs to get a life- a live of her own…I think Kandi is such a loving and caring person and for her mom to treat her like that is very upsetting….I hope that Kandi will continue on her journey and marry Todd..Maybe Kandi should sent MJ on a extended vacation until after the wedding….she is soooo MEAN!

43. Kimmy Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 12:38 pm

At the end of the day this is Khandi’s mother. Old school mother’s come from a different upbringing. Khandi knows who here mother is. All outsiders stand clear.
    Mom’s try to give there insight when it comes to there daughter’s well being. They have been there and done that. Doesn’t matter that Khandi is able to financially support her mother(she suppose to). She would still be there giving her daughter advice when it comes to a man period.
    People tend to forget years back when Whitney Houston’s mother intervened in her life, and everyone thought she was crazy and should stay out of her business. Well we see how far that went.
    So for all the mommas with daughter’s voice your concerns and what ever road they take. Let them know you voiced your opinion but it was there decision.

44. Tricia Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 12:39 pm

Mama Joyce is out of control!! She seems outright crazy to me! Who acts like that? My daughter wouldn’t be speaking to me if I disrespected her like that! And who is gaining by Kandi’s success?? She gave you a house for gods sake, and I’m sure much more!! Sit down and shut the hell up b4 you lose her! We cannot choose our son-in-laws, believe me I know!!

45. DD Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 12:41 pm

kandi you are a grown woman, stop letting your mother run your life, you said every time you get close to someone this happens, put your foot down, life is short, marry Todd and be happy, your mother needs a man in her life so she can stay out of yours, I hope you don’t do this to your daughter,I’m
    sure there are a lot of women out there who would love to have Todd,keep listening to your mother and they will,I am so angry at you because you defend MJ,girl, you are going to end up old and alone,all that money won’t make you happy without someone to share it with, tell MJ to back off,NOW!

46. Carla Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 12:41 pm

If I were Todd, I’d let Kandi go. He’s asked her to stand up to Mama Joyce and her excuse is she can’t disrespect her mother. He didn’t ask you to disrespect her, just get her to respect your man. And nobody told Kandi to stop taking care of her mother; again, just demand respect for your man. Kandi needs to grow up before she ends up like her mom and aunties. She’s seen her mom in action, so she needs to stop pretending she doesn’t know what’s going on every time MJ shows her ass.

47. Von Coleman Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 12:44 pm

Poor Kandi! She loves her Mom and I get that, but Mom has issues. One being SHE’S unhappy and obviously wants Kandi to grow old and lonely with her. You can respect your parents AND live your life, thats what Kandi needs to learn. She will NEVER be able to make her Mom happy, not possible, she just a miserable person that LIKES being miserable.

48. Chee Chee Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 12:47 pm

Kandi will definately be alone for the rest of life. Because no man will deal with this drama, too many women out there. Kandi Needs to wake up and smell the coffee.

49. Katie Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 12:49 pm

They both should look at the episode in which Kandi’s daughter solved the problem for the both of them. Riley told Kandi what she should tell her grandmother re the acceptance of Todd. I said my God, from the mouth of a child. Kandi was even surprise with her daughter’s straight to the point assessment and solution of the problem.

50. Becky Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 12:50 pm

I feel sorry for Kandi, no matter what her mom does she is still her mom. Kandi is a kind respectful person and it would be hard for her to go against her mom. The bad thing is that eventually her mom may run off Todd and if the Kandi’s daughter begins to take more attention and mom feel left out that will be a whole new problem. Joyce has learned what she can do and she will not stop. It will be a hard choice for Kandi but at some point she willhave to make it.

51. AACobb Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 12:53 pm

As an avid fan of RHOA I have to say that I am ashamed at how “Mama” Joyce has been acting. I am a mother of 3 daughters and no neither of them have any substantial means. I disagree all the time with what they plan or do, and I voice my opinion (give counsel) but I step away and they make their choices, I don’t terrorize their friends or act a jackass in public with them. I expect Joyce to act mature and give wise counsel. I think Riley gave her the best counsel…to marry Todd and to let Joyce know that she can come around and be nice or be left out. Some might think Kim Z was harsh with her mother but we can see that Kim is happy with her life and making beautiful babies with her man. I guess if Kandi has a baby Joyce is going to be jealous of her too….I hope Kandi gets some counseling and respectfully move on with her life.

52. Ruby Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 12:57 pm

Joyce(I refuse to call her “mama Joyce”) is a mean mean person that is clearly only concerned about herself. She could give a rat’s behind about Kandi’s happiness. Why is Kandi so defensive of her?? I don’t get the control Joyce has on her. She is such and angry women and I find it unacceptable that she would physically attack Kandi’s friend in the bridal shop. Kandi will be alone forever if she does not speak up and tell her Mother to back off.

53. Sam Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 12:58 pm

Sad to say but at this rate it looks like Kandi will never have a man/husband if Joyce has her way. I was really annoyed and a bit sickened to see Kandi crying again especially about doing for her mother when no one suggested she stop doing for your mother, the viewers simply suggested you stand up to her and deal with the situation for real. And standing up to her does not mean disrespecting her it means demanding she respect you just as you respect her. You are clearly a successful woman, mother and daughter and if you don’t believe you deserve respect for being who you are I suggest you get therapy.

54. Sam Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 1:04 pm

Also, if Kandi watched the whole scene from the bridal shop, I don’t see how she can defend her mother’s behavior. It was appalling! She was in the wrong and started the whole thing. Her mother showed her a$$ and it is so not cute for anyone to behave that way let alone a woman of her age. If she was determined to be negative then she should have just stayed away.

55. J. Miller Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 1:05 pm

Believe it or not, there are some mothers that do not want to see their daughter or some times son happy, I have experience it I am alone but not around my mother..I was somewhat like Kandi, but it just did not feel right, so I started praying to God to show me my real mother and God did show me the manipulation, lying, control, jealousy…this was taking place because my mother plans was for me to stop living and to be her thing…She was always focused on stuff and things and her children was her things, she has a difficult time saying I love you…But I do not disrespect her but keep my distance. This is a very sad situation…because you would want your mother to be happy for your happiness. Kandi must wake up before she lose the man that wants to marry her…If Kandi’s daughter can tell her to go on and get married and if Joyce is not okay then perhap there should be distance between Joyce and Kandi and she should go on and get married.

56. Kay Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 1:23 pm

Team Meme!

57. CAROLYN Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 1:41 pm

I think Kandi is letting Mama Joyce do her dirty work. I think Kandi has a case of cold feet – she doesn’t really want to get married to her young lover. I think if she truly thought that he is the one…and if he truly rings all of her bells, neither her mother nor anyone else could come between them. The fact that she’s allowing her mother to bully and insult the ‘man she loves’ is designed to get him to walk away from the relationship…Kandi will get to blame her mother…and her exboyfriend when she is the one at fault. For her, the romance is over…and she had probably met someone else that she thinks would be a better match for her. She’s one of those people who will waltz around the situation and make passive-aggressive moves until she gets the result she seeks: to have both the boyfriend and her mother out of her life. But Kandi is an emotionally immature woman. Grown people don’t let their parents (or anyone else) run their life.

58. Arlene Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Mama Joyce, God forbid that something happen to your daughter, and this ugly bump in the road is the only remembrance of your otherwise loving relationship you have left. Let the young lady grow up, (mistakes and all, if there be any)and enjoy your time together. Don’t allow something you can’t control, be your loss. And don’t continue to make her feel guilty because you disagree with a decision of hers…. Did you do everything your mother wanted you to do when you were young? We can’t prevent all the hurts and falls our loved ones make, but we can love them anyway and be there them to help heal any hurts.

59. Memaw Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 1:44 pm

Maybe it is time for a medical(physical)check-up for MJ. She is totally opposite from what she has been on the show in the past. There may be underlying issues that need to be addressed. Best of luck in the future.

60. Bev Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 1:47 pm

I was shocked, and quite frankly disgusted at Joyce’s behavior. Shame on her for putting her daughter in the position of having to defend her and her antics! Kandi is a soft-hearted, good person, and I do think she is somewhat controlled by her mother. Shocking behavior from a woman Joyce’s age. Shame on her…

61. Troy Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 1:50 pm

Kandi needs to cut Momma Joyce off financially and let her live off her social security. I would also suggest she be tested for bipolar behavior.

62. Donna Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 1:52 pm

Kandi, Should investigate what her mom is saying, first. If the rumor is false. Her and Todd should elope and have a wedding ceremony for special invites. Enjoy each others love. if she finds it is true, what is said. Tell who she wants to know so everyone can shut their damn mouth. PeACE!

63. L Sills Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 1:53 pm

Mama Joyce is a bad person. We watched her make up lies and distribute them to those around her. She accuses the boyfriend of opportunist, then philandering with Kandi’s girlfriend. Both ugly hateful lies. Kandi will never be able to make mama happy . If Kandi gives, mama will only want more. If I were the boyfriend, I would never marry her because of the mama situation. They cannot be happy with this liar in their presence. Mama needs to be sent away or reconditioned. However, she is so selfish as to destroy the wedding event and anything that makes Candi happy. Kandi- you need new boundaries. This is not what mama’s are made of.

64. D. Johnson Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 1:54 pm

This is an intevention for “Iyanla, Fix My Life”. Kandi and her mom are not ready for Iyanla.

65. Tasos826 Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 1:55 pm

This is a sad situation. Though Joyce is undeserving of Kandi’s devotion and generosity, and badly in need of a radical attitude adjustment, Kandi still has defended and supported her in spite of her abuse and her emotional and exploitation behavior.

If one stops to recount and consider what Joyce has said about and accused Kandi’s friends and loved one’s of doing, they all pretty much are evident in Joyce’s own words and actions. In other words, a photo of Joyce can appear next to the definition of the term (in psychology),
    “projection”, because JOYCE IS, says and does all that she accused the others of being, saying and doing.

66. Lucie Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 1:56 pm

Joyce is just never happy. She disliked Kandi’s boyfriend AJ and was vocal about that. Now Kandi has found love again, this time with Todd and surprise – mama ain’t happy! The fact is Joyce is jealous and she definitely doesn’t want to be relegated to second fiddle in Kandi’s world. She is never going to like anyone that Kandi is in a relationship with. I feel sorry for Kandi. She is clearly going to protect herself by signing a prenup with Todd. I’m sure this isn’t something she has decided lightly. I think Joyce is worried that somehow she is going to lose her financial lifeline and her time in the spotlight.

With that being said, it is reality TV and they are getting paid to create “drama” and friction and there is a lot that we think we know but we don’t see all the tape and we don’t know these people like TV makes us think we do.

Kandi is one of my favorite “housewives”. She seems very grounded and tries to stay away from the drama. Riley is clearly wise beyond her years. Listen to your daughter, marry Todd if that’s what your heart tells you is the right thing to do and eventually if Joyce really loves you unconditionally as a parent should, she’ll come around when she sees you are happy.

67. D. Johnson Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 1:58 pm

This is an intervention for “Iyanla, Fix My Life”. Kandi and her mom are not ready for Iyanla.

68. Barb Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 2:02 pm

I think we are missing the whole point of this issue. Mama Joyce clearly said, ” he is not good enough for you” in her eyes… she said that. That means she is not satisfied with Kandi choice in this man. She wants better for Kandi. she wants the best for her daughter so she doesnt have to worry about her ever. Whether Kandi is successful or not, MamaJ is her mother and she will be concerned for her daughters future, whether rich or poor, successful or not. Its a mother thing. She believes Kandi can do better. She knows her heart. She is extrememly protective of Kandi and her empire. Perhaps Joyce does seee something in Todd that is not cool. We see a taped TV show once a week. MamaJ spends more time with them than we do. However I think her outbursts are making the situation a more overwhelming. From Kandis prespective you dont disrespect your mother, no matter what she does or says to you. shes been bought up that way. i understand that. My mom is 86 years old and she says things that crawl on me….but i would never disrespect her in a response. When its all said and done, cameras go away and everyone moves on…..guess whose still here? mom

69. Lee B Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 2:03 pm

The Bible says when a couple marries that they will leave their MOTHER and father and cleave to their spouse. Kandi needs to understand to demand that her mother shows her and her relationship respect is not being disrespectful, it’s standing on your own and defending her ability to make HER own choice of spouse. Her mother needs to play her position, which is being happy for her daughter if this man makes her happy and treats her well. Money can’t buy you that. Her mother and her assistant totally disrespect her in the fact that they appear to think very little of her character to think that just because she marries Todd she will cut them off. That speaks VOLUMES about what they think of her.

Todd is marrying her, not her family. If she keeps waiting for her mother to approve her man, she’ll never get married and just like her friend says, she’s going to have no one in her life except her mother.

I was married for 22 years and my mom passed in 1996 and I just found out recently that she did not really like my now ex-husband but I very proud that she played her position. It would not have made a difference to me whether she or anyone did not like him and I would have RESPECTFULLY let them know that.

If she does not speak up to her mother I don’t foresee Todd remaining as patient as he is now and he shouldn’t. If he was being a Mamma’s boy she would not tolerate it. Let just be real.
    I hope she will cleave to her man and do the right thing.

70. Ashley Moss Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 2:04 pm

How can you let your mother disrespect you and your future husband.She acts like a child and I don’t like her or her mother anymore. You can respect your parents and not let them be disrespectful towards you. Mama Joyce is going to make Kandi single for the rest of her life.

71. Corrina Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 2:07 pm

The silent treatment from mama Joyce is another ploy to make Kandi suffer and give into her. How old are you Kandi that you can’t just tell your mother “If you can’t support me in my relationship with Todd then that is something you will have to overcome, but I am in love with Todd and I am going to marry him”. End of story. Kandi your mother lived her life already good or bad. Now it is time for you to live your life. Without your mother’s advise. She is so worried your husband will influence you to not let her take complete control of your life as she is doing right now. It’s good to love and respect your mother, but she isn’t teaching you anything about love or respect! You have to make up your own mind about marrying Todd. Your mother will never be happy with anyone for you because they are a threat to her muching off you. Don’t try to make up with your mom let her stew in her own sauce for awhile. She’ll be back when she needs more $. Your a good person you deserve happiness. Your mama is selfish and only thinking of herself!

72. Patsy Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 2:15 pm

The above comments said it all and well. I just want to add that Ms Joyce is an embarrassment to all Mothers who truly love their children. Sad to say Kandi will not realize her mothers “control” over her until it is too late–Todd has told Kandi “stand up” to her; Kandi refuses to do the grown woman thing! in a respectful loving way; this evil spirit that is using Ms Joyce only can be correctly dealt with thru prayer–so Todd if he is in this for the long haul –he needs to put his spiritual warfare armour on–and fight this in the spirit realm–and love Ms Joyce despite all the mean things she says against him; and we thank God for doctors–”Ms Joyce possibly needs to be medicated! Am just saying!!

73. Patsy Murray Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 2:19 pm

74. RB18 Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 4:24 pm

Sometimes love is used when something else is at issue. Mothers can be jealous of their daughters, especially if there own dreams were unfuilled. They even lie about why their fathers may have left them. When they share most of the blame. Joyce wants to be her daughters girlfriend, following her everywhere as she did in Kandi frist season, until the girls complained. It’s not about Todd. It’s about Todd wanting Kandi without Joyce. Wanting joyce to stay in her lane and not move in the guest house. This woman is not concerned about her daughters happiness, she’s concerned about the money and her access to her daughter and thereby acess to her money. You don’t insult your daughter by saying, two short people with big heads don’t belong together. “Kandi is short and have a big head and so does Todd.” Kandi will do want she wants because that is her mother. But don’t get mad at people for commenting on her actions when you allowed her to be on nationwide t.v., when you knew how she was. This is not new to you. This woman have acted like this all your life. Her and your aunts lied on Carmen and everybody watching it saw them lie. It was embarassing, because they are elders. when she insults, lies, and maybe hit someone else. What are you going to do? She is your mother, not someone elses, people deserve the same respect as she does. She cannot treat people the way whe treats you. She will hit someone and some people will give her a good beat down. Get her off t.v., and keep your lying aunts off before your brand is destroyed. You are losing symphaty and respect. Most people cannot afford therapy, you can.

75. E Says:
    December 10th, 2013 at 5:32 pm

Khandi tends to show too much weakness while playing like she does not know what is going on with her mother. A man does not like a weak A** women like a woman does not want a weak A** man. If it was Told and his mother she would say something in a heart beat and would have already left him…

76. Sherahe Says:
    December 11th, 2013 at 11:20 am

Really people, really. Please stop with the harsh comments about MamaJoyce. At the end of the day that is someone’s (Kandi’s) Mom. We have no right to call her evil and a few other words that have been mentioned. If I didn’t know any better, I’d think you all knew her personally. None of us, know the real or true story, only what the camera’s allow us to see. No mother should want to see another mother be disrespected, and you all with the harsh comments are disrespecting Mama Joyce. If Kandi doesn’t disrespect her Mom what gives you all the right. Kandi should check each of you for talking about her Mother. Let her handle this, pray for this family. My mother once told me, “If you don’t have anything good to say, then don’t say anything at all. Just keep it to yourself. She also said, “It’s better for people to assume your ignorant, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt”. Be blessed and stop the mess.

77. Mama Drama Says:
    December 11th, 2013 at 3:00 pm

That Joyce is a freak of nature. I can see loyalty to her Mom, but Joyce is hating everyone for supposedly using Kandi for her money. Let’s recap…where is Joyce living? Yup in Kandi’s old house free and clear, yet she says that her friend uses her old weave, shoes etc… seems she’s blaming everyone for doing what she’s actually doing. Lousy mother.

78. TERRY Says:
    December 12th, 2013 at 4:45 pm

RUN forest

79. Jase Says:
    December 12th, 2013 at 7:14 pm

They both are miserable toxic people. I blame Kandi for exposing her friend Carmon, Todd, her daughter to the hate that comes from her mama when she knows full well how her mother feels and how hurtful and abusive she treats others she does not like.

How dare Kandi think that being cruel to others is something they should take from Mama cause she is mama. When Kandi said she can handle it but they cannot proves Kandi needs help and therapy cause she does not seem to understand we all have boundary’s. Even Mama.

80. Ms Shephard Says:
    December 13th, 2013 at 9:29 am

First thing first we are not always going to be able to protect our children mama joyce needs to let go and Pray to God that kandis eyes be open if she feels wrong in this marriage or relationship Kandi needs to see for herself,the word says when you marry its time let go of parents and cleave to your Husband,I have daughters also we can not always choose for them even thought we want to,Mama joyce let go before you loose your daughter and not saying to Kandi to let her Mother go But step back,Sometimes the devil will use a family member your Mama if she do not Know God Kandi I Pray you make the right decission and far has Joyces sisters getting involved that was wrong thats not the way you show any body anything by making them and its ok for kandi to provide for her Mother you do not no what they went thru to get here But Kandi stop feeling obligated to your Mother you own no one nothing keep doin what your doing

81. Rebecca M Says:
    December 15th, 2013 at 6:16 am

Joyce is just worried about her share of the pie, not her daughters happiness. She’s putting everything down to money and it’s embarrassing. Fact is if Todd was a millionaire she wouldn’t even be questioning it. She’s acting like a selfish bitch, not a mother. Money brings out the worst in some people… Awful….

82. Mammi12 Says:
    December 16th, 2013 at 8:39 am

I am proud of Kandi because she is so scared she will disrespect her Mom but you can put your parents in check without disrespecting because Todd seems like a great guy I would hate for someone else snatch him up because then all she have is Momma Joyce with bells on because it is very clear momma Joyce does not want her to have a husband an I’m scared she will run Todd off you no abuse comes in all forms an a family can run a stronge love an I hate to see that cause Kandi is so happy Momma. Joyce is worried about who gonna get what if something happens to Kandi or she would not be going to lawyers an friends an doing all that money talking I mean never once has she brung up the care of the little girl an we all no kandi is smart enough she has here stuff all under control an I think your children should get the parents stuff an your spouse to yes take care of your parents lord knows my husband takes cares of ours an we are not rich

83. Mammi12 Says:
    December 16th, 2013 at 8:46 am

But Kandinsky needs to put her mom in her place an let her no who runs there home she gave Momma Joyce her old house worry bout your home an I worry bout mine because Kandi is grown is she not an she has a child I see how much she loves Todd an I don’t see they either have Big Heads that’s just another ugly thing that’s out there Kandi please don’t let Todd go keep a holt on him put yourself in Todd’s shoes what if his mom was doing you they way your Mom is doing him an saying the things Momma Joyce is saying about your Best Friend an him you would be crazy with anger again I never want anyone to disrespect my Momma but No one will Disrespect the man I have loved either an Momma Joyce has cut Todd deep who cares if you buy gro an he pays the water really as long as you are ok with it an it’s not a momma thing When it comes down to it Momma Joyce has Proved more than once if you watch the episodes all she is worried about is the money if something happens because she don’t wanna have to worry about not living the way she lives

84. Mammi12 Says:
    December 16th, 2013 at 8:54 am

I’m sorry to write so much but I want to get my point across if you don’t toughing up with your family your gonna wake up an everyone is gone but your Mom the only person who doesn’t want you to have a love well she don’t act like she cares if you have a man as long as Marriage is not the case watch the show an you will see it’s all about your money I hate keep saying that but it is …your happiness is not even in the same ball game as far as Momma Joyce is concerned everyone needs a future ..present..& past …I have friends that never been married they have no children they are not happy please don’t let your family run your man off stick up for him tell him you on his side no matter what the wedding will go on baby you deserve to be happy an so does Todd an really only two ppl has to be happy an that is You & your sweet baby girl an as long as y’all two are happy the rest well have to deal I’m sorry for such a long tweet but I feel like Kandi has lost herself an she needs to find her voice when it comes to her family an over rule them an put your foot down an don’t let anyone tell you Todd is screwing everyone …..love ya gurl

85. T.T. Says:
    December 16th, 2013 at 2:43 pm

This is a really sad situation. Kandi is and have honored her Mother, but the bible also speaks that no one owns your life but God.Its time for Kandi to get true Understanding and realize until she take charge of her own life and make choices based on her Moma feelings , this will be the rest of her life. A marriage is a union of three husband, wife and God. Not Mommy Dearest. This is just about CONTROL and once Kandi realize it her Mother will continue to manipulate her out of her own selfishness and Misery. God can also replace bad people in good people life. Kandi needs a positive mentor who offers good sound advice and treats her as though she matter.

Comments