The Voice’s Tessanne Chin Wows Once Again With Bridge Over Troubled Water Cover

December 10, 2013 12:53 PM by Stephanie Gustafson

Just when we think the lovely Tessanne Chin has hit her peak, the Team Adam contestant once again manages to defy expectations. Last night, during the semi-final round on The Voice, Tessanne almost left mentor Adam Levine speechless — and that’s quite the accomplishment!

Tessanne Chin continues to deliver flawless performances on The Voice, leading us to believe that Adam Levine’s early front-runner claims may have been spot-on. Yesterday, the contestant took on the classic Simon & Garfunkel hit Bridge Over Troubled Water — and as usual, she offered up a unique spin on an old favorite.

Both singer and mentor were left incredibly emotional in the aftermath of the performance, which appears to have held some form of personal meaning for Tessanne. Adam alluded to this mystery while raving, “That’s crazy, what just happened. Not only knowing the context of what’s going on in your life, but also just the sheer talent is just…I’ve never been speechless on the show before, but I think that’s probably the most flawless and graceful performance I’ve ever heard on the show.”

The good news continued well after the end of Tessanne’s performance on The Voice. Dedicated fans headed straight for iTunes to purchase the track, rocketing Bridge Over Troubled Water all the way to number one on the download list! Thrilled by this development, the singer took to social media to share her gratitude. “Oh my God!!!! It’s like 5:30am here but being woken up by this news is priceless!!! You did it!!! Thank you thank you thank you.!!!!”

Did you catch Tessanne Chin’s stunning rendition of Bride Over Troubled Water? Feel free to relive the awe-inspiring vocal artistry in the video we’ve posted below. When you’re done, head to the comments section and tell us what you think!

Want more? Follow our tweets on Twitter and like us on Facebook! Click here for more information about The Voice. For other great reality TV news, please feel free to check out SirLinksALot: The Voice.

Photo Credit: NBC

Topics: NBC Reality TV Shows, The Voice |

7 Responses to “The Voice’s Tessanne Chin Wows Once Again With Bridge Over Troubled Water Cover”

1. Shauna Says:
    December 11th, 2013 at 4:37 am

This was a beautiful and flawless performance. I tear up every time I hear it and have been thinking about it ever since Monday night.

2. tweetybird Says:
    December 11th, 2013 at 2:53 pm

This is one of those performances to be captured and immortalised. This was not just putting melody to words; this was singing with every emotion and experience that makes Tessanne the beautiful person that she is. She is so real, and a breath of fresh air!

3. Beverley Says:
    December 11th, 2013 at 3:12 pm

Not because am a Jamaican I am giving her praises but she deserve it very humble sweet talented Jamaican I hope we all see how great we all are and follow her footprint u make me shout so much people taught I was in trouble so thank am proud of u my daughter a young reggae artist u have her want to do possessive music so u do it for other to be better I hope Jamaican see how we little but we tallawah

4. Don Says:
    December 11th, 2013 at 5:22 pm

One of the most memorable singing experiences I have ever seen, absolutely breathtaking

5. SpokaneMan Says:
    December 11th, 2013 at 8:24 pm

I want to be honest,the performance missed the mark and feeling. The song was written at a time when hope seem fading for blacks, Vietnam vets, JFK, Martin Luther, RFK assassinations. This song was meant to bind people together for a common cause of CHANGE. Perhaps if she listen to Garfunkel version 100 times and connected the song to something important to Jamaica she could have had a stunning performance instead it was good, missing the emotional connection. Keep trying…next time don’t change the script that was PERFECT first time.

6. maxine Says:
    December 12th, 2013 at 4:49 pm

Hi SpokaneMan:

I am sorry that you did not get the facts concerning the song. Also, that you did not get the fact that Tessanne was also coming from an emotional place when and why she chose that song. Let me invite you to visit http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=247 to get further information on the song.

7. Sweets Says:
    December 12th, 2013 at 7:08 pm

Not sure what you were listening to SpokeanMan, but the performance was truly flawless. Maybe your hearing aid needs tuning, I’m just saying. Anyway, her rendition was so powerful and emotional that I’m still singing it today. It may have been perfect the first time around, but now it is FLAWLESS :)

Comments